[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why do so many dislike Advent Children?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

So why do so many dislike Advent Children?
>>
Honestly it's pretty good
>>
It adds nothing to the story, if anything it takes away by undermining the climax and struggle of the game by making it so Sephiroth wasn't even defeated and putting the characters in back a similar position they were before.
>>
>>380842545
I loved it :3
>>
Too much Cloud I wanted more of the other characters.

Also very fanfic-y with the seph clones.
>>
>>380842545
It was just poorly written and conceived across the board. The original FF7 was riddled with flaws but could still be enjoyed on its own merits, AC is just a pointless entry that adds absolutely nothing to the story, characters or lore. It also ruined Cloud and is the biggest reason he's seen as an emo fuckboy all the time.
>>
the kino is too strong for normal people
>>
It shattered the illusion that Ff7 had a good story. Upon seeing it everyone that cried when Aries died or thought it made any sense at all realized on some level how shitty it was, but most people had their heads so far up their ass they mistook their distaste for the movie and provided asinine reasons why the movie was so bad but the game was still great.
>>
Emo Cloud
>>
>>380843007
FF7's plot isn't that hard to follow unless you're literally retarded, especially in this day and age.
>inb4 but the translation
Good thing there are now retranslations easily available.
>>
>>380842545
they nerfed tifa's pointy bits
>>
It felt less like a continuation of FF7 and more like a pointless side story that really did not bring much to the table outside seeing FF7 Characters in HD for the first time.
>>
>>380842545
Because tifa in that movie looks 90% like the girl that turned my heart into minced meat.
>>
>>380842545
Honestly, it was boring.
>>
The story is stupid.
The fight scenes are also stupid.
>>
>>380843007
Why would a spin-off animated movie with barely any story at all make people "realize how shitty the FF7 story was"? Doesn't make any sense. I can see this happening when the remake comes, however. And people blaming the remake when the original story was generic animu garbage all along (I'm not sure whether it was).
>>
>>380842545

Dilly dally shilly sally

and, no. The Japanese equivalent was equally retarded
>>
>>380843335
I'm sorry anon. I know what it feels like.
>>
>>380843425
No you're right it is, as is every other JRPG with the only exception being Vagrant Story.
>>
>>380842545
I like it.
>>
>>380842545
I enjoyed the movie but I think the whole 3 Sephiroths thing was fucking retarded.
>>
>>380843445
DILLY
DALLY
SHILLY
SALLY
>>
>>380842545
Ruining Tifa with that hideously unsexy outfit, tit reduction, generic Asian 3d model face and lack of spunky, seductive attitude that she had in the original game.
>>
>>380842545
It was boring and tried to get by on the quality of the visuals alone.
>>
The original game was fun. AC was depressing.
>>
>>380844037
Just so you know, that "spunky, seductive attitude" was a product of the inaccurate translation. Her personality in AC is as it was in the original game.
>>
>>380842545
How is this video games?
>>
>>380843445
German version had her muttering something along the lines of 'always the same excuses' because that was the only thing that really made sense in that scene because the original line can't really be translated.
>>
>>380844478
Wasn't the point that despite her hot looks and being able to beat up people that she was rather reserved and quiet when it comes to her feelings?
>>
>>380842545
>terrible new costumes for almost every character
>they changed the Buster Sword with that weird gold bar replacing the standard metallic one
>Cloud doesn't use a single of the other iconic swords of the game, instead has that retarded Fusion Sword
>grey filter all over the place, there's a distinct lack of color aside from Vincent and Red XIII
>showing barely anything about the world that the game estabilished: you get a new town out of nowhere, a bit of Midgar and a bit of the City of the Ancients
>very basic and stretched plot, you can tell this was supposed to be a short originally
>some of the music remixes are horrible, like the piano version of the original battle theme
>ever since this Clous is stuck in his emo persona with Steve Burton acting like they killed his pet goldfish all the time
>they game Tifa a shitty catchphrase; thank heavens it seems Dissidia NT is fixing that
>Red XIII has barely any screentime due to problems in animating its fur
>they removed the mooglebot from Cait Sith, making it completely useless
>they pushed Denzel trying to make him the new big character that's supposed to be important just like Crisis Core will do later with Genesis
>the Turks are reduced to a living joke, they barely put up any fight and in the end they have to rely on trickery to accomplish something
>Rufus' agenda is completely all over the place
>also, Rufus is alive
>absolutely no monster variety, you get the shadow dogs and that thing that pretends to be Bahamut, and that's it
>materias are extremely underutilized, aside from summoning Bahamut i can think of Loz using Haste, but even then it may be one of his natural abilities anyway
>inconsistencies between the dubs and the subs: the scene where Denzel charges Bahamut has different meanings in Japanese, English and at least the Italian subs
>final fight is just Cloud vs. Sephiroth, other party members are reduced to the role of Sonic's friends in Sonic Generations

I could go on all day, OP.
>>
>>380842545
>English VA was/is absolute garbage
>story was weak
>three literally who villains to don't care about
>just a vehicle to have Sephy come back
The fights were pretty badass, I'll say that, and it 'is' always nice to see Sephiroth, just wish they'd brought him back in a more believable capacity.
>>
>>380844478
I've played the untranslated Japanese version, and I can tell you that this is absolutely not the case.
>>
>>380842545
Because Cloud has the same mental issues again which he already came over during the game.
>>
>>380845848
Fuck, with the Dissidia NT statement i meant it referring to the above point of emo Cloud.
Also, apologizing for the typos; currently recovering from a hangover, i've been typing shitty all day.
>>
>>380843068
>>380842653
>>380842796
>>380845848
this
>>
File: cloud and buster sword.png (173KB, 448x344px) Image search: [Google]
cloud and buster sword.png
173KB, 448x344px
>THERE'S NOT A THING I DONT CHERISH

all these years later and that dreadful fuckin line still rings in my brain
>>
>>380847728
Yep, until that moment I thought nothing could top Squall's "I DON'T WANT ANYBODY TALKING ABOUT ME IN PAST TENSE" line but Nomura and friends do it again.
>>
>>380845848
>Dissidia NT
What she's in it?
>>
>>380842545
muh story

Honestly it's a fine action movie. Just turn your brain off and enjoy the fanservice.
>>
File: cloudina.png (765KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cloudina.png
765KB, 750x1000px
It turned Cloud into an emo faggot that carried over to KH so it became cannon

Cloud isn't an edgelord, he is just a smug mercenary who likes to crossdress, beat up his prostitutes and take baths with gay muscleheads
>>
>>380848346
>turn your brain off
Every time. ls this even a valid excuse?
>>
>>380848482
>smug
He took that from Zack. Cloud himself is a dweeb.
>>
Expanding FFVII was a bad idea altogether
>>
>>380848641
Eh, imagine they would have decided to expand upon VIII instead. I think we got off easy.
>>
>>380848605
Yes, because the people who made this movie clearly gave less of a rat's ass about the story making sense than they did about cramming it full of action and references. It's incredibly transparent. It's not worth caring about the plot when the writers themselves didn't. Nor would it honestly be worth it to either, it's a ~2 hour movie, not a full-length JRPG.
>>
>>380842545
They covered up the epic paffu-paffus
>>
>>380848641
You take that back, crisis core was fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOJ91H4mraU
>>
File: vomit.jpg (82KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
82KB, 680x680px
>>380848907
NO IT FUCKING WASN'T

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU FAGGOT
>>
>>380848970
What was wrong with it? Don't tell me you're one of those turn based babies that don't have reflexes
>>
>>380843445
what's the japanese version
>>
>>380849069
Are you implying that CC's gameplay was challenging in any way?
>>
>>380849069
WHAT FUCKING REFLEXES DO YOU NEED FOR THAT BRAINDEAD GARBAGE
>>
>>380849229
No, but that's all I could think of that anybody would dislike about it. Some people want to be able to move at a turtle's pace when playing games.

>>380849247
You didn't answer my question
>>
the movie really should've been a game instead
>>
File: 63291_front[1].jpg (74KB, 479x680px) Image search: [Google]
63291_front[1].jpg
74KB, 479x680px
>nobody ever remembers this even exists
>>
>>380848153
>>380846741
>>
>>380849351
IT'S SLOW ENOUGH FOR A FUCKING SLOTH TO PLAY

WHY DOES EVERYTHING MOVE IN FUCKING SLOW MOTION

IT'S ALMOST AS SLOW AS YOU
>>
>>380849662
Geez man, I didn't mean to tickle your tism this bad. I enjoyed it and if you didn't that's alright, everybody can like their own things.
>>
>>380848970
>tfw liked CC
It's ok, honestly the biggest flaw was that you had to do those side missions before certain stages, or you're locked out of them until NG+, which is stupid design.
>>
>>380849073
HEPPI
UREPPI
YORUPIKOUNEEEEIIIIII~~~
>>
>>380849523
I'll tell you now, that I love this game.

Not the story, but the game itself. Fuckin' awesome. The story is a shit though.
>>
>>380849073
Zuruzuruzuru
The japanese sound of dragging something along the floor. Which is basically what Cloud does with his problems.
>>
>>380850343
I liked Yuffie's outfit.
>>
>>380849351
>Some people want to be able to move at a turtle's pace when playing games.

Which is funny because you still moved at a turtle's pace in CC, in no small part thanks to the obnoxious encounter rated and auto-triggered unskippable summon animations.

>>380849523
Good, that turd deserves to stay flushed.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.