[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 14

What exactly went wrong?
>>
>>380839113
Not producing enough units.
>>
It's an underpowered system for casuals
>>
Not sure what you mean.
Its selling well right now.
Sure its sold out in alot of places due to low production at launch.
>>
>>380839113
Screen is easily scratched.
>>
everything
>>
I would say the only real flaws it has is there isn't enough of them, and no details on virtual console yet
>>
>>380839251
This and only this
>>
>>380839113
Artificial shortage.
>>
>>380839216
More like it's an OP handheld because, despite what Nintendo claims, that's exactly what it is. As long as it keeps selling well this will be the replacement for the 3DS.
>>
>>380839113
Apple stealing all the production parts

Fuck you apple I don't want to pay a scalper
>>
>>380839113
It's being received quite well, I could see the memory issue irking some people though.
>>
>>380839304
They're making it sound like virtual console will be part of the paid subscription. I think that sounds pretty cool, maybe change the free games every month and let people buy them at a discount during that month.
>>
the games (where are they?)

portable. but not really. "we don't want to make an expensive battery"

no GPS no streetpass local multiplayer is DS-tier no reason for it to be portable
>>
>>380839369
>Apple stealing all the production parts
>people seriously believe this
>>
>>380839513
>needing effort to believe facts
Okay anon. even the screen is made in at the same factory
>>
>>380839559
dank as fuck
>>
>>380839113
Not made by Sony.

Right bros??
>>
>>380839113
Everything. It's a shame Nintendo didn't learn anything before building the Wii U 2.0.
>>
>>380839503
>no GPS
Why the fuck does it need a GPS?
>>
File: 1448410422878.gif (691KB, 255x209px) Image search: [Google]
1448410422878.gif
691KB, 255x209px
>>380839113
nothing

it pairs pretty well with my pc and xbone

shame sony hasnt released anything worth a shit otherwise id be full idort
>>
>>380839503
Next year end it should have a good library, which is great since I'm buying it then
>>
>>380839113

Have they sorted the scratching issues and dead pixels yet?
>>
>>380839820
pokemon go 2

zelda go

shit AR games duh. also checking in at starbucks for a free royal broadsword +
>>
>>380839503
It already has a great selection of games and its only a little over 2 months
>>
File: srsly.jpg (26KB, 275x453px) Image search: [Google]
srsly.jpg
26KB, 275x453px
>>380839917
Nah
>>
>>380839858
Scratching issue will never be sorted since they went for non-breaking instead of hardness in terms of screen.

Dead pixels are rare, but if you do get one just return it
>>
>>380839936
no it doesn't. it is especially bad if you bought MK8 and the DLC

they focused the entire hardware design on being the "portable console" and absolutely nothing in the first year makes that a good idea. they sacrificed power and third party games for what?
>>
>>380839113
It was just designed poorly and needs a remake.
>>
Third parties arn't taking the risk of seriously developing for the switch yet.

If it has 10 million units by the end of the year we might see more third parties adopting the switch in 2018.
>>
I really want to buy but only when there is a new version with improvement, doesn't have to be hardware, just internal parts would be nice

Like how the PS4 1216a where it improved the cooling system

But I only have a wii so I don't know if nintendo ever does this kind of thing
>>
File: 6e4.gif (458KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
6e4.gif
458KB, 500x281px
>>380839113
No games.
>>
>>380839113
The quality of the switch portable screen is ass. I got one. People were memeing about the screen quality. But BOTW is way more vibrant and beautiful on Switch (docked) in contrast with the Wii U.
>>
>>380839146
This. Basically the only issue is that Nintendo literally can't make enough of them to meet demand.
>>
>>380839425
They dont only last a month anymore.
As long as you're subbed you got em
>>
>>380839251
Have you met other people? Half the world is a walking around with a shattered phone. The Switch screen will be battered in a few years, but at least it won't be cracked.
>>
instead of making an amusement park they should have teamed up with phone carriers and released this thing like a phone
>>
>>380839503
>portable. but not really. "we don't want to make an expensive battery"
I know right? Why the hell can't Nintendo just revolutionise battery technology?
>>
>>380840619
>he didnt win the panel lottery and get the superior ips panel

sucks to be u nerd
>>
>>380840606
Arms?
>>
>>380840837
>Ips panel

Wut.

Also I will never use it portable. I like the pro controller too much.
>>
>>380839113
too expensive for my slavshithole
>>
Shit isn't worth more than $200
>>
>>380840837
All Switch have ips panels.
>>
>>380840949
its a type of lcd panel that produces great color accuracy and doesnt change colors when looking at it from an angle

the shit panels are tn, they look reddish and change color when looked at from an angle. also the color is shit.

id be pretty pissed if i got the shit tn panel desu
>>
>>380839113
short supply on launch (pretty much the same shit they did with amiibos) and lack of worthwhile games at launch. You should only get one if you are going for the long haul.
>>
>>380841096
Nah because as I said I don't like portable shit.
>>
>>380840235
Well too name a few off the top of my head,

>Fast RMX
>I am Setsuna
>BotW
>Shovel Knight
>Snipperclips
>Bomberman
>BlasterMasterZero
>Bunch of Neo Geo games
>Mario Kart
>Arms
>PuyoPuyo Tetris
>NBA Playgrounds
>Disgaea 5
>Ultra Street Fighter II
>Shantae
>CaveStory+

Thats not even including the rest of the titles..
Sure some are WiiU games, but barely anyone fucking got that system so it doesn't matter.
This selection of games is pretty fucking good for a console that just launched
>>
>>380839113
NOGAEM
>>
>>380841613
Strong indie/jap support, weak major publisher support?
>>
>>380842076
Just like Vita... whoa
>>
>>380839113
Nintendo weren't expecting such high demand, and production keeps getting delayed because they use some components made by the same company that Apple uses.
>>
>>380842076
Still a good list of games regardless
>>
>>380841613
>Bomberman
>Bunch of Neo Geo games
>Arms
>PuyoPuyo Tetris
>Ultra Street Fighter II

>tfw have arcade nostalgia and this is enough to convince me to buy the console
>no consoles in stock anywhere
>>
>>380842076
all the indie games are third party support
we didnt have this indie shit before now suddenly indie isnt third party
>>
>>380839216
So you're saying it's a console?
>>
>>380842402

Nowadays, "indie" is synonym for "poor 3rd party".
>>
>>380842341
just gotta keep trying bro
>>
File: tarnation.png (765KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
tarnation.png
765KB, 720x715px
>>380839827
>this post
>>
>>380839251
who the fuck doesn't buy a screen protector for their electronics?
>>
anyone over 15 who plays handhelds is a piece of shit
>>
>>380843134
me, because they don't work
>>
>>380840761
ikno bait but the switch weighs 10 pounds and the battery lasts 2 hours.

my gS8 has a modern touchscreen, 4g, GPS, etc. its a phone. and the battery lasts all day
>>
>>380839216
Casuals only play cinematic experiences so no.
>>
>>380839113
An ipad has more games and can do much more at roughly the same price
>>
>>380843757
Are you actually working with a mental handicap? Your phone isn't actually doing anything the entire day, if you spend two hours playing Pokemon Go it'd be dead as well. If you phone could run BotW (it can't), it would crap out in fifteen minutes.
>>
File: 1495225266961.jpg (45KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
1495225266961.jpg
45KB, 500x479px
>>380843861
Pretty sure most casuals play CoD and EA sport games not a lot of cinematics. going on in this those.
Hardcore Casuals only play mobile shit.
The average gamer is most likely a ps4 and Xbone user.
Degenerates beyond help play on Nintendos consoles and wank off to anime on their $1500 pc rigs
Prove me wrong
>>
>>380843915
To be fair, the phone would likely throttle the shit out of the cpu after running BotW for a bit anyway.
Speaking of battery life, how the hell does the Switch use so little power in sleep mode?
>>
Gimmick controller.
Having to buy yet another screen when I already have a 49" 4k tv.
Fucking over everyone who bought a Wii U in spite of the first two points.
>>
File: linklantern.png (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
linklantern.png
24KB, 400x400px
>>380839113

For you? You became jaded and forgot how to have fun. You're angry Nintendo didn't "grow up" with you and your mature games for mature gamers.

For Nintendo, nothing. Its still selling out everywhere. People who enjoy video games are buying them.
>>
>>380844258
>Sonybros are still THIS mad
lol
>>
>>380839113
3 months and no library
>>
BotW station
>>
File: 1492954976538.jpg (46KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
1492954976538.jpg
46KB, 618x412px
>>380843861
But all Nintendo games are heavily marketed towards children.

>Adult dudebros play Cowadoody, BF, OW, CSGO, etc.
>Grade schoolers play Splatoon

>FGs play SFV, Tekken 7, KI, Injustice 2, etc.
>Casualtards waggle ARMS & Pokken

>Gamers play Metroidvania
>Babbies play Super Mario and Donkey Kong rehashes

>Dudebros play FIFA, Madden, NBA, etc.
>Kiddies play Mario Stryker, Mario & Sonic Olympics, etc.

>Racing gamers play FORZA, GTR, Dirt, etc.
>Little Tommy play Mario Kart

The term Nintendo Hard is no longer applied to modern Nintendo games which are heavily casualized to make sure even autists and babbies can play them. Try to refute this fact. Protip: You can't.
>>
>>380839113
you can buy a switch for just $300!
please buy a switch!
just buy one switch!
if you buy a switch your life will become better!
it's just $300 it's not that expensive.
you know you can just buy a switch and ignore the haters.
a bunch of kittens gets killed everytime someone hates on the switch.
it's the best console ever!
PLEASE JUST BUY A SWITCH!

hint: it's the excessive shilling
>>
Nintendo Switch has no games
>>
>>380844791
We went over this yesterday-enjoy your diversity.
>>
>>380839146
How many fuckin times can one company make the same fuckups at launch though? Not enough units, not enough key games at launch, not enough advertising, releasing the console at odd months of the year. It seems like Nintendo is constantly surprised by the fact that they're releasing a new console and they do little to no internal preparation for these future launches.

Nintendo is constantly losing their dick every console generation like they haven't been doing this shit for almost forty years now. Microdick and Sony had these problems early on in their development of consoles too but they have at least streamlined most of the process past the sixth generation. Barring the lack of good games at launch problem but unlike Nintendo neither of them has a lot of internal IP's people want to see quick like they do with Nintendo. Nintendo needs to stop fucking up with this shit and people need to stop making excuses for them.
>>
>>380839113

Nintendo being adamant about the sideways joycon set up being viable in all games. This gimmick is the reason the left joycon has a shitty D-pad, why you can't manually switch items in MK8Deluxe, and why the button controls are so shit in ARMS. Blocking by clicking the stick is retarded when you have two shoulder buttons on ever other set up that do the same fucking thing.
>>
>>380839251
>Screen is easily scratched.
>guy on a video uses a knife over the screen
>nothing scratches
>>
>>380839113
I see that the Sony Damage control machine is on full throttle;. nice
>>
>>380845842
The single joycon having less buttons is not the reason why block is on the stick click. They could have easily switched SL (switch targeet) with stick click. The actual reason why block is stick click is because of how you block with motion controls; you tilt the joycon inward towards each other.
>>
>>380839113
No games
Underpowored
Overpriced
etc etc
>>
The best thing about Nintendo that they exclude the masterrace by default and through the high price also shut out the third world. It truly is the console of the thinking man.
>>
>>380845576
>hurr I have no idea how businesses are run
Sony debt finances the initial console run so they are able to produce a lot more. Nintendo doesn't like wasting money like that so they produce less, and it doesn't cost them anything. Nobody is going to skip out on a Switch just because they couldn't get one at launch, and very few people are going to skip Zelda, MK8D and spl2n because they missed their launch windows.
>>
File: 1496099735925.jpg (56KB, 600x505px) Image search: [Google]
1496099735925.jpg
56KB, 600x505px
>>380839347
Yeah, Nintendo are paying an absolute fortune to deliver units by air freight in a desperate bid to maintain the illusion of fake shortages.

It's fucking hilarious that salty little shit stains like you have fool yourselves into believing conspiracy nonsense rather than accept reality.
>>
>>380844791
This post is so autistic.
>>
>>380841613
>portportportportportportmultiplatportport

Yeah, great library.
>>
>>380846624
>Yeah, Nintendo are paying an absolute fortune to deliver units by air freight in a desperate bid to maintain the illusion of fake shortages.
lol, thats a marketing stunt you dumb kid.
>>
>>380839216
with no good games
>>
>>380844791
But anon. Nobody in their right mind plays SFV.
>>
I don't get why people criticize Nintendo for both not making enough consoles and also not having enough worthwhile games to buy the console.

Surely if they had made more games at launch then it would be even harder to find a console. They released it in fricken March with one game and still couldn't keep the damn thing on the shelves.
>>
>>380841613
if this library sounds good to you you might actually have brain damage. year old indie games and shovel ware like arms and snipper clips. get a grip nintenbros
>>
>>380839113
Not much. Seems to me like Nintendo are kicking ass all over the place. This the first Nintendo console I've been interested in for years.

Zelda looks incredible. The new Mario looks like a ton of fun. And the fact you can just pick the fucking thing up and take it with you is very progressive.

I would buy one right now if they weren't sold out everywhere. So you tell me OP, what went wrong?
>>
>a public company with trading stocks
>lying about inventory
>a public company lying about anything that can affect the price of Stocks
you have any idea how the real world works out of /v/???
>>
>>380840139
I tired to return it, but Nintendo told me that dead pixels are fine and to be expected.

Where do you think the whole "ITS A FEATURE" meme came from?
>>
>>380843740
maybe because you haven't protected your screen with anything in the first place retard.
>>
>>380846687
>thats a marketing stunt
Really because they're still doing without any promotion or making a fuss about it. How about you just accept reality you salty child: the console is a success. Fucking deal with it.
>>
>>380846826
totally not a shill, btw, trust me guys, I'm one of you fourchanners
>>
>>380840637
This seems to be a running theme with Nintendo for the past 10 years. People only love Nintendo because they have the experience of playing one. Future generations aren't going to give a shit. "Nintendo? What's that?"
>>
>>380846964
>Really because they're still doing without any promotion
Source?
>>
>>380846964
A success for who? eBay scalpers?
>>
>>380846826
this
>>
>>380847004
Fuck off Sonyshill.
>>
>>380847019
>Future generations aren't going to give a shit. "Nintendo? What's that?"
>Pokemon S nad M had 40% sales were people that never played a main line Pokemon game before
how sad must it be to be a /v/tard this desperate for attention
>>
Nothing went truly wrong, aside from some defective first batch units and most of the systems big games coming out at the tail end of the year. They're too popular and are selling out everywhere, this coming batch will hopefully be much bigger.
>>
>>380847109
*throws a handful of feces right into your face*
>>
>>380847110
Nice fake news my man
>>
>>380846874
It is fucking normal.

Some technologies have inherent faults. Ever bought an LED or LCD tv and noticed it's darker around the edges than in the centre. There's no getting away from it. Draw back of the technology. You can buy two identical TVs and the quality of image will differ.

Some tech will always suffer consequencesof the manufacturing process.

Naturally it's all Nintendo's because the kiddies on here desperately want it be.

If you're bothered about it just return it.
>>
>>380846586
There is a short window for hype for a product in this industry. I go to buy x console I'm really hyped about and it isn't their the first, second, third, fourth time I go my hype and excitement diminishes a little bit and that is assuming I'm the type of person who cares enough to try looking multiple times or going to multiple places. Imagine I'm a normie who only has a casual interest in the product and I try to buy once and the product everyone is talking about isnt there. Well there goes a sale and there goes my excitement. Not everyone is that fickle but with trends in technology like this they often do.

You might argue that the lack of something creates a greater desire but I think the only people that will work with are people who buy every product of X company anyway. Not for average customers who are only mildly interested in your product.

Sony isn't a company I particularly like but they have been hype management masters this whole gen. Especially considering the colossal failure they were walking away from with the PS3. they have managed to keep people engaged in a console that isn't all that powerful and doesn't have a lot of exclusive games to keep it enticing and most of it has been through that initial hype success they garnered by trouncing the competition early on. This is all at least one reason why Nintendo should care a least little bit more about stuff like this.
>>
>>380847004
Yeah I a video game fan on a fucking video game forum, expressing intrest in new video game hardware and video game software from the most revered and critically appraised video game company in history. Obviously I'm a shill.
Get fucked you paranoid pleb. You can always spot the children on this board because their mummys and daddys can only afford to buy them one console.
>>
>>380847464
totally not a shill, btw, trust me guys, I'm one of you fourchanners
>>
>>380846874
>I tired to return it, but Nintendo told me that dead pixels are fine and to be expected.

As someone who used to work for Nintendo CS, there's literally no reason they wouldn't take it for a repair. With LCD displays, you're going to have a chance of a few dead pixels. The system is still within factory specifications and is considered fine, but if it's a big deal to the consumer, Nintendo will repair it for you for free.

If you just want to return it, like get a refund, why the fuck would you go to Nintendo? Obviously they can't just take it from you since that would be retarded business. They sold it to the retailer, the retailer sold it to you. The retailer would love it if they got to take all the cash but never had to actually front the product.

You have to work with the retailer if you're just trying to return the product. Unless you're a fucking whiny piece of shit, then Nintendo will take it back begrudgingly and blacklist you.
>>
>>380840606
>I didn't see E3
>>
>>380847090
Not him but I work as logistics specialist dealing in commodity clearance at border control.

The idea of an electronic company using air freight for commercial products is fucking insane. It's ridiculously expensive. Air freight only gets used for commodities which have a validation date or are time critical (i.e. pharmaceuticals).

If Nintendo are doing it as a stunt it makes no sense. It would be much cheaper for them to simply ride the wave of hysteria from the out-of-stock scenario.

The more likely reason is that they want to maintain a month-to-month sales target for the benefit of their investors.
>>
>>380846586
>Nobody is going to skip out on a Switch just because they couldn't get one at launch
And yet here we are. Also the used gamejew market has Nintendo cornered for late buyers too.
>>
>>380847848
How does wasting money benefits investors exactly?
>>
>>380847019
People say this, but it's fairly rare for Nintendo console to actually have not enough stock. The Wii U was never that hard to get a hold of. The 3DS was easy to get. The DS was easy to get. So that leaves the Wii and the Switch as hard to get a hold of, with the Wii being incredibly popular, even compared to other consoles. I honestly think they under produced the switch because they weren't expecting as many people to buy it until holiday season rolled around.
>>
>>380839251
Nope
>>
>>380844791
the truth triggers nintenbros
>>
>>380842148
I would've bought a vita if it also had Nintendo support.
>>
>>380846665

How is being accurate, autistic?
>>
>>380846586
mario kart and splatoon are precisely the kind of multiplayer games people skip when they pick up a switch in a year or two
>>
>>380847992
Because they can turn around with a consistent sales figure trend - that encourages confidence in investors. They know a high userbase will result in higher software sales longterm, which is where Nintendo have always made their money, which negates any short termloss.

Learn to business.
>>
>>380848174
Well, it hurts my nintendofeelings for starters.
>>
>>380839113
third time in a row releasing hardware that is a complete joke and behind the industry by 10+ years.
only making low-budget effort and spinoffs at making games
no fucks given to wow people anymore
I haven't had a Nintendo console since after the Gamecube.
Splatoon is the only game in all this time that I would actually buy from Nintendo.
>>
>>380847848
The reason for the planes was Switch's launch month far exceeding Nintendo's target. They expected to ship 2 million in March, and they ended up having to ship 2.74 million. Now, the problem is manufacturing speed, not shipping.
>>
>>380840379
That's what she said about the Wii U
>>
>>380839425
Not sure if it's virtual console, but more of a library of nes & Snes games
>>
>>380848012
What?

The N64 launch was fucking crazy and people were fighting in stores for it and the Wii U literally sold out its initial batch in the first week on the market. What kind of revisionist history is this?

The Gamecube got fucking shitstomped by the PS2 and Xbox and the 3DS was way too expensive on release which is why they dropped the price like two months after. I mean, fuck, it was actually difficult to find 3DS systems this holiday system and that system is getting up there in age.
>>
File: nintendo-best-selling-games.jpg (230KB, 770x1049px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-best-selling-games.jpg
230KB, 770x1049px
>>380848243
Very insightful anon, thanks.
>>
>>380846826
>very progressive

hmm where could this poster be from
>>
>>380848462
The Wii U was hard to find for about a month, after which it was constantly available. There's no way you couldn't find some 3DS variant even if certain versions were sold out. I consider N64 too old to really be considered as part of modern Nintendo stocking trends.
>>
>>380848597
>Triggered by the English language

Get fucked child.
>>
>>380848462
>What kind of revisionist history is this?
I swear to god, Switch $hills are more aggressive in their $hilling than any other professionally paid shill here on /v/ has ever been.
And I've seen a lot of shilling in my time on this board.
Now there was also a shit ton of Wii U shilling in its first year here on /v/, but compared to the utterly mad and desperate Switch $hills the ratio was like 1:10.
>>
>>380848287

Oh, okay.
>>
>>380848624
Aside from the fact that you're brushing off the fact that those things were hard to get when they came out and we're setting arbitrary time limits on when it's then okay for it to be available, what about amiibo? NES Classic?

Anything with Nintendo branding gets snapped up on release. If it gets really favorable reviews, it'll keep selling like hotcakes. If it doesn't, Wii U being the biggest example, sales move to a trickle. The Wii and 3DS literally printed money.
>>
>>380847303
>There is a short window for hype for a product in this industry.
>historical facts prove some Nintendo games are ever green and keep selling for its a whole Generation
>>
>>380839113
>One exclusive.
>*Also on WiiU.
>*Also in PC.
Also the system itself is fucked up, you have to buy an extra controller, and no 3rd party.
>>
>>380849001
The system comes with a controller sonygro
>>
>>380849101
Not a good one.
t. Switch owner.
>>
>>380849101
You mean two.
>>
>>380849101
I ain't playin' with no dildo
>>
>>380849150
>t. Switch owner.
>Lying on the internet Arthur.png
>>
>>380849278
>damage control.txt
>>
File: 1490526149733.png (316KB, 1200x827px) Image search: [Google]
1490526149733.png
316KB, 1200x827px
>>380844791
I IMPLORE you to delete this post! im not a child im a big boy! M-m-miyamoto helpppppp!!!
>>
>>380844791
When have nintendo games ever not been casual? They have always since the NES days targeted the casual audience ffs.
>>
>>380844791
>this post
>pic is a nigger that is not fun and is wrong all the time
how fitting
>>
>>380844285
Underclocks to 133
>>
>>380849150
It's a good controller what do you want?
>>
>>380848012
DS was hard to get a hold of in the first few years..
>>
>>380849990
It's one of the worst controllers I've used since the Duke and the pre-analog PS1 pads.
>>
>>380839113
are exact numbers of units sold available anywhere? it says that it sold 5.46 million in its first month, but i can't find any new numbers.
>>
>>380839216
Depends how you look at it.
For me it's the most powerful handheld which also connects to my TV.
That's a feature every mobile gamer desires once in a while, so they made the SuperGameboy for the SNES and the TransferPak for the N64.

The ability to just take your game with your from the TV to wherever is the future of consoles. I can't live without this luxury anymore. If you can only play stationary, might as well play on PC instead of Xbox/PlayStation
>>
File: 1488838824663.jpg (163KB, 562x626px) Image search: [Google]
1488838824663.jpg
163KB, 562x626px
>>380839113

Nothing for me, there's a decent amount of games I want for it just in its 1st year. Currently patiently waiting for the 1st Zelda DLC pack so I can play through the hard mode and trial challenge. Then Splatoon 2 comes out next month which will keep me busy for a while.

Depending on the quality of the NBA2K18 port, it may be the best portable sports game to date, so I might get that. Then Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors, Rocket League, and Xenoblade are all out later this year. Plus a bunch of indie shit if you're into that. It's a great complimentary device to a PC and PS4 (which are only like $250 now or less, so might as well get both if you're not poor).

I think it's a great portable device that will only get better over its lifespan. Now it just needs GCN VC and videos apps.

>>380839216

More like it's a decently powerful handheld that I can hook up to my TV.
>>
>>380850476
>it says that it sold 5.46 million in its first month

Lel, what? Only 2 million were available in its first month.
>>
>>380839113
i think its fair to say that the sales numbers are so high due to scalpers
>>
>>380839216
That's the PS4.
>>
>>380850663
oh yeah, it's says physical sales for games, sry. but still, what are the exact numbers? are they hiding the official numbers because they're not good or what?
>>
>>380839113
No Bundle
>>
>>380848487
>Mariokart 7 #4
>All those wii games
Damn that's kinda impressive, no wonder they don't drop their prices ever
>>
>>380850703
Citation needed
>>
>>380850476
There is no current official worldwide number. Nintendo releases a financial port available to the public after every quarter, so we'll see an up-to-date number after this month. All we have from Nintendo so far is that it sold 2.74 million in March.

We do have monthly sales data for the US from NPD. That says 906,000 in March and 280,000 in April. May report is coming soon. There are also weekly Japanese sales reports from Media Create, which put Japanese sales at around 930,000 currently.
>>
>>380850476
About 4 million total.
>>
File: cato.png (254KB, 1304x831px) Image search: [Google]
cato.png
254KB, 1304x831px
>>380844791
Hold the fucking phone. Almost all of the adverts for switch games I've seen have been targeted at early 20s and late teens, It's clear they've changed their approach with marketing. Also if you played any Xbox or Playstation games with a mic on in the past 10 years you'd know that most kids nowadays play COD and Battlefield rather than nintendo games. Look at the differences between the original ads for splatoon and the ads for the sequel, they've gone from being clearly aimed at kids to showing the game being played as an esport and by college age kids.

Source: I own a switch and a PS4, spent most of last gen on a 360.
>>
more themes WHEN
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.