[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just beat this after playing through the Marathon series. Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: halo.jpg (10KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
halo.jpg
10KB, 197x255px
Just beat this after playing through the Marathon series. Why is it so much worse?

>Plot holes everywhere
>Nonexistent lore that leaves basic things unexplained
>Cliched characters you couldn't possibly care about, except maybe the Monitor
>2 weapon limit
>Most levels have the exact same areas copypasted 3 or more times, the library being the worst offender
>Then you have to go through them again, just backwards
>The shooting only gets fun near the end when there's finally enough enemy variety
>Vehicles that can't stop sliding and either are made of paper or give you no protection at all

I can actually forgive the gameplay since grenades are fun, but how did Bungie manage to make such a garbage plot and lore after Marathon? It's never even explained who we are, who the Covenant are, or why we're even in the system, there's actually no lore exposition at all, and the plot is cliched and makes no sense, either.
>>
Bungie is the most overrated studio of all-time.
>>
File: Vienn.jpg (31KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
Vienn.jpg
31KB, 716x960px
>>
65% of the game was filler / reused assets
>>
They had to fit the story around the content, and they only had enough content for half a game. It was a launch title, so they didn't have the option of delaying the game.
>>
Story is barebones and generic but the soundtrack and enviroments make up for it
>>
>Not final boss
>>
>>380838364
Halo CE is shit

Halo 2 is the greatest singleplayer FPS of all time
>>
>>380838364

It invented the FPS genre, and that's worth something.
>>
File: The Ring.jpg (117KB, 1024x768px)
The Ring.jpg
117KB, 1024x768px
>>380839619
>2babies
Halo 2 is by far the ugliest game I've ever played. Art style looks more fit for killing terrorists in bombed up afghanistan instead of what Halo really is which is exploring alien worlds and ships.
>>
>>380839716
>Halo CE
>invented
>The FPS genre
I hope you are baiting.
>>
>>380839939

That's the oldest meme on this board, cuck.
>>
>>380839998
I'd rather be a dumb cuck, than live to see the day someone said that unironically.
>>
>>380839762
But halo 3 though...
>>
File: reach art.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
reach art.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>380840403
Reach's art style would've been perfect with the color palette from 3.
>>
How would I get an OG Xbox to work with a VGA monitor? I don't wanna buy a TV.
>>
File: armstrong.png (563KB, 867x766px)
armstrong.png
563KB, 867x766px
>>380840778
Xbone will be having OG Xbox backwards compatibility, friend.
>>
>>380840403
3 at least had some decent textures and lighting.
>>
>>380840862
I don't wanna spend that much money. I was planning on buying a PS2 and Xbox for classic vidya. I'm NEET and buying a TV and an Xbox One would cost almost an entire month's NEETbux.
>>
split screen co op with my brother was so much damn fun. no idea why you guys would shit on this game.
>>
>>380841043
There is no VGA adapter for the original Xbox. The first 2 Halo games are on PC, though. CE on PC is worse, though.
>>
>>380841142
That's a shame. I remember playing the original on PC. Crashed my PC a lot. I might just bite the bullet and buy a TV and an Xbox/PS2, then. I'll look into getting a current-gen console next month.
>>
File: hank.png (107KB, 352x240px)
hank.png
107KB, 352x240px
>>380841142
>CE on PC is worse, though.

I hope you mean "Halo 2 Vista" anon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZNT-vqtVpI
>>
>>380841219
It has no splitscreen, and a bunch of missing shaders. SPv3 is impressive in what can be pulled off with modding, but isn't actually that fun to play. The weapons feel jank, and all of the addons feel unnecessary. It's like they tried to add in as much as they could because they could.
>>
>>380841142
Custom servers
mods
Custom edition
Dedicated servers

worse than Xbox. Yea na get fucked retard
>>
File: d4905890_x2vga[1].jpg (50KB, 600x343px) Image search: [Google]
d4905890_x2vga[1].jpg
50KB, 600x343px
>>380841142
Worked well, wish I could find mine. Probably somewhere with my GameCube component cables.
>>
File: Vinavatar.png (154KB, 300x300px)
Vinavatar.png
154KB, 300x300px
>>380841320
You can pass the game around on a sodding flash drive and play custom maps on potatoes for computers.

My dusty 2008 laptop plays with without issue.

It's also free.
>>
>>380841125
Everything is better in co-op, Blood and bacon is an unpolished mess, but with a friend, it's sorta fun.
>>
>>380841475
The Xbox version had mods too, though. And people to play it with.
>>
Okay, another question after my VGA one:

I don't know anything about pirating console games. Is it possible to easily buy a normal Xbox and make it so it can play pirated games? Can I fit a big HDD in it? Can I put lots of games on said HDD?
>>
>>380841921
It takes a bit of effort, but it's not undoable.
>>
>>380838364

>the story comes within a time
>2 weapons is okay when you think of the gameplay
>only real complain in first halo is big but empty levels
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.