[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wanna get a GTA game. What does /v/ think I should get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

File: GTA-V-big.jpg (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GTA-V-big.jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
Wanna get a GTA game. What does /v/ think I should get?
>>
San Andreas
>>
pirate them rockstar and take2 are anti modding now and deserve no money
>>
Want to play the series? Go in release order starting with III.
Want to jump straight to the best? GTA IV
Like arcade shit? Vice City/San Andreas/GTA V
>>
Pirate them.

Get 3, Vice City, and San Andreas.

Skip the rest.
>>
You can pirate all of them without issue, the only thing you'll be missing out on is GTAO in V which is alright if you can get some jobs going or do the heists.

It really depends on what you want to do in the game.
>>
San Andreas is the biggest one with 3 cities and 150 missions or something. You feel the best sense of progression going from a poor skinny street thug to a rich jacked up gangster.
>>
SA and V are both fun
III and Vice Vity are a bit dated but also fun
IV is shit
>>
>>380836018
More like to a dude who works for the fucking FBI
>>
File: MAFIA.jpg (569KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
MAFIA.jpg
569KB, 666x666px
>>380835692
Grand Theft Auto without the tedious faggotry. Literally Kill Shit: The Video Game.

No bullshit crane missions. None of that shit. Just kill faggots over and over again with one of the best combat systems ever designed.
>>
>>380836227
more like a nigger who steals a fucking jetpack
i like the game but come on the moment i saw black project even at the age of 10 i thought it was the dumbest shit i've ever seen
>>
>>380835692
III, VC, SA, and IV w/Episodes from Liberty City are all good choices. V is absolute trash.
>>
>>380836227
You work for the FBI in almost every GTA
>>
File: 8 years old.jpg (7KB, 178x194px) Image search: [Google]
8 years old.jpg
7KB, 178x194px
>>380836309
Hired by the FBI underground
Fucking fags can never truly enjoy SA
>>
>>380836282
>killing and racing
That's literally the whole game. And the racing had to be patched in because people complained about the lack of content.
>>
>>380836325
>III good
Hardcore nostalgia googles, my dude.
>>
>>380835692
>What does /v/ think I should get?
a shotgun and kill yourself
>>
Get Chinatown Wars if you actually want to have some fun
>>
>>380836429
It's just as good as Vice City.
>>
>>380836352
True-ish
Really now that i think about it yes
But I think the dude in SA was a Kino ass motherfucker, way better than the fags in V and
i liked killing the FIB dude from GTA IV in V because he wasnt as cool i guess
>>
>>380836385
you're right, i can't enjoy it
>>
>>380836576
Sucks faglord
>>
>>380836446
does your mother knows you are awake?, edgy man?
>>
>>380836560
>Kino
Go back, underage.
>>>/tv/
>>
>>380836401
I like it more than any GTA.
>>
>>380836715
I only found out was kino was through /v/ my man
I bet ur nigger ass wasn't even around for the first round of /r9k/ let alone mutha fukin [s4s]'s birth fuck right off bitch.
>>
File: 1479119553134.jpg (92KB, 1330x739px) Image search: [Google]
1479119553134.jpg
92KB, 1330x739px
>>380836643
you're talking to a person that collected special vehicles for absolutely no reason 3 times because people keep finding new vehicles
how am i supposed to enjoy it casually now?
>>
>>380835779
A very incorrect understanding of recent events, my boy.
>>
>>380836834
You sound mad.
>>
File: 1496130198324.jpg (7KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
1496130198324.jpg
7KB, 248x203px
>>380836834
>>
>>380836809
Are you black? Rhetorical question.
>>
>>380835692
Saints Row 2 or 3.
>>
>>380836809
>unamiously voted just a bad glitchy game that can barely do 1080p 60fps on a 1080 and is ugly as fuck
I pirated it and I stopped because it was the same shit over and over and the combat was SHIT
>>380836906
I haven't been more bored in my life
>>380836918
*kisses u*
Also pic related is a good modern nigger sim, very fun and less repetitive
>>
>>380837060
>or 3
Kill yourself.
>>
>>380837156
Watch Dogs 2 is utter shit.
>>
I unironically enjoy IV the most with its expansions.
>>
>>380837287
Better than Failure and the ruining of a good game: 3
I didnt even beat WD2 its just more fun
>>
>>380837213
>le 2 is the only good one meme

2 has really bad driving and a shitty PC port. 3 refined the gameplay regardless of how you feel about the writing
>>
>>380835692
Vice city, San Andreas and 4
>>
>>380837582
>those missions
^.^
>>
III and VC show their age in a lot of places (literally arcade-style play in III, funky 2.5D controls in both) but are still worth playing if you can see past that, they have the best story and setting/feel of the series. I think there may be mods to modernize the controls? SA is basically still a 'perfect' game, which is why they've never come close to touching it since. It is a must play.

IV has a lot of fun mixed with a lot of shit (pretty much impossible to just rampage around, for a bunch of reasons). V has less obnoxiously shitty parts/elements than IV but is pretty boring and forgettable in the end (ZERO story or setting/feel, just an excuse plot in a boring modern day map that's huge and full of fuck all, the same problems with just rampaging around as IV but less obnoxiously).

Definitely play III, VC, and SA in that order if you are going to go for all three. They're full of little interconnecting elements that are much more meaningful that way.
>>
>>380838967
Can i play a silicone inflated monster like in VC?
>>
>>380838967
>SA is basically still a 'perfect' game, which is why they've never come close to touching it since. It is a must play.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug

You were what, eleven? Twelve?

Good memories, eh?
>>
>>380837582
3 has shit driving, too. Ever try driving a motorcycle in it? It's like you're on ice.

Same thing in IV.
>>
Current gen V is the best one and it's not even close. People that think otherwise are retarded. It's gotten better every game
>>
>>380839319
I was probably in my late teens? And I've played it since then. I stand by my assessment.
>>
>>380839319
He's right though, or is your own nostalgia blinding you because you played VC first and it's your favourite?
>>
IV may have "better physics" (really not that clear-cut though because IV's physics are equally good AND retarded-looking). But V has a much, much better map from a pure "level-design" perspective.
>>
>>380839430
Cycles got alot better in The Lost and The Damned. Felt like they had densities of Sherman tanks.

>>380839483
Nah 4 had plenty of issues, although was too late to take care of by the time they got the xpacs/DLCs out. Haven't touched 5 yet cause they're still jewing the price even on sales.
>>
File: gta-2[1].jpg (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
gta-2[1].jpg
21KB, 400x300px
GTA2 you can download for fucking free. Maybe you won't like it but never ever playing it is a fucking shame.

3 and VC aged very badly from the mechanical stand point, the gunplay, the driving, it's just annoying. I absolutly love the mood and music, espiecially in VC, but I tried to replay it like an year ago and bumped away.

4 is good, but it sometimes tries to be too serious, combined with GTA gameplay it just feels a bit off from time to time.

5 you should play if nothing else just too see how much vidya have progressed. It's truly technically amazing with all the little details and shit. SP is good, Online is fun and still very much alive with latest major update release this week.
>>
>>380835692
GTA:VC and before have aged quite badly.

GTA:SA is still good enough to play.

GTA:IV is fucking boring.

GTA: V is fun and you'll probably get the most hours out of it. However, it's the most expensive.
>>
>>380839747
and I wrote so much and skipped SA which is an absolute must to play even nowdays. Fuck me.
The early game is a bit too gangsta-nigga for my taste, but it gets better. The mechanics are aged but way less than in previous two so it's tolerable. At least you can fucking walk and shoot at the same time
>>
Yo, is there a version of 4 that works on windows 10?
>>
>No one remembers that
Respect: is everything

This thread is fucking done, GTA ll is the best
>>
>>380840041
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv6mWA7OQiM
right in the nostalgia
>>
>>380840448
>nostalgia
reddit, le 90's kid
>>
>>380837156
is watchdogs 2 like titanfall 2 in that it improves upon the flaws f the first in almost every way? titanfall 1 was alright, but 2 was a godsend. ive never played either watch dogs.
>>
>>380840751
so now I'm not allowed to have nostalgia for something from 18 fucking years ago? Go fuck yourself
>>
>pearce hanley's posture
what a goofy looking prick
>>
>>380840973
correct
nostalgia is a mental illness
>>
>>380840881
Yes honeslty, WD1 is a 3/10 WD2 is a 7/10
Pirate it and play
Make sure to laugh at this stupid meme game too, its really not that bad.
TF2 is so fucking good though.
>>
>>380840998
Back to >>>/sp/ faggot
>>
>>380841145
>>>/sp/76590705
>>
>>380839682
I'm talking about Saints Row. Try to keep up.
>>
>>380836282
if only it wasnt called fuckin MAFIA
fuck 2K
>>
>>380841187
For what purpose sports man are you drunk, go play some fifa nigga.
>>
>>380841070
thanks. i think i have watchdogs 2 on xbox from the game sharing thing i did with my friends. i'll check it out.
since we seem to be living in a time where sequels are better than the original, what are your predictions ofr ea star wars battlefront 2? im afraid it will be better tahn 1 but i wont buy it cause of my nerdy protest. seeing ep 5 han solo and rey on naboo fighting darth maul has me convinced its still gonna be shit, but with more flare.
also, no droidekas and troops all have personal gun shields.
>>
>>380841605
>sequels are better
WD2 is absolute trash compared to the first. Only hipsters and dindus disagree.
>>
>>380839990
4 has no issues on W10 if you're using steam, other than that bullshit with live
>>
>>380841968
I think battefront 2 will be better, but maybe it wont be that fun for that long though just like the first, does look better though they will have real battles at least and a fucking storymode, seriously why no storymode in a fucking starwars game
>>
>>380835692
4 has the best atmosphere and story (atleast in the beginning)
>>
>>380835779
>rockstar
>anti modding

pick one
>>
>>380835692
best singleplayer: GTA San Andreas
best while playing drunk with a friend and singleplayer pretty much on par with SA: GTA Vice City
best multiplayer: GTA 2
shit that gets completely obsolete the moment you touch Vice City: GTA 3
quintessential 7th gen horseshit that wants to be realistic and forgets how to be fun: GTA 4
>>
File: gta dindu.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
gta dindu.webm
2MB, 854x480px
I recently finished GTA V and I thought it was great. I like all of the GTA games, but San Andreas, IV, and V are the best ones.

I liked GTA IV very much. Sure the story was kinda dark and sad, but the gameplay was great. I loved the realistic physics and how you could pick pretty much any hand sized object and throw it. I also liked the realistically sluggish car controls.
GTA V was more arcade in every pretty much every aspect, but goddamn were the main guys fragile. I don't mind that you could die really easily, but it was kinda frustrating after years of playing San Andreas and IV.

GTA V is full of moments like this:
>climb up hill
>accidentally trip on something
>fall down and roll down the hill like a puppet
>hit your head on rock, die instantly
or
>hijack a car
>engine won't start because it's a shitty car
>owner of the car gets up, opens the door, drags you out of his car
>kicks you in the mouth before you can get up
>die instantly
>>
>>380835692
III Trilogy and IV and it's expansions

V isn't great and the price is still high last time I checked, you won't get much out of it past the story unless you're an autistic secret hunter
>>
>>380843926
agreed with he health complaint in 5. it feels really inconsistent. ive been run over by trucks on the highway and only lost like a quarter health, but feel like paper when getting shot at. also witht he rolling down hills, it feels like my character would have survived, but the game did some rng and decided to kill me. gta 5 feels like a lightweight 4. the guns all feel samey and have no distinct punch. at least in 4 a shotgun felt very different to a hand gun or smg. im not sure what i want from driving in gta, but all i know is that 5 is where i actively hated driving. it felt like a chore and just plain boring. im not sure if it a physics issue or a world issue. probably both.

will we ever see a gta without artificial speed?
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.