[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did video games came to an end? Are we in a time where no new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (129KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 384x384px
Did video games came to an end?
Are we in a time where no new original big games are being released?

Most of the AAA games nowadays are rehash of old games.

Congratulations for those companies who created original games and concepts.

Resident Evil 4, GTA 3, Mario 64 are examples of innovation on the industry

Tl;dr Every mario, asscreed, GTA, fallout, elders scrolls and other big franchises feel the same
>>
Try playing Japanese games. Or play an entirely new genre of games that aren't casual single player experiences/first person shooters. Might I recommend a fighting game like Tekken 7, Street Fighter V or Guilty Gear Xrd?
>>
>>380835672
Actually, weeb game industry has a good amount of innovation
Those fighting games you mentioned are always the same though
>>
Look, I understand that you are young, utterly clueless and unable to reflect anything that is not an immediate emotional tension going on in your right now, but... But why the fuck do you even post shit like this? Do you seriously not realize how fucking clueless you are?
Do you not just stop and ask yourself: "Hmmm, do I actually know anything about the industry to make a claim like this? Am I really aware of how things were five, ten, fifteen years ago?"

This is fucking embarrasing. Just because everybody else whines about videogames vaguelly does not mean that YOU also have to. How much of a fucking sheep you people are?
>>
>>380835797
Yes, they're "always the same" because they were fucking made perfectly back then and have been improved upon, polished and refined for years and years. Unless you mean that each match of them is "always the same", in which case, you clearly are not experienced enough with the genre.
>>
Some good games will come out occasionally from independent developers so no, people still know how to make good games. Its just the mega corporations that were being assholes.
>>
>Most of the AAA games nowadays are rehash of old games.
Then don't play AAA games, you idiot. Might I recommend Undertale? Or if you somehow have a WiiU, Wonderful 101. Both games restored my faith in videogames.
>>
>>380835918
Yes, they're polished, refined and perfected, but i feel like the company appeals too much for the same fanbase, instead of betting on new concepts and ideas

For example, try playing Game Dev Tycoon and releasing only sequels.
This example doesn't apply to real life though, its just a way to express what im thinking
>>
>>380836416
Could you please actually tell me the era when this was NOT the case?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.