[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened? It used to be all the rage last gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 3d.jpg (25KB, 615x449px) Image search: [Google]
3d.jpg
25KB, 615x449px
What happened?
It used to be all the rage last gen
>>
>no one even cares about 3D enough to post in my thread

Well never mind then.
>>
>>380834408
>what's VR
>>
File: Internet-bubble.gif (56KB, 634x461px) Image search: [Google]
Internet-bubble.gif
56KB, 634x461px
>>380834408
Was it? Sales of 3D TVs say otherwise.

That's the thing with bubbles: sooner or later the accountants show up to look at the hard numbers.
>>
>>380835536
you changed IPs to bump the thread?
that's pathetic
>>
It was never the rage
>>
I liked 3D. The problem was that it was done poorly.

Watching Pacific Rim and Hugo was great in a large theatre screen. But at home you have to force your guests to use the glasses.

Even then most sets either only came with two glasses or none at all.

Also graphics cards like Nvidia allowed for 3D use, but also either required a dedicated 3D monitor and glasses or to use cheap anaglyph effects (the red and blue glasses).

I think Sony also had some 3D TVs that worked with the PS3.

Nintendo seemed to be the only ones who did it right with glasses free 3D, but that really only works with one person at a time.

VR is the new 3D. I don't know how many times I have to tell some retard that the goggles are just producing stereoscope.
>>
>>380834408
>sell your 3D TV
>without any glasses
>glasses are like $70 so no one buys them
>they wonder why it failed
>>
>>380834408
The VR meme is basically an extension of it.
>>
Fresher memes came out for idiots to waste their money on
>4k
>vr

and consoles are even falling for it lol.
>>
>>380836917
>I think Sony also had some 3D TVs that worked with the PS3.
Sony had a TV where you could use the 3D to do side-by-side multiplayer without splitting the scren, i.e, each player got to see the entire screen, but they were seeing two completely different images.

It never took off though. Only a couple games supported it and it only worked with one specific TV that I'm aware of.
>>
>>380838685
are you one of those idiots that proclaimed 1920x1080 to be a placebo back in 2005?
>>
>>380838767
Oh ye, i forgot about that.
>>
>>380834408
The only good concept that it had was the ability to do couch coop by giving each player a screen that they can only see
>>
>>380838685
The average consumer walks into a Best Buy, gets convinced by the workers there that they definitely need to upgrade to 3D/4K/VR/whatever, waste ten grand on shit they'll use all of once, then come back to do it again in a few years.

As someone who used to work there, it was pretty infuriating having to perpetuate that kind of corporate culture.
>>
>>380838845
Lots of TV is still in SD, nobody complains.
>>
>>380838845
No but I was way too young to afford anything, I saw the light after getting hands-on with 1080p, but 4k is definitely a meme at this point.

I'll stand by that the difference between 720p and 1080p isn't that big a deal.
>>
>>380835748
This.

You could sell 10,000 TVs at $2,000
But you could sell 10,000,000 TVs at $200
Price will always be the big factor and with so many people becoming dirt poor it's going to matter even more as we go forward.

3D TVs were just too expensive for normal people to ever afford.
>>
>>380839021
Get your eyes checked.
You shouldn't be driving either if you are
>>
>>380838925
For sure lad. It's disappointing to see how easily the average consumer is meme'd into useless tech.

I reckon 3D could have actually been good if they'd not gone for those ridiculous shutter glasses. If we'd just had the polarizing 3d from the beginning, it could have been a thing.

4k will be a common thing eventually I'm sure, since it's literally just a bump up in tech, but it'll be a meme for at least 3 years still.
Until it's affordable and hardware actually supports it, it's a meme
>>
>>380839402
20/20 here you dumb cunt.
>>
>>380839630
you can get a cheap 4k tv for a few hundred.
>>380839689
different anon here, you're fucking blind.
>>
Nintendo got it right with N3DS, but it was too late

TV's needed glasses 3D with headtracking
>>
>>380834408

>fast forward 10 years

What happened to VR? It used to be all the rage last gen
>>
>>380839167
Towards the end of their lifespan 3D TVs started dropping into the $500 range - a few TVs still have 3d features, since people bought 3d media after all.

Actually the 3d media had a ridiculous markup as well, and nobody really liked wearing the glasses, especially as you can't wear normal glasses with them, and a dozen other small problems that just made 3d tedious like having to sit in a sweet spot for the best effect, which makes it bad for typical living room viewing.
>>
>>380839630
its 4k tiem tho desu senpai

shit you can pick up a good mid range 4k tv from samsung or sony in the 55-60 inch range for less than a thousand.

hell i paid double that for 1080p in 06
>>
>>380840225
Not in New Zealand.
>>
>>380840276
you guys dont count with your shit tier economy tho.

your games are expensive af too
>>
>>380839689
You're retarded then.
>>
>>380840042
Every console maker was fucking with 3D last gen. MS, Sony even nintendo for fucks sake
VR seems a fad though. besides sony the other contenders are practically literally whos in the gaming industry
>>
>>380841328
>Valve is a literally who
>HTC is a literally who
>Razer is a literally who

Also everyone and their dog knew about occulus, too bad about the facebook marger.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.