[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is nostalgia blinding me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: review.png (415KB, 894x670px) Image search: [Google]
review.png
415KB, 894x670px
I understand most of us just choose to ignore IGN reviews, they're either incredibly biased or just plain wrong. Yet, as I was watching this particular review of Castlevania Mirror of Fate, I noticed that I actually agreed on most of the things that the guy was saying, yet, the video has a pretty big dislike ratio and most people consider that the reviewer is just a nostalgia fucker. Am I actually being blinded by nostalgia?. I consider Mirror Of Fate to be fucking shit, and most definitely below average, so I actually thought it did deserve a score of 4.7. Any opinions on the review/comments?

(Also, I don't trust MercurySteam at all to not fuck up something in the new Metroid game for 3DS, but I guess that's for another day)
>>
>IGN
>>
Castlevaniafags were thirsty as fuck and would take anything that resembled classic sidescrolling Castlevania at that point.

Same reason people defended Lords of Shadow. They desperately wanted a new game and didn't care if it was a mediocre hack and slash with brain dead combat.
>>
>>380833094
That's the thing, I saw some other reviewers, but most of them thought the game was okay, I thought it was shit.

>>380833239
I agree. Then again, I actually thought Lords of Shadow was fine, didn't care much about it myself though, only played it like twice and got bored.
>>
File: 1470212222140.png (20KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1470212222140.png
20KB, 560x407px
>>380832946
Its one of those cases that would have been better for literally everyone if they changed its name. Most of the hate LoS gets comes from Castlevania fans. I mean sure, they are in their right to be mad about the misuse of the franchise name, but the game itself is a 7/10, which is actually an ok score.
>>
>>380834025
To add stuff, if they changed the name to, I dont know, Blood: Lords of Shadow, and sell the game like an "action game that features castlevania elements" then I assure you most Castlevania fags would be riding its dick. Same shit that happened to DmC really, a 3/10 game that would have been a 6/10 if only it had a different name. It would even be accepted in CUHRAYZEE threads.
>>
>>380834025
>platformer where you're warped ahead for falling
>7/10
>>
>>380834025
>>380834461
I'm not talking about Lords of Shadow, but about Mirror of Fate, the 3DS one. I also thought LoS was fine, it's the 3DS one that I thought it was shit.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.