[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CDs vs Digital Downloads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_8467.jpg (37KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8467.jpg
37KB, 300x450px
>tfw live in autsralia
>takes 48 hrs to download the average current gen game
>>
Your speeds don't represent the majority
At 3mb/s (which is regular broadband, not NBN), it would only take 5 hours to download a 50gb game
If your internet is THAT dogshit then you need to move out of the bush, faggot
>>
>>380832751
5 hours is still ridiculously long.
>>
>>380832870
It's a hell of a lot shorter than 48
queue up downloads at night and leave them going while you sleep
>>
>>380832487
>yfw living in Brazil is cheaper and better than living in Australia or Germanistan
>>
>>380832751
>3mb/sec
very few people in austaria has 3mb/sec. They have 6~8Mbps
300kbit/sec = more than 14 hours
>>
File: its nothing.png (2MB, 1280x1023px) Image search: [Google]
its nothing.png
2MB, 1280x1023px
>>380832487
>buy game on disk
>get home and get ready to install
>game launches Steam and starts 24hr download
fuck
>>
I collect games so I'll buy them on disc until I'm not able to anymore. My internet sucks too though. Whenever I have to patch a game I just let it go over night
>>
File: skippysonny_1334.jpg (55KB, 320x321px) Image search: [Google]
skippysonny_1334.jpg
55KB, 320x321px
>>380832487
WTF Australia spent the last 20 years getting rich with selling resources to China. Were did all that money go if not telecommunications infrastructure?!
>>
>>380832487
>average current gen game
Don't do this
>>
>48

more like 96 m8
>>
>live in rural smalltown USA
>cheapest poorfag internet around
>180kbs download speeds
A 5gp game patch will literally take all night
>>
>>380832487
>not having NBN
Fucking hell anon, move already

>tfw can get up to a sweet 11MB/s
Yes, that is bytes, not bits. and yeah still sucks compared to some countries but hey i can download whatever i want and not wait half a day.
>>
>>380837927
I thought that shit was a scheme to stop pirates
>>
>>380832487
I live in a small place, so I buy games digitally, only the favorite one in physical

Collecting game is a meme
>>
>>380836848

vegemite
>>
>>380838132
>Collecting game is a meme
What's that even supposed to mean?
>>
>>380832751
I can't tell what you're saying because you don't know the difference between b and a B. Definitely not worthy of talking about either.
>>
>>380832487
>Buying digital games
>Losing all rights to resale
>Losing all rights to distribution
>Not having a physical backup automatically
>Not having an awesome physical collection to show off
>Not getting value for the resale on console sale of the games

It's like you guys hate having rights and money.
>>
>>380838097
What scheme? Fast internet? if anything it helps pirates. Telstra was also pretty cool with the whole pirate bay blocking a couple of months ago by only doing a dns block and if you changed to googles dns or another you could still access it at the time.

The problem lies with government thinking we don't need good fast internet. you have the communications minister who is all like you won't use it if it is available so why offer it type of attitude along with Turnbull saying similar. Sadly because of the debacle that NBN has been government won't try and fix or make it better in the near future which is bad for us and them because we gonna need fast net withing a couple of decades or Australia will just not be relevant in the global scheme of things

I also highly recomend going with TPG if they are in your area as i had great service (aka faster speeds) with them and were cheaper then telstra and optus and iinet
>>
File: 13903771499650.jpg (24KB, 319x443px) Image search: [Google]
13903771499650.jpg
24KB, 319x443px
>Be with Optus on a cable plan for ages
>100/2Mbps D/U speeds
>Foxtel, phones around the house, etc

>Get NBN
>50/20Mbps D/U speeds, no longer able to run 100
>Fiber to the node, some shitty tiny box has to be connected between the wall and modem which also experiences dropouts
>Optus Fetch, LESS channels
>Only one phone in the house works now, need to pay for electrician to sort out the rest

NBN's fucked m8s, don't even bother
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.