[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MMO thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: runescape.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
runescape.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
What current MMO is objectively the best use of your time?
pic not related.
>>
>>380823369
Ever or right now? Ever I probably liked ffxi on NA release the most, but pre expansion EQ was also great.

Now? I dunno. Interested to see if Ashes of Creation is any good.
>>
Pretty much none. All MMOs, even western ones, now contain nip-tier drop rates followed by thousands of cucks spending hours trying to fulfill themselves with that RNG.
>>
>>380823638
was asking about the current ones.
people were recommending gild wars 2 and eso, but honestly guild wars 2 seems to be pay 2 win, and eso looks like a failed wow wannabe. interested to hear your opinion on them.
>>
>>380823369
Just started playing ESO and I really like the pvp in Cyrodil.
>>
>>380824037
what about the other aspects?
people were complaining about mundane quests, and shallow skill trees. quicktime events in battles sound fun, but i would prefer a detailed skill tree. would you recommend?
>>
>>380824023
Gw2 was okay, Im on the fence of joining back. Tried Archeage and that turned out to be a disaster. Currently on TERA online and its littered with cosmetic roleplaying closet pedophiles playing lolis.
Wanna join ffx, dont wanna spend $15/mo.(did that with WoW) Hoping Ashes of Creation does well because I play Planetside 2 myself and the game is great despite being out so long.
>>
>>380824023
You are wrong on both anon.
>>
>>380824023
Guild Wars 2 is the only one worth it. Nothing is P2W, it never was and never will, I don't know who trolled you this hard.
>>
Black Desert is pretty much the best right now.
Though I've been playing Maplestory 2 with my GF and that's fun too. But you need to have a gook Nexon account and shit.
>>
>>380824730
which one would you recommend then? guild wars or eso?
>>
>>380823369
FFXIV is pretty interesting, has a lot to do and decent story. Skews more towards the RPG than the MMO
>>
>>380824616
is ashes of creation gonna be subscription based, or is it just going to be pay 2 play?
>>
Crowfall will save the genre.
>>
>>380825119
it sounds really nice but the subscription puts me off. but i guess MMOs need that in this day and age to survive.
>>
>>380824173
I can't comment on end game but there is a lot of different build path for each class and you can practically make whatever you want. There is also a lot of skill to get from other skill trees that are quest bound. For example, you get new skill trees from joining mage fighter or thieves guild. Most of the quests are well written and doesn't require to kill or bring X things to Y place.

My only complains are that it's weird questing with people running and jumping around and that every mob and player are battle leveled with you. I prefer classic system where you have to be a certain level to do certain areas.
>>
>>380825197
this.
and not much left until the release too.
>>
for writing The Secret World
for pvp/raids WoW
for pretty pretty princess dressup GW@ or BDO
for overall polish, story, gameplay, music ffiv
>>
The Secret World Legends comes out on June 26th if you can wait, its a good game if you like story and atmosphere. Haven't played beta so I don't know what they did to the combat but at least its F2P.
>>
>>380825359
are you sure about the quests though?
elder scrolls games have always suffered from too many fetch quests, and combining them a stereotypical mmo quests doesn't really give me hope.
i am on the verge of buying it though. i just need the confirmation on the quests.
>>
>>380823369
I hate to say it, but Runescape. Game is super afk and rewards just being there and clicking occasionally. Made a lot of work enjoyable because I got my fishing up while doing it. In a way I didn't really play it to just play it I used it as a morale booster. In a sense I didn't even spend time playing it.

As a given. MMOs are meant for people with time to waste. If you wanted to make the time count you'd be better off playing something else.

FFXIV has been pretty good to me lately. Worst cases of pure grind is the god awful lowbie dungeons and PotD. PotD can be pretty fun though.
>>
>>380825750
that game looks weird as fuck but it has some decent reception. i don't know how to feel about it.
>>
>>380825154
It's gonna be SHIT based
>>
>>380825823
I'm lvl 30 and I had to do maybe 3 or 4 fetch quests. You never have to gather more than 6 things anyway.
>>
>>380823369
Is that what new runescape looks like? I might go back
>>
File: gromit.jpg (36KB, 562x562px) Image search: [Google]
gromit.jpg
36KB, 562x562px
I play no MMOs because there hasn't been a good MMO since Guild Wars released in 2005
>>
>>380825882
>it's good because it actually doesn't require you to play
>>
>>380826690
The objective best use of time is not at all.

To be fair I didn't say it was actually good.
>>
>>380823369
>best use
Up to you. Video games can be fun, a nice "time-waster" or a waste of time.
>objectively
Not an objective question, since a lot of motivations for using time to do anything is subject to various opinions/philosophies/etc.

Personally I enjoy OSRS when I get burnt off my more active games.
>>
>>380824023
ESO is nothing like WOW.
>>
>>380823369
An MMO, by definition, is not a good use of your time.
They're designed to be time sinks.
>>
File: munchmunch.gif (87KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
munchmunch.gif
87KB, 480x270px
>>380823369

>MMO
>best use of your time

Pick one.
>>
>>380830825
It can be said for any other type of game.
>>
>>380831091
That is not true.
An MMO makes money based on how long you play it, other games make money when you purchase them.
Because of this, non-online games have no incentive to waste your time, and are a million times better.
>>
>>380831480

>An MMO makes money based on how long you play it, other games make money when you purchase them.
And yet for over a decade, MMOs have focused on limited content and story which can be completed in days. Proving that MMO developers are stupid.
>>
>>380825154
Probably both with a pay2win cash shop too.
>>
I spent half of today playing Secret World. Such a good MMORPG. The character quests are great.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.