[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are MMOs the only genre where people will pay money not to play?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: pay money to not play.jpg (49KB, 484x346px) Image search: [Google]
pay money to not play.jpg
49KB, 484x346px
Why are MMOs the only genre where people will pay money not to play?
>>
>>380808454
Because they want to play the relevant parts.
>>
>>380808454
because low attention span, carrot-on-a-stick focused players are a larger market to milk money from as they are outside the typical niche mmo player market. for many of these people getting to "the end" and being able to receive rewards regardless of the means is more important than the journey or fun.
>>
>>380811081
The problem is the journey of MMOs generally isn't fun. Super Mario Bros. is fun while Final Fantasy XIV feels like a minimum wage simulator.
>>
>>380808454
This should not exist for FFXIV. Your character can be all jobs in one.

Boosts for wow are jewish as fuck, but make sense. I wish they were locked behind a raid drop or completing a task, but one character is one character on wow.
>>
>>380811360
I remember people getting off work to level a new character in WoW and enjoying it. I've never met any in person that was excited to make a new character in FFXIV. Locking everything behind a singleplayer only MSQ just ruins the fun for people who want multiplayer.
>>
>>380808454
Because they've done them to death at this point and just want to skip to the new, relevant content?
>>380811360
Yeah but IIRC you eventually run out of quests and you get a cooldown on repeatable ones, so leveling via FATES is fucking ass. Might as well just start a new char and level a few different classes with that
>>
>>380811250
they swung too far in the direction of trying to baby mode the early game for completely useless people. could've been better if it didn't take so long to get anywhere close to how a given class/job actually plays.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.