[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on wildstar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 2874191-wildstar.jpg (28KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
2874191-wildstar.jpg
28KB, 480x270px
redpill me on wildstar
>>
>>380805992
>redpill
take a bath in battery acid
>>
It's trash.
>>
>>380805992
It's dead and badly optimized
Though it's the best F2P model i've seen in an MMO so far
>>
>>380805992
Was fun at first at launch and had a pretty good time. Then it became infested with bots who pretty much teleported all over the map taking all crafting materials. Then the economy tanked because of it and it became free to play and pretty much has the same problems. Pick it up to dick around in but honestly I wouldn't expect much from it.
>>
>>380805992
>"hardcore" gamers want hardcore MMO
>Wildstar wants the hardcore audience
>"I told u I was hardcore"
But hey, it's F2P now so there's that whole new kinda shitshow if that's your thing.
>>
>>380806097
>>380806193
>>380806367
I've read that as it sort of failed to launch the population is pretty low which hinders a lot of the experience. A great F2P that just didn't gather enough hype. Yet my friends have been playing it for a couple of months and trying to get me to play. Should I just try it for a week or two or not? Honestly it just looks like a shitty free cartoony spacey wow for me
>>
>>380805992
spare yourself

there's a reason no one plays this shit
>>
They misunderstood what made oldschool MMOs so compelling. Also completely misunderstood where the "challenge" of earlier MMOs came from.
>>
>>380806907
I thought Wildstar was sub at launch
>>
>>380806907
>free cartoony spacey wow

Well it's made by ex wow devs. I played it briefly, I quite enjoyed the combat system, and the art style is right up my street personally. Other than that the content didn't really entice me enough to stick around; it's the typical theme park grind. I can't speak for the end game, but from what I've heard the raids are very similar in difficulty to vanilla wow and require some teamwork. It's free, you have nothing to lose by trying it out at least
>>
>>380805992
Raided hardcore for a few months following launch when the 40 man was still around (got majority of the world firsts in that raid)

Once most of the big issues like optimization, bots etc were fixed, the game was actually really fun but a lot of players had already quit by then. Carbine just took forever to fix the game.

Combats probably not for everyone but I had more fun in both PvE and PvP then any MMO I've ever played, played most mmos since vanilla wow.

Another problem was the raiding and dungeons were really challenging for the average player so you had to be organized and every player pretty much had to have a decently optimized build. Also lots of punish for individual fuck ups. Great for the hardcore player not so great for everyone else.

Havent played that game since it went f2p though so I don't really now how different it is now
>>
>>380806907
If your friend has a guild, go play with him. If you're in an active guild you can easily get a group for raids and dungeons

The game is not bad, it's pretty much like WoW but with shitty optimization. If you like PvE go for it, but don't play Wildstar for PvP (it will take hours to find a battleground)
>>
File: 513543254326.gif (705KB, 738x780px) Image search: [Google]
513543254326.gif
705KB, 738x780px
>>380806036
Relax friend, it's just a word.
>>
>>380805992
Nice combat for an MMO, everything else is terrible.

I'd say catboys are cool but the whole race is one giant femdom garbage so not even that.
>>
>>380805992
Really good housing is all I miss from that game. Rest was medicore to bad.
>>
I only remember that one webm where someone was riding around some kind of hoverboard, did that ever actually make it into the game?
>>
File: Ohmy.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Ohmy.webm
1MB, 960x540px
>>
Gave it a spin for a couple of hours.

I didn't like it. Combat was dull. Everything is telegraphed with 10 years of start up. Story is the same old "chosen one" horse shit. Quest are dull. Customization options might as well not exist.

There's nothing really remarkable about it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.