[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished Arx Fatalis - wat now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: BoxArt-Arx_Fatalis.jpg (48KB, 377x548px) Image search: [Google]
BoxArt-Arx_Fatalis.jpg
48KB, 377x548px
Just finished this game.

Why is the dungeon crawler genre so fucking dead? (appart from blobbers/grid movement crawlers)

What are similar games I could play?
>>
>Why is the dungeon crawler genre so fucking dead? (appart from blobbers/grid movement crawlers)

Doesn't sell.

>What are similar games I could play?

Ultima Underworld
>>
>>380796003
>Doesn't sell.

Why though?
I mean there is no way this genre is any less attractive than the stuff Legend of Grimrock is doing. And that sold pretty well.

>Ultima Underworld
I started that, playing down to level 7. I should probably finish it. I was thinking about stuff that came out after Arx Fatalis though.
>>
>>380795928
>Finished Arx Fatalis
I see you passed the insta-fail check by choosing not to play as a warrior
>>
>>380795928
>Why is the dungeon crawler genre so fucking dead?

Because not enough handholding for modern gamers.
>>
>>380796352
I was actually pretty surprised to see a game that came out after 1995 and still had ways to completely ruin your run if you didn't pay attention.

For example if you walk into the ice dragons lair, save and steal the egg without having a dispell scroll ready you are basically fucked.
>>
>>380795928
If you don't mind incredibly corny acting and green-screening, play some Lands of Lore 2. It has the best itemization I've seen in any game, everything feels special and new.
>>
>>380796486
Dark Souls doesn't hold your hand either.
Difference is that Arx and Underworld are way more complex and basically classic adventure games with an RPG/Simulation on top.
>>
>>380796687
Yea. Or I mean, it's not even a question of paying attention. Those warriors the game throws at you when you go to that underground hideout in the tavern are fucking impossible to beat as a warrior. Everything until then is smooth sailing, except liches perhaps, and then suddenly an immense difficulty peak. Melee is just imbalanced in the game to be honest. Wouldn't recommend.
>>
>>380797163
Everything is garbage except for fireball.

>obtained inside the starting dungeon
>low mana cost
>one or two hits everything except for bosses
>>
>>380797163
You can knock those fuckers out in three hits with the meteor two hander if you "hold" your swing long enough.
But yeah they are basically completely overpowered. The entire city raid situation is complete bullshit and I basically did everything that involved them with invisibility potions/spell.
>>
So there is basically no game like this other than the classics it is based off and the genre is truly dead?
>>
File: UAscreenshot02.jpg (926KB, 1417x842px) Image search: [Google]
UAscreenshot02.jpg
926KB, 1417x842px
>>380798169
There's Underworld Ascendant.
Don't hold your breath for that one though.
>>
For fuck's sake, just give me a game with Arx Fatalis's magic system.

That's all I fucking want.
>>
>>380798759
Black and White
>>
>>380798759
Arx Fatalis had one of the worst magic systems in any game, though. They give you all these different spells, and then you end up using just a few of them.
>>
ITT people pretending dungeon crawlers are fun
>>
>>380799808
they are fun
Pretty much all of the classic underworld games are fantastic.

Blobbers are the ones that are sometimes tedious.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.