[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is gonna sell gangbusters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: spdermanqte.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
spdermanqte.webm
2MB, 640x360px
This is gonna sell gangbusters
>>
first good looking spiderman game not based on movie/weird spinoff shit QTS aside
>>
>>380789063
>QTEs aside
but QTEs ARE the game

a few once in a while is fine but this game has them EVERYWHERE

and how fucking hard is it to copy swinging from SM2? the game is like 15 years old now
>>
So was that whole helicopter chase on rails with you just pushing buttons at the right time?
>>
File: 1478297328894.png (9KB, 362x358px) Image search: [Google]
1478297328894.png
9KB, 362x358px
>mash X for a movie
>>
>>380789327
You saw a cinematic QTE.
Combat and swinging are not QTEs.
>>
Can we call them Quick Time Events if they're not Quick?
>>
>>380791849
from what i saw from what they showed at e3 the combat had some QTEs too

hopefully im wrong though
>>
>>380788905
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO INSOMNIAC? They were all about gameplay, even during the PS3 generation. What the fuck happened to them? Did that Xbone exclusive do something to them? They remake R&C and it's an awful retelling of the original locked at 30 FPS with half the content missing. Now I'm seeing awful QTEs in this? This is not the Insomniac games that I've known since the PS1 generation. I think i can even claim their games had ZERO QTEs in them ever.
>>
>>380792721
Welcome to what happens to every single long term dev. Remember how good Capcom were? or Konami?
>>
>>380792721
Are you forgetting the God of War devs have drunken the Last of Us cool aid and are going full "slow over the shoulder combat with a poignant story about being a grizzled fatherly character learning to open up again to their surrogate kid while on a journey in a cinematically styled narrative?" A lot times you get these devs who actually wanted to make these all along, they were just stymied by technology and the zeitgeist of the times.
>>
Whats the appeal? Sure, looks good, but you have to focus on these QTE popups instead of enjoying the show. Imagine watching a movie like Fury Road and every 10 second some bullshit prompt has you pressing buttons, otherwise the movie ends - is the experience enriched this way? Might as well watch a letsplay on youtube and spare yourself the suffering.
>>
>everyone upset about QTE during scripted sequences
Why is it a huge issue now exactly?
Are Nintendorks upset they don't get good super hero games?
>>
>>380792634
not him but I image that's early in the game when learning how to play
>>
>>380794826
>implying it wouldn't be cooler to have to run along the crane and shoot webs at it manually
>implying the "R2 L2 R2 L2 R2 L2 R2 L2" part isn't cancerous as shit

Otherwise I actually think it looks pretty good.
>>
>>380795059
And then you would be upset that you fail a scripted sequence and have to start the segment again for aiming with a controller.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.