/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Despite some flaws Rage is pretty underrated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

Despite some flaws Rage is pretty underrated
>>
I've been curious about this game for awhile. What do you like about it?
>>
It has got some of the most unsatisfying combat and generally tedious gameplay out of all the FPSes I've played

Boy did they redeem themselves with Doom 2016 though
>>
>>380782569
Dang son I loved the combat. The shooting felt great! The way the enemies moved was also very fluid. It felt gooood to play rage. The plot was boring and the world did not have much to do though.
>>
>>380782470
The combat is like the new doom game but slower and with no glory kills.
>>
File: 9f5.gif (400KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
9f5.gif
400KB, 488x519px
>>380782984
>The combat is like the new doom game
>>
>>380782470
The enemy ai is unique and the gunplay is better than most games. I really like the crafting system too All the type of bullets and accesories that can be made. Graphics are top notch too once you use some third party settings to fix some pop in isssues.

Storys meh but not bad. Voice acting is actually pretty great though.

Biggest Flaws though is its can run like shit on some computers but that can fixed just takes more effort than it should. Steam has a few could discussion threads on it. Other that that the overworld is a little blaned and pointless.
>>
>>380782569
The combat was good, though. It's just that the rest of the game wasn't very good. Boring story, boring overworld, and the driving mechanics weren't good enough to justify messing around with upgrading your car that much.
>>
>>380783114
>Biggest Flaws though is its can run like shit on some computers
I've got a toaster, but it ran pretty damn well on it, albeit not at the highest settings.
>>
>>380782414
The gunplay's great, it's very pretty, and the RPG bits are fine.
The rest is mediocre.
>>
I liked the shooting, I just hated all the time you are forced to spend doing things that aren't shooting.
>>
>>380782414
No.
>>
>>380783363

my 1080 was only getting about 30fps with constant dips to ~17 every time I moved with absolutly horrible texture pop ins. Some other people had the same issues on steam but the fix was simple. Had make a custom config folder and folder for the cache under appdata/Id Software/rage Only took about 10 mins after that Ive had zero issues. Apparently the issue has to do with windows 10 and new nvidia cards.
>>
>>380782569
the combat is the only good thing in the game, you mong
>>
>>380782414
Rage was tech-demo tier. It had so little gameplay and all the gameplay that it had was incredibly repetitive.

It's a solid shooter, but there's just too much unnecessary and purely executed shit around it to call Rage a solid game. Also: it's certainly not underrated, if anything it was overrated because of the tech. I think most review sites gave it around 80%?
>>
>>380785020

It feels like it was a missed opportunity. So much of the core mechanics were done right but it couldnt come together in the end.
>>
>>380782414
>liked it after I got it to work on my old laptop
>try to install and play again on new pc
>won't even get past the start without crashing
>>
The level design is fucking terrible and it's by fucking necessity because they tried to get memegatextures running on Sony's 256mb of RAM shitbox.
>>
They baked the shadows into the textures (because idtech5) and on some of the levels they fucked up the colours for it. It's one of the early ones where they baked all the shadows in green for some reason and it seriously hurts my eyes.
>>
File: 1392488442657.jpg (488KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1392488442657.jpg
488KB, 1920x1080px
The game is fucking huge but it's one of the shortest games ever
Basically a big MEGATEXTURES tech demo
Solid gameplay but was only like 4-5 hours long
>>
>>380785970
>Basically a big MEGATEXTURES tech demo
and it didn't really turn out well for them given how ugly it looked and how poorly it ran
I guess they eventually made it work by their next engine version of DOOM though. Good for them.
>>
>>380785970
The gameplay was so shit I didn't even bother playing for more than an hour, to be honest.
And most of that was spent doing fucking fetch-quests, as far as I remember.
>>
>>380786519
>for more than an hour
The start of the game is absolutely atrocious, it's seriously one of the most boring things I've done in my life all the way up until you arrive at Wellspring. I'm serious, sitting in a waiting room for two hours was less boring than the first hours of RAGE.
>>
>>380782414
Nothing can redeem after that fucking ending
>>
>>380786761
Are you saying I should suffer through it and give it another chance?
I really don't want to, desu
>>
>>380782569
I also didnt like the combat. The combat was fast and fluid like quake or doom but it also had ironsights like call of duty. It would have been much better without ironsights.
>>
>>380787202
No it's not, it's seriously not worth it
go play an FPS that's good from the start like gunman
>>
>>380787314
>shilling a 17 year old fan-made expansion pack for meme life on an antarctic bowling forum
>>
File: 1493223781849.jpg (24KB, 456x384px) Image search: [Google]
1493223781849.jpg
24KB, 456x384px
>>380782414
No it isn't, in fact I would say its overrated by people claiming it's underrated. It deserved to be critically panned, it deserved to be forgotten. Nothing but a tech demo, it should be a crime to spend so much painstaking effort into little detail all to service a generic forgettable, boring, hitscan/regenerating health cover shooter. And from Id software of all people? Fuck them, Rage was a mistake. A really technically impressive mistake without an original bone in its body more focused on copying current trends and technology than making a good game. How people defend this garbage is beyond me.
>>
>>380787615
Yeah because there's a 100% chance that whoever I'm telling to play it hasn't done so already
That means it's always a better recommendation than RAGE
>>
>>380787642
>A really technically impressive mistake
But it looks like shit
>>
>>380782414
Nope, we waited 8 years for a megatextures tech demo. Don't be an apologist.
>>
>>380787202
>>380787934
Will check out Gunman. It looks decent.

I just played Miranda the other day (for HL2), and it was really nice.
>>
>>380788039
It looks like something that looked really really good at one point but had all the textures compressed to shit. Landscapes and towns look great until you're close to anything.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.