[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC and Switch owners required to make Xbox Live account

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1497373067087.png (294KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497373067087.png
294KB, 512x512px
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/14/minecraft-ceo-confirms-xbox-live-login-on-nintendo-switch/amp/

I mean okay, Minecraft is basically Microsoft's property, but isn't this a bit too far? It's like free advertising. Third party logins aren't usually a good thing. They were not OK with EA's Origin, same with Ubiplay, why should it be acceptable now? Does this mean that if the live account associated to my Nintendo ID gets banned for whatever reason you may kiss your Switch online goodbye?
>>
>>380778687
Why does minecraft keep getting eaten up by consumers?
Jesus I thought it died out like 2 years ago
>>
Do you get those cool avatars?
>>
>>380778687
only if you play minecraft, retard
>>
>>380778687
>They were not OK with EA's Origin, same with Ubiplay

It's not about if they were ok or not as much as it's about setting a precedent. People voted with their wallets and basically told EA and Ubi that it's alright to shoehorn in 3rd party logins because we'll still buy your shit regardless. Minecraft is big with the kids so I suspect that people will again just suck it up and buy into it.
>>
>>380779137
I hope so.
>>
>>380778687
no wonder sony told them to fuck off
>>
File: 1497485275100.gif (20KB, 400x446px) Image search: [Google]
1497485275100.gif
20KB, 400x446px
>>380780391
Sony probably has a different agenda in mind, but yeah, making your users sign up to a direct competitor's system sure does sound like corporate suicide.
>>
>>380778687
Isn't it used to keep sync of the progress and shit you buy?
>>
>>380778687
PC users already had to make one to get minecraft win10 version
>>
>>380781061
and send you marketing information
>>
>people actually play the win10 version of minecraft instead of the java version
???
>>
>>380781202
I like that, where do I sign? :^)
>>
>>380778687
doesn't it take like less than 5 minutes to make? I'm not seeing the issue.
>>
>>380781319
>people actually play the win10 version of minecraft instead of the java version
tiger camo 4k dorito edition directx tho...
>>
>>380781470
It just feels wrong. Like I shouldn't even be assed to do this because everything should work out of the box, as per Ninty's standards.
>>
>>380780391
Yeah, not sure why Nintendo agreed to this.
>>
>>380782947
they still think they're in 7th gen and are not competing with anyone
>>
>>380781319
The corssplay is a nice reason to consider playing it from time to time, but right now there's no way anyone would play it INSTEAD of the java version.
>>
>>380782947
because it's a curated service on stable servers. you don't need an xbox gold account so it doesn't cost extra. the worse part of it would be having to sign in.
>>
>he actually plays minecraft
>>
>>380782947
Because a portable Minecraft that isn't horribly gimped is going to move a metric assload of copies.
>>
>>380778687
>every mmo now is log in with your facebook as an option
>>
Don't you need a live account to download anything on the windows store anyway?
>>
Please don't act like you are gonna play any Nintendo games online for very long at all with your switch.

We all know you will get like maybe a month tops out of an online game, and even then, its probably like a few hours per week because of how shallow Nintendo games are.
>>
>>380783602
Is nu-Minecraft completely off limits in regards to Steam?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.