[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (232KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
232KB, 1280x720px
What went wrong
>>
>>380774626
Spent more effort on improving graphics instead of improving fun.
>>
>>380774626
Online ruined it, it's because of the success of online that it'll never get any story expansions
>>
>cheaters
>everything costs 6-7 figures

>sharkcards
pic related
>>
>>380774626
turning online mode into a half ass'd mmorpg with micro transactions
>>
Not releasing any single player story content what so ever when GTA IV had some of the best single player DLC.
>>
File: 1497404064301.png (22KB, 147x125px) Image search: [Google]
1497404064301.png
22KB, 147x125px
>>380774626
Nothing. It was the best mass-appeal GTA thus far. I'd say San Andreas generally has a more powerful story, but V put it in the player's hands to create their own saga (I own property in trailer parks all over the digital state) it just takes imagination to really get the most out of V, and /v/ lacks the imagination for V
>>
>>380774745
This, and also focus on graphics did the same thing.

Rockstar became a parody of itself.
>>
>>380774626
>overstaffed dev team
>600 gorrillion people in charge of writing the same script
>over emphasis on jewnline
>>
UK rockstar developed it, US rockstar published it and forced microtransactions and stopped people from using 5 Reborn.
Take two interactive must have gone insane and made modding the game against the law.
>>
moveset and environmental interaction. you would expect to be able to climb drainpipes or dive like max payne by now, especially with the skill system
>>
Trevor shouldve been the only protagonist
>>
>>380776415
The modern american gaming industry is so cancerous.
>>
>>380774626
Online being worse than MMO grinding, and how overpriced shark cards are. I should be able to spend $10 for 10 million, not $10 for 1.1 million
>>
>>380778608
Those prices looks fine to me. Make more money in real life.
>>
File: C3_TDNFXAAAp1by.jpg (72KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C3_TDNFXAAAp1by.jpg
72KB, 1200x900px
>>
3 protagonists was a nice idea but in the end there was no character progression whatsoever

There is one idiom that sums it up.
"Wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle"
>>
>>380779027
>Defending shark cards
$80 usd isn't worth a tank and one expensive car
>>
Jews
>>
>>380776415
Rockstar north NEED different publishers
>>
Online ruined it. Rockstar is dead to me
>>
I just bought the game from Amazon today for my PS4 so I will tell you later.
>>
>>380779146

Eh, Franklin comes to accept his life and the people around him. The relationship between Michael and Trevor has a pretty solid arc. Michael's family shit wasn't the most exciting of missions but definitely has a sense of progression. Even Trevor has some moments of personality outside of his meth-head murdering sprees.

I liked it WAY better than focusing on a single guy, the only bad part is they absolutely wasted the potential gameplay fun of three protagonists with just a handful of heists, most of which awarded you with fuck-all.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.