[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is not a good remake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: latest[2].jpg (696KB, 1200x1204px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
696KB, 1200x1204px
This is not a good remake
>>
>>380774226
well, what do you have to say for yourself?
Don't just make an outrageous post and not care to explain.
>>
File: ZeroMissionGraphics[1].jpg (34KB, 493x161px) Image search: [Google]
ZeroMissionGraphics[1].jpg
34KB, 493x161px
>>380774591

>cartoony art style ruined the atmosphere
>boring and shallow map compared to super
>easy as fuck
>>
These backgrounds are fucking atrocious
>>
>>380775308
Nothing's cartoony about the zm graphics. If you're talking about the backgrounds they're a lot better than black
>boring and shallow map compared to super
The map has a lot to explore, especially when you can go back to zebes
>easy as fuck
Do a 10% hard mode run then tell me it's easy
>>
>>380775308
>>380774226
>>380775558
is this now a trend to hate on the metroid franchise or what?
>>
>>380775934
>atmosphere
there was any in the nes version?
>>
>>380775687

>Nothing's cartoony about the zm graphics

Srsly nigger?

>If you're talking about the backgrounds they're a lot better than black

No they are not, game has zero atmosphere now
>>
>>380776170

Yes?
>>
>>380776282
you probably should put down your nostalgia goggles
>>
>>380774226
It's too easy, but other than that it's good. The original Metroid has not aged well.
>>
>legit preferring Metroid 1 to Zero Mission

ZM may say too much but Metroid 1 says too little. Or maybe it's just that everything looks the same and there's no fucking map, and the game is just a fucking chore to play. Probably all of the above.

People at the time were just content with getting lost, the game is puposefully designed that you do so in fact, because they were blown away by how open the game was. But it really didn't age well. The only thing that M1 makes me feel when I play it is why I'm doing this when I can hook up Super.
>>
>>380775791

Yeah I guess. A few years ago we'd have never seen the amount of "It'll be shit!" posts in regards to the two Metroids announced at E3. Though it's probably just /v/ being contrarian as usual. It gets worse every year.
>>
>doing the new melee attack in the cover from 15 years ago

Wew
>>
OP what's an example of a good remake?
>>
>>380775308
it's not a fucking remake of super
if ZM has no atmosphere, OG metroid has negative atmosphere
metroid games have always been easy as fuck, BUT ON TOP OF THAT ZM's hard mode is the hardest legit challenge in a 2D metroid
>>
Reminder that any graphical complaints can be excused because of the GBA screen. Reminder the GBA originally was not backlit so seeing certain things or colors could be impossible.

This is why the first GBA castlevania had those super bright colors.
>>
>>380777053
as soon as they announced the two metroid games, it went immediately downhill here.
i know its /v/, but come on guys.
>>
>>380774226

It's a good game though
>>
>>380775791
No. It will be bad because we say it's bad, and no amount of positive input will change it.

We've made up our minds. It's bad, and you're dumb for thinking otherwise.
>>
Shit opinions general?
Shit opinions general.
>>
>>380774226
I agree the zero suit segment is garbage and half the upgrades are just keys for those stupid blocks.
>>
>>380775308
Original Metroid was already cartoony and the original had no atmosphere. Put down those nostalgia goggles
>boring and shallow map compared to Super
Literally moving the goalposts and not even related to ZM or OG M.
>easy as fuck
Definitely harder than the original.
>>
>>380777981
anything wrong with a little stealth in a metroid game? i think it was ok.
and it felt good to finally use all the upgrades after you gained the final suit
>>
it was good up until Zero Suit Samus happened and spawned the worst meme to happen to the series
>>
Zero Mission is a romhack of Wario Land 4, fucking scrubs
>>
Better than the original, so I'd say it counts as a good remake.
>>
Sony ggers are upset that their presentation was a complete shitshow culminating in mediocre capeshit and are attacking the reveals that tr00 ninten yearolds are excited for in retaliation.
>>
File: metroid.jpg (791KB, 1194x834px) Image search: [Google]
metroid.jpg
791KB, 1194x834px
>>380775791
Metroid games can be hated and loved like Japan is.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.