[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people spend hundreds of hours on this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: terraria.jpg (223KB, 752x430px) Image search: [Google]
terraria.jpg
223KB, 752x430px
How do people spend hundreds of hours on this game?
>>
>>380770528
It's incredibly fun and satisfying to get better at.
You can easily spend hundreds of hours alone and with no mods on it, and many more hundreds on online play and mods.
>>
>>380770528
Have you played it?
>>
>>380771089
yea for hundreds of hours.
>>
File: wow.png (98KB, 174x228px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
98KB, 174x228px
>>380770528
because its fun
>>
>>380770528
Because they like it?
Wouldn't you spend hundreds of hours on a game if you liked it?
>>
File: 1456449405386.png (401KB, 618x390px) Image search: [Google]
1456449405386.png
401KB, 618x390px
>spent maybe 4 bucks on it
>145 hours
>>
I've played it a lot, and honestly no longer understand the appeal.

It's so grindy, every playthrough is the same, and the bosses are always tedious bullet/magic/sword sponges.
>>
Melee/magic/ranged/summon all play differently, and finishing the game once takes ~40 hours when you're fairly new. Even longer if RNG is being a cunt and you want to minmax.
You can build tons of shit with an incredible amount of block/furniture options.
It's also quite a low attention investment outside of bosses, you can kinda play it while watching TV or listening to a podcast or whatever, and only pay partial attention.
>>
>>380770528
Merely hundreds? I think you mean thousands. There's a lot to do even if you're only a little autistic. If you're a Grand Autismo there's an unending amount of content and building to do.
>>
File: kill me now.png (317KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
kill me now.png
317KB, 720x404px
spent hours on ps4 yesterday trying to get The Axe
it wont fucking drop!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Anyone else play with self-imposed difficulties to make the game more entertaining in the long run?
I for one refuse to use any items that can prevent falldamage, for instance. No double jumps, no wings, no grappling hook etc. It forces me to make good use of ropes and ladders, and it adds to immersion and difficulty while also making me have to rethink how to fight some of the bosses.
>>
>>380771218
>yea for hundreds of hours.
>>
>>380770528
autism
>>
remember the thread about that autistic guy who hooked up a bunch of computers all playing Terraria and simulated a nation or something like that?
>>
>>380770528
autism
>>
>>380770528
Well it is fun just for the sake of being fun.

Also, at higher difficulties it is basically a bullet hell/platformer clusterfuck of a game.
>>
File: 1497571439020.jpg (2MB, 2124x3352px) Image search: [Google]
1497571439020.jpg
2MB, 2124x3352px
>>
File: 1487939657848.png (57KB, 420x457px) Image search: [Google]
1487939657848.png
57KB, 420x457px
>>380771636
>got it as a gift
>320 hours
>>
>>380773213
He is the hero that we need and deserve.
>>
>>380770528
I guess the same way people spend hundreds of hours on Minecraft?
>>
only thing i really dont understand people liking is the grind for items that they put in
like you can do 20 of the fishing missions which take forever and arent fun at all and you get like 5 dupes of the same item to show for it
theres so much shit in my inventory and crates that i'll never use and its barely even worth it to sell them all for a couple gold at most when i can get twice that amount by doing something fun in the game

call me a casual or something but when i spend 2 hours digging around the jungle looking for some crate item and i get a fucking breathing rod for the 10th time i just go to an item editor and give myself the thing i was looking for

theyve gotta do something about all these dupes, rerolling crates or dupe reduction once you already own a certain item, this shit is just not fun to get loot that is just completely worthless and clogs up your inventory
>>
>>380775701
Git gud.
>>
>got it through some indie bundle for like a dollar
>474 hours
>>
>>380770528
well there's ton of shit to do
has mmo drop rates and that damn fishing
>tfw each time i try to get the cellphone the angler is a cunt on it
>>
File: 1483787451141.png (69KB, 234x224px) Image search: [Google]
1483787451141.png
69KB, 234x224px
>tfw finished my world after 300+ hours of fun
I wish I could build desu, but I don't have the autism for it. It felt depressing when I finished grinding moonman for all his worthwhile items, and then realizing that I was done. I even got all achievements (including the 200 angler quests) and went as far as using endgame+ mods but it just made reality crush me harder. I can't even bring myself to fire it up again, despite only a few months having passed.
>>
i cannot think of a game that offers a better price to gametime ratio than terraria
200+ hours here, awaiting terraria otherworld
>>
Does anyone want a server?
>>
>>380771636
Is that a second hamburglar stealing from the hamburglar?
>>
>>380775701
There's an easy-to-use mod system called tmodloader.

Drag and drop it into your terraria folder. Then start up terraria and click on "mod browser" or something. Then search for the "grind" mod or whatever it's called. It significantly increases your chance of getting the rarer items.
>>
I dont know, i just played it for a week and then i realized i beat a giant plant thing.
>>
>262 hours
I remember when I just had 97 before they gave us that big ass update. It was quite overwhelming trying to jump back into it, but man was it fun. The only problem I had with that update was that after you craft the cthulu armor, there's really no one to use it on. Wasn't there a new update recently?
>>
Why doesn't ps4 record the amount of time you've spent playing? I swear I've played like 2000+ hours but it wont fucking tell me
>>
>>380770528
idk pc shit is kind of more fun than console crap.
>>
Low system specs, low price on sale, and autism

I love Terraria and do indeed have hundreds of hours logged, but I also haven't touched it since the last patch and won't touch it until the next. The twenty-thousand or so people who play daily are in all seriousness pretty emotionally and intellectually damaged.
>>
>>380770528
Got at 1.1, replay for 1.2, and 1.3
>>
>>380777614
Ok try this

pass: rage

This is my first time hosting a server so it probably doesn't work but please try so I'll know it doesn't work
>>
My friends all refuse to buy games on computers, and only play console games. I really want to play this game again but with friends, is it worth playing it on ps4? I probably wont be missing anything from the pc version since I haven't played it since launch.
>>
>>380779757
no dice my dude, hangs on connection attempt

make sure you've forwarded the port in your router settings and that that's your real external IP
>>
>>380770528
When you understand what the game is about, you can spend a lot of time finishing it
>>
>>380780343
working on it
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.