[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dying light

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

File: 1.jpg (30KB, 284x351px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
30KB, 284x351px
Is this worth pirating ?
>>
>>380769440
It's worth buying, faggot.
>>
YOU WILL PURCHASE ITTTT
>>
File: 1455575438307.gif (422KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455575438307.gif
422KB, 640x480px
>>380769440
>singe player
why would you ever buy them?
>>
I'd buy it for Co-op. That shit was pretty fun.
>>
>>380770940
>le retarded animeposter face

I guarantee you're a virgin
>>
>>380769440
"Is this worth not paying for?"

shut your fucking autistic trap
>>
File: i-can-wipe-my-own-ass.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
i-can-wipe-my-own-ass.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
>>380771113
Yeah, so ;^)
>>
>>380771057
definitely
remember finishing the campaign with a friend, 9pm to 6am no rugrats
>>
Yes.

Also I bought the following on ps4 at Christmas, never got round to playing and it won't let me download it anymore. Lol cucked.
>>
>>380769440
Best open world game I've played.
>>
It's still one of my all time favorite open-world sandboxes and zombie games - though that does not say much, because I'm usually not fond of the genres.

I find it weirdly fun and compelling. It's definitely fairly well crafted and all of it's components do flow together really well.

That said: the story is utter garbage, the game does not have a single original idea in mind, and it does have a lot of limitations in terms of late game combat variety, some of the level design, quests, challenges. It's far from a fantastic game.

But it has a great sense of flow and surprisingly good character progression. Plus, the whole zombies+parkour+open-environments combo naturally compliments itself. And it does have some actually pretty clever design pieces and attention to detail at time.
It just weirdly clicked for me.

Just be ready for one of the DUMBEST main character moments in history of videogames. The story in general is mostly bad (though it has a couple of neat moments too), but there is one scene, relatively early into the game, that nearly RUINS the fucking game just by how stupid it is.
It will make you absolutely hate the protagonist, and the game itself, and it's just infuriating on every level.
>>
Not really no.
>>
The combat was shit, but the other bits made up for it somehow, probably one of the few genuinely good zombie games.
>>
>>380770809
It's banned in my country, because apparently killing zombies will turn me into a neo-nazi school shooter or something according to authorities. I would have bought it, but I pirated it instead. I hope you can forgive me.
>>
>>380771623
You talking about the part where he burns the suppressant?
It still makes me mad thinking about the number of problems that could have been avoided if he didn't do that, plus it didn't even make sense from an in universe perspective, since he doesn't save any or ask for a guarantee that they'll supply him with more
>>
>>380769440
Definitely one of my top games ever. Also please consider not upgrading weapons. For real, stick to low tier weapons and you will have a blast.
>>
>>380771623
I cant remember what event youre talking about, was it with the kid and the explosives?
>>
>>380772216
Yeah. That moment just makes me want to strangle the writer responsible.
Another thing that always bothered me is how the game utterly fails to acknowledge the antazine supplies you get from succesful drops. I mean: I get it, they need to create tension and motivation for the player to follow the story breadcrums, but still. Fuck you game. That is just fucking moronic and you know it.

It's weird because the protagonist can actually be a LOAD of fun, and there are these neat little details to the story like the Tower Leader and that dude who works for the BBEG, who is genuinely an interesting characters (for videogame standards).

>>380772387
Nope. Crane burning the antizine supplies because the clearly-not-evil woman on the phone told him to do so.
>>
>>380772203
That's honestly too bad anon. The game's a whole lot more fun in coop.
>>
>>380772203
What liberal shithole of a country are you from?
>>
I really wish this game was getting a sequel rather than more DLC becuase there's just enough little problems I have with it that make me desperately want more improvements. I wish the parkour was just a little faster and there were more movements that could be done while climbing. That combat engine needs some sort of overhaul because fuck me it's a pain to fight zombies sometimes
But overall it's a pretty solid open world zombie sandbox and it's great fun to fuck around with.
your first night time experience is always great too
>>
Probably the best zombie game since they became hugely popular. Truly astounding.
>>
>>380772641
>>380772216
>>380771623
Fucking love the game but Jesus did Crane go full retard at this point. There was no reason to actually burn the antizine, he could have just tucked them away somewhere instead of doing that.

Also, apparently the supply drops in gameplay don't have any antizine in them since they're all orange drops. Antizine drops were the blue ones.
>>
>>380772768
Germany
>>
>>380772948
RUN BOY RUN
Anyway, the game's getting a whole year's worth of free DLC that also includes some story shit too. People are speculating that it'll lead up to a sequel announcement.
>>
>>380769440
It's so cheap nowadyas if you pirate it you really must be a poor faggot. Also I heard the devs are releasing more free DLC even though its like 3 years old
>>
>Buying shit for co-op
It's 2017, even if you don't know how to portforward, there's programs that do it for you
>>
I still have two questions that I never got the answer to:
1. What the hell happened to that one Antizin bottle he nicked from the supply drop before burning it?
2. What the fuck happened to yellow shirt parkour instructor leader dude?
>>
>>380771623
I wouldn't say the story is utter garbage. It's probably the best plot that I've seen in a dumb zombie action game. There's also some fantastic, dumb moments, like the KHAAAAAAN tier scream scene where you fight 5 guys with guns in an open terrain empty handed, and parkour up a wall with no objects to hide behind as guys are shooting at you from 10 meters away. Most of the big scenes you can see coming a mile away, but they're charming, like watching B-tier action flicks that copy the great ones before them
>>
>>380773573
1. No idea. It's like the writers forgot he had it.
2. He's still at the tower apparently. He never died or anything like that so I guess he just gave Crane leadership or something?
>>
>>380772203
just get a key on kinguin.net
worked for me
>>
>>380773261
>A whole years worth of free DLC
What? You mean they're giving the old DLCs away for free, or what? Since all of them are garbage
>>
>>380773226
lol
>>
It's like, a pretty good Ubisoft game next to Mad Max, Shadow of Mordor, and MGS V
>>
>>380774129
New DLC anon. A few days ago they announced they're providing 12 month's of free DLC for the game out of nowhere.
>>
>>380774129
https://www.pcgamesn.com/dying-light/dying-light-dlc-free-2017-2018-e3
>>
>>380773729
The story was just painfully trying to emulate Far Cry 3 except with a less charismatic villain with very little proper motivation and some just awe-inspiringly stupid moments like the antizine one.

That said, there were some things I did like. Crane outside of that one or two moments is actually pretty fun: the whole Jason Brody schtic actually kinda works and I found it pleasant to see him actually even ENJOYING himself in the city in the second half of the story.
But still, outside of few decent character moments it's either generic rip-off or terrible. I don't play that many zombie games so maybe I have unreasonable expectations, but I would call it garbage without batting an eye.
>>
File: Rais.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rais.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
>>380774582
It's a great game that's not afraid to do things that most shit SJW western devs would never even touch.
This is the only AAA game in recent memory that has a Muslim as the main protagonist. It's even better that they didn't even push it down our throats at all either.
>>
>>380775695
>beat him in a QTE
What a letdown. The whole final mission was great up till that point.
>>
>>380775695
His religion is literally never mentioned
Like religion is a total non-factor in the entire game what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>380775695
>protagonist

You mean antagonist, right?
>>
Not really
>>
>>380775695
There is absolutely no reference to his religion what so ever in the damn game. And I think this whole obsession with SJW's has completely clouded your reason and basically rotten your brain. Seriously. There is fuck all political about any of this.
>>
So based on the previous shit, the 10 new DLC will be
>New enemies
>New car skins and maybe a new car gadget
>New skins
>More new skins
>New weapons (No new types though)
>A new location that's gonna be the only good DLC, but it's gonna be a 5 minute dungeon, maybe 2
>New zombies
>A story DLC that reuses like 2-3 places and offers 1 new indoors area
>A gameplay mechanic that doesn't really add anything new, like a new kill move or boots that make you jump a bit further.
>Another dungeon, or if they're really jewish, another arena. Maybe a car arena
>>
>>380776312
The new gameplay mechanic is gonna be a boat. They're gonna add a couple of little spots you can use it in, but mostly it's gonna be a gimmick no one will use
>>
>>380776312
>A gameplay mechanic that doesn't really add anything new, like a new kill move or boots that make you jump a bit further.
Was there ever an explanation why the momentum shit they added in the parkour run DLC was never implemented in the regular game? That shit was great, you could end up going fast as fuck.
>>
>>380776312
>if they're really jewish
How can you be jewish if you're giving it for free?
>>
File: 1446562865898.jpg (158KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1446562865898.jpg
158KB, 501x585px
>>380776513
>How can you be jewish if you're giving it for free?
The best jew plays the long game anon, several free, ultra low effort things and a couple of medium effort items garners goodwill for your new, terrible game
>>
>>380775998
whoops, yea. meant to say antagonist.
>>
File: 20170616215551_1.jpg (414KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170616215551_1.jpg
414KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw I wasn't the big guy
>>
>>380775958
>>380776106
His name is "Kadir Sulieman". A super muzzie sounding name to me.
:^)
>>
>>380777542
rorke
>>
>>380777502
>you don't get to kill those little shits
>>
>>380777542
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Turkey
Spefically:
Poll conducted by Eurobarometer, KONDA and some other research institutes in 2013 showed that around 4.5 million of the 15+ population had no religion. Another poll conducted by the same institutions in 2015 showed that the number has reached 5.5 million
You are retarded. Seriously, this whole political bullshit is just boiling your brain away. Distance yourself from it as fast as you can.
>>
File: 20170616222047_1.jpg (125KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170616222047_1.jpg
125KB, 1920x1080px
driving at night is like a fucking horror movie
>>
The fucking music is amazing
Like I don't know what it is but it's just got such a fantastic soundtrack that always fits right in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iDYnAireiw
I don't know if it means anything but it's up there with mirrors edge as a top 5 all time vidya soundtracks
maybe games that let you go fast are just naturally better at having good music
>>
I'm actually a fan of 1st person melee combat. Is Dying Light's combat around Dark Messiah/Riddick levels or is it significantly worse?
>>
>>380773226
Can't you just go to the bad parts of Berlin and live the game atmosphere IRL?
>>
>>380769440
Best zombie game there is that isnt a RE game, which isnt saying much as the genre is crap.

I hate loved it, i really hated its crappy bits, but i really loved what worked. A solid 8/10
>>
>>380779095
I guess you could compare it to DMoMM since you have a lot of attacks that let you shove zombies and people into environmental hazards like spikes, fire, electricity and acid. Not really comparable to Riddick, you can't disarm anything.
>>
>>380769440
It's a game that actually makes use of the open world meme. Also parkouring is also fun as fuck.

The story is kinda pants on head retarded though, but hey it's a zombie game so what did you expect.
>>
>>380779095
It's pretty simplistic, unfortunately
There's a kick button, and you can jump on zombies heads and stab another one after springboarding off the first zombie, but it's not really all that challenging
Most of the time the goal is to stay away from combat anyway, so, y'know
I found it very enjoyable, but I also suck shit at DM so take my shit with a grain of salt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcALo9kO-3s
Like none of these skills are particularly special, but there's this tree and some from the agility tree that at least let you have variety
>>
Yeah it was more than decent. Bit repetitive but I still enjoyed it.
>>
I really liked the base game. Dumb story but enjoyable gameplay.

The DLC is completely different and I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>380780043

The Following was pretty great though.

Yeah the lack of parkour kind of sucked but I liked everything else. The big map, new weapons, the story, the extra challenges like the big mini bosses, definitely had a better final boss fight than the base game.

Definitely one of the better DLC's out there. Hell its more of a full-on expansion.
>>
>>380779720
I really found the combat against humans enjoyable before I learned how to abuse it. Circling eachother in the middle of a parking lot full of zombies, looking for an opportunity to get a hit in, or breaking his guard so you can bash his head in.
The one thing I hated about the combat were the weapons. From the beginning cinematic it seemed like weapons are a no go. Instead of 2 runners spawning when you use a weapon, it should be like 10 runners or something, so you feel like it's the last option, so you shoot something, do what you gotta do in seconds, then get the fuck out. Also less ammo and 1 shot human kills and remove all the shooting sections
>>
>>380779095
>Is Dying Light's combat around Dark Messiah/Riddick levels or is it significantly worse?
It's actually pretty close. People will claim that it's worse than it is: it's very close to those games - which actually isn't as good as everyone remembers it.

It's not particularly complex and it lacks in variety of melee weapon types and their differenciations considering the game lenght. But it's solid, and it consistently expands with more fun gimmicky tools that can be chained with environments and parkour mechanics.

The biggest issue it has are some of the "special" zombie types and just how annoying and poorly implemented into the flow of things they can get. That, and the Diablo-style level-oriented loot that can make you end up with some really weak and boring weapons. Weapon durability management isn't exactly thrilling either.

But still: the basic melee is fine, the environments and environmental kills are pretty good, there is a ton of small things to play around and master (grapples, slide kicks, vaults and chaining into aerial attacks etc...)
>>
>>380780610
Also a problem is how in the end the game becomes more of a grind to kill shit, or you go "Oh, a special zombie? I'll just empty all my guns and/or throwables at it, doesn't matter since I get refills easily
>>
i uninstalled this game because i was scared to do anything at night
>>
>>380769440
I bought it from gog
It won't run
Ah well
>>
>>380781304
The first several nights are scary as shit especially at higher difficulties where you get chased by the Volatile Rape Squadron
>>
>>380774345
Holy shit that's pretty cool. Maybe I'll find the motivation to finish the following. I just really hate the lack of Parkour in the expansion.
>>
>>380781079
Yeah, special zombies are generally ass. And the "dynamic" level oriented loot and zombie scaling is also an ass.
But the core combat is one of the best first person melee's you can get, and there is a lot of variety and small intricacy to it - at least for the standards of the genre.
>>
bozak bow + volatile farming for exp near raise's base is fun lol
camp all night into day.
rinse repeat
more fun than drop farming or stuffed turtle runs
>>
>>380777502
>A STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND
>REMIND US WHAT WERE HERE FOR
>CREATING NEW LIFE
>>
>>380769440
If you've played Dead Island, it's literally the same game, except with freerunning in it. It's alright, qte boss 'fight' though. Also runs like shit. I consider it worth pirating.
>>
>>380782610
>dead island
>literally the same game

go fucking
>>
>>380782810
It's a deal island reskin. Fact.
>>
>>380782610
>If you've played Dead Island, it's literally the same game,
Except not even remotely.
>>
>>380783042
lolwat? Everything about it is the same, have you never played dead island or are you just trolling?
>>
File: dying light.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
dying light.webm
3MB, 800x450px
THE GAME IS FUN
>>
>>380783250
Lolwat? Dead Island is way more lighthearted. Exotic locations, fun characters, driving cars that don't break after hitting 3 zombies, I had way more fun with it than Dying Light.
>>
>>380769440
Yes. Be sure to pick up a lot of weapons because throwing them is a lot more fun than simply whacking zombies with them.
>>
>>380779095
It's an improved version of Dead Island. Same company and all.
>>
>>380784061
Are you a visitor from the Berenstein universe? Is Spore a revolutionary masterpiece in your world?
>>
>>380784631
Meh, I don't presume my opinion is the only valid one, but bros I was cooping with agree on this with me.

Dying light takes itself way too seriously. Zombies have bazillion HP and running away or snapping their necks with camo is the best way every time, neither super exciting. Dying lights boss fights were ass, Dead Island has a proper end boss fight, Riptide DLC adds more.
Crane is the most boring motherfucker in the universe AND I have to suffer through coop with 3 more Cranes. All the other NPCs are too, I can only remember the two dorky scientists.
Plot is pants on fire retarded for multiple reasons.
Sidequests and grinding skillspoints is more boring than my actual boring job that I get paid real money for.
Maps are urban city followed by sewers followed by more urban city. DLC countryside wasn't that hot excitement.,

I mean, you're excited for Dying light DLC, good on you, I'm more looking toward Dead Island 2 whenever that comes out, to each their own.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.