[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so how would you design the combat, then? Because bamham

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: VSQBvBX6TURhVPYK2LutmZ.jpg (447KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
VSQBvBX6TURhVPYK2LutmZ.jpg
447KB, 1920x1080px
Okay, so how would you design the combat, then? Because bamham combat is the best way to make you feel like a superhero, and looking like one, too.
>>
I honestly have no idea. Bamham combat is fine, but the enemies flashing red kinda puts me off. The UI gives too much info for how cinematic they want it to be.
>>
have enemies not taking turns to attack you
>>
"Batman combat" is such a ludicrous claim. I guess the critique is giving spacing control completely to the character.

The dodge is fine.
>>
>>380768717
Make it engaging, not just buttonmash. And make enemies fight back hard- Spidey is superhuman, but he's not invulnerable, so whenever you're swarmed by enemies, you should be better off slinging away and picking them one by one and not by just running into them and have everyone watch you beating up one guy. More emphasis on web and aerial combat. Make web limited, though, so you can't just cheese through. Make him use objects around him for cool physics-based stuff.
>>
>>380770056
Engaging is completely about diversity at this point. This is supposedly Spider-Man at his prime, so mobs are supposed to seem like what -- until the advanced mobs?
>>
If anything the bamham combat is more fitting for Spider-man anyway. All those spider sense counter prompts and leaping around like a retard.
>>
>>380768717
Model it after a Japanese game.
>>
>>380770421
I'm sick of this "first level must be impossible to fail" mentality. Beating easy mobs is boring. Beating a swarm of easy mobs is hack&slash, doesn't fit Spidey. The remaining option is hard mobs from the get-go, and either more and/or more difficult mobs near the end.
>>
>>380770056
>And make enemies fight back hard- Spidey is superhuman, but he's not invulnerable

Spidey isn't invulnerable but he has a decent amount of durability. Random crowds of non-meta mooks punching him or hitting him with blunt objects would cause him some pain, but wouldn't actually hurt him.

Dude has walked off getting Hulked before
>>
I just want another game like xmen origins wolverine but with spider man is that too much to ask?
>>
>>380771123
Japanese games are flashy buttonmasher
>>
>>380772294
>A bunch of mobs holding guns
>fitting Spidey

>sitting behind cover shooting web
>fun
>>
>>380768981
New Game + Bamham does that, so I guess make the hard mode of Spiderman turn off the attack markings.
>>
>>380768717
For starters, don't copy BamHam and instead take inspiration from a different Spidey game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7dWG_isUvo
>>
>>380769636
Nut anon, that's how it goes with superheros!
>>
>>380773823
This. I found Web of Shadows to be kinda boring overall compared to SM2 or Ultimate, but the fighting system was really creative and satisfying. Bamham combat is just the easy way out in these Spider-man games, they'll never feel as satisfying, just frustrating for the sake of cutscene-punches
>>
>>380768717
Batman combat is fucking awful. Don't understand how people enjoy it.
>>
Faster combat, more like Bayonetta/DMC,
Focused on speed, dodging, and style (for Daily Bugle pictures)

Less focus on Predator mode too, since that doesn't seem like Peter at all
>>
>>380774786
I think it can be engaging, at least in hard mode where enemies tend to be more varied since the beginning, and the game is designed to reward your combos as the higher you get more moves you can use to knock out bigger groups. In Origins you even have the option to turn off the attack alerts so you have to completely rely on the animations to avoid getting hit

But none of the various clones seem to be as engaging. They all stop at the basics of "attack, block, attack" and ripping off the predator sessions. Like it often happens Arkham set a trend but said trend inspires more laziness from the incompetent
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.