[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: cover_medium.jpg (161KB, 575x575px) Image search: [Google]
cover_medium.jpg
161KB, 575x575px
Is this game good /v/? Thinking about buying it but I'm worried it's a meme game. It's not a meme game is it?

Some questions if you don't mind:

1) How's the gameplay?
2) How's the level design?
3) How's the challenge?
4) How long is it?
5) How's the replayability?

THANKS!
>>
It's great, pretty easy if you don't have self imposed challenges (there's a challenge mode though with small trials)
Level design is usually excellent, except plague knight whose levels are almost the same as shovel knight when he controls completely differently.
Definitely worth your money.
>>
>>380766838
I was pleasantly surprised. The game is built around few well executed mechanics and the stages are fun. Boss battles are satisfying and characters are rememberable as hell. It is very well polished game anon.
>>
So, what do people think of the new campaign?
>>
It takes the best parts from NES Megaman, Ducktales and Zelda II and perfects them. It's one of the best 2D sidescrollers ever.
>>
It's pretty awesome, OP. The gameplay varies greatly between characters, with each having their own gimmick (Shovel having the pogo, Plague the bomb jumps and Spectre the Wall runs) but is pretty tight and responsive, although some say Plague is a bit slippery

What >>380767327 says
>Level design is usually excellent, except plague knight whose levels are almost the same as shovel knight when he controls completely differently.
But adding to it, they want to release one more carater, King Knight. While Shovel and Plague have the same levels, with the later having them touched up somewhat, Spectre's levels are dramatically different, and King's (according to Yacht Club) will have those levels touched up, like Plague's, but that's not that bad a thing, because while the characters handle very differently, they never really felt like they didn't belong on the levels or that they were out of place and just pasted over

I wouldn't really call it a hard game outside of Spectre NG+, where the constant life drain makes things more stressful, but overall is not hard. On the easy side, but not too easy either

I'd say it has a decent amount of content campaign-wise. A first time play of Shovel's (the main one, obviously) could easily take 18-20 hours. The other ones, specially Specter, feel pretty short, though

I don't really know how to answer the replayability, though. You have two other characters (eventually 3 and a battle mode) to try out so I'd say it's respectable
>>
>>380768316
Pretty gud and pretty short.
I'd say it's the most fun one so far, though. Playing as Spectre is really fun. But it's a shame there's not all that much to use him in.

The Rail Mail is undoubtedly the best mail, but it makes you feel gimped to not be using it
>>
>>380768316
It was pretty good overall, but I'm still not sure about the choices the backers made for who got the campaigns. Plague Knight was an alright choice, but I think Treasure and Polar would've worked better than the other two.

Also, Reize being the final boss was kind of dumb.
>>
>>380769292
>Treasure and Polar
Treasure could have been interesting, yes. But I don't see what would have been interesting about Polar. I'm sure they could have gotten it to work, but all I can think of is a bigger and stronger version of SK, kind of like The Hulk

I would have preferred Propeller, myself
>>
>>380766838
>I'm worried it's a meme game
what the fuck does that even mean
>>
>>380770553
something reddit might enjoy, god fucking forbid
>>
>>380770553
a game that's actually shit but has been memed by the internet as a good game e.g. nier automata, earth defence force 4.1
>>
>>380771952
Isn't the word for that "overrated"?
>>
>>380766838
It's a great game. For some reason I have a hard time with it.
>>
>>380772086
not really. there are overrated games, sure, but these games are not only overrated, they've been memed by the internet excessively, too. they also tend to be quite gimmicky in some ways. shovel knight has all the qualities as a potential meme game (gimmicky retro aesthetic, hipstertarian, memed excessively by the internet)

overrated games aren't necessarily memed by the internet. A good example of an overrated game that's not a meme game is System Shock 2
>>
great throwback to the 8-bit era without really feeling like an old game, if that makes sense.
>>
Look, I bash this game all the time, and beyond what I tried, I will NEVER play it any more than that. The concept is awful.

But if you think you might want knockoff DuckTales NES gameplay, by all means, get it.

But the story concept and lack of reason to do half of the gameplay (why the hell would you fish in 8 bits in 201X?) just irritates me to no end.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.