[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.5: THE MOVIE hate thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

File: 1497628595971m.jpg (70KB, 1024x464px) Image search: [Google]
1497628595971m.jpg
70KB, 1024x464px
Major issues with Infinite so far:

>Roster recycle
80% reused assets from UMVC3 down to the animations but without changing the camera angles or anything for art changes

>Day 1 DLC SFxT style
Essentially every new character except Jedah, Captain Marvel, and Ulton are all behind a pay wall despite being on the disk.

>Art/Sound design
All stylized and comic aesthetics are gone for more realistic designs to the point of making characters (especially on the capcom side) fall into the uncanny valley.

>Broken gameplay
I'm surprised nobody has brought this up, but the Stone system is absolutely broken, even more so than X factor. Note that from Combofiend's steam we learned Stone
- have infinite use for their abilities and any move can be canceled into them (spammable)
- Infinity meter is filled up either by taking damage a la ultra meter in SF4 or by using the said spammable abilities
- While in Infinity storm you gain a significant buff offensively and also have access to a level 3 super without the cost of any meter, and can be used even in the last millisecond of the the storm
- Having one of your players die grants you 50% stone meter

With this in mind, the stones no only upset the balance completely by getting rid of players weaknesses like mobility, lack of a projectile, etc. but also creates an extremely cheap reward system for strategically spamming the stones for meter.

Also given the stones free level 3 to all characters during the storm, instantly having a stone when you have a player killed a ridiculous comeback mechanic.

There is nothing to stop you from building stone meter by spamming reality spears or playing keepaway by spamming time dodge(which also functions as a plink) until your enemy has an opening while accumulating meter.

What else /v/?
>>
>>380766787
Music is trash too. The remixes for Chun and Ryu just have a layer of dubstep put on them, and a the marvel heroes lost their themes for more generic movie sounding ones.
>>
File: Fluid Racoon like Animation.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Fluid Racoon like Animation.gif
1MB, 480x270px
UMVC3 Trap Hyper Move:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay1YAgp68qQ (at 0:58, slow down to 0.5 speed to see)

>Quickly flips twice while screen is darkened to give hammer space illusion to pulling out Mad Hopper prop from out of nowhere

>MVC Infinite Trap Hyper Move:

>Pic related

>Flips 4 times while floating in mid air and camera directly only him, only to get handed the Mad Hopper from above offscreen

They literally filled the camera change and screen darkening time by repeating the startup animation twice for it, without taking into consideration how stupid it looks just flipping about like that without reason.

Then look at Dante's Ultimate, they literally just put red circles instead of reusing his Ruin textures from MVC3 and DMC3.
>>
How can they possibly make up for this?

Like it's blatant how terrible it is. And now they have real competition, so they have to either salvage this shitheap somehow, or Capcom will never be trusted again with DBZ breaking the 3v3 MARVEH hype scene
>>
File: 03.jpg (66KB, 1279x703px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
66KB, 1279x703px
>>380766787
I'd buy this game IF

>Ultimate edition will all rumored DLC
>KoF-esque graphics patch.... I'm pretty sure Combofiend said this was happening too
>$20 release

Frankly I didn't think the gameplay in the story demo was bad at all. Its no UMvC3 though and that makes me sad. Leon, Songbird, Venom and Jedah playable are very intriguing to me.
>>
File: 1497539499578.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497539499578.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uJ1JMuwiSs

>Time stone lets you string any moves together

>Barely any damage scaling

>spam heavy punch to melt 25% of player health with less than 20% meter left in just 7 hits without being able to fight back

Christ these gems are more unbalanced than the ones in SFxT
>>
File: IMG_1098.jpg (613KB, 2216x1138px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1098.jpg
613KB, 2216x1138px
Marvel vs capcom, infinite suicide watch.
>>
>>380767352
I'm disappointed in Chun and Ryu having their SF2 themes yet AGAIN, but source on the latter? Is that really true? Holy fuck, that's ridiculous.
>>
>DmC died for this
>>
>>380768476
Damn I just got sad after watching that UMvC3 Rocket trailer. I can't believe what we lost at the hands of that fucking movie and these idiots at Capcom.
>>
>>380767352
Where can I listen to these themes?
>>
>>380766787
>Essentially every new character except Jedah, Captain Marvel, and Ultron are all behind a pay wall despite being on the disk.

Gotta need a source on that. We don't even know if those characters like Black Panther will be fightable or he will just be in cutscenes.
>>
If the leaks are true why would Capcom allow themselves to be bullied by Marvel/Disney at all? They could easily find another IP to match up against their Capcom side and make the game they want to instead of having Disney suits telling them what they can and can't do.
>>
>>380771925
have you seen how big of a failure sf5 was. theres no more talent at capcom anymore it seems like they are outsourcing the majority of their work.
>>
>>380771925
>Big Disney dooleridoos

>Chance to use a massively world famous IP again

>Getting free range to reuse a 80% of the previous game and sell it again.

Sounds like post 2006 capcom to me.
>>
>>380771925
>Disney too retarded to not just fund Avengers : Gods Among Us, sabotages own products by making it less appealing to fgc
>>
At least Project Marvel looks fun. Shame no big names in the fgc will support it competitively since they're all on capcop's payroll.
https://youtu.be/7XUkFQuAGQ0
>>
>>380768946
The competition is over before it even began though? Capcom isn't going back to the drawing board so close to release, and it looks like absolute garbage compared to the Arcsys game.
>>
>>380773545
>>380772706
I guess that's why I'm so confused, it's obvious to everyone that the game is garbage, would they really value disneybucks over making a quality game and having it sell well?

>>380772247
Yeah, could be the issue. Capcom seems to be going down the SquareEnix route of having great options yet choosing all the shit ones.
>>
>>380766787
>Essentially every new character except Jedah, Captain Marvel, and Ulton are all behind a pay wall despite being on the disk.

Not that it's much of a step up or improvement, but the leak showed that there were seven new playable characters in the base roster (eight if you really want to count Thanos as new given his heavily reworked moveset).

X, Jedah, Monster Hunter, Captain Marvel, Ultron, Antman, Gamora.

That's still barely anything though. This game's roster is mindbogglingly shitty. TvC had a roster around the same size of this, but managed to use the space wisely with some smart picks from both sides. No one really complained about that game's roster.
>>
>>380771925
Street Fighter V underperformed horribly and sold like a quarter of what it was expected to on launch and still hasn't hit the number of copies it was expected to sell early on after more then a year, but Capcom is so dug into the esports thing for fighting games at this point that it's hard to back out now. They were using money from Sony to fund SFV to begin with, so I don't think they're in a good spot financially with fighting games. Meanwhile, ESPN is owned by Disney, so they're probably rolling over and doing whatever they say.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that a lot of the game's issues probably come from Disney wanting the game rushed and MCU-centric, but a lot of the other decisions are clearly Capcom's, like the emphasis on story mode and single-player content since that was a huge complaint about SFV, and probably stuff like removing DP inputs too.
>>
File: MvCI Leak.png (4MB, 1596x2132px) Image search: [Google]
MvCI Leak.png
4MB, 1596x2132px
>>380774609
Ant-Man wasn't anywhere in the leaks.
>>
>>380771925
Some months ago, I think I heard somewhere that the SF producer wanted to do crossover Nintendo vs. Capcom... I would actually be okay with this, though the gameplay might be a problem.
>>
File: 1477023555379.gif (2MB, 492x276px) Image search: [Google]
1477023555379.gif
2MB, 492x276px
>>380774609
>Captain marvel

Her normals are recycled between Storm and Phoenix. Look for yourself.

>Black Panther
$200 says they just ported over Wolverines moves to him to save money but stay in the MCU rule.

Even Combofiend was commenting constantly at E3 "Nova is the new magneto in this!" "Captain Marvel is the new Storm in this!" "Ultron is the new Sentinel in this!"
>>
>>380774518
>Guy pays you 50m dollars to make a fighting game.
>Market completely fell out of the genre, and games down sell at all.
>Pay a subcontracting studio 10m to make it instead.
>Keep 40m dollars for yourself.
>>
>>380775283
Except the fact that we know we are getting x-men as dlc they would not skip wolverine
>>
>>380775283
>Her normals are recycled between Storm and Phoenix. Look for yourself.
I'm not even surprised. Good 'ole Carol, always stealing everyone's gimmicks when Rogue isn't stealing hers.
>>
File: really capcom.jpg (740KB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
really capcom.jpg
740KB, 2988x5312px
>be at CEO

>play mahvel vs crapcom infishit

>crashes mid march
>>
>>380775418
>x-men as dlc rumor to get cucks to adopt esports pro tour
>>
File: original.jpg (78KB, 440x495px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
78KB, 440x495px
>>380775418
>Except the fact that we know we are getting x-men as dlc

How delusional are you? We already have leaked DLC see:
>>380774976

Capcom has not made a single statement about continued DLC after launch, much less anything with non-MCU in it.

Hell Captain Marvel is getting a movie in 2019 and is a hot property in "Marvel NOW!" so thats the only reason she is in there.
>>
>>380775418
Considering the heavy focus on MCU stuff, there's a very low chance of this happening.
>>
>>380774976
Probably rearranged in the first DLC package.

I don't actually mind the roster at launch; 32 is close to vanilla Marvel 3, and i was expecting a fuckton of DLCs anyway. Yeah, not having that much newcomers is a bummer and having a lot of fan-favourites removed or that have to wait to be DLC is even worse, but for how the overall roster is composed i'm fine.

That being said, i would also not mind a delay that allows more polish and the first DLC pack included in the game (being replaced by the next wave for those who pre-ordered).
>>
>>380770417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Koy021veA&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>380774976
Why is that bottom picture of the roster screenshot included? It doesn't list Spider-Man there, despite him being on the leaked file list to the left.
>>
>>380776603
>preorder now
kek
>>
File: 1497334743982.png (875KB, 1606x408px) Image search: [Google]
1497334743982.png
875KB, 1606x408px
>>
>>380776305
>That being said, i would also not mind having to wait and PAY for stuff from the original UMVC3
>>
>>380776305
You already own 80% of the game with the DLC by having UMVC3.

why would you buy a downgrade?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.