[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legitimately think this might be the best game ever. The only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: DKC5_box_art[1].jpg (183KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
DKC5_box_art[1].jpg
183KB, 250x353px
Legitimately think this might be the best game ever. The only "complaint" is Snowmads over Kremlings but they're not really any more or less interesting than the Kremlings were in the original game and far better than the Tikis.

But man that level design is literal perfection.
>>
File: 1487291733539.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487291733539.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>tfw Metroid shitters hated this game's announcement because of misplaced expectations
>tfw it turns out even better than Returns
>>
I'm not sure about being the best game ever but it's certainly one of the best 2D platformers I've played. I'm not really bothered about the lack of animal buddies, most of them were just gimmicky anyway. The only ones that I felt added to the game were Rambi (who makes a return) and Enguarde (who is rendered obsolete by the new swimming controls).
>>
>>380761560

I'm really looking forward to the next game. I think the third game is the best time to bring the Kremlings back, but I wouldn't mind if they didn't return as long as they have a cool tribe. Tikis were awful, Snowmads were pretty good, aside from the penguins.
>>
>>380762438

I'm a Metroid shitter myself but Donkey Kong is up there for GOAT Nintendo series. It's honestly a bummer so many people slept on th Wii u it had some of the best exclusives ever on a Nintendo console
>>
Tropical Freeze is probably at least on par with DKC2, though DKC2 has more interesting world themes and probably a better soundtrack.
It's a great game though.
>>
I like the game a lot but I haven't beaten it yet.

I'm not entirely sure still what makes Dong Freeze a cut above Yoshi Wooly World and Luigi U, the WiiU has excellent platformers.
>>
>>380761560
It's good but it has some flaws:
>copypasted bonus rooms
>too bright and cartoony, lacks the atmosphere of the Rare games
>secret world is disappointing, only 3 levels
I wonder if a DX edition for Switch could fix some of these.
>>
File: 1364677851010.jpg (21KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1364677851010.jpg
21KB, 429x410px
>>380763260
>It's honestly a bummer so many people slept on the Wii u it had some of the best exclusives ever on a Nintendo console
>mfw the Switch is getting the library the WiiU would have had if it was more successful
Not that I can complain. I have a nearly complete collection of WiiU games (not one of those collections of even the shovelware) and even though the console sold like shit it managed to have a bunch of great games and exclusives. I have a significant amount of playtime in nearly all of them, a bunch of 100+ hour games, and I intend to finish the rest.
I love this console, I'm going to be keeping it handy for years to come yet I think. Smash, Kart, BotW, and Xenoblade alone still get a lot of playtime but I'm going to play through any N64, Gamecube, Wii, DS, or other games I want on it as well.
>>
>>380763712

I gotta disagree on both. Everyone remembers and slobs over Stickerbrush Symphony but I rarely see anyone talk about much else. TF is just track after track of heavy hitter in varied styles to boot. Wise knocked it out of the park.

And level themes too I think are stronger. The theme park was a cool idea from DKC2 but everything else while great isn't reinventing the wheel here.

Tropical Freeze has an entire world that takes you through the process of the Snowmads harvesting fruit in one level. Chopping it up in another. Turning it into juice. Making that into jelly. And finally into popsicles.

https://youtu.be/JqHcE6B4OP4
This video came out today but he does a stellar job of explaining how Retro takes a world theme and creates from that rather than the other way around. Leading to levels that have a plethora of fresh platforming obstacles that intermingle and flow because they all connect so well.

Plus sheer creativity. He mentions sawblade minecart level, cheese wheel rocket barrel, horns and leaves level, burning forest level
>>
>>380761560
I've been thinking the same thing lately. This game has me real excited to see what Retro does next
>>
>>380761560
I entirely agree. I hope Retro gives us one more DKC game, but that all depends on Nintendo's orders I guess

In retrospect the tikis weren't that bad, they just weren't as good as the Kremlings
>>
>>380761560
I like the Snowmads better than the Kremlings for the most part, just for having a wide assortment of species among them instead of being almost entirely made up of different crocodiles. I think the only thing that really makes the Kremlings stand out is K. Rool.
>>
I enjoyed it. The faster levels I really enjoyed. Time jumps and moving at a fast pace was rewarding. Especially in the latter stages.

My only regret is I played this first then played wooly world. My mind was, play the intense game first and wind down with the easy game.

But it made a really easy game feel even easier.
>>
File: 1415362353694.png (2MB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
1415362353694.png
2MB, 700x467px
>mfw if you run Bopopolis without stopping you bop enemies in time with the music
>>
I have beaten the first 4 temple levels but man they're so fucking hard.
>>
>>380767669
Just wait till you hit the secret world.
>>
It's a fucking amazing platformer, 2D platformers are great in general now with Rayman and some really good indies

My only complaint is that the bosses all fucking suck
>>
>>380761560
I can tell you how good this game is:

I absolutely hate 2D sidescrollers, even Mario. Played Mario on Wii U before, that 2D one, hated it. Played this Rayman game before, hated it.

Bought this game because nothing else on Wii U. Loved it from first level to very last one. Loved it to death.

Maybe it's just the awesome, heavy animations of that fat gorilla and that gameplay mechanic that lets you roll off platforms and jump mid-air but this game is a 11/10.
>>
>>380764713
Sawblade minecart is one of my favorite levels, I replayed right after beating it.
>>
I hope they put this on the switch. I have it on the Wii-U but have no desire to dust the thing off and plug it in.
>>
>>380768310
you played two side scrollers and decided they were all shit?
>>
>>380761560
Too many water levels, but the best platformer ever.
>>
>>380768067
The bosses were fine
>>
>>380769183
No they weren't. The bosses were always the worst part of DKC and they took the philosophy of the original bosses and ran with them. Waiting around is not engaging.
>>
>>380768067
The bosses were fun, I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
I'm genuinely amazed OP said he thinks this is the best game and nobody in the thread has jumped in to tear the game down and call him a stupid underage cuck.

Glad you like it so much, it really is great.
>>
>>380764713
>Not mentioning World 6, which is just a condensed version of DK Island in DKC, straight down to the fucking bat.

>>380769479
If you're Cranky then you can get extra hits on against the baboons I think, but I agree the walrus is just waiting for him to do his charge move
>>
>>380761560
It's a gem for sure and unless it gets a port to Switch it's a shame many people will never play it
>>
Best music coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95HuSMQSUVo
>>
>>380761560
>The only "complaint" is Snowmads over Kremlings

This is how I know you're a fucking fanboy.

They screwed up the partner system completely.
>>
What the hell is Retro making now?
>>
File: 44068094_p0.jpg (379KB, 930x960px) Image search: [Google]
44068094_p0.jpg
379KB, 930x960px
>secret world too short
>has a ton of bonus rooms for puzzle pieces and they get painfully repetitive by the end of world 1
>oxygen meter
>Twilight Terror didn't have a longer land segment before the rocket barrel
>load times
>swapping partner system replaced with what are essentially safety nets for DK
>Diddy is pretty useless compared to the other Kongs, especially underwater
>have to unlock hard mode
>hard mode comes close, but the game still doesn't let you play as two kongs with one hit each
>final boss has no real build up
>Bashmaster was a better fight than the final boss
>ending is pretty weak compared to Returns
>you don't get to hear the full version of the credits with Wise on the sax because they wanted to keep the credits brief (not even some kind of enemy parade to extend it a bit more)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d1jTRvxZkQ
It's great, but not the best game ever.
>>
Retro performed a miracle by upping the ante with TF over Returns the same way Rare did with DKC2 over DKC1. You can really see for yourself how much they've learned from their first attempt.
>>
File: 78h.jpg (10KB, 319x316px) Image search: [Google]
78h.jpg
10KB, 319x316px
>mfw Retro is developing the sequel right nw
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.