[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think there are only 5~6 worlds in this game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: Mario_odyssey.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Mario_odyssey.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
Does anybody else find it strange that Nintendo refuses to say if there are more Worlds to this game? All we've been shown has been the same 5~6 worlds and yesterday they even said that the game was big and they were showing only a small part of those worlds.

So, I think they are the only ones available but they will be very big. Personally I don't like this approach, would much prefer smaller worlds if it meant that we would get more of them.
>>
Also, does anybody else think they are showing too much of the game? They've detailed basically everything that happened in a Kingdom from its beginning to end. They've been showing also a lot of the moons and even the fucking bosses. IMO they should have focused only on New Donk City.

Nintendo is really fucking with the marketing of this game so far, the trailers were amazing yes but why the fuck show everything in the fucking Treehouse? Keep some things a secret for fucks sake, BotW's way of showing only the Great Plateau was great, don't know why they changed it with Odyssey.
>>
I'm going to guess 9 or 10 total.
>>
>>380754332
aww SDF is now in full gear cause Mario is more popular than spiderman. how cute
>>
>>380754552
Nah, we've seen some new ones since the initial trailer, and I doubt they'd show so much if it was that small (remember what they did with Zelda)
>>
>>380754936
i think that SONY should sell Spiderman to Disney as soon as possible and go bankrupt
>>
>>380754835
But why haven't Nintendo clarified saying that there will be more Worlds? When they showed the Great Plateau in Zelda they said that it was only 2% of the map.

>>380754936
I'm not a fanboy, but Spider Man has a total of more than 10 million views if you combine all top 3 most watched videos of the most recent trailer. Odyssey has like 7 million so far I think.
>>
>>380755162
>HAVE TO count the 3 different channels
>Same people watch the same video in 3 different channels
>WE HAVE MORE VIEWS GUYS!!!! ITS TOTALLY NOT OVERLAPPING!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kcdRBHM7kM
>>
It's like many of you have short memories. This is said all the dang time whenever nintendo shows a game only for them to show they haven't even shown at least half the goods.
>>
>>380755158
homecomming took that long to be made cause Sony cockblocked Marvel studio
>>
>>380755393
It's not only Spider Man that has more views than Mario though...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1392453

Mario's trailer has only one main video, while the others were uploaded to various channels after they were revealed at the conference. Actually why the fuck am I discussing youtube views with a fanboy?
>>
>>380754332
>Metro Kingdom
>Sand Kingdom
>Wooded Kingdom
>Cascade Kingdom
>Luncheon Kingdom
>Cap Kingdom
Already at 6. There was a tweet that said there were more worlds to be shown, so my guesses, based on the unnamed islands on the world map, are
>Mushroom Kingdom (Opening world like Galaxy)
>Ice Kingdom
>Ocean Kingdom
>Ghost House Kingdom
>The Moon (Final Boss area)
>>
>>380754552
People said the same about BotW, then it turned out it was like 1% of the game.

Pretty sure it'll be the same thing here. Each world looks huge and I'm assuming there are multiple bosses per kingdom.
>>
>>380755162
So people can actually be surprised when they discover new worlds? Just like how they handled Breath of the Wild, they only showed off a few of the regions the game had, and were very tight lipped about what else you could find.
>>
>>380755728
If there was said tweet, the where the fuck is it? And who tweeted that?
>>
>>380754552
No one was forcing you to watch any of the new gameplay, retard.

I only watched the trailer once and that's it.

I swear, you retards are fucking subhumans.
>>
>>380755728
Doubt there will be a straight up Ice Kingdom, since the desert is iced over. Bet it will be a snow world full of lava
>>
>>380754552
Are you retarded? I only watched the stream for 5 min every several hours and even I managed to catch them specifically say that they were barely showing a small part of each world and they weren't allowed to show more.

Plus this is still in development so they may be adding or enlarging some stuff or refining them. For all you know, they already have DLC planned for more worlds.

Speaking of which, how is the hacking scene on this console so far.
>>
>>380755162
>But why haven't Nintendo clarified saying that there will be more Worlds
They said in the Treehouse that what they showed is just a small fraction of what is in the total game
>>
>>380755672
cause you are also a fan boy and is being a really really stupid one thinking video aggregation means unique views on every single one which is rather pathetic
>>
>>380754332
going to guess a minimum of 8 for Mario tradition
>>
>>380756048
But I haven't watched any of the treehouse footage, only some minutes of New Donk City, but it doesn't change the fact that they are showing too much and that can kill the experience for the majority of people who can't control themselves and watches all the footages. They should show only the first world and that's it, like they did with Zelda.
>>
Not a switch owner yet, but seriously gain some perspective guys. Think of each kingdom like the observatories/castle floors in 64/Galaxy and each place we have seen as paintings/galaxies. New Donk, Tostarena, Dino Island, Greenhouse, and Lake Volbono all are just likely the opening levels andnwe have seen nothing yet. We might know of the kingdoms, but surely 2-3 are missing, and just like how we got the nanes of each region of hyrule we have seen jack shit.
>>
>>380756323
Then that's there problem?

They said themselves they barely even showed the amount of content that were in those respective kingdoms.
It's not the treehouses fault people don't have self control
>>
>>380756162
>Speaking of which, how is the hacking scene on this console so far.

It'll probably take decades until the Switch gets hacked. Just buy one and the games, motherfucker.
>>
>>380756162
Nothing yet. It'll likely take longer than the Wii U since this one is using a different architecture compared to the GC/Wii/WiiU which all used the same one.
>>
>>380755728
Those islands won't be full sized kingdoms calling it now.

There will only be 6 main worlds as seen on the world map. A final 7th world will open where you fight Bowser. That's my prediction. It's puts it on par with other Mario games.

The islands will be post game areas where the toughest challenges will be.

Anyway each of the 6 worlds has a day and night version that changes things up. Plus small secret platformer areas similar to Sunshine.
>>
Battlefront II has 8.6 million views meanwhile Mario Odyssey has 7.5 million views.

Where is your god now Nintenndrones?
>>
>>380754332
From what they have shown, I get the feeling they are going to give each Mario staple a world built around it. Rather than rehashing themes over and over again for different levels. So far they have shown off
>City
>Desert
>Forest
>Food World
>Dinosaur Land
>Haunted House
City aside these are all Mario level themes, going off that concept we could also expect to see
>Ocean
>Toybox Land
>Snow/Glacier World
>Volcano/Fire World
>Abstract Shapes/Objects Land
>Space (Honestly seems really likely, with all the emphasis on the Moon stuff)
>>
>>380757081
What's that "Haunted House"? Where has it been shown?
>>
Nintendo is really good at hiding stuff, so I'd be surprised if they didn't hide more worlds.
>>
>>380757189
Nigga, they showed pratically everything that was good and creative about Skyward Sword before its reveal. Even the fucking Sand Sea.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 2556x1434px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 2556x1434px
>>380757185
The place where the ghost hat is introduced, it looks like something right out of Nightmare Before Christmas.
>>
>>380756162
>Speaking of which, how is the hacking scene on this console so far.
If it's anything like the 3DS it's at least three years (probably longer) off of the earliest stuff.
And even when it's gotten to that first point, it'll be a massive pain in the ass to do, probably taking a good few hours and there'll be several points where it could brick the console.
Getting to the point where it's so ridiculously easy to hack is like five years away.
And around then it'll be about a year and a half until the next console comes out.
>>
>>380756541
No thanks. I got burned for the last time on the Wii U and hacking allows me to try games I wouldn't even bother taking a second look at normally.

>>380756783
>>380757486
I figured as much. Thanks anons. I've got more games than I know what to do with these days anyway. I can wait.
>>
>Shows 4 worlds at reveal
OMGFF ONLY 4 LEVELS WTF NINTENDO
>Shows 2 new worls at e3
OMG ONLY 6 WORLDS

Did you learn nothing from BOTW? Nevermind that the game's japanese twitter already stated there are more worlds to come
>>
>>380754332
>game has "worlds"
Does anyone but Nintendo still do this?
>>
>>380757438
That was 6 years ago. In contrast to that, they completely kept the harder worlds of Super Mario 3D Land a secret and didn't even let reviewers mention them in their reviews.
>>
>>380754332
>implying there wont be DLC worlds
>>
>>380757798
It'll at least match Sunshine anyway. I doubt there will be as much as 64 since the worlds in Odyssey have a lot more shit and 64's worlds were pretty small. Especially ones like Snowmans land
>>
>>380757710
Seriously, if you're not poor, then you're fucking stingy.
>>
>>380757798
I'm just saying they could have at least said something like "Don't worry, there will be a lot more Kingdom/Worlds in the game", but they're outright avoiding answering any questions about more Worlds/Kingdoms.
>>
>>380757798
>game's japanese twitter already stated there are more worlds to come
Where exactly did they state that?
>>
>>380758272
The Japanese twitter account, are you dense?
>>
>>380758331
Yeah, you already said that, I want you to show me the exact tweet where its specified.
>>
>>380757993
No I'm just older, more patient, and less retarded.

I used to spends thousands on games each year. Half them ended up being ok at best, a few were great, and the rest were garbage.

These days, I don't have all day to just sit in front of my tv and play like I used to so I'm not willing to spend tons of time and money on something I may or may not like only to get burned with shit like DLC, physical DLC, and online paywalls.

You can cry all you like about it but I'm done paying for random shit only to get burned.
>>
>>380757901
>didn't even let reviewers mention
>let
That's not how reviews work.
>>
>>380758164
https://youtu.be/2NDihsmDN0Q?t=26m50s
>>
>>380758749
Not watching 30 minutes of this video, tell me which part I should see.
>>
>>380758864
>t=26m50s
>>
>>380758659
That is indeed how reviews work, if the reviewer wants to get review copies in the future.
>>
>>380759342
How is it a review if the publisher can forbid you from saying thigns?
That's just advertisement.
>>
>>380757993
To be quite honest I get where he's coming from.
I desperately hope people support the games Nintendo puts out when they deserve it.
However as someone who's very poor myself I've been pirating every game I play but I'm still a moralfag in every way.

I absolutely can't not buy the game afterwards if I enjoyed it and if I get to do that on a Nintendo system,
I have the freedom of actually checking out as much of the game as I want until I feel comfortable with buying it,
and to be very honest with you, I feel like I end up buying more games if I get to pirate them first
because more likely then not the games I pirate are those that I feel are probably good games
but I just hesitate to make that first step when it#s immediately met with a paywall.

I never bought Tokyo Mirage Sessions,
I'm pretty sure playing that game for 10-15 hours would've probably convinced me to at least buy the game to put it on my shelf.

I can't say I can justify piracy because I know it's not good in any way.
But if I was a developer I'd let everyone pirate my game no matter how much it costs because I can relate to that.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.