[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GUYS I THINK RETRO IS DEVELOPING HALF-LIFE 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1476320329079.gif (967KB, 270x252px) Image search: [Google]
1476320329079.gif
967KB, 270x252px
Hear me out on this. We know Retro isn't working on Metroid. We know that Alexander Brandon, the composer for Deus Ex and Unreal is working with Retro, which would fit well with Half-Life. We also know that Tanabe isn't working with Retro, even though Tanabe is the producer for nearly all non-Nintendo made Nintendo projects. This makes sense in two ways, it means there's a good chance Retro isn't working on a Nintendo project, and Valve would likely want themselves overseeing production, meaning they get their producer from there. Nintendo has also been much more flexible lately. Valve would certainly want themselves to publish it, and would want to include Steam with any console versions (they did this with Portal 2). Well, Nintendo agreed to allow Xbox Live on Switch in order to get Minecraft crossplay, and they're allowing Ubisoft to self-publish Mario X Rabbids, indicating they'd let Valve do both of these. Valve being the publisher would again, render Tanabe moot.

Think about it. It's 2014, and Valve really wants to start work on VR titles now that they have a system in development, but they've been working on Half Life 3 since Portal 2. Luckily for them, a company with an award-winning reputation just finished their latest game, and their parent company is in trouble, desperately needing a killer app. So Valve goes to Retro/Nintendo, and says 'You develop Half-Life 3 for us for free and to our standards, and you get console exclusivity.' They've contracted Half-Life out before, so they'd have no qualms with doing it again. Again, I know this sounds insane, but this was right around the time that they also greenlit Mario X Rabbids. It would also explain why we've heard absolutely nothing from them, because Valve is running the show and they don't want anything getting revealed until it's ready.
>>
Too good for be true.
>>
File: 1484431560480.png (50KB, 1314x1054px) Image search: [Google]
1484431560480.png
50KB, 1314x1054px
>>380754254
This desu but I want this to be true
>>
>>380753116
Kek. Really anon, you tried but I don't think this is a good day to make this kind of jokes.
>>
>>380753116
>console exclusivity
So it would be on pc as well, ie the only suitable platform for an fps. I don't see that benefiting Nintendo at all desu.
>>
>>380753116
Star tropics 3
>>
>>380753116
They're not gonna do shit.

HL3 is their ace in the hole for when business is bad. So, ironically, if you want to see HL3, only buy from GOG or Win 10 store from now on
>>
retro was helping nintendo build the dev kits for switch. they are probably just starting a new game.

or theyre just doing a shitty donkey kong game again
>>
>>380753116
>leddit life 3

N-No thanks
>>
>le retro studios maek half lif tree xD
Is this the second biggest cancer behind Platinum Games?
>>
ricochet
>>
>>380759687
>bumping a thread
>on page 3

Really?
>>
>>380757843
This is kinda brilliant really. Like a failsafe. They've probably had the game completed for years and just update the graphics periodically to match what's current. When or if dota and shit fails they can be all "looks guise we've got hl3" and everyone will love them again.
>>
>>380753116
>HALF-LIFE 3
Don't even go there, it's not happening.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 450x338px
>>380759757
I believe he means the Valve game.
>>380753116
Retro ain't doing jack shit. Just playing the slots with all their Kong money and prank calling Miyamoto.
>>
File: 753.png (308KB, 612x416px) Image search: [Google]
753.png
308KB, 612x416px
>>380753116
>We know that Alexander Brandon, the composer for Deus Ex and Unreal is working with Retro
Is this true?
>>
>>380760398
https://www.facebook com/AlexanderBrandonMusic/posts/10154502222642621
>>
File: 1476243205343.gif (2MB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
1476243205343.gif
2MB, 225x169px
>>380761106
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.