[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vanquish.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: Vanquish-PC.jpg (531KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Vanquish-PC.jpg
531KB, 1920x1080px
Vanquish.
>>
General Consensus.
The game feels more like a proof of concept than a full game. It's too short and the environments have little variety. The suit triggering slow-mo at low health is bad game design and counter-intuitive to the gameplay. The PC port has a bunch of game-breaking bugs.
>>
>>380748829
Not God Hand, but still great. Definitely better than all Gears games combined.
>>
File: Into the.jpg (77KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Into the.jpg
77KB, 600x800px
>>380748829
I wish i could.
>>
>>380749462
>The game feels more like a proof of concept than a full game.
That's stupid, quit parrotting it.
>It's too short and the environments have little variety.
Same complaint as with God Hand. It's not a setpiece AAA. It's an action game. Look for complexity and variety in gameplay, not backgrounds. For example, there are more enemy types than in any Gears game.
>The suit triggering slow-mo at low health is bad game design and counter-intuitive to the gameplay.
It's triggered when you die, not when your health is low. It's a two-strike system similar to Mario or Ghosts 'n Goblins.
>The PC port has a bunch of game-breaking bugs.
Works on my machine ;) Seriosuly, though what fucking bugs?
>>
>>380749867
is that le trash man? XD
>>
>>380749945
>there are more enemy types than in any Gears game.
that isn't saying much. it's still lackluster.
>>
>>380750130
You know him too? Epic! He's a pretty obscure meme XD
>>
>>380750226
It's not. The game constantly introduces new enemies to the very end and then creatively combines and recombines enemies in challenge missions and harder modes. Fucking play it.
>>
>>380750473
they recycle bosses too. in a 3 hour game, that is unacceptable.
>>
>before PC port
>IT'S THE BEST TPS GAME GUYS, IT GOES CUHRAAAAZY

>after PC port
>heh, it's good
>>
>>380750813
>in a 3 hour game
Be honest. Did you play Vanquish? I mean, at all? Did you EVER play it?
>>
>>380750993
yes twice. first on ps3, then on PC. It is that short if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>380749462
Why are you parroting Yahtzee word for word instead of forming your own opinions?
>>
>>380750984
>consolefags are enjoying the game because they spent the money to play the fucking games
>pcfags are criticizing everything because they spent the money to do spreadsheets and they are certainly not in the mood for silky smooth 60 fps
>>
>>380751205
because he is always correct.
>>
>>380751128
On Easy or what?
>>
>>380751396
on normal and hard. take away the time spent on cutscenes, it's like half and hour shorter. Just admit your game sucks already.
>>
>>380751626
And you beat it on Hard in three hours? Do you honestly believe your own words?
>>
File: prevrec.png (677KB, 866x437px) Image search: [Google]
prevrec.png
677KB, 866x437px
who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>380751817
git gud bitch.
>>
>>380751856
Vanquish is trash, so Jack.
>>
The game is great but they should've played around with the environments more, the most memorable moments are when the stages where coming apart, or when they're playing around with zero G and shit blowing up everywhere, there should've been more of that. And also instead of so many sections where you're stuck on rails inside a confined space there should've been sanic levels where you have infinite boost while going down some sonic highway while shooting and dodging.
>>
>>380751276
No, man. My point is the fans are vocal because nobody played it. Now it's out on PC where everyone, at least here, able to play it and it turns out to be good albeit overrated. So everyone shut up.
>>
>>380751885
I got very good at Vanquish. But getting good at Vanquish definitely took me more than three fucking hours. To be honest, I don't think you're good at all, and I sure as fuck don't think you ever beat the game in three hours on hard.
>>
>>380751626
I'm sorry you didn't like the game but quit bullshitting, my man.
>>
>>380752293
Nigga, most people can beat in 3-5 with cutscenes.
>>
>>380752005
So...Jack was in the wrong? I mean, you say Vanquish is trash and Rich was the one defending it.
>>
File: contempt.jpg (67KB, 647x697px) Image search: [Google]
contempt.jpg
67KB, 647x697px
>>380751856
Maybe the guy who more than likely ignored the tutorial, refused to learn the mechanics, and thought that the only way to go into slowmo was by aiming while boosting (which overheats you very quickly)
>>
>>380752538
Of course, and much faster, like all games, but it takes at least twice more than 3-5 hour to beat the game on your first playthrough. Unless you're playing on Easy or Normal.
>>
Dissapointment of the century. I had been hyped to play this game for years due to /v/s circlejerking over it only to find out it's only average and Binary Domain is a much better game.
>>
>>380751856
In all seriousness, when was the time where they actually right? The only time that it did happened was the whole Order 1886 review mostly because they were reviewing a movie.
>>
>>380751856

Can't fucking stand Jack. This is the guy who REFUSES to use an emulator even if he owns the full game, the console and running the ROM through the game CD. He refuses out of principle.
>>
File: 1497608869608.jpg (133KB, 500x570px) Image search: [Google]
1497608869608.jpg
133KB, 500x570px
>>380748829
what did you guys think about the red letter media review of vanquish? Should AIDSmoby be forever banned from voicing his opinions?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_UaQ0xmWNY
>>
>>380752778
>Binary Domain is a much better game
Literally how? Binary Domain had absolutely garbage gameplay and the only unique thing it did was limb damage.
>>
>>380753129

Satisfying combat,fun Characters, good story, Interesting levels etc.
>>
>>380748829
I just can't force myself to finish it.
It's just so fucking boring.
>>
>>380752778
Incorrect
https://youtu.be/0iVtH0Fbjx4
>>
>>380753753

Who is this piece of shit and why should i care about his "opinion"?
>>
File: stirner shiggy.jpg (157KB, 992x880px) Image search: [Google]
stirner shiggy.jpg
157KB, 992x880px
>>380753129
Vanquish is clunky trash. Jack is right that there really isn't an incentive to move from cover in the game. Same shit with Devil May Cry. Sure, you can claim that the combo system has sick-nasty prospects for showing your skills, but if you can more efficiently get through the game by abusing one powerful easy combo then the game getting boring is the developers' fault, not the player's.
>>
Gonna jump the gun on this game soon. But I have 2 other platinum games to beat on my PC first, and I beat Bayonetta once and want to put time into the harder difficulty. Plus another action game I still need to beat.

I'm excited to try and play it with my steam controller. Does anyone know if it has simultaneous input support?
>>
>>380753982
>Jack is right that there really isn't an incentive to move from cover in the game.
This. Instead of giving the generic grunt robots huge damage on harder difficulties, they should have made them grenade you out of cover more often. Well, it seems like they try to, but the grenades always miss.

The enemies that actually force you out of cover are pretty non threatening. It's easy enough to blast off their heads or just kite them around while you kill the real threats (the grunt bots).
>>
>>380755818
>have made them grenade you out of cover more often
Have you even played god hard? There's a reason people call it grenade spam mode.
>>
>>380756271
Have you? The grenades land everywhere but where you're standing.
>>
>>380753982
>>380755818
You CAN stay in cover throughout the story mode & get away with it, but the very fact that the game logs the proportion of time that you spend in it means it calls you out on being a wuss, basically

That & the fact that the story is pretty much a warm-up for the challenges, in which you absolutely cannot get away with just hiding in cover for anything more than a fag break
>>
I prefer Binary Domain after all.
>>
>>380758320
>You CAN stay in cover throughout the story mode
>the story is pretty much a warm-up for the challenges, in which you absolutely cannot get away with just hiding in cover
So the story gets you warmed up for the challenges by letting you use tactics you can't use in the challenges?
>>
>>380751856
I'm in the same situation as Jack, though I enjoyed the game more than I think he did.
The game's fun, it's just not (or no longer) special.
>>
>>380759732
Yes.

I don't really know what kind of answer you were expecting there
>>
>>380750984
console users blow their exclusives out of proportions to rationalize their boxes, nothing is new really

GTA V was exactly that, incredibly underwhelming game, just used as shitposting fuel really.

Vanquish feels quite repetitive even with how short it is.
>>
>>380759948
How come it's no longer special? Are there others similar in speed/spectacle/flashiness to it? Pls recommend
>>
anarchy reigns when?????
>>
File: MaxPayne2HD.jpg (607KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MaxPayne2HD.jpg
607KB, 1920x1080px
>>380760268
Max Payne 1/2 are slower but did slowmo before, and no cover retardation. Also longer and has a better story and art style.
>>
>>380753982

this is called accessibility, so that my dad can play and as people have said play the harder modes
>>
>>380760268
AFAIK the game was unique because Vanquish has mechanics about moving around fast but the vidya industry of 2017 has seen a ressurgence of fast-paced games so that's not a noteworthy feature.
You can hear this argument fully fleshed out in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTGmRedBqQ

If you want something fast and flashy you could play D44M.
>>
>>380760256
In the context of GTA V, everyone (literally everyone, it's the best selling game for recent years) already knew that it was underwhelming and the NEVER EVER is just a meme to bait that it never will come out on PC. Vanquish is a bit different, it wasn't selling that much and the fans are the minority who are also Platinum fans so they got too vocal in here for years.
>>
>>380758320
>the very fact that the game logs the proportion of time that you spend in it means it calls you out on being a wuss, basically
Yeah, so the fuck what? How about you give me an actual disadvantage instead of a consquence-less number.
>>
>>380760795
I didn't enjoy Vanquish as much as I enjoyed other Platinum games. It really lacks enemy variety, level design is piss poor, bland art style, how short it is. It's faster than third person shooters, but I found myself just spamming slides because on hard you eventually auto trigger slowmo often, and after running out you're fucked. Just being faster than Gears of War isn't enough to make it as good as people claim it to be.
>>
>>380749945
Damage is calculated for 30fps, at 60 you take double, and 120fps you take 4x damage
>>
>>380761721
This has been fixed at least a week ago.
>>
>>380761721
That was almost immediately fixed, care to try again?
>>
>>380752778
They're two different games.
One's a fast game with a huge focus on gameplay and the other's a slow character based game.
Binary Domain had the more robotic robots, tighter focus and less annoying snipers, while Vanquish has more fluid and open gameplay.
>>
>>380762775
Binary Domain has much bigger enemy variety and bosses, Vanquish is enemy recycling fest. It gets old. Classic Doom for example wasn't just a fast game, it had remarkable level design and great enemy variety.
>>
I'm still waiting on a sale to get this and Bayonetta for 20€/each 10€.
I already own both on PS3, but one I just can't play on a controller and the other ran like garbage.

I'm happy the PC versions, after some bug fixing, are really good.
>>
>>380760268
It's no longer special because /v/ starts hating games the exact moment they get pc ports.
>>
>>380748829
The only fun parts in the game are the parts where you're alone. Meaning 15%
>>
I loved the game on PS3. But I fell in love with it way AFTER beating the game on Hard. The challenges mode is where it's at. You NEED to learn the game to beat those unlike the main story where you can just play it like Gears or sth. The game didn't click until I had to get my shit together and learn the mechanics properly
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.