[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo Is Holding The Game Industry back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: NintendoLines.jpg (101KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
NintendoLines.jpg
101KB, 960x639px
I really hate to say it but should we really be allowing Nintendo to exist when most of their audience is middle aged white men? This is the group that has held back gaming from reaching it's true potential.. Take Zelda for instance you're still rescuing the princess after 30 years where as other games like Horizon and Mass Effect allow you to play as a female character. Zelda also has the issue of puttting in non-human characters in place of real actual minorities who badly need representation in video games. All of Nintendo's big games coming out this year also featuring predominantly white characters from Splatoon 2, to Mario, to Xenoblade. ARMS only has one black female character who was immediately defiled and turned into some sexual object by the white men that make up Nintendo's fan base. ARMS also had an excessive bunch of non-human characters too who could have also been real minorities but they opted to ignore these groups and put in some made up creatures instead as an insult. the new Mario game also features whites in it's 1950's styled Donk City environment. There is no variation among the NPCs at all and everything is oppressively conservative. Cities are currently suffering major problems like food desserts and income wealth inequality which I can guarantee nintendo has chosen to ignore in the Mario game. You really shouldn't put in a representation of a culture in a game without having a full understanding of it and all the problems it's facing from the westernized world. Then they double down and put in something stupid like a dinosaur in the game and think that will make their moral mistakes all better. Xenoblade is still all white and just really drives home how Nintendo adhreres to the old way of making games and still thinking that it's the 80's or 90's and not realizing that people are hungry for diverse games like Horizon Zero Dawn or The new Uncharted game.
>>
>>380741327
nice pasta
>>
Stop it anon. Poe's law, remember? You're playing with fire
>>
>>380742684
This. Please stop, OP.
>>
>>380741327
4/10 for a decent but ultimately futile effort
>>
reddit spacing: a space between every line
4chan spacing: no spaces
>>
>>380741327
Holy shit, please learn how to format your posts before posting it. Do you not know what paragraphs are?
>>
>>380741327
fuck yourself

sega
>>
>>380741327
I'll bite.

You're imposing your cultural dissatisfaction with America onto a Japanese company. They develop games primarily for their domestic audience which has a different culture and preference than America. You're being as imperialistic and controlling as the group that you think is to blame.

Tl;dr you're the problem OP.
>>
>>380741327
I'm not reading that
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.