[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 11280534-6204390218002742.jpg (73KB, 475x600px) Image search: [Google]
11280534-6204390218002742.jpg
73KB, 475x600px
thoughts?
>>
Well, it certainly is a video game.
>>
Good setting and lore elements, everything else is pretty ass. Characters are forgettable and/or walking tropes. Combat is batman/asscreed but clunkier and with cooldown abilities, except that you can actually completely exploit the clunkiness and poor AI and it loses all challenge.

If you can get it for cheap it's worth a look.
>>
>>380735010
Is pretty fun, its like a lost PS2 game. It made me happy.
>>
>>380735367

actually on other sites, people have been calling the combat one of the most interesting systems of the current gen...
>>
>>380735367
>Characters are forgettable and/or walking tropes
Trope isn't a bad thing though. Can you go into a bit more detail?
>>
It's alright.
Leagues better than Bound by Flame, so I'm looking forward to Greedfall.
Amelia is best girl.

Also, ending is a kick in the nuts.
>>
looks like a nice setting
>>
>google game name
>universally panned by critics

I'll put it on my pirate backlog.
>>
>>380736258
>universally panned by critics
So it might be worth playing.
>>
>>380735010
Spiders consistently appears to be 10 years away from making a really great game. Good ideas, terrible execution, combat is still not engaging but it's all a step in the right direction.
Definitely suffers from their "rushed third act" syndrome.
>>
>>380735821
Tropes aren't a bad thing, characters who have elements of tropes aren't a bad thing. Characters who are the literal embodiment of tropes are bad/lazy.

We have
>Babbling mad scientist who says le funny random things
>Sensei who dies to move the plot along
>Schoolyard bully who is a dick just because
>Mechanic chick who is a tomboy
>Big slab of meat who is actually smart
>Vaguely arab merchant man who will help... FOR A PRICE
>Genocidal Hitler racial cleansing big evil man

The protagonist himself is meant to be a blank slate but he's voiced so he ends up being duller than he could have been. There isn't a lot of depth to any of the characters listed above other than a little background info that doesn't do a ton of character development or mean much in the long term.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMiAHM9DOeE
Good review.
>>
>>380736393

Yeah i honestly find that a lot of times too. Gameranx liked it tho, called it very flawed but addicting. They tell the truth usually.
>>
>>380735707
I disagree. While the player combat is varied, though clunky, the enemy AI is extremely simple and baitable to the point that you can actually consistently force them to perform the same actions and punish them without much effort.

Like >>380736408 said it's a step in the right direction but it's not there yet.
>>
>>380736514
I like depth to characters but simple characters can work. I'll probably pick it up if it goes under 10 on sale.
>>
>>380736894
I would actually recommend the game at 10. It's not actively frustrating to play and I enjoyed the lore, some of the story and even some of the gameplay but not strongly enough to recommend it for full price.
>>
Horrible character design, horrible animations, hilariously bad storyline, and dear god the terrible combat.

Give it a look if you are entirely starved for games and don't mind playing the bladest cast of stale blank sheets you will find, otherwise just put it on the bottom of the backlog.
>>
File: aaaaaa.png (8KB, 522x124px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa.png
8KB, 522x124px
>>380735010
Sounds like a trap
>>
>>380736674

I think the combat really takes some getting some getting used to, moreso than any other game i played. I can imagine that it's pretty enjoyable once you got it down, though
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.