[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another monster hunter thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_2017-06-16-09-51-08-1.png (246KB, 1080x990px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-16-09-51-08-1.png
246KB, 1080x990px
Reminder that being able to move slowly while healing is not a valid criticism of MHW when in previous titles you could zone out for free.
>>
Seems like your self-imposed challenge of never touching a girl is working out just fine though :^)
>>
>>380734896
>No more safe spaces to heal in
>You actually need to find your own pots
It balances out either way. Also, post best monster in terms of:
>Fun to fight
>Aesthetic
>Background ecology
>Armor set
>>
Zoning out isn't considered casual, it's considered hugely inefficient and a gamble as there is a big chance of you getting smacked again as you enter the zone
>>
>>380735009
Not an argument
>>
>Y is awful, at least MHW doesnt have Y
>Y IS ANNOUNCED FOR MHW
>nevermind, Y is essential you old guard, stop being entitled
>>
>>380735147
I've went through g rank and that has never happened

>>380735381
Don't like moving while healing? Don't move while healing.
>>
>>380735343
Yeah it is, virgin
>>
>>380735653
Mmk, assmad nintenbro ;)
>>
File: 1414601353302.jpg (798KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1414601353302.jpg
798KB, 1280x1024px
>there are people who actually run away into a different zone just to heal
>>
>>380734896
the only thing I'm going to miss with these are the animations that had character. Both the flex and the panic run animations are gone, moving while sharpening will be nice though, since I've always wanted dynamic sharpening animations. This is a big reason why I loved how Mind's Eye Oils are handled in XX when Chaos Oil is activated
>>
>>380735765
>there are people who actually move at all while healing
>there are people who need to heal at all
>>
>>380735829
Panic run is still in my senpai and they haven't said that you can move while sharpening.
>>
>>380734896
You fuck, that's not equivalent. Zoning out takes time and depending on the size of the zone you are in, could be dangerous to even run to the zone wall in the first place. Leaving the zone in single also means you don't know what the monster is doing, you could load into an attack and get hit again.

Aside from that, you can't deny that there are times you have taken a potion while with the monster and would have been safe if you were just a little bit to the side. Being able to move means that moments like this are way more likely to mean you avoid it, even if your move speed is a crawl.

The only reason they could have wanted you to be able to move while using items is because of complaints from people that tried to pick up the series and dropped it.

>But that means the player base will be higher

Yes, with players that refuse to adapt. They will run at the monster again and again, backing off to heal. They will treat it like Dark Souls and complain when they get bodied and then hit their stun threshold. But oh, that won't matter, since there aren't lives anymore. Players aren't getting punished for being shit.
>>
>>380735741
I only have a hacked 3ds and emulated literially every nintendo console on my pc. try harder permavirgin
>>
>>380736494
Kek. They say that literally every time

>>380736469
Lel. Only read the first 2 sentences. Zones are never too big and you will always be able to run away. Literally never had a problem getting away when I needed to even in G rank
>>
>>380735848
there is a very big difference between not doing something because it's a big waste of time and not doing something purely because "muh hardcores"

you couldn't have made a weirder comparison if you tried
>>
>>380737086
>they
who is they? people who are fans of the series? Of course they have the devices needed to play the game.

Also I don't believe you are confidant to do that even in G rank
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
People complaining about moving and healing shouldnt be allowed to use lock on, its only fair they keep the same gameplay mechanics

>>380737086
Also stay mad
>>
This needs to go ahead and come out and bomb already so we can go back to comfy handheld MH
>>
>>380737625
>he took a picture

Lmao. You thought I actually cared. I'm just standing in a long ass line buying clothes for a wedding tomorrow and shitposting to past time ;)

>>380737531
>don't be an idiot and run away when the monster is about to charge at you
>congrats, you can run away every time for free to heal and sharpen
>>
>>380734896
>be fighting monster in the middle of the zone
>Get into critical health
>risk putting weapon away and gunning for one of the exit zones at critical health
>lose a ton of damage uptime and risk the monster changing areas
Or
>wait for an opening and take a quick sippie

As opposed to
>Just drink and move sideways lmao
>>
>>380737867
What are you trying to say? The risk is much lower compared to moving out of the zone to heal since there is a longer time you spend without a heal, plus you have no idea where the monster is when you return, while walking and healing carries significant less risk since it is instant and you never loose position of the monster

But since you are a self-admitted shitposter this is the last you I give
>>
>>380736469
>The only reason they could have wanted you to be able to move while using items is because of complaints from people that tried to pick up the series and dropped it.

This is my biggest problem with the change. These little quirks are what make Monster Hunter Monster Hunter, and not just some other open world action series. And they're losing its identity making these changes to appeal to people who weren't interested in the series. That's just selling out at this point.

I would have had no problem if you could move a little bit while downing a potion, but under no circumstances should the flex be dropped.
>>
>>380737867
>only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>380738665
>made you waste time replying, taking pictures IRL, and uploading them

Who's the real retard? [think emoji]
>>
>using Mimi and not clover
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-16-11-05-20.png (292KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-16-11-05-20.png
292KB, 1080x1920px
>>380740221
?
>>
File: Angry loli.jpg (44KB, 229x231px) Image search: [Google]
Angry loli.jpg
44KB, 229x231px
NO MUSIC DURING COOKING, NO BUY
>>
>>380740447
That's Mimi you faggot
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.