[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tekken 7 Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: a.png (61KB, 222x222px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
61KB, 222x222px
>when they can't deal with the hwoarang mix-ups
>>
Do I really need to dash around like a spastic to play neutral in this shit?
>>
>>380728803
yes.
>>
>>380729019
And here I thought anime shit was bad with all the air dashing. Time to learn that korean backdash cancer.
>>
Hwoarang mains and Eddy mains need to die I CAN'T HANDLE ALL THESE LOW MID STOP IT PLEASE JUST KILL ME
>>
>>380728418
tips to ewgf? i can do them sometimes but not consistently
>>
>>380730261
Just keep practicing, also it's much more easier to do it in the player two side.
>>
>Can't rank up from Fighter
It all goes down from here.
>>
>>380728418
No one can deal with strong Hwoarang mix-ups. He is by far the strongest mix-up character in the game for a reason.
>>
What do I do if I'm on the floor or at the wall?
>>
>>380730513
Don't hold backwards, just roll with 1 or 2.
>>
>>380730513
There are quite a few options on the floor. Watch a wake up guide on youtube. Don't panic at the wall and block without randomly pressing buttons, you can either get out of there with B, B, U/B or sidestepping when the time is right.
>>
>>380728418
This game gave me the best laugh I've had in a game in years.
>I'm Asuka Fighting some Grand Master Lars with 150+ wins
>he just keeps spamming some jab/medium strings ( no idea what it's called - I've played tekken for like 14 hours) and can't deal with it.
>Lost two rounds free
>Alright fucker I'll do nothing but hold reversal
>He kills himself for six straight rounds just hitting me in the reversal stance
>1 minute later we are matched again
>6 straight rounds of this, 4 of them perfects

I almost lost some rounds at the end because I couldn't stop laughing like a retard. I even tried to whiff lows and full body moves while he was down to clue him in to use those but he kept doing the same shit. I don't get it - how is it possible to just not at least try something different than just spamming the same 3 mid/high moves?

Thanks for reading my blog
>>
>destroying Hwoarangs and Eddys with my demoman and deathfist mix-ups

feels good
>>
>>380732434
Must be a brazilian
>>
>only like claudio, lee, lili, alisa
>they're shit

what do

also, anyone else play on keyboard? how do you like it? I can't do combos on my controller because the buttons are a piece of shit so I'm learning keyboard.
>>
>Hwoarang is playable
>While Baek is nowhere in the game
T-Thanks Namco.
>>
>>380732908
Keyboard is actually really good in Tekken.
My setup is WASD movement and UI punches, JK kicks.
>>
>>380728803
You really don't. KBD won't help you until you're out of scrubs ranks. Learning button buffering/juggles/punishers is way more important first.
>>
>>380732908
Alisa is pretty good, git gud
>>
>>380732908
Half-circle movement is hard to pull off on keyboard
>>
>>380733560
Mate it's easy, literally do a down then forward quickly.
>>
>>380732908
I just laid my hands down on the keyboard in a natural resting position and bound those keys to movement and attack buttons.

Some of the more wacky movement commands are the only things I have a hard time pulling off.
>>
>>380733729
Half-circle, not quarter-circle.
Usually what happens for me is the input goes from d/b directly to d/f skipping the d.
>>
>>380733849
What move is that? Is it one of King's grabs?
>>
>>380733365
That's really basic stuff, I'm okay with grinding that in training mode. Movement seems so much more important here.
>>
>>380733916
King, Nina, Jack, Raven, Akuma, Devil Jin and someone else, have some half circle moves.
>>
>>380733951
Movement is important but not until you reach Yellow ranks. It doesn't matter how well you can move if you can't capitalize your damage.
>>
>>380734290
Oh yeah, those are definitely a pain in the ass to play in the keyboard. Especially Jack's sweep move, very very essential to his arsenal. Just keep on practicing I guess.
>>
>>380734391
Basic punishes take no effort. This is my first Tekken game so I have absolutely no idea of frame data therefore I'm mostly guessing on punishes/pressure. I'd rather outspace my opponent than take it up the ass up close and guess when to hit jab.
>>
>>380730261
Make sure you press d/f and at the same time. You just have to practice
>>
>>380728418
Literally me

>tfw playing a character with a shit low game
I have to say some low/mid strings feel so fucking cheap, but I can't really complain since it basically just boils down to me being fucking awful at this game.
>>
>>380734875
Don't worry at higher ranks people get punished for doing unsafe lows.
>>
>>380734875

i feel like as a noob you can just eat some of the lows that come out of the strings

lows that are slow enough to launch you are typically reactable, so just make sure you block and punish those
>>
>>380735074
I still feel like I'm missing out on easy damage.
Especially when I see people doing shit that goes from a low into a 30% damage launcher combo.

I'm just salty I can't block low to save my life
>>
>>380735428
It's alright man, do you mean an unsafe low like Dragunov's B 2, 1, 3?
>>
>>380735570
I honestly can't remember which ones were the worst.
I remember having some problems with Hwoarang, Law and Lili.

I think I just need to get used to everyone's moves so I can react better, because right now I just get caught off guard every single time since I'm too focused on analyzing whatever string I was just hit with.
>>
>>380735883
Yeah man, just keep playing and improve your reflexes. Punishing after blocking a low is one of the most satisfying things in this game.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.