[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pirate MP games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (45KB, 416x234px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 416x234px
>Skull and Bones
>Sea of Thieves
>Blackwake

which one /v/?
>>
>>380728261
Sea of Thieves looks amazing and I already have quite a few friends interested in buying it.
>>
>>380728261
pirates 101
>>
>>380728426
Am buying sea of thieves myself. Looks nice.
>>
Whichever one is the ubisoft one, not that one.

Sea of Thieves looks passable.
>>
>>380728261
Why pirate mp games?
>>
>>380728261
Man'O'War Corsair is also in development
>>
>>380728261
Skull of Bones is Black Flag's so-so naval combat but with no boarding or on lamd gameplay. It looks dreadful.
Blackwake is similar but has a fleshed out set of mechanics surrounding the combat/navigation/etc. that make it more than JUST deathmatch, plus good customisation.
Sea of Thieves is the only one thats a "pirate" simulator rather than a "naval combat" simulator but the closed beta is pretty bad since it has fuck all content, tiny settlements with nothing to do, and lacking ship customisation.

Blackwake for now, SoT if it actually gets fixed later on.
>>
>>380728261
Skull and bones will have traditional ubisoft shit
Sea of thieves looks good
Blackwake is youtube bait
>>
>>380728261
Sea of thieves
Boarding inside was one of my dream
>>
>tfw pirating a game about pirates
>>
>>380728918
What's youtube bait about Blackwake?
>>380728972
well blackwake has boarding with 50 players instead of just 8, SoT looks more like a Co-op game than PVP
>>
eve online
>>
>>380728261
Metroid has the best pirates.
>>
>>380729278
Youtube bait is just a game where you record your self doing something stupid like ''DOOD IM ON FIRE LOOK HAHAHAH WE ARE ABOUT TO DIE OMG''

Like you play expecting something funny or exciting to happen. The game doesn't look too bad but I can see how he was right about it being youtube bait. SoT might be the winner but even then it's kind of limited.
>>
>Skull and Bones is Assassin's Creed pirating without even being able to board enemy ships

Awful. Sea of Thieves looks like it could be really fun under the right circumstances. That water looks incredible.
>>
>>380728261
they are all going to be No Man's Sea
except for the Ubisoft one, that one will just suck
>>
>>380729407
I get why the trailer might give that impression, but it really is a fun PvP naval shooter, besides ragdolls being silly at times it really doesn't lend itself to dumb youtube videos.

While SoT looks fun, I fear that will never have enough content and variety to make it worthwile.

Skull and Bones looks like a multiplayer version of Black Flag without what made it interesting, so Blackwake for me.
>>
>>380728261
Sea of thieves on PC unless it's not crossplay.
>>
All they had to do was take asscreed 4 and remove the assassins.

How could they fuck up so bad.
>>
sea of thieves has no content, they took like 1 year to only add 2 basic features and no improvements for core gameplay

skull and bones is ubisoft with PC being primary platform for testing/initial development

blackwake is fucking trash you can play it right now and see for yourself

i'd say skull and bones, only if they add features like walking around your ship, swashbuckling, and more like a PERSON on a ship rather than controlling a ship like its a set character from a moba or some shit

id also say skull and bones because its got the most potential, is still in infancy/ development stage while the rest are already conceived and tangible
>>
>>380728261
What's with the sudden influx of pirate games?
>>
>>380730391
Black Flag was successful.
>>
>>380730143
>Windows 10 exclusive

pahahahaha yeah no
>>
File: IMG_5986.jpg (565KB, 1767x2613px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5986.jpg
565KB, 1767x2613px
>>380730069
Skull and bones look like for Honor to me
>>
>>380730546
Hey look at me I'm the guy who knows the secret that windows 10 is actually evil I feel bad for you plebs who don't have my sage wisdom hahaha

Whats it like to be a complete fucking retard?
>>
>>380730716
skull and bones is the most functional feature complete and its just like a concept demo

other games are completely devoid of everything, black wake isnt even a fucking game, shit shouldve been a mod for source, because thats what it is
and sea of thieves is most overhyped trash, its got nothing going for it, its basically 15 dollar indie title going on e3 center stage more than no man's sky and has less content than it too
>>
>>380730892
>implying I'm talking about the operating system
>not the god awful fucking microsoft store front/client

I have Windows 10, but don't let that stop you from being a massively wrong cunt.

>Whats it like to be a complete fucking retard?

You tell me, friendo
>>
>>380728261

Skull and Bones seems really shitty and boring.

It's not really a pirate game, just a 17th century naval battle game.
>>
>>380730975
That's my point, "friendo". It's not hard to use the win10 store to install something.
>>
>>380728261
Blackwake
>>
>>380731205
>No SLI/Crossfire.
>Windows 10 store download is buggy.
>No refund policy explained.
>Vsync is always on.
>Always borderless window - no full screen
>Can't launch it via the exe (So adding it as a non steam game will not work)
>No fps/hardware monitor software works with it.
>You need to take control of the folder as admin if you want access to the files.
>Mouse software which lets you create custom binds for each game doesn't work.
>no mods.

No yeah you're right senpai, windows 10 game client is awesome!!!!11!!
>>
>>380731035
What is even the point of Skull & Bones? It might have been impressive 10 years ago when there weren't a shitton of small studios putting out games where you can have an entire ship made up of 10 or so different players taking on different roles. It's 2017 and they're putting out a barebones naval warfare game with a pirate theme but almost zero gameplay that takes advantage of the premise of being a pirate. What's the point? Black Flags gives you this and more.
>>
>>380731480
I'm not trying to defend the win10 store; I'd rather not use it either; but a lot of what you said is outdated.
SLI has always worked (dev must enable it)
Vsync is now toggleable
borderless window on dx12 has same performance as exclusive fullscreen
There is a 14 day/2 hour guarranteed refund on the dev branch
The exe locking is indeed bs.
>>
>>380732392
>borderless window on dx12 has same performance as exclusive fullscreen
Not him but I'd also like to add that exclusive fullscreen was present in Forza Horizon 3 and GoW4. Recore too, I think but I only played the demo. Having said all that, I'd also rather not use the Win10 store for games. It just doesn't seem like a good platform at all.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.