[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hitman is not dead.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 6

File: firefox_2017-06-16_15-03-19.png (318KB, 580x421px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-06-16_15-03-19.png
318KB, 580x421px
Hitman is not dead.
>>
>>380727529
cool
>>
>>380727529

Thank fucking God. Now they can get back to just making a proper fucking video game instead of this always online, episodic, DLC-Infested advertisement wreck that Square turned them into
>>
>>380727529
fuck yeah
>>
>There will never be a Hitman to surpass Blood Money
You know, I expected huge things last gen after Blood Money. I was hoping for a mission similar to Curtains Down, only on a massive scale, and it never happened.
>>
>>380727804
Of course it didn't, you have a massive nostalgia boner that's preventing you from seeing what BM was really like.
>>
So is season 2 still a thing? what does this mean for ™?
>>
>we are now an independent studio

no games and bankruptcy in 2 years.
>>
thats good, i hope more studios stop falling for the publisher meme
>>
>>380727885
>Nostalgia boner
I actually haven't touched it since before 2010, well before Absolution and this new Hitman.
>>
>>380727617
io was the one that proposed the always online, serivece hitman. They really thought it was the future of hitman

seeing this post is funny, the "fan" of such series has no idea about the series and only here to talk about always online
>>
Now they're free of Sqeenix I hope they take out some of the more Jew tactics that made it into the latest game.

For one, the always online bullshit. It's such a great game, but it's single player only. What's the fucking point in making people sign in if they want all in game content?

It almost killed the game for me, the fact that it would hold back content from you if you weren't officially signed in.

Thank God for modders who fix this shit unofficially.
>>
They should make Freedom Fighters 2 instead.

Fuck meme stealth games, I want to shoot some goddamn commies.
>>
>>380728086
>westerner fans
>know anything but pirate and crack

lol
>>
First good news I have heard this week. Glad they got the Hitman IP. Did they retain the Glacier Engine as well?
>>
>>380727529

So is the new hitman game finished yet or are you still waiting for "episodes"?
>>
>>380727529
ayyy lets go
>>
>>380728202
Finished since January.

They're was even a physical copy released I think. I definitely saw a boxed copy in GameStop, I'd assume it was in a disc, and not just a code to download.
>>
>>380728340

Oh great I can finally play it. Thanks anon.
>>
>>380727529
On one hand, that's really fucking great because ™ was my GOTY 2016 and season 2 was the one thing I was looking forwards to the most this year.

On the other hand though, lack of a big publisher backing them up financially might very well mean we're not getting episodes with as much quality as the last ones were.
>>
>>380728126
been able to play offline officially for awhile now.
>>
File: 1457680165986.jpg (80KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1457680165986.jpg
80KB, 557x605px
>>380727529
This was the most unlikely scenario
I'm glad things went so well.
>>
>>380728086
>io proposed

need source on that amigo
>>
>>380727529
>no more big boy giving the big cheque
>hitman is not dead guys

ah yes whos ready for another HD collection to "finance" the new hitman and see some irrelevant spin off shit by 2020
>>
>>380728526
>No ratings
>No challenges
>Can't unlock new stuff
>No escalations
It's not worth shit offline.
>>
>>380727529
Ahah
They will die very soon and then... bam! EA buys them.
>>
>>380728448
i don't get these people. you browse /v/ and you rely on the posters for news and releases? what the fuck?
>>
>>380728450
>might very well mean we're not getting episodes with as much quality as the last ones were.

It all depends. They may well get picked up by another large 3rd party development house that can throw money at them.

I will give Squeenix props for releasing IO at least. They could have very well done an EA, and bought the Dev studio out back and shot it.
>>
File: 1497561518302.gif (619KB, 479x353px) Image search: [Google]
1497561518302.gif
619KB, 479x353px
There will always be a place in my heart for 47
>>
>>380728647
the only one that actually matters is the unlocking.
>>
>the first target in Hitman season 2 will be the CEO of Care-Phenix
>>
>>380728809
>0 ways to make any progress
>Can't even do self imposed challenges properly when you don't see your rating
>"This is fine"
>>
>>380728526
...and you immediately get locked out of the ability to play professional mode (a harder difficulty)

You also can't unlock anything new. So if you're new to the game and don't have an internet connection, you're fucked, because you can't progress properly like others can.
>>
>bought the full game when it released
>play the first couple of missions up to marrakesh
>realize that most of the content is in replaying the same mission over and over again, completing different side objectives while waiting a month for the next episode, which you have no motivation to do with the full game because you can just move onto the next episode immediately
>on top of that a substantial amount of content is already gone and more added content is expiring while you're not checking in
>stop playing
it's weird, i could replay blood money's levels for days on end but hitman 2016's pacing just feels off now in how it is designed
>>
That's good news.

Now what about Deus Ex?
>>
>>380728973
>substantial amount of content is already gone
If you think elusive targets are substantial in any way it's obvious you haven't played many of them.
>>
>>380728595
read some informative articles for once instead of the bs they feed you here

>Recently we sat with with Hitman executive producer Hannes Seifert, who spoke at length about the team's decision split the main campaign. As Seifer explains, he and his team are done with the "ivory tower" game development mentality, in which they spend years cranking out a full game only to go silent for several more after its completion. In becoming a "live studio," as he calls it, IO hopes to respond more quickly to player feedback and do a better job supporting Hitman's online multiplayer feature, Contracts mode.

Along with the episodic structure and a more reactive world, players will be stepping into a new kind of Hitman game, one that feels more like a living, ever-evolving puzzle.

>What trends in the gaming market have influenced Hitman?

Right after Absolution shipped, we had two major influences: the unexpected huge success of the Contracts game mode and that we updated the balancing of the disguise gameplay post release. Both gave us a taste of what is possible. In the meantime, live games have emerged more and more, consoles are online more now. At the same time, terms like "episodic gaming" have emerged, a term that hadn't even existed when we created our original vision for Hitman.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/hitman-interview-why-were-going-episodic/1100-6434429/
>>
>>380729083
i've played none of them admittedly, but the perception they create about how you're getting a worse and worse deal as the time goes on is real
>>
File: 1284952020864.png (6KB, 432x494px) Image search: [Google]
1284952020864.png
6KB, 432x494px
>>380729329
>i've played none of them admittedly, but the perception they create
>>
>>380727529
>big layoffs last month
>no publisher would pick them up
>"we're independent now pls"

lel its dead boys
>>
>>380729098
good post, thanks for sharing this anon
>>
If they're fucking smart they create a game with modding tools that will guarantee hitman surviving
>>
I hope PS4 exclusive content will no longer be exclusive.
>>
Hell yessdd
>>
>>380728775
Can somebody please fully explain me what EA does to their studios and why does it do it? I mean isn't it illegal? How to they profit from constatly sabotaging their corporte and employer brands.
>>
>>380729847
>I mean isn't it illegal? How to they profit from constatly sabotaging their corporte and employer brands.
that's cute.
>>
>>380729329
They're barely any more interesting than a regular contract. Even if I could I wouldn't replay any of them.
>>
File: 1489146506212.jpg (26KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1489146506212.jpg
26KB, 500x281px
>>380729416
nice meme, but think about it. why would you play, or for that matter buy a game that is actively losing worth as the time goes on?

the content's quality itself is irrelevant since the only people who have played can personally gauge if it's loss is relevant to the overall experience of the game as a whole.
>>
>>380729847
EA buys out studios, turns them into shit and then shuts them down when they've proven to be no longer profitable. There's nothing illegal about it.
>>
>>380728173
This.
>>
>>380730040
Exclusive targets are no different than holiday events.
>>
>>380730040
what fucking meme? shitposting has addled your mind.
>wow I hate that I'm missing out on all this substantial content that I've never even tried to see if it was actually decent quality or not
you're literally complaining about something that you don't even know what you're missing out on. reminds me of the people that would throw a tantrum about not getting pre-order dlc skins.
>>
>>380729329
They're pretty much just normal contracts with some added flavour.
Nothing relevant really. Only annoyance is some suits are locked behind them, but then again, it's only cosmetics.

And chances are they'll make them available at some point in the future because they did invest some money into making each one since they did record voices and stuff.
>>
>>380727529
How is this a good thing?
Wow I cant wait to see another studio die because theyre sadly devoted to a franchise no one gives a shit about. Hitman's name has been run through the mud, and even without the episodic or online shit, no one cares about good stealth games that dont baby the player. Every time they nudge back in this direction with a AAA budget, the sales lower. I feel bad for them, they might feel a commitment to fans but theyre really just going to bankrupt their own company.
>>
>>380727529
How the fuck did they buy it from Square Enix?
>>
>>380729416
He's not wrong. As someone who didn't buy the game until the end of S1, I was actively put off jumping in because I was aware that there was content that I'd never experience. I've played a fair few elusive targets since and I can say that they suck ass, but you can't know that if you don't own the game. Hell, even when the overall opinion on elusives was that they were subpar, I still disliked missing out on them.
>>
>>380730771
Episodic is perfect for Hitman. Deal with it.
>>
>>380730863
Yup, too bad theres no way of properly communicating that to the consumers and maintaining AAA polish and detail while trying to hype up the newest "episode" that amounts to an hour of game unless you're a fan who endlessly replays to find everything. Which is not the majority of the market by even half and why this game failed and will continue to fail. And while a level being replayable is great the feeling that its all you're stuck with isn't a good one. Deal with it.
>>
>>380731073
>this game failed and will continue to fail
Ooh, a business expert! Could you share some numbers with us filthy commoners?
>>
>>380731227
No, its self evident by the player numbers compared to absolution alone. If you disagree then disagree, I dont give a shit about internet argument points. Just sad to see a company lose money and a franchise I like being dragged killed because they ambitiously tried something different.
>>
>>380731371
Absolution was $1 in a bundle once.
And if the game was a failure why would they double down and make a second season.
>>
>>380731371
Awesome example, the game that has been out for 5 years compared to the one that came out mostly last year. Absolution was also a long awaited sequel to Blood Money which was a classic, and 2016 was a sequel to the shit that ruined the reputation of the series.
>>
So now they'll need more money yeah? Hitman cosmetic crates/keys when?
I honestly feel like they might go the micro transaction route.
>>
>>380727529
first good gaming related news in a long time

if you guys fuck it up now you have no one but yourselves to blame
>>
>>380731635
How is bringing up the fact that its been out for 5 years helping the point you're trying to make? Most 5 year old entries in a franchise have less active players than the newest entry.

>>380731621
I dont know, I would assume if it wasn't a failure the producers wouldn't give the rights to the developers. The only plausible explanation there is it did not meet expectations. If they thought a second season would be profitable they would capitalize on that without a second thought. There are hundreds of dollar humble bundle games that are dead right now because no one gives a shit, sales aside its clear which one the majority of audiences prefer and had staying power. Like how theres constant Street Fighter V threads all saying how shit it is but thats the only fighting game that gets threads.
>>
>>380727617
Episodic format is the reason why he can get a proper Hitman game.
With a traditional release date and budget it'd get you another Absolution
>>
>>380731371
lol I hope you don't make any real business decisions where you work.
>>
>>380732093
lol im on 4chan, what kind of life do you think I lead?
>>
>>380732207
a new one
>>
>>380732034
Of course it didn't meet the expectations, this is Square Enix we're talking about.
>>
>>380729098
What a dumb decision.

I honestly think that's one of the the things that totally killed the reach this game could have had.

Selling the game piecemeal like that just confused everyone. Hell, even when I was buying it early on in this cycle, I didn't quite fully understand what the hell it was all about.

I had so many questions
>It's 6 chunks, but if I buy all 6 early does that give me some bonuses?
>Are the people who buy it at the end cut off from some content?
>What if they Jew us all, and suddenly announce some suprise 7th and 8th pack or something?

I totally believe the confusion about just what the fuck this was scared off a lot of potential buyers. Plus the marketing was boderline silent at times. If I wasn't a huge Hitman fan, the whole release could have very well passes me by, because there was almost minimal marketing behind this game.
>>
>>380732034
>The only plausible explanation there is it did not meet expectations
Well, it IS squeenix you're talking about. Over 3 million copies of Tomb Raider sold in a couple weeks was a "failure" to them.

And they confirmed the second season way back already, it only got doubtful recently but not because HITMAN was a failure. The issue really is just that SE is run by idiots.

>There are hundreds of dollar humble bundle games that are dead right now because no one gives a shit
The fuck does this even mean? Are you saying Absolution isn't dead? It's a single player game from 5 years ago. The HB point is just meant to say that the number of people who own the game on steam was largely due to it. Not saying it didn't do well on it's own, I think it also hit the 3 mill mark within a month, but that's across 3 platforms and we can't know how well HITMAN did because of the episodic format.
>>
>>380727529
More like: We're poor as rats and we're gonna do a a kikestarter for a release in 2025 that'd be shit
>>
>>380727529
So are they gonna dump that always online bullshit and turn Hitman into a single-player franchise again?
>>
>>380732715
I only wish they didnt do the episodic format so the game would be more succesful. DLC can be advertised the same way episodes were, all people wanted was the initial season and no one would of complained.
>>
Hitman was such a great game and the downgrades from Blood Money in terms of gameplay are mostly insignificant. Hope they add suitcases, human shields and stairway kills in season 2 so people would stop bitching about it already. I really don't get how a fan of the series would not like it.
>>
>>380727804
IKTF, there will never be a Splinter Cell to suprass Chaos Theory, or a Thief to surpass the dark project. Or a Deus Ex to surpass Deus Ex.
>>
>>380728173
>>380730204
FF is EA
>>
>>380728079
Exactly you moron, nostalgia is blinding you to the game's flaws. Go and olay it again
>>
>>380733018
I had a lot of niggles and complaints about Hitman 2016, but it's still absolutely amazing.

The sheer size and scope of the levels is breathtaking. You get these mammoth sandboxes to explore and experiment in, and it's fucking glorious.

From a totally gameplay point I honestly do believe it's even better than Blood money, but the always online, and the way it tries to lock you out of stuff offline totally kills it for me.

Overall I can't call it my favorite, but it's still pretty damn special.
>>
>>380732846
Thing is, episodic format works really well with Hitman. Having a platform for contracts to be added as time goes on is terrific.
But they should have released a whole games content at once and then make any new content episodic, I'll give you that.

Episodic content has a lot of (deserved) stigma associated with it so that must have really hurt inicial sales. Hopefully it'll start picking up in terms of sales with the second season, seeing as the first one was absolutely fantastic and the game got a great reception over time.

>>380733018
I see some people constantly complain about the lack of keyholes and that's when you realize they're just being nitpicking assholes. I've played every Hitman game extensively and not once was looking through a keyhole especially practical or useful. They're just looking for reasons to hate on the game just because it's new.

The "instincts" mechanic is kinda silly though, but seems it's mandated by law to be able to see through walls in any stealth game released after Conviction...
>>
>>380732606
>sales
>marketing
/v/ answer to everything

they didn't have the money and resource (most important one is fan feedback) to build a complete hitman game.

episodic fit hitman very well with sandbox type maps and stories release through out the years and actually encourage people to discover the map and change up their play-styles for once (which was the ultimate goal since the introduction of the assassin ranking system and blood money's reputation) Its not an coincident that Hitman 2016 had some of the best maps the series have ever seen thanks to the constant fan feedbacks between episodes.

They could have made all that without always online ofc. No ones want always online and the stigma against it is enough to kill the sale of this thing.

big lay off last month and cant find new publisher and is whoring itself for someone to pickup mean we wont see hitman for while .
>>
>>380727529
Does that mean they can remove the always-online shit from Hitman 2016 and turn it into a functional game?
>>
>>380734774
They won't because IO are dicks and don't care about feedback or making a user friendly game
>>
>>380734774

Square still owns the games they paid for, they just can't do anything in the future with the IP.
>>
It would be best if they just made a complete game, without always online.

Forget the DLC episode format which frankly put me off, knock together somekind of story, hell maybe even make it about you the player and Hitman trains you or whatever.
>>
>>380734774
>>380734983
there were some heavy rumours going around about a summer update that would remove the always-online nature of the game and bring back those time-limited contract rewards for people who missed them
>>
>>380735984
Honestly I could probably believe that if only because IOI are back to being a small business so the costs of keeping the servers up and running would be too much for them to handle right now. They might even pull a D44M and get rid of Denuvo as well when it comes time to renew the license and they just decline.
>>
>>380733552
>The "instincts" mechanic is kinda silly though

At the risk of sounding like I'm trying to excuse the game, you can turn that off completely in the options menu.
>>
expect kickstarters soon
>>
>>380733552
>The "instincts" mechanic is kinda silly though
Its there as a crutch for new players who don't want to memorize the guard patterns or want to know if jumping that wall is a good idea without having to deal with the consequences of if its not. It can be entirely turned off so you have to use the third camera view to look into rooms beforehand or use minimap NPC dots which can also be turned off for a complete blind experience.

Its not like in Absolution where instinct was absolutely required to stealth because it was what enabled your disguises to work properly made you see trails on the ground leading to where the NPC was going to head if you caused a distraction in a room so you wouldn't have to guess which side of the door frame was the correct one to hide on.
>>
File: 1482918915990.jpg (155KB, 362x447px) Image search: [Google]
1482918915990.jpg
155KB, 362x447px
>>380727529
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.