[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of these was better? Skyward Sword for me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: tpsswwcomp2.png (304KB, 864x267px) Image search: [Google]
tpsswwcomp2.png
304KB, 864x267px
Which of these was better? Skyward Sword for me
>>
>>380725704
Skyward sword is the only 3d zelda that doesn't qualify as a good game IMO.

of those 3, I pick tp. WW a close second.
>>
a tie between WW and SS for me.
I only got to play SS for the first time last month, and it surprised me a lot. Damn great game
>>
They're all terrible.
>>
>>380725704
TP>SS=WW. WW is my favorite game out of the three but it's really not that good after playing it again recently. TP is pretty solid all throughout the game except for the long intro I like the wolf sections a lot and SS is too up and down quality wise.
>>
>>380726286
TP is easily THE most forgettable and mediocre of them all. Besides the Snow Peak Manor, no dungeon sticks, and too many items are very restricted one-use-only gimmicks. And the story & cast are underdeveloped as hell.
>>
File: 1495648956010.jpg (161KB, 597x615px) Image search: [Google]
1495648956010.jpg
161KB, 597x615px
>>380726367
completely unlike SS which had extremely memorable dungeons and well developed characters, right?
>>
>>380725704
TP easily. WW isn't all that great and SS is terrible.
>>
Games with normal link bore me to pieces. Toon link on the other hand is quite the character. Serious, but funny and the cast helps accentuate that. New Toon Link game when? Botw was boring.
>>
>>380725704
Wind Waker.
>>
Wind Waker.

TP was the blandest zelda I've played
Skyward Sword is not that bad, but the controls still make it not that enjoyable
>>
>>380726483
Yes, TP has way more memorable and varied dungeons, and more fleshed out and memorable in-between material. People also don't seem to understand that SS' dungeons practically start with the main areas they're located in, as just entering them requires various acrobatics. The dungeons themselves are like these final showdowns in the area
>>
>>380726367
Yeah you're not wrong that the game is pretty forgettable since I completely forgot about the sequence with the zora prince even though I've played it 3-4 times. The story is honestly much more enjoyable than SS simply because the pacing of it feels much cleaner and less repetitive, and midna is a more compelling companion. The other side characters aren't bad either even if there are a few duds.

I'll admit that SS's dungeons are better but that's all it has over TP and snow-peak is as good as anything SS has to offer imo. I'll give you the items but TP has much better combat and the horseback combat still holds up. WW probably has the best item use out of the three as well as a more enjoyable story but TP hits every spot pretty well and doesn't have many terrible parts to it when compared to the other two

I like all the games but TP just sticks out to me as the all-round best of the three.
>>
>>380726679
>Botw was boring.
I have no idea how anyone could say that. Especially since I got over 60h clocked on my first playthrough already, and I'm nowhere near about to finish it.
>>
>>380727640
>The story is honestly much more enjoyable than SS simply because the pacing of it feels much cleaner and less repetitive
I gotta disagree there as well. I've already beaten TP twice now, and I still have hard time remembering some pretty major parts. Midna is only a fap-bait, but everything else is just underwhelming and under-utilized as hell.
Take that "Resistance" club for example; clearly they were planned to have much bigger role at some point, and they sure try to make them seem like some heroic old friends at the very end too, but you really don't spend any time with them.

Or how about the Wolf form? It's used for the first quarter or so to funnel you through some story parts, then you never really need it again.
All in all, TP is a very lukewarm OoT2.0 wannabe, that also embraced the now meme-tier bloom & brown aestethics, all while trying to ride on LOTR film trilogy's after heat with its epic scenarios (that mysteriously were almost totally absent in final game)
>>
>>380726679
Autistic Wind Wanker cucks are autistic. Wind Wanker was trash.
>>
>>380725704
WW but only the HD version because it had some key gameplay improvements like the special sail where you dont have to manually change wind direction every 5sec
>>
>>380725704
ww >>>> ss >> tp
>>
>>380727640
Just another point: TP was the most enjoyable most likely because it's the safest seeing as it's the most like OoT and the other games did try something pretty different at least. It also probably had the easiest development time as well because I know the other two weren't as fully realized as TP.

>>380727967
Disagreed that midna was only fap-bait because her dialogue is pretty funny and she has an alright arc, nothing special but something that at least makes you care at the end. The resistance club does its job of helping link getting to where he needs to go and I think that's all they needed to do, the end of their arc IS underwhelming so I'll agree there.

In regards to the wolf form I'm gonna use the cop-out that I think it was meant to feel like a drag when compared to the human form to make it feel like what it's meant to be in the story, a sort of cursed form of Link. I mean the goal of Link in the game is trying to become human again and cleansing the area of twilight felt more satisfying because I got back into human form. I will admit that this is entirely subjective and by Lake Hylia it felt too encroaching on the fun. I think the Twilight aesthetic was cool and strange and the golden stalfos thing was great too.

I totally understand that the fact it's OoT2 makes it uninteresting but it's just the most consistently enjoyable to me.
>>
>>380725704
TP >>>>> WW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SS
>>
>>380725704
I liked Skyward Sword when it came out.

Fuck your Zelda cycle bullshit.
>>
All of them had some annoyances.

WW had this triforce hunting shit. Very frequently you would find yourself teleporting from place to place.

TP had wolf link sections. There were not many, granted, but they were annoying nonetheless.

Skyward sword had those tear collecting minigames. And waggling. At some point the waggling does get old.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.