[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a PS4 user give me a recommendation on what PS4 to get.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Playstation_logo_colour.svg.png (8KB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
Playstation_logo_colour.svg.png
8KB, 250x190px
I'm buying a PS4 to play some exclusives like Persona 5 and such and I don't know if the pro is honestly worth it. Can someone help me out?

Thanks
>>
>>380724275
watch some digitalfoundry comparisons on youtube
Pro is worth it if you have a 4k TV that doesnt have a shit response time. If you have a 1080p TV then the slim is good enough.
>>
>>380724413
thanks
>>
I have owned a vanilla ps4 and a pro. I don't have a 4k TV, the vanilla ps4 is fine unless you have a TV that benefits. Btw even if you have a TV that benefits get ready for some garbo input lag even with game mode on. All in all, if you don't have a really good 4k TV, just get a vanilla
>>
File: PS4 Games.jpg (3MB, 1500x5167px) Image search: [Google]
PS4 Games.jpg
3MB, 1500x5167px
I wouldn't get a Pro unless you don't have a gaming PC.
>>
Slim is fine.
>>
>>380724275
Some games will run just better on the pro in 1080p if you can spare the extra 100 I'd go for the pro. I'm seriously considering turning mine in for one because I can't play Nioh in 1080p because it runs so fucking horribly on the base model.
>>
Always get the best option if you know you can afford it. Stop asking stupid questions.
>>
The thing about the pro is that the game specifically needs pro support to have any meaningful improvements. There are some like nioh running in 1080p over the 900p on the base PS4 or nier running at 1080p instead of 900 but there's also stuff like horizon zero dawn which is 4k with HDR on the pro and 1080 on the base PS4. Most older games that came out before the pro don't support it, bloodborne and persona 5 for example have no benefits whatsoever. For older games there's something called boostmode that might or might not do shit for you, I think digital foundry tested it in bloodborne and they might've gotten like half a second shorter loading times which is basically jack shit.
>>
>>380724275
Get the Slim, it's so tiny and sleek.
>>
File: HONORABRU PENIS DISCHARGE.webm (863KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HONORABRU PENIS DISCHARGE.webm
863KB, 1280x720px
>>380724275
If the price difference doesn't bother your get the Pro which is better in every way.

If the price difference is too much get the normal one.

What's so complicated about it?
>>
I think ps4Pro is just meaningless atm, get a regular one. There is no huge difference in perfomance.
>>
>>380724275
Consider this:
-PS4 Pro games won't run games at a higher framerate than base PS4 and 4K is not real 4K pretty much on every game
-Games are most likely developed on Pro so some games from studios who don't give a shit about optimization won't run as good on base PS4 as Pro (I'm looking at you The Last Guardian)
-PS4 exclusives are almost always optimized for both consoles so you won't miss much (Like Horizon)
>>
>>380730079
>-PS4 Pro games won't run games at a higher framerate than base PS4
Why lie? They do. They just don't double framerates from 30 to 60.
But for example if a PS4 game like Nier Automata or Battlefield1 targets 60fps, the base console will much more often drop to ~40fps, while the Pro will not only keep it at 60fps more frequently, but also drop less (usually always 10fps to 15fps above the base PS4)

Same thing for 30fps games. If they drop to 26-28fps on PS4, on the Pro they maintain 30fps for longer.

>and 4K is not real 4K pretty much on every game
While that's true, the resolution differences are still vast. Just because it's not native 4K doesn't mean that it's worthless. 1440p and 1800p are still vastly superior to 900p or 1080p. Doesn't need to be a jump from 1080p(2K) to 2160p(4K) for you to notice a difference, the resolution in-between also exist, you know?

You also forget to mention Pro games improve the graphical options themselves, not just the resolution. Draw distances are better, filtering is better, etc~

All of that being said PS4pro isn't a magical machine (neither is XboneX) but as a newcomer who doesn't own any current gen system the Pro is worth the extra money over the standard model if OP doesn't mind spending it. But if he lives in europe he should get a normal PS4 right now, it only costs 180€
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.