[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MGS2 VS MGS3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: mgs2vsmgs3.jpg (111KB, 592x343px) Image search: [Google]
mgs2vsmgs3.jpg
111KB, 592x343px
Well?
>>
mgs3
>>
3 just beats 2 imo
>>
mgs3 100% has the edge in gameplay
>>
Eva was cute.
>>
2 is a game I can replay and still be amazed by

3 is much more straight-forward and predictable
>>
2 has the better, more thought out story, but is essentially MGS1.2 when it comes to gameplay.

3 has a weaker, more straight forward story with lots of emotional bait, but shakes up the series formula by having it take place in forests and gameplay is ten times better.

MGS3 wins.
>>
>>380717326
I think 2 has more nonsensical stuff than 3, that 4 tried, but imo failed, to reasonably explain with nanomachines and weird logic. I get the whole series has some supernatural stuff but fortune at the end and vamp doing shit like running on water was ridiculous.
>>
MGS4 wins. The best Metal Gear game in the series. It concluded the Metal Gear Universe on such a high note, every game after was a prequel.
>>
>>380717326
>and gameplay is ten times better.

I can't see how anyone agrees with this shit

if anything, the base gameplay is worse because the forest areas make for awkward sneaking with similar mechanics as 2
>>
>>380717067
MGS2. The only thing MGS3 has over 2 is a better ratio of gameplay to cutscenes and better codec talks.
>>
>>380717727
bait
>>
they are both great games and I enjoyed playing them
>>
How would you rate the games?
For me it's:

3=V=2>1>PW>4>PO
>>
played 1-4,V
Story: 2,3,4,1,V
Gameplay: Touch,V,3,4,2,1
>>

Plot and characters (and yes, this includes Raiden and Rose) are vastly superior, and the gamplay in 3 might be more in-depth, but it is almost crippled by the awkward controls it inherited from it's predecessors as well as all those fucking menues, which add nothing but at times completely kill the pacing.
>>
>>380717957
3>2>1>V>PW>4
>>
>>380717067
peace walker you dipshit
>>
>MGS 2
>fukushimas masterpiece
>an accurate prediction of the future
>game play is much better than MGS1
>production was clearly spent on game mechanics and research

>MGS
>Kojimas fan fic
>dumb fuck prequel because Kojima couldn't out do Fukushima
>gameplay is worse than MGS2 (muh camo menus, muh healing, muh eating wowwww exactly what I want in a stealth game)
>production was clearly spent on cutscenes so Kojimas can fulfill his wet dream of making a Bond film
>>
>>380717957
3>4>2>1>PW>PO>ACID>ACID 2>Digital Graphic Novel>V
>>
File: 1486405945345.jpg (43KB, 800x447px) Image search: [Google]
1486405945345.jpg
43KB, 800x447px
MGS2 for story and atmosphere
MGS3 for gameplay and kino
>>
MGS3 was the first somewhat decent attempt at making the first good stealth game in the series. MGS 1&2 are arcade games with cutscenes, horrible to play once you've tasted stuff like Thief or Splinter Cell, bad at stealth and at action. 3 at least had original stealth systems (many of them haven't been replicated again) and better gameplay flow.
>>
>>380721131
>mgs3 is kino
You don't even know what kino means if you believe that.

MGS3 is a flick and nothing more.
>>
>>380722003
But it's still inferior in terms of being a stealth game, whereas MGS1 and 2 had their own thing going, their own identity.
>>
The final moments of MGS 2 really got me. Would be able to handle the situation better than Raiden?
>>
3 is a million times better

Only god tier MGS games are 3 and 5
>>
I personally prefer 2, but I can see why many people like 3 more. Both are exceptional games.
>>
>>380717957
1=2>3>4>V
>>
>>380723467
shit never mind

1=2=GB>3>4>V
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.