[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: tf2.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tf2.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
What went wrong?
>>
>>380714796
casual matches have no point
6v6 is boring as shit to watch and hl is a glorified pub
>>
Overwatch and something about updates despite TF2 being a worse game on launch.
>>
>>380714796
They should have just not fucked with it by adding a stupid matchmaking system to compete with Overwatch
>>
>>380714796
Kiddies whining about demoman being OP.
>>
>>380714796
It's been 10 years, they should' ve let it go and work on TF3 already.
>>
>>380714796
youtubers
>>
File: 1482496316589.jpg (213KB, 1737x587px) Image search: [Google]
1482496316589.jpg
213KB, 1737x587px
>>380714796

Overwatch killed it completely. Not by drawing players away, but by tricking Valve into killing their own game.
>>
>>380715408
>matchmaking
Why the fuck did they try to fix something that ain't broken by adding matchmaking to non-competitive matches
Overwatch needed it because 6v6 is the norm but not tf2
>>
>>380714796
Gaben is kike.
>>
>>380715459
fuck off demoman is still OP
>>
>>380715593
CS:GO and DOTA 2 focuses on the competition scene and are hugely successful so it might not be entirely Overwatch's fault.
>>
>>380715707

The only OP thing is aimbot sniper using the darwin danger shield. Now fuck off shitter.
>>
>>380714796

Matchmaking and comp players pushing they shit into others just because they cant jump to another game to get the esport money they want.
>>
>>380715408
it was planned years before overwatch was even released retard
>>
It's lost too many of it's original dev members. It's running on fumes now till it completely dies.
>>
>>380714796
Free to play
>>
>>380715593
He should never have let his hair grown out.
>>
>>380715782
>a sniper who's just straight up better than you using the shitter's shield and has like 2 stacked unusuals and a pocket medic while his hale's own sniper rifle is named some bullshit in latin with a weird font
is there a worse feeling than knowing you have to go spy or scorch spam pyro in order to give your english second language teammates a fighting chance against him
>>
>>380715796
"Esports" is the cancer that we just cannot seem to treat, and if anything is spreading further and deeper, because the "normies" are just eating that shit up and enabling it.
>>
>>380715707
You're just bad. Soldier and Scout are way more OP.
>>
Valve stopped to care.
>>
Nothing. TF2 becoming worse is a meme.
>>
>>380715897

No it wasn't. Valve did literally nothing with the competitive TF2 scene until they started panicking because of Overwatch. Then they consulted the real competition pros (= youtube celebrities) and made that 6 vs 6 abomination. And in the last days before launch they decided to copy it to Quick Play with a higher player limit and without testing it.
>>
>>380716219
Well it kinda makes sense. Dota 2 and CS:GO have so many, many, many much more players.
>>
>>380715549
What ever happened to STAR_? It seems like he just stopped uploading.
>>
>>380716386
He uploads on his secondary account now. Mostly just edited Twitch streams of him playing Overwatch.
>>
>>380716386
he streams nothing but overwatch for four hours a day on twitch and doesn't have content funny enough to put into highlights like jerma does because i don't think he cares as much about entertaining people and making jokes so much as being a cynical and jaded asshole who makes lots of money
>>
>>380716386

I think he was bought by Blizzard to shill Overwatch, then realized it's a shit game and stopped making videos.
>>
Hats
>>
>>380714796
Nothing, it's been over 10 years and it's still fun and one of the most played games on steam. Not many games can say the same
>>
File: 1497091993550.png (271KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497091993550.png
271KB, 500x500px
>>380715782

I piss them off Snipers with the full croc set and my medic buddy.

Nobody likes snipers, they suck the fun out of the game for both sides
>>
Once it went free to play they stopped making actual gameplay content and went into the monetization aspect.
>>
>>380716737
haha yeah those sniper mains are sure annoying, i bet their dicks are too big and their faces are too rugged and manly haha
>>
>>380716489
He uploads everything to his second channel because he thinks nothing he makes these days is worth putting on his main channel. He's in a total rut. I'm amazed just how much better Jerma is doing these days compared to his TF2 days honestly.
>>
>>380714796
Hats, people who keep asking why this went wrong are probably part of the problem. Cosmetics and their success not only killed TF2 but have gone on to kill Valve too, they helped popularise the 'f2p' business model too. Fuck Valve.
>>
>>380716737
Unless you can aim of course, in which case you just pick Sniper and cancel them out. Or ask someone on your team to do the same.
>>
>>380717009
The games are much more popular with hats
>>
>>380717009
Their F2P model is still the best out there. Where the game is literally free to play.
Korea were the people that started the really scummy F2P systems that weren't really free to play at all.
>>
File: he's already dead.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
he's already dead.gif
3MB, 480x360px
it outlived its time, it reached its peak and is now going downhill

time to move on, I mean the game lasted almost 10 years, not many games can do that

>TF2 has nothing new to offer, Overwatch simply doesn't fill that gap

I am at a loss
>>
After Natascha it went stright downhill. They said they would never implement movement impairing effects and then they added this fucking minigun, scout's stunbat and whatever else.

Also, hats.
>>
>>380717009
This
>>
>>380714796
>Literal autistic fanbase that use the game as a way to meet other autists since they have no friends
>>
>>380716386
ster2
>>
>>380716896
when you play the same game and almost nothing else for a year straight, yeah that'll probably put you in a rut. i mean, it's not like his later videos were anywhere near as good as some of his classic stuff, like it's really easy to see the decline in quality and energy from something like the ham video to what, basically tracer? he was slipping before the whole quitting youtube for twitch thing. not to mention how hostile he is towards tf2 and the community in general, it's really offputting. i saw some highlights that someone else made, mind you, of some skyrim permadeath runs he did that were actually pretty funny and interesting but i guess he got bored of that and went back to playing overwatch every day, like he has a quota to meet for blizzard or they won't pay his rent or something. i just miss the old star_, man.
>>
>>380716479
>>380716489
>>380716896
>>380717641
That's depressing to hear. It seems like all the classic youtubers, which now includes Jerma, left the game.Are there any good youtubers these days? There's something inexplicably /comfy/ about watching tf2 videos, no other game has that level of second hand entertainment as tf2.
>>
hats and it wasn't released at a good time. if tf2 came along a few years later when valve was actually putting money towards electronic sports it would probably still be good
>>
>>380717818
Nah, all the big players are gone. Mostly onto Overwatch or just random games.
>>
>>380717818
jerma came back for a stream a bit ago but hasn't played again since, though he said he would come back to it. apparently he doesn't like to tie himself to one game and tries to keep things fresh with lots of games. i think he streamed like 30 shitty ipad christmas games at one point, and then like 5 shitty flash frog games at the same time?
as far as new youtubers, uncle dane is a pretty good one. he makes lots of analytical videos, mostly about engineer since that's his main but he also does a couple of live commentaries that i think are pretty good. he's also not huge on overwatch so there's no worries about him switching games like there was with star_. funke is alright, though he kind of has later star_'s cynical and jaded vibe to him even though he hasn't been at the whole tf2 youtube scene super long. not even in like a playful way, it just feels more bitter and almost spiteful. there's also soundsmith who's pretty entertaining, he makes some nice quality content. pretty much all of the new tf2 youtubers are in a big circle now and all know each other, so if you see one, you're bound to find the rest by proxy and probably find one or two you like.
>>
>>380718238
Also, fuck NISLT and his overused memes.
Now everything I hear the fucking X-Files music I want to stab my monitor.
>>
Everything after the first update that added the huntsman

also hats should never ever have become a thing
>>
File: 300px-Ctf_2fort_bridge_ss.png (94KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Ctf_2fort_bridge_ss.png
94KB, 300x169px
>>380714796
I'll just leave this here
>>
>>380718837
>[cow mooing]
>[spy dying]
>>
Clueless comp fags banned the vaccinator in 6s making medic the most boring and un-fun class to play.
>>
>>380718238
Jerma's becoming a great variety streamer. He's reminding me a lot of the Vinesauce crew these days like Vinny, Joel and Rev.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.