[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game worth buying in 2017? (only costs about 20 euros now)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: rendition1.img.jpg (462KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rendition1.img.jpg
462KB, 1920x1080px
Is this game worth buying in 2017? (only costs about 20 euros now)
>>
I've considered it on and off and always concluded no.
>>
It's a pretty gud game if you're in for some casual shootan
>>
if you like people spawning all around you to shoot you in the ass in a game based around world fucking war 1 then go ahead.
>>
actually a decent game tbqh. sniping is really fun
>>
WE
>>
>>380713604
half the original price
>>
>>380713604
i would say NO
>>
>looks and runs pretty well
>destruction is top notch
>thus allows for real immersion
>gunplay is fun
>class variety, they're all useful
>no gadget bloat like in bf4
>horses
>cool vehicles

>maps are okay, some are good, some are shit, some are mediocre
>depth is mediocre, not that much room for gitting gud
>sounddesign is not quite as good as BC2 for the most part, though some of it is superior, like different gun sounds depending on location

>abysmal lightning effects introduced recently, completely blinding you when entering/leaving buildings
>squad spawning after death STILL hasn't been fixed
>extremely loose historical accuracy if you're into that kind of thing

Worth the 20 bucks imo
>>
>>380718379
you forgot to mention the segregated playerbases due to DLCs
>>
>>380713604
Avoid it, while it has some pretty nice mechanics and actually fixed a lot of the lingering issues you'll find in BF3/BF4 the game still has a large number of pretty major problems and isn't worthwhile simply because the post-launch support it has gotten has been fucking awful and DICE is clearly leaving the game to die a slow death while they focus on Battlefront 2 and whatever the next battlefield game will be.
>>
>>380718707
Their premium DLC model is like turbo-aids when it comes to killing off the communities in any of the battlefield games that use it. Even worse, if you actually paid for premium then you won't get to play the maps very much, if at all, because of that community split.
>>
Too many nigs but the multiplayer is fun as fuck when you play with friends
>>
>>380713604
I can't see shit in this game, everyone blends in with the environment and the sky blinds everything, not to mention I can't hear anyone sneaking up behind me because their boots are made of pillows.
I had to drop it because of how much I sucked, it got to the point where I started raging like a fucking child, something I hadn't done since I was a teen.
this is the first battlefield game where I've had this problem, I like to convince myself I'm not the only one with this problem but then I see videos of pros doing crazy shit and go on killing sprees without thinking it through, something I can easily still pull off in all their previous games.
I fucking hate this game, hate it because it makes me feel worthless and handicapped at how shit I am at it.
>>
>>380719516
>I can't see shit in this game, everyone blends in with the environment
Now that's actually an advantage of the game- camouflage works, you can sometimes hide in plain sight. You git better at spotting enemies, but you have to stay attentive at all times
>>
>>380719616
Like all battlefield games you wind up firing at circles above players heads because there's no way to see them. As the games got more and more visually advanced it's just become harder harder to see people through all the volumetric fog and smoke. It doesn't help that the game has a really dull colour pallete (which is fine given the setting) and all the players are running around in earthy tones.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.