[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On release of HL2, for $60 you got Half-life 2, Counter-Strike:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: imageres.jpg (8KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
imageres.jpg
8KB, 188x268px
On release of HL2, for $60 you got Half-life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of defeat, Half-life 2: death match, and the entrie Gold Src catalog.

was this considered a good deal back in the days?
>>
>>380713416
PC games used to be only $40 back then, but Valve had some amazing deals. The Orange Box hasn't been topped yet and probably won't be because Valve doesn't make games anymore.
>>
>>380713416

Is that right?

I'm pretty sure all I got was HL2 and CS:S and I didn't want CS:S but you had to install it otherwise the installer would crash.
>>
>>380713416

Yeah. Considering at the time you would pay $60 for just one game usually.
>>
No because Steam was a heaping pile of shit
>>
>>380713647
you got the silver package
>>
>tfw no orange box II
>its Portal 2, Left for dead 2, Dota 2, and CS:GO
what happened gaben?
>>
>>380713416
well hl2 dm and cssourse are just hl2's multiplayer, dod was free, and everyone who bought hl2 already had the "gold src catalogue." The Orange Box was a good deal.
>>
>>380713647
>>380713758

I'm sorry, I meant Bronze. Silver was the one that contained the OP's list.
>>
>>380713416
Sounds like a good deal to me.
>>
>>380713895
Everyone owned HL2 and Episode 1. TF2 was just episode 2's multiplayer.
>>
>>380714085
you're forgeting portal

>TF2 was just episode 2's multiplayer.
you're an idiot
>>
>>380713416
>can get Valve's current entire catalog for $100
>can get the exact same bundle for $25 during major sale
Not really by today's Steam sale standards, but I can imagine it being a very good at the time when there weren't nearly as many sales on games as there are on Steam today.
>>
>>380713416
If I recall correctly most of my friends considered it a very ok deal
>>
>>380714898
we're talking about on launch. Of course you can get a better deal if you waited.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.