[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is this crap?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 204261285328266.jpg (50KB, 432x500px) Image search: [Google]
204261285328266.jpg
50KB, 432x500px
My friend lent me this game because I was interested in getting into Metal Gear Solid but I didn't want to go all the way back to the PS1 era

I have never been so bored, angry and confused

Of the first 30 minutes of the game, 25 of it is cutscenes telling you exposition for characters and factions

You are then allowed to play the videogame with a grand total of 4 enemies you perform pre-animated takedowns on before another 10 minutes of cutscenes get thrown at you before the game immediately begins to vomit so many mechanics (that are nothing more than numbers, you don't get to see or experience any of it) on the screen at you that I can't and won't try to describe them all

I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get past the 4th mission where you need to take down a tank (in a stealth game) trying to figure out what you're supposed to do (there is nothing in the environment the game implies you should take advantage of) before Googling it. It turns out you need to buy a rocket launcher (what the fuck), which first needs to be researched, which you first need people to assign to the research bay, and you find these people by replaying missions where you can equip a balloon thing that you can attach to people after you knock them out. At this point it's now possible to complete the 4th mission, where you shoot the gasoline canisters on the side of the tank 12 times before they explode at which point the driver will stick his head out and you can shoot him with a rocket launcher

This is just bad. It's a bad game. What a weird, boring, shitty waste of time

And no this is not "bait" because I don't like a video-game that you like
>>
Maybe you shouldn't start at the 5th fucking game in a series, dumbass.
>>
This OP is a shit, but PW is indeed not a really good MGS game.
>>
>>380711420
The series isn't for you.
You tried it, didn't like it, move on.

/thread
>>
File: 1479234057186.jpg (234KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479234057186.jpg
234KB, 853x480px
It has more RPG elements and is a little more like Monster Hunter than classic Metal Gear Solid.

I like it but I can see why others might be turned off.
>>
>>380711723
Read the post. I was told it was the best one to start with if you wanted to get your feet wet.

Is there a better one? Will I enjoy that one more?

>>380712134
Yeah, that's how opinions work. It's pointless to discuss anything.

Fuck off pseud, go platicize something else
>>
>>380711420
My friend lent me this game because I was interested in getting into Metal Gear Solid but I didn't want to go all the way back to the PS1 era

I have never been so bored, angry and confused

Of the first 30 minutes of the game, 25 of it is cutscenes telling you exposition for characters and factions

You are then allowed to play the videogame with a grand total of 4 enemies you perform pre-animated takedowns on before another 10 minutes of cutscenes get thrown at you before the game immediately begins to vomit so many mechanics (that are nothing more than numbers, you don't get to see or experience any of it) on the screen at you that I can't and won't try to describe them all

I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get past the 4th mission where you need to take down a tank (in a stealth game) trying to figure out what you're supposed to do (there is nothing in the environment the game implies you should take advantage of) before Googling it. It turns out you need to buy a rocket launcher (what the fuck), which first needs to be researched, which you first need people to assign to the research bay, and you find these people by replaying missions where you can equip a balloon thing that you can attach to people after you knock them out. At this point it's now possible to complete the 4th mission, where you shoot the gasoline canisters on the side of the tank 12 times before they explode at which point the driver will stick his head out and you can shoot him with a rocket launcher

This is just bad. It's a bad game. What a weird, boring, shitty waste of time

And no this is not "bait" because I don't like a video-game that you like
>>
You should try The Twin Snakes if you want a more classic MGS experience, honestly.
>>
This game is basically extra on the series and mostly liked by people that are really into the whole thing.

If you wanted a starting point just play 3.
>>
>>380712258
Twin Snakes is the best to get started(Think of a remade Metal Gear Solid 1)

Snake eater if you really have to(Considered the best in the series while allowing for new comers/no background before it really)
>>
>>380711420
Keep in mind this is a game designed to be played on a portable in short bursts and the mission design reflects that.

If you want to give metal gear a fair shake start with MGS.
>>
>>380712258
Should have probably started with MGS1, you still will have to throw grenades at a tank, but this is labelled as "tactical espionage action" anyway.
>>
>>380711420
>knowing nothing about metal gear
>playing the 5th game
it's like you wanted this
>>
>>380712414
>>380712363
>>380712401
>>380712475
>>380712496
alright thanks m80s

Sorry for going in there but this really was one of the most offensively unpleasant experiences I've ever had in a video game

>>380712289
What are you doing
>>
>>380712576
Peace walker is the wonky one out of the series

Kojima was experimenting and kinda made it a "troll game" in terms of adding goofy shit in

A less retarded and more proper stealth game is MGSV
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.