[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you play Videogames with your 8 year old self? And what games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: Zap16.png (165KB, 486x448px) Image search: [Google]
Zap16.png
165KB, 486x448px
Would you play Videogames with your 8 year old self? And what games?
>>
File: file.jpg (153KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
153KB, 460x215px
>>380708603
i would tell him that this game and 4chan will be his future hopefully things will get better
>>
>>380708603
I grew up during 4th gen and 5th gen of video games. 70% of my gaming time was single player games. While I did love every moment of it, I know that I didn't develop socially as well.
Having someone to play with as a child would have made me a less reserved and probably more sociable person.
So by playing video games with my 8 year old self, my 8 year old self would grow up to be a very social and well adjusted person. Not a (relatively) well adjusted person who spends most of his free time doing solitary activities.
>>
>>380708603
Would I be going back in time? Or would we have access to any games that I've played in the past and in the present? Because I'd probably play one of the old Star Wars Battlefront games on PS2.
>>
>>380708603
Sure would. We'd play some motherfucking pong!
>>
File: 277br1ckf8zy.jpg (116KB, 1242x1234px) Image search: [Google]
277br1ckf8zy.jpg
116KB, 1242x1234px
>>380708603
fuck yeah. I'd check his power levels in smash and get him though the water temple. id gear him up in Morrowind and show him all the games I missed from the 2000s era
>>
fuck vidya

I'd just go out and have adventures in the woods, or walk down the old as fuck dirt roads that lead to cemeteries near my home.

I always liked hanging out with the other kids, but I lived in in the last stop before the holler, so there was like 1 other kid my age in a half mile radius.
>>
>>380708603
Anything that was on PS1 or N64 in 1998. I wish I could go back and show myself Metroid Prime and Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I would've shit myself. I think I would've loved Dark Souls back then too.
>>
>>380709429
Let's say you can only show him one game from the future.
>>
File: Clarissa-Explains-It-All.jpg (57KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Clarissa-Explains-It-All.jpg
57KB, 630x420px
I would play bullet to the brain, that way he could never grow up to be a depressed alcoholic 26yo virgin who works at a walmart.
>>
>>380708603
I'd make him suck my dick
>>
>>380708603
I would teach him the joy of fighting games he didn't understood til his 20s, tell him he has to press A on those bushes near the top of the screen to get past that part he was stuck in Paper Mario and made him rent the game again, and we would fap together to Sabrina the teenage witch.
>>
>>380708603
I would tell him to sort himself out before he endures the pain he'd go through
>>
>>380709889
I'd show him Pokémon then because I was a rabid fan back then.
And Smash 4 for obvious reasons.
>>
I'd tell him to stop playing videogames and study for exams instead because dad was right all along.
>>
>>380709705
Sorry Armadillo
>>
>>380708603
Snes Killer Instinct or Mario Kart, maybe 64 Smash bros
>>
File: 2923_front.jpg (330KB, 640x888px) Image search: [Google]
2923_front.jpg
330KB, 640x888px
I think he will be amazed at how good i am at the game. and then he will start crying because he keeps losing
>>
File: 1468669831227.jpg (85KB, 424x736px) Image search: [Google]
1468669831227.jpg
85KB, 424x736px
Nigga at 8 years old I think I just played my first game which was Super Mario Brothers for the Gameboy.

>My 8 year old self when I walk him through Deus Ex a few years later
>>
>>380708603
I would teach him how to program instead. How to fight. How to dance. And I would tell him that it is better to be a brute than it is to be a pussy. I would tell him that girls are not pure angels. They are other human beings just like us with wants and needs not too different from our own.

Then I would proceed to beat the shit out of my dad who slapped me and would pull my hair when I was knocked into the ground by the slap.
>>
>>380708603
The game of butt sex because i was a very cute kid.
>>
>>380710219
>>380710950
patricians
>>
>>380710939
>This is not a pasta
>>
>>380708603
>>380709975
Damn, nostalgiabomb.
I would play Puyo with myself and becomes the best player in the world.
>>
>>380708603
Fuck, we'd play Heroes 3 forever.
>>
>>380708603
Probably would chill out with FR/LG or something; would probably influence him to get into competitive earlier.

Other than that, future favorites like Dragon's Dogma and MGSV might blow his little mind. He might be turned off but what little weeb games I like now if he were exposed to them (mostly just VA-11 HALL-A but Hatoful Boyfriend was decent for what it was).

Other than that, I may introduce him to some of the classics, mostly on the SNES (especially Earthbound and Secret of Mana), but also shit like Morrowind and the Metal Gear Solid series in general.
>>
>>380709975
>alcoholic at 26
>virgin at 26
No wonder /v/ is a shitshow
>>
File: Shoryuken.jpg (12KB, 379x221px) Image search: [Google]
Shoryuken.jpg
12KB, 379x221px
Fighting games mostly. I would teach myself to execute a proper Shoryuken and other advanced techniques.
Never understood what the fuck pic related meant until I figured it out myself on SFA3. I was a better player than most of the older kids I knew, I had nobody that could teach me to play properly but still kicked ass.

Also I would teach myself to never throw away game cartridge boxes and manuals. I would tell myself to avoid licensed games like AIDS. I would tell myself to insist on buying both a Playstation and an N64, buying a Dreamcast, buy arcade sticks for every system (minus the N64).

But mostly, I would tell myself to go learning martial arts right away and take the training seriously, even if mum is afraid of him getting hurt. I would tell myself right away that mum is a lovely and caring woman but blindly listening to her would make a miserable teen out of him.
>>
>>380708603
fuck no
>>
any game with a cute trap
he can sit on my lap while we play
>>
This shit right here.
Or Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee switching every death
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.