[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Downloading now. Tips? Trucks? Fun? Worth even playing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png (176KB, 300x424px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png
176KB, 300x424px
Downloading now.

Tips?
Trucks?
Fun?
Worth even playing?
>>
playing as a cuntish city elf rogue is a lot of fun, it starts with attempted rape and you get to be a dick to humans the whole game and then a dick to the dalish when they say you aren't elvish enough and you get one of the best daggers in the game for free later in the game.
>>
elf mage with storm of the century is op and fun as fuck. great voice acting. still the best game in the franchise, same for the expansion.
>>
>>380699530
no
no
no
no
>>
It deserves respect for still trying to be a solid old school RPG in 2009 considering the state of things now. It's the last remnant of what could be. Human Noble, Dwarven Noble and City Elf female are the best origins. Each class normally has 2 main attributes you'll want to focus on like strength and constitution for warriors.
>>
is alright, by today standars of what gets called "good western RPG" is even PRETTY GUD
>>
>>380699835
Best starting class? Can I change? I know nothing about this game but I heard good things.
>>
>trucks
Are you a Muslim?
>>
I couldn't tolerate DA Origins for a long time. It's generic to the point I didn't care about any character in its world, or the plot at all. Stark contrast to how Mass Effect 1 had a very interesting galaxy, races and even reading the Codex was interesting.

DA:O was just a cliche fest. ME1 had cliche but also interesting material.
>>
>>380699530
No trucks m8, it's medieval fantasy.
>>
>>380699530

I really liked it, and I fucking hate Bioware with the fury of a stellar corona now. But Dragon Age 1 was pretty good. I liked how the Darkspawn are just total nightmare fuel. No redeeming features at all. I also really loved how you mostly find copper and silver coins, and finding gold is a big deal, and really expensive magic loot is worth, like, 15 gold pieces. I wish more RPGs would do that instead of drowning you in gold. Don't know why I loved that so much but I did.

It's a good game. Maybe the last genuinely good RPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights.
>>
>>380700270
>what are the Qunari
>>
>>380699530
Well... it's the best in the series.

Don't use heavy weapons, even with impeccable timing they are ass. Maybe if you get the shitty expansion.

Program your fucking party members. Imagine contingencies and program them to handle it. Like I often use DOG and told him that if he sees a caster or a ranged attacker he needs to book it over and maul them to remove them from the fight.
>>
>>380699998
you can't change, once you pick your origin, class and race you're locked in and the classes are pretty rigid, except for the mage who can basically become a warrior via a prestige class

warriors are boring imo, especially sword and board, but good for a party but you get alistair early on as a party member who can tank if you don't want to do it. Mage is the most "active" with a million spells on hotbar you can cast and rogue is a little behind mage with less abilities but you can easily get brokenly retarded damage with constant crits and be almost unhittable with dexterity, needs more positioning in early game for backstabbing
>>
>You can't change classes.
>You can finish the game on Nightmare mode while solo and naked when using Rogue. You can do the same with Mage
>Doggo is good tank
>Unlocking certain achievements unlock Specializations. Unlocking Specializations is a one-off thing: allowing you to use it in subsequent playthroughs
>Arcane Warrior is gud for Mage, but you can do without
You got DLC?
>>
>>380700384
never heard of it, I dropped the game during the fade

It's not just the gameplay being average and the story/setting/world being extremely fucking dull, the artstyle is so fucking boring and brown.
>>
the origin stories are better than the rest of the game
>>
>>380700384
I'd say the Qunari are pretty cliche themselves. Just your standard fantasy communists.
>>
>>380700593
The Qunari are by far the most interesting race. But if you weren't feeling it you weren't feeling it, I guess.
>>
>>380700397
>program your party

that's one of my favorite things about DAO, tactics slots should have been fully unlocked from the start imo and more would always be welcome

@OP, it's basically an if then system with a lot of options to cusotmize how they act and it works pretty well, you can generally play the class you want for most of the fight and only swap as needed to activate specific things/manually heal, the AI has no fucking idea how to play melee rogue though, you can't program it to not run t like a subpar warrior so if you want a backstabber you might as well play it yourself since you have to micromanage them anyway--and it sucks too because zevran has such great banter but he is shit unless manually controlled
>>
>>380700593
>never heard of an entire race that you meet in the first village

why are you even posting
>>
>>380700868
>an entire race of one brown man

Sten is easily missable for a first timer
>>
>>380700528
No it is free for gold.
>>
>>380700868
Don't blame me because the game's setting was extremely forgettable. It's just generic tolkien fantasy with a shitty racism twist to it. I don't give a fuck about fighting those Darkspawn horde shit that I've seen 10 times already in different media, or this edgy witch bitch.
>>
>>380701038
Alright, so you're missing one party member, and some new stuff.
Want some some more party members? Are you averse to using bugs? Do you want to gain three party members using a bug?
>>
Always take out mages first. ALWAYS. Always have someone with long range stunning abilities in your party.
>>
>>380701272
you don't need mass paralysis/sleep/freeze, etc per se, I mean they're nice but you can get by with a mage teched for say the critical hits curses and damage shit with warriors shield bash and rogue sand throw for stuns, lots of ways to play DA
>>
>>380701238
I mean does it make the game easier?
>>
>>380701272
Yeah mages are fucking dicks in this game especially the ice ones
>>
>>380699530
Play on Nightmare. It's a real-time with pause game and playing it on easier difficulty gives you little reason to use strategy and thus makes the combat a lot less fun and engaging.

Mages are most fun class.

Fun game, worth playing.
>>
>>380701596
don't ruin your first playthrough with glitches, you are missing out on some fancy OP items without the DLCs and they are nice content but its still a great game vanilla. Balance is bretty gud, you aren't really meant to go to the werewolf forest or dwarf citiy early and it would be hard if you try but you can do it

personally I prefer Forest>Mages tower>redcliffe>orzamar

I miss out on Ohgren for a lot of the game but going through the deep roads at high level is fun
>>
>>380701596
Only a little bit, and for only one small portion of the game. Since this is a bug, there's no way you can take them with you unless you use a mod that changes the way you select party members to take with you.
The extra party members are only useful for one small portion of the game. Lifesaver, at best. Timesaver, at least.
>>
>>380701918
Nigga you should've told him about the deal with redcliffe
>>380701596
If you don't want to deal with bullshit, don't go to Redcliffe first.
If you do go there, you have to commit, or else the town goes poof.
>>
>>380702237
speaking of redcliffe, RIP Zaeed Masani, the Mayor, you glorious bastard
>>
>>380699530
Expect bugs and errors around every corner in an otherwise enjoyable but not stellar game. Never managed to finish it because the game crashes on one specific scene every time for me and never found a solution to that.

Also bloated number of enemy encounters but that is workable. The origins stories are the best written parts of the game anyway.
>>
>>380701918
I think they patched it so it scales with your level if you go somewhere like Orzammar first. Used to be Mages -> Redcliffe -> Elves -> Orzammar for me.
>>
File: I did good today.jpg (647KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I did good today.jpg
647KB, 1920x1080px
>>380701918
>>
>>380702556
there is scaling but orzamarr specifically has a beefgate

One of my favorite memories of my first run was stumbling upon the Ashes quest from exploring the dudes house in denerim and following all of it, thinking it was just a nice in depth side quest the whole time, getting to Redcliffe later on and when they ask for the ashes just casually be like, oh, I have those.
>>
Can anyone confirm if equal love mod breaks the fighting between morrigan and liliana if you lesbian romance both of them/forces you into the sex ending choice as I've read it seems to do?
>>
File: ntr.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ntr.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
>>380699530
cuck the elf, demand kisses as rewards, watch LIs be butthurt

bueno~
>>
>>380702819
Did the same thing
Good timea
>>
Leliana best girl.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.