[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SegaForever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (603KB, 610x1518px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
603KB, 610x1518px
What's Sega up to?
they are sending out casette tapes to random people, with oldschool Sega music on them, giving them a hashtag with Segaforever on it.

Apparently they are going to do something with retro gaming on mobile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxBX7H4darQ

they also have a twitter, that's so far posted pic related
>>
>>380695654
New console to save gaming BABYYYYYY
>>
>>380696056
>mobile

doubtful.

I imagine they are giving the taxman mobile port treatment to a bunch of retro games of theirs
>>
File: we9329239023.jpg (188KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
we9329239023.jpg
188KB, 1000x1400px
>>380696056
sega could afford a modest handheld for classics and some new stuff, hardware is inespesive now, but they are lazy and retarded
>>
I JUST NEED ANOTHER JET SET

RADIOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>380695654
Probably an official emulator where you can buy ROMs.
>>
I was disappointed it wasn't Commodore ports of their games. Would any of the cassette-based PCs have been capable of running any megadrive games?
>>
They're going to release an app that acts like a hub for different emulators and they'll be releasing a Sega branded game controller intended for use with smartphones to coincide with it.

If you buy the controller you get a few of the games available to purchase with it.
>>
Master System collection.
>>
>>380698301
Has anybody tried to load a game from the casettes?
>>
>>380698315
Man that idea is just the worst. I really hope they aren't doing that
>>
NEW COMIX ZONE PLEASE
>>
>>380696056
>wanting more consoles
KYS, retard.
>>
>>380695654
Probably just a Master System mini
>>
>>380698315
This is 100% accurate, I guess you're in Project Blue too? When did you join up?
>>
>>380695654
I'd be down for a master system collection
>>
According to this video it's just a subscription service with cloud saving and a cheap-o mode with adverts for poor people. Pretty clever to be honest, they're making an advert delivery service just by dumping old ROMs on peoples phones which is sure to bring in a continuous revenue stream for years and years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40T48L6FMsE
>>
File: IMG_0173.png (331KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0173.png
331KB, 600x338px
>>380695654
>Apparently they are going to do something with retro gaming on mobile.
In the early days they ported a bunch of their old games like Golden Axe and Sonic 1 to mobile as roms in a shitty emulator. They took them down because they sucked but revived the Sonic ports when they hired Taxman who made them the best versions of the games with new features like Tails & Knuckles in Sonic 1 and an official Hidden Palace Zone. They also ported Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio to mobile but took them down due to them not wanting to update them, but have since brought back Crazy Taxi.

So yeah, I'll totally believe they're gonna start porting more old games over now that they have someone who can do it competently.
>>
>>380698026
Those faggots removed the mobile version from the store because they didn't want to update it for later firmware. Crazy Taxi suffered the same fate but eventually came back, JSR didn't. Shit's dead.
>>
>>380703157
>Sega Saturn support
FUCK YEAH

Though DESU I was already playing Panzer Dragoon on my phone cuz we got a working Saturn emulator but still, official version would be rad.
>>
>>380703157
>>380704606
>Sega Saturn support
>dat info

By itself it's not very exciting, but it feels like a tool they can use to gauge interest in certain series, in order to produce new games and sequels.
>>
>>380696056
Why would you want that? There's no way a new company could make a new console and succeed at this time. They had the chance 20 years ago to compete and the field was open for new competitors, but not anymore.

More players are driven away from consoles and choosing PC or mobile gaming.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.