[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It wasn't THAT bad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Silent_Hill_Homecoming.jpg (51KB, 256x315px) Image search: [Google]
Silent_Hill_Homecoming.jpg
51KB, 256x315px
It wasn't THAT bad.
>>
It wasn't, and in fact it's the best out of the non Team Silent games. It has a very good story with a great twist, and the gameplay is fun.
>>
There was an attempt

Downpour was horrible though
>>
File: sh.jpg (93KB, 506x316px) Image search: [Google]
sh.jpg
93KB, 506x316px
Which one was better?
>>
>>380695727
Downpour offends me less. And at least it tried to be different, rather than just be the movie.
>>
Yes, it was. Worst of the franchise.
>>
File: 08_sFojZim.jpg (175KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
08_sFojZim.jpg
175KB, 720x1080px
>>380695727
Downpour had nice weather effects and a well-sculpted town

Homecoming had better bosses

Gonna go with Downpour, rain is comfy
>>
>>380694347
you're right anon It was worse
>>
>>380694347
But it was bad, by nearly any measure.
>>
The music was great, the story was sad and while not too deep, it resonated with me a lot. Alex is my favorite SH mc. I can see why a lot of people hate it, but it hit me deep and I appreciate it because of it. The game tried, it didn't succeed, but man, did it try.
>>
I hated the combat,shit sucked

>>380698404
>The music was great
It was pretty gud https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7p246TVaZk

>the story was sad and while not too deep
I'm pretty sure it was a mess and tried to copy SH2 too much as did Downpour
>>
I haven't played any of the newer ones. I kinda wish they'd get an HD collection, but after what happened last time I'm not so sure. All they need to do is release them in 4K for the Pro. At least I'm not aware of the Wii game or Downpour being on PC.
>>
Is Book of Shadows any good? I'm trying to find something spooky to play on the Vita.
>>
It legitimately wasn't.
The game was fun in its own right. The issue people seem to have is that it just wasn't scary.
>>
>>380699389
All I've seen of it is bad, but the worst thing for you is that it's not spooky at all. There are probably real spooky games on the Vita.
>>
>>380699389

The game is okay but it is so far removed from Silent Hill that if you jumped into the game with absolutely no knowledge of what the game was you wouldn't know it was Silent Hill.
But it isn't bad. Repetitive though.
>>
File: 1485721778310.jpg (122KB, 800x439px) Image search: [Google]
1485721778310.jpg
122KB, 800x439px
>>380694347
Worst of the franchise. Never have I been so baffled at a game's shittiness. Everything about this game is bad. People like to harp on Downpour for being and looking shitty, and while they are completely right, Homecoming does the exact same shit by being a buggy, ugly mess, but does it worse.
>>
The high point of the game is the main menu, where you can listen to the music without have to play the shitty game
>>
The music was legit good, the journey was okay but it felt somehow super repetitive if you play it for more than 30-45 minutes.
>>
>>380698958
Every game after SH2+3 were DESPERATE to recreate that twist ending SH2 had, it was bizarre how unoriginal they were.
>>
Some of the bosses were neat, but the design of the whole thing was bad, starting from the premise from a game design perspective.

The selling point of Homecoming was that it was Silent Hill, but more combat oriented since the protagonist was a soldier, and actually knew what the fuck he was doing when it came to guns and CQC. That's how it was advertised. However, because SH just have to have a twist since it worked well in SH2, Homecoming decided to make it so he was never a soldier in the first place, which undermines the entire point of making a combat-oriented Silent Hill.
>>
>>380694347
yes it was
>>
>>380694347
One problem is everyone seems to want to pull the SH2 twist of the protagonist having done something horrible in the past to the point everyone's starting to expect it now
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.