[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5 minutes in and I'm bored to tears. Does this get any better,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: file.png (108KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
108KB, 250x310px
5 minutes in and I'm bored to tears. Does this get any better, or did a 9.5 mean something different 6 years ago?
>>
Not really in terms of combat. Arkham combat is generally on par with Dynasty Warriors shit in terms of being brainless.
>>
>>380692760
the combat is pretty bad, and the climbing segments feel the same as any Uncharted/Ass Creed but less fluid. Is it just because of the story and character interactions it is so beloved?
>>
overrated trash. this is what you get for trusting ign
>>
>>380692493
Ten seconds into this thread and I'm bored to tears. Does this get any better, or did shitposting mean something different 6 years ago?
>>
>>380693829
Hello /co/ what garbage capeshit are you consuming today ?
>>
You get the a better grappling hook doing the vr thing near the pier wich makes gliding and moving more easy.
Later on some setpieces/gadgets and the way you use them are pretty great.
Other than that if you dont like Asylum or batman rogue gallery you will not like it.
>>
>>380692493
The combat is meh, but the story is amazing. The amount of content in the game is great, and the amount of references to batman characters that don't always get a chance to shine is a serious bonus.

It has some great scenes, the twist and ending specifically are great.

If you like batman and videogames you might like it, and if you don't like batman or videogames you are probably retarded and shouldn't have played it to begin with.
>>
>>380692493
>I have ADHD
Take your meds Tim.
>>
what kind of ADD faggot are you if you get BORED IN 5 MINUTES
>>
>>380692493
Have some patience you fucking child.

>waaa no dubstep lazer scene in the intro
>game fucking SUCKS man
>I quit.
>*cums on face and eats it*
>>
Get medication
>>
>>380693047
That and being a power fantasy for ultra casuals. It even earned a bunch of GOTY awards. It's just sad.
>>
>>380694094
>>380694175
>>380694205
>>380694282
>>380694396
Jesus Christ, does the concept of a hyperbole fall short for you? At what point can I say I gave the game a fair shake? Because I'm willing to wait that out.
>>
File: twcPs[1].jpg (97KB, 600x859px) Image search: [Google]
twcPs[1].jpg
97KB, 600x859px
>>380694491
>Earned a bunch of GOTY awards
DID it now?
>>
File: file.png (8KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
8KB, 256x224px
>>380694741
>never heard of GotY Every Year
>>
>>380694691
heres a clue
MORE THAN FUCKING 300 SECONDS
>>
>>380694691
If your autism and ADHD combo are so severe that you got bored of it and instantly came here, you don't need to keep playing it. You obviously didn't enjoy it.

The game doesn't magically change at some point, you get better gear and abilities but the enemies will get more annoying. Unless you're in it for the story (which is top tier) you don't need to keep playing if you don't enjoy the concept of "playing as batman" enough to like the game so far.
>>
>>380692493
nope, open world was a mistake for the series.
metroidvania lite is where this game shined
>>
>>380692760
>Dynasty Warriors shit in terms of being brainless
Dynasty warriors is straight baseline garbage. It's like the transformers of game genre.

The arkham series was actually fresh when it came out. Arkham City was the peak before everyone started copying it hard.
>>
It gets good if you play it on hard and wait until they actually introduce varied enemy types that require the player to utilize different gadgets and combos in order to keep the damage chain flowing. Higher chains increase damage, incentivising the player to play tactically or have long drawn out fights. Its a great system they got, more fleshed out in Night and less worried about slowly babying the player into it. Shitposters played it on easy or hate the fact that its so well received.

Since you apparently haven't played this game, (you wouldn't lie on the internet just to pretend to be asking a simple question with the intent of arguing, right?) I would say skip straight to Arkham Night, the story is shit in both so im only saying this if you want good gameplay. The tank is ridiculously overused but its very fun as a shooter, that again is boring at first but becomes fun when they introduce more and more mechanics to manage.
>>
>>380692493
Congrats, you have ADD. Stop playing video games and buy a fidget spinner and a small dog.
>>
I mean its the first 5 mins man, be more patient with the game.
>>
>>380692493
You should see a doctor, it sounds like you have a pretty severe case of ADHD
>>
File: 1495172753109.png (132KB, 471x478px) Image search: [Google]
1495172753109.png
132KB, 471x478px
>>380695414
>you have ADD. Stop playing video games
Do we really live in an age where people really think ADD people aren't meant for vidya?
>>
File: arkham city baneposting.jpg (463KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
arkham city baneposting.jpg
463KB, 1920x1200px
Understandable. Five minutes is all you need to run into this meme shit
>>
File: batmandies.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
batmandies.webm
3MB, 640x360px
I love every Arkham game, but I will be the first to say this game is only fun if you:

1) play on hard
2) never upgrade your armor. (once you even upgrade it once, the game gets too easy)

If you play this game with insta-death after 3-shots to the head, it feels like your batman but most people are too immature to play this way.
>>
>>380695764
If the ADD causes you to get bored of a game in 5 minutes, then they aren't meant for gaming.
>>
>>380695764
Well as you can see with the OP, he was bored with the Arkham game before getting out of the fucking prison scene. So I guess so.
>>
>>380695970
it was the church scene with Harley actually
>>
>>380696089
No catwoman DLC?
>>
>>380692493

I don't think I even finished arkham city. It didn't catch me the same was as asylum, origins, or knight.
>>
>>380696201
I got the GotY, so yeah it was the Catwoman scene in the start
>>
>>380696308
I see, well, in all seriousness, give it a little more time, if it's not fun then throw it out. I wasn't being serious with the ADD crack, but 5 minutes is pretty quick to judge a non atari2600 game, in my opinion.
>>
I like to think of the Batman games as being modern day beatemups. If you don't like say Turtles in Time you wont like Arkham City
>>
>>380695784
it's supposed to be witty banter between two people and you think it's a meme because you just stumbled upon the phrase? Make it less obvious you're new.
>>
>>380697385
Was getting baited part of your plan?
>>
>>380692493

No OP, you simply don't have shit taste.

The Bamham Akrham games are trash and designed to appeal to dumb casuals and gaming journalists. As long as you button mash you can't lose, the game practically plays itself for you. You are right to be bored.
>>
>>380697980
how does button mashing work against anything other than the basic enemy type? Ive tried it and it didnt work like you guys led me to believe.
>>
>>380694691
>5 minutes in

Did you even get the batsuit yet?
>>
>>380698759
ye, i climbed the building, got the bat suit, and did the Harvey Dent scene.
>>
>>380692493
kys
>>
>>380695341
AK WOULD be great if the tank didn't exist and the Riddler challenges weren't trash
>>
>>380697980
>As long as you button mash you can't lose
Factually incorrect, Arkham games have multiple enemy types that can't just be button mashed. Shield guys and tazer guys and kung fu guys and mini-bane guys all need specific combos or strategies or you WILL die. If you so much as tap the "attack" button against a shock baton guy you'll be punished harshly, it is impossible to button mash.
>>
>>380692493
Asylum is the only truly great Arkham game, everything after has some major glaring flaw that brings it down
>>
It's just not your thing man. I feel you, my boss lent me his ps3 and with this game, Deadpool and the three God of War games. They are all repetitive and boring to me, you just beat the shit of lots of guys with different weapons.

I gotta say I haven't tried playing them on hard. This thread is tempting me to give it one more shot.
>>
>>380700358
Unless its a bad game, playing on hard generally means you have to understand the game mechanics, its mentally stimulating. Without that challenge a good game can feel like "wow im just pressing one button to win, this is repetitive and boring" For example, Deadpool is not a good game.
>>
>>380699107
Baton Guys are memers, if I ever get flawless free flow is because I was somehow lucky Batman didn't just automatically attacked them despite me facing the other way. They and the shield guys, which seem pretty easy until you realize Batman never aims them with his kick thing.
>>
or perhaps you just have different taste you fucking retard.
>>
This "only Asylum is good" meme must die, I finally got a GPU that can handle Knight and even as the worst game, it's still pretty good, and combat isn't as casual as the other games (Batmobile fighting and APC shit are cool too, the rest like Riddler challenges is shit).
>>
>>380698209
>>380699107

Alright lads, riddle me this. If you can't easily finish the Bamham games purely via button mashing. Then how did I finish the game by button mashing?
>>
>>380694094
>but the story is amazing.
This is what a mouthbreather comic fan actually believes?
The story in which Batman ignores his lover to carry out his enemy on his hand in something that can only be called the worst fucking type of pandering butchering all characterization and consistency?
Also twist was retarded and pulls out never see before enemy and deus ex machina tier magic out of the ass to solve the plot.
>>
>>380695878
I cannot believe they even gave that show a pilot episode. It should have been killed in the pitch meeting.
>>
File: 1497540798272.jpg (53KB, 474x595px) Image search: [Google]
1497540798272.jpg
53KB, 474x595px
Reminder this is what spiderman will be
>>
>>380692493
you should have bought origins or Knight
i told you a million timesCity is the worst of the franchise
>>
I loved Asylum but hated City. City threw everything right about Asylum out of the window in favour of open world. It was the big trend to do that 5-10 years ago.
>>
>>380694741
>EAT MA PERIOD.
>>
>>380702290
you didnt play on hard or did an incredibly inefficient amount of damage when you could of been building up combos and hitting harder. Its good design because it caters to babies like yourself and people that want a challenge.
>>
>>380692493
Are those theads like the usual MH threads where the OP is overdone bait to draw attention?
>>
>>380701774
Asylum had way better level design, a laughably better story, Hamill and Conroy were more engaged, Scarecrow sequences, didn't lock actual content behind collectible grinds, no Batmobile, a better overall atmosphere that wasn't bloated, and Arleen Sorkin.
>>
>>380695784
Arkham City was released before Dark Knight Rises.
>>
At least Crazy Quilt gets mentioned. Shame he doesn't make an appearance though
>>
>>380702290
how many good games can I mindlessly run through on an easier difficulty regardless of how inefficient I play? I guess I can throw out nearly every game.
>>
>>380702965
Lmao that's real??
>>
>>380704518
Beware the Batman. They gave Alfred guns.
>>
>>380692493
>100 point rating systems
Shig.
>>
>>380692493
No it doesn't get better.

Congrats, you just got meme'd by mainstream reviewers, friends or whatever.
>>
>>380694691
>hyperbole
Yeah nah you are a retard stop trying so hard
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.