[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so appealing about another rehash of Sword Art Online?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: hack-GU-Last-Recode-TM-Europe.jpg (36KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
hack-GU-Last-Recode-TM-Europe.jpg
36KB, 600x337px
What's so appealing about another rehash of Sword Art Online?
>>
Sword Art Online was actually the rehash of .hack
>>
>>380691026
Weak bait. Thread will now be about things we would change/fix in the remake.

>Field music transition needs to return
>Remove battle fences
>Boost difficulty or add difficulty settings
>Rework the Cubia scenerio so it doesn't feel so tacked on (Make it a steady progression starting from Vol 2 as Haseo acquires more of the phases' powers)
>Removing Alkaid for a good chunk of the game was not cool.
>>
>>380692267
Why remove the battle fences? They were fun to bounce people into.
>>
>>380693925
I enjoyed how in IMOQ the battles occurred in the field rather than being trapped inside like dungeon rooms. It and the difference in acquired items made for a nice contrast in the exploration of those environments in IMOQ. Also, it'd be cool to see npcs interacting with the field, like when they are harassed by pkers.
>>
>>380691026
We knew the SAO clones would start popping up sooner or later. Just ignore it.
>>
would it be possible to mod IMOQ to have fragment combat?
menus not pausing the game already changes a lot. the real good shit was the button shortcuts for skills. You could map everything and battles flowed a lot better.
>>
.hack is for fedora tippers.
SAO is much better.
>>
If I have never seen/played anything .hack will I enjoy the remakes?
I've always had a vague interest for the series
>>
>>380691026
i lost track after the 2nd series of games. where are we now?
>>
>>380691026
SAO is the poorman's .hack
>>
File: 1493512690443.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1493512690443.gif
1MB, 540x540px
They said that they fixed the difficulty against some enemies. Who do you think got changed?
>>
>>380697008
They're fine games if you like the MMO atmosphere. There's a lot of story material in side stuff like the corresponding anime.
Sadly all games/anime beyond roots/g.u. era dropped like a rock in quality.
>>
SAO is for brainlets that couldn't piece together the relatively simple story of .hack and needed a retarded cyberspace naruto ripoff to watch while they wait for their minecraft mods to finish downloading over UmaDeliciaNet.
>>
>>380697008
Yeah, you might not get some slight references but you will still enjoy it. The real question is if you can handle an edgy autist running around shouting "DO YOU KNOW TRI-EDGE?!" for 120 hours because that's how long this shit is gonna be.
>>
>>380691026
Wasn't SAO originally .hack fanfiction?
>>
>>380697386
He stops doing that by the end of vol 1 and by the end of 2 you know who tri edge is, how the hell do you strech that to 120 hours.
>>
>>380692267
>new game+
I hated how the DG Z had zero use after taking fucking ages just to get it.
>>
>>380697539
a self-insert .hack fanfic to boot
literally submitted tor publication
>>
>>380691026
>another rehash
it's the original idea, and it's a hell of a lot more interesting.
If you didnt play the original ones on ps2, don't bother with this at all though.
>>
>>380697386
The trilogy is like 45 hours max if you do everything. 30 or less if you don't
>>
>>380698015
I want a source for this. I want to believe.
>>
>>380698232
Not 100% true, but it was written in the winter the same year that .Hack//Sign first aired in Japan for a contest to be published. the author never actually submitted it in because he exceeded the page limit of the contest.
>>
>>380698232
There's not really a source, but SAO was submitted for publication as SIGN was airing on tv in japan, which coincidently also featured the concept of being stuck in an MMO.
Maaaaaybe its all unrelated.
>>
>>380698232
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/sword-art-online/novel-1

>>380698752
Yeah its a coincidence his wrote this the same year ,hack//sign and .hack//infection came out. Because videogames and anime take less than 1 year to make.

Nah its a blatant fanfic he wrote when he heard about .hack only he added a ton of self insert dumbshit into it.
>>
>>380698757
>new anime with video game tie-ins that's set to become a massive multimedia franchise features a very specific premise
>coincidentally another manga submitted right after it's debut just happens to feature the exact same premise
Hmmmm
>>
I played these games with cheats on PS2. I'll buy this remaster but I doubt I'll beat it.
>>
>>380697154
I'm guessing the doppelganger won't be so bullshit
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.