[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Character Action Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 508
Thread images: 96

File: IMG_1518.jpg (106KB, 640x732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1518.jpg
106KB, 640x732px
Why do people pretend this game's gameplay is the peak in its genre? Bayonetta and MGR are both better desu.
>>
File: 1487526704409.jpg (65KB, 393x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487526704409.jpg
65KB, 393x500px
easier=/=better
>>
Why do you make a thread labeled "Character Action Thread" and the first thing you do is hate on a character action game?
>>
>>380681125
I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or just implicitly complementing yourself.
>>
>>380680953
All three are great games but come on, how can you say that DMC4, especially Dante in that game, doesn't have better gameplay than Bayo or especially MGR which isn't that complex for an action game.
>>
>>380680953
>MGR
I felt MGR's combat was pretty shallow in some cases, it was obviously kinda pigeonholing MGS tropes into a character-action shell.

I did like Bayo more though.
>>
Bayo isn't even half as good
>>
>>380680953
You're an idiot because you started a franchise war thread, not a discussion thread.
>>
File: 1497312784153.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497312784153.webm
3MB, 640x480px
Bayo has forced QTE sections in nearly every chapter

Its GOW tier
>>
>>380680953
DMC2 was the peak of character action games and the DMC series, fight me.
>>
DMC4 had extremely annoying enemies.
>>
File: 1490166566207.png (261KB, 569x563px) Image search: [Google]
1490166566207.png
261KB, 569x563px
Fuck all that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHUcohywK5E

Thoughts niggas.
>>
>>380681798
lol
>>
The combat is far more deep and has far more advanced mechanics that give you the ability to be far more creative than either of those games.

4 is only the peak in terms of combat depth. 3 is the best game.
>>
>>380682287
And too few enemy types as well. And it didn't help that Nero only has one weapon.

God I fucking hate that game.
>>
>>380682017

Only another retard would be dumb enough to pick a fight with a retard. So good like with that.
>>
>>380682010
God I wish I had a system capable of playing a Ninja Gaiden that wasn't that simplified, stylized one on Steam. I want to get into this series so bad.
>>
>>380680953
Bayonetta is pretty much what DMC4 should've been, outside of a few tweaks that make her combos more open-ended.

DMC's controls are largely awful in comparison to other action games, being too obtuse and input heavy.
>>
File: 1483888636043.png (183KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1483888636043.png
183KB, 500x377px
>>380680953
>and MGR
>>
>>380682010
There's only 2 forced QTEs in Bayo 1, and they're both easy as fuck and give you plenty of warning.
>>
>>380682770
This is what you get for being a pc-cuck.
>>
File: 1490236930340.png (4KB, 235x153px) Image search: [Google]
1490236930340.png
4KB, 235x153px
>>380680953
In my opinion DMC4 is better, MGR was too easy and simple, I liked bayo but I simply love style switching and concentration gauge too much, Vergil is so damn fun
>>
*hack and slash thread?
>>
what do you guys think of Musou?
>>
>>380683582
This. When the fuck did these games stop being called hack and slash, but Diablo like games started? You hack, and you slash. It's literally the main characteristic of these games. Diablo like games are isometric RPG's. You don't JUSt hack and slash there, there's also magic and arrows and shit. Fucking hell people.
>>
>>380683203
vergil is ez mode in dmc4
>>
>>380683936
Diablo is as much an RPG as any of these games are.
>>
>>380682538
2d hack and slash + launcher has been done to death, but those platform mechanics look interesting
>>
>>380680953
>MGR
>Better than anything
you have to qualify that statement with "the Jetstream Sam DLC" because anyone who thinks Raiden's gameplay isn't shallow mashy bullshit has invalid taste.

Bayonetta is better than DMC4 though, and even those who disagree would say it's a valid argument to try to make.
>>
>>380684429
>those platform mechanics look interesting
Finally, some originality!
>>
DMC games and shit are on sale at the Humble Store, should I just grab them now or wait for the Steam Summer Sale?
>>
>>380682538
2D will never be as good.

The thing about 2D stylish action games is, if you don't have to deal with 3D positioning, you ought to just make a fighting game with sidescrolling platformer mechanics, rather than using the moveset conventions of a 3D game.
>>
File: Ninja_Gaiden_Sigma_BoxCover.jpg (77KB, 500x576px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja_Gaiden_Sigma_BoxCover.jpg
77KB, 500x576px
So, I've been wanting to play this for a while now, but I don't have an Xbox.
Are Sigma 1 and 2 as good as Black and 2?
>>
I prefer DMC 3. DMC 4 tilted towards pandering to combovidfags
>>
>>380680953
>Bayonetta

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Because it objectively nets the best looking combat
>>
Are you retarded? Honestly, are you?
Mgr doesn't reach one ounce of DMC4 complexity, even of Nero.
>>
>>380685715
pls respond
>>
>>380685715
The general consensus:
Black>Sigma1>2>sigma2
>>
>>380683857
It's like cutting grass in Zelda but flashier and somehow less fun.
>>
DMC4 has the highest skill ceiling.
>>
I haven't played a single hack and slash that even comes close to the insane skill ceiling DMC4 has specially Dante.
>>
>>380683582
It's called character action you fucking idot
>>
>>380683582
>>380683936
Diablo and its ilk have been referred to as Hack N Slash games since they fucking released in the 90's.

Devil May Cry came out years later and I never saw ANYBODY refer to it or its clones as Hack N Slash games until like 2010.
>>
>>380688124
what do you think of Legendary Dark Knight mode in 4SE? what about Sengoku Basara?
>>
I love MGR but you are fucking retarded if you think the gameplay is anywhere near as complex as Bayo, let alone DMC4.
>>
>>380687527
But other than the censored gore and lowered difficulty, is the gameplay the same?
>>
File: 4b6.jpg (13KB, 600x515px) Image search: [Google]
4b6.jpg
13KB, 600x515px
>>380680953

>character action
>>
>>380685715
I think Vanilla 2 is a fucking terrible game myself, Black is the only good Ninja Gaiden that isn't on NES.
>>
>>380680953
>Dude QTEs lmao

Fuck off.
>>
>>380680953
MGR's gameplay is weak as shit outside of Sam.
>>
>>380682538
Looks really good, graphics especially.

Somebody fucking tell them to change/improve those fucking hit sounds though.
>>
File: rage chen.gif (109KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
rage chen.gif
109KB, 209x193px
i've been playing DMC4 since the original and i still don't feel like i've mastered it, while mgr and bayo i started on hard (except bayo, since no hard mode) and every consecutive playthrough just upped the difficulty and really didn't have a hard time.

to be honest, mgr was the easiest on revengance and bayo was just boring on nsicm because the game wasn't really built without wt in mind, even if you know how to dodge cancel.

platinum games are usually just button mashers where you find two or three moves you like and just get good at timing because all of their games have some timing gimmick which breaks the game if you master it.

also
dmc3>dmc4
>>
>>380680953
>Why do people pretend this game's gameplay is the peak in its genre?
Because they're obsessed with worthless combos over killing things efficiently and having a well designed moveset to accomplish that.
>>
>you have a character
>he/she does actions
apparently this is special enough to be a genre now.
>>
>>380681272
>how can you say that DMC4, especially Dante in that game, doesn't have better gameplay than Bayo or especially MGR
Because he's a recycled, watered down version of DMC3 Dante with a terribly balanced moveset, and 4's enemies in general aren't fun to fight.
>>
>>380682010
>Bayo has forced QTE sections in nearly every chapter
And DMC4 has lost woods, gyro blade 'puzzles', that stupid run away from Echidna bit, and Snatch platforming.
>>
>>380682589
>4 is only the peak in terms of combat depth.
>Real Impact: The Game
>deep
Choose one. Only one.
>>
>>380689404
Difficulty in Sigma 1 is only "lowered" because you have more savepoints and shops. Also, gore isn't really censored, because it wasn't that bloody of a game to being with.

Sigma 2 has better framerate than vanilla 2 and less incendiary shuriken spam from offscreen enemies, but at the expense of less enemies on screen at once.
>>
>>380690435
I want DMC3 in colorful, lush environments. I don't get why this genre is filled to the brim with monsters and gloomy environments. MGR had a great aesthetic.
>>
>>380687375
>Mgr doesn't reach one ounce of DMC4 complexity, even of Nero.
>Raiden
>4 distinct melee weapons
>Nero
>one melee weapon that was a ripoff of the real character's
What did Anon mean by this?
>>
>>380690807
Well at least there's Credo.

Gone before his fucking time.
>>
>>380689404
Sigma 1 is basically the same as Black, Sigma 2 is widely different and basically a neutered version of vanilla.
>>
>>380691372
Because DMC comes from horror roots.
>>
>>380687375
But it is more fun and that's what counts :)
>>
>>380691372
But MGR was 90% dusty industrial grey.

Colorful environments can work, but it depends on the aesthetic. DMC works best with the Gothic atmosphere.
>>
>>380691372

>mgr
>washed out colours everywhere

the only pretty part was the jap garden.
>>
>>380688619
It's just Action. Hack and slash if you need to qualify it further. Character action sounds retarded.
>>
>No more DMC
>Not even a MGR sequel
how do I stops the pain
>>
>>380690435
>bayo was just boring on nsicm because the game wasn't really built without wt in mind
It was completely balanced around not needing WT, 2 is the fuck up.

>platinum games are usually just button mashers where you find two or three moves you like and just get good at timing because all of their games have some timing gimmick which breaks the game if you master it.
Kind of like RG in DMC3 and [insert stupid just input gimmick] in DMC4.
>>
>>380691591
>>380691639
tbf, I am thinking mostly of Denver. Game really peaked there.
>>
What are /v/'a opinions on Trish and Lady's gameplay in DMC4SE?
>>
>>380692213
Both are extremely fun, Lady is really simple though.
Also having Gloria as a DLC is bullshit but I got the game for like 15 bucks.
>>
>>380680953
>MGR
is a half baked game where main design has too many conflicting remnants of ideas from kojimahack to actually work as a proper action game

it's a game with terrible balance and no proper work done to make a satisfying learning curve work from normal to hardest difficulty throughout

> DMC4
isn't even a game, it's a stub with ten levels

and new halfbaked character like they did in SE only exacerbated the issue.
>>
>>380691314
>>380691532
Thanks anons!
>>
>>380691874

>balanced around WT
enemies are MUCH harder to stagger on NSICM which turns the game into just dodge offset spam mode.

>RG
perfect timing in RG is waaay harder than anything in mgr or bayo and is just one playstyle of many.
even if you style switch a lot your mentality is switching non stop from going "will i perfect guard, do some trickster, dodge or try to stagger the enemy in my next button press?" while bayo and mgr is keeping one mentality throughout the whole game "mash attack and wait for a moment you feel comfortable to perfect time a move".
>>
>>380692774
This. And Trish has a LOT of potential after 4SE. I'd like to see Itsuno expand on her.
>>
It's easy to get good at Bayonetta. It's babbies first action game, and MGR is just shallow as fuck. DMC4 is the ultimate action game and takes immense skill to get good.
>>
File: 1481115109513.jpg (33KB, 356x425px) Image search: [Google]
1481115109513.jpg
33KB, 356x425px
>>380683582
*3d beat-em-up thread
>>
>>380692842
Vergil and Trish are fun tho
>>
>>380693007
>enemies are MUCH harder to stagger on NSICM
No they're not, they all have well defined periods when they can be staggered/launched that can be easily capitalized on with Afterburner Kick.

>just dodge offset spam mode
You can crush NSIC without ever learning to dodge offset without using items or Rodin/Pillowtalk/Kilgore exploit. It isn't terribly difficult.

>perfect timing in RG is waaay harder than anything in mgr or bayo
You are grossly overestimating RG, jump buffers make it simple and you don't have to block every attack.

>even if you style switch a lot
Why would you use RG in DMC4, the only thing it's decent for is deshielding blitzes.

>will i perfect guard, do some trickster, dodge or try to stagger the enemy in my next button press
You'll beat on the enemy with whatever until you see something about to hit you, avoid it then continue the beating until nothing is still standing, just like Bayonetta/MGR.

>mashing 'attack'
>in Bayonetta
What.

>wait for a moment you feel comfortable to perfect time a move
That sounds like a terrible way to play any of these games. You keep up the offense until you're forced to do something else, and Bayo/MGR, for all their sins, are much more interesting offensively than Dante Must Combo 4.
>>
>>380693665
>DMC4 is the ultimate action game and takes immense skill to get good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDztPKuIwb8

So deep. So skillful.
>>
Bayonetta is a better game overall but the QTE really suck, they could have just as easily not been a part of the game.
>>
>>380680953
lots of depth, little else especially game designs to teach the mechanics
overall package is lackluster better than bayo worse than mgr
>>
File: DMC4 Vergil Combo 1.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
DMC4 Vergil Combo 1.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>380693946
I'd bet you 100 dollars you wouldn't even be able to do that in less than 20 tries. Nice cherrypicking though.

A literaly 10 year old could be good at Bayonetta. The dodge window is so great that you'd have to be retarded to get hit by anything. Just attack mindlessly and dodge when the enemy is about to attack.

Metal Gear Rising has no depth at all. Slash slash, cut.
>>
File: NekoNekoComboTime!.webm (3MB, 800x300px) Image search: [Google]
NekoNekoComboTime!.webm
3MB, 800x300px
Are we cuhrayzee enough?
>>
>>380693806
>No they're not
yes they are, just check it.

>dodge offset
i never use items in action games and neither did i use any of those weapons but you really do need to dodge offset if you want pure platinum.

>overestimating RG
haven't played 4 in a while and am more focused on 3 on my ps2 so you may be right, you lose the feel for 4 once you return to 3.

>the only thing it's decent for is deshielding blitzes.
i use it depending on the situation, really random when i use it, i don't even use it every time i'm fighting a blitz.

>You'll beat on the enemy with whatever until you see something about to hit you, avoid it then continue the beating until nothing is still standing, just like Bayonetta/MGR.
just bashing on enemies fucks your style and score while it really doesn't affect you in mgr or bayo if you just mash a few combos.

>What.
have a few ground combos and a few air combos and those are the ones you'll always use. like the combo that ends with the million kicks, use that almost all the time.

>Dante Must Combo 4.
no real benefit in comboing in mgr or bayo, like i previously said it doesn't affect the score nearly as much as it does in any dmc game, few ground and few air combos and your good to go, just get good at the core gameplay mechanic that is timing in those two games.
>>
>>380693806
Just popped into this thread but mgr really is boring after the first two run through's
>>
File: 50fssm.jpg (5KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
50fssm.jpg
5KB, 100x100px
>>380682010
Makes me cry when I see this god i wish they brought back OG Ninja Gaiden. 3 was ass
>>
>>380687375
DMC4's "complexity" is completely lost on a half-finished game with no enemy variety.

>>380694286
>The dodge window is so great that you'd have to be retarded to get hit by anything. Just attack mindlessly and dodge when the enemy is about to attack.
5 frames is the witch time window, first frame of being hit is the Bats Within window. The only reason it feels easier is because Bayonetta can dodge-cancel, where as almost everything in DMC4 needs to be jump canceled.

Trickster dash has more iframes than anything Bayonetta can do, but everyone touts that shit like it takes some pinnacle of mechanical skill to use effectively.
>>
Bayonetta and MGR combat is complete breaindead. These games were made for casuals... Although that's not saying they are bad games or not enjoyable but DMC4's combat can't be beat and it won't ever be surpassed either considering the route the genre took since like 10 years ago.

It's like going from SFIII (DMC4) to SFV (Bayonetta, DMC reboot, etc.) kind of casualization. There is no going back from this.
>>
>>380694286
>the Anon defending DMC4 is a combofag
What a shock.

>I'd bet you 100 dollars you wouldn't even be able to do that in less than 20 tries.
Why would I want to, it is completely worthless and counterproductive.

>A literaly 10 year old could be good at Bayonetta.
On lower settings? No shit. Anyone can break DMC or Bayonetta on Normal or below. Only the highest setting with restrictions matter, and no ten year old is going to be proficient at that with either of them.

>The dodge window is so great that you'd have to be retarded to get hit by anything.
Kind of like DMC4's jump, only instead of making enemies aggressive and competent they just gave everything super armor and nigh instant counter attacks.

Also, Rodin 1 is a much better fight than any in DMC.

>Metal Gear Rising has no depth at all.
It has plenty of options worth using, as opposed to the Real Impact simulator, and better enemies to boot.
>>
File: GodHandGene.png (184KB, 423x616px) Image search: [Google]
GodHandGene.png
184KB, 423x616px
>>
>>380694750
>just check it
I have. Even larger mid sized can be constantly launched with ease.

>but you really do need to dodge offset if you want pure platinum.
Doubt it, but have never tried to PP Bayo 1. Only talking about crushing a vanilla playthrough.

>i use it depending on the situation
There is virtually no other situation worth switching to that waste of a style slot. It is arguably worst than Pandora's GS moves in terms of usability.

>just bashing on enemies fucks your style and score
Who cares about either, style only matters if you're specifically going for the highest ranks (which is almost never), and the best ways to build style devolve to spamming certain moves over and over.

>have a few ground combos and a few air combos and those are the ones you'll always use
That isn't mashing attack.

>no real benefit in comboing in mgr or bayo
Yes, however, unlike Dante Must Combo 4, they don't have a single attack in their moveset that is head shoulders above everything else, and that everything else isn't garbage.
>>
>>380695334
>DMC4's combat can't be beat and it won't ever be surpassed
It has. Multiple times, by Bayonetta and even MGR in many ways.

>It's like going from SFIII (DMC4) to SFV (Bayonetta, DMC reboot, etc.) kind of casualization.
What is this 'casualization'. For the love of Christ, don't cite some pointless combo shit that doesn't help you kill things.
>>
>>380680953
>character action
Sorry, it's just action. Character action doesn't make any fucking sense, sounds retarded and is never going to stick outside of a couple of mouthbreathers here and whatever youtube superstar you got that from.
Get fucked.
>>
>>380691659
This. The "character" generally isn't even the important part, since the games are all about the mechanical depth and challenge and the characters are largely interchangeable.

The term character action was originally used to refer to mascot platformers like Crash, where it actually makes sense to use because using the character for marketing purposes beyond the game itself is generally a significant reason for why those games exist. You could swap Dante with any other action hero and it wouldn't change anything significant about the game.
>>
>>380695448
>combofag
redpill me on this meme
>>
>>380694497
Game?
>>
File: GodHand.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GodHand.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>Almost 100 posts
>No one has mentioned the true GOAT
>>
>>380683936
Diablo has always been "hack and slash." The term was originally derived from low-brow fantasy books and applied to tabletop RPG players, DMs, and campaigns that focused entirely on combat instead of roleplaying, i.e., hacking and slashing their way through everything instead of sticking to the spirit of those games. Since Diablo essentially takes the mechanics from tabletop D&D games, but has a purely combat-focused approach (compared to other CRPGs with more roleplaying like Planescape or Baldur's Gate), it's a natural fit to carry over the description for that style of game from the tabletop days. The whole point of the phrase "hack and slash" is to imply that it's a mindless act of repetitive violence, which completely goes against the spirit of games like DMC which are all about the technicality and style of the action.
>>
>>380696863
Wtf did I just watch....

Looks like a casual fun beat 'em up game
>>
>>380696525
It's a Japanese term that's existed since the Famicom.
>>
and when you grow up you can play God of War
INB4 muh square square triangle on normal mode
>>
>>380683936
YOU HEARD IT HERE FOLKS: DOOM IS A SHOOTEMUP BECAUSE YOU SHOOT THINGS UP IN IT
>>
>>380691010
except dmc is all about the combat, when combat occur, its the best of the best. bayo doesnt like you playing the game for thecombat
>>
>>380696714
Retards who think dancing in the air like a fairy beating on sandbags is more important than killing things efficiently and having a moveset designed around that. They'll argue using an arbitrary sequences of attacks on an enemy for 'style' (in games without hitstun decay or damage scaling) is better than killing that enemy faster with a safer, easier to execute, less resource intensive, more consistent tactic. Some will go so far as to claim fighting efficiently is for scrubs and bad form, while generally shying away from challenge runs beyond getting the highest rank on vanilla settings (usually a joke). They also tend to ignore the best way to get style/combo points (the metric by which these games measure 'style') is spamming a few exploitable attacks over and over, as opposed to mixing attacks up.

DMC4 catered to these idiots and being the last proper DMC game warped perception of what the series was (efficiency focused in DMC1 and a balance of efficiency and style in 3).
>>
>>380694286
>The dodge window is so great that you'd have to be retarded to get hit by anything
stop with this shit bait.
>>
>>380691314
this, the people who shit on the sigma games i think have autism
>>
>>380696714
Someone who values needlessly impressive ways to dispatch enemies that take considerably less effort than they prefer, in a way they deem appropriate.
>>
>>380691314
Sigma 2 also had the good sense to cut out the worst parts of vanilla 2 that make it an absolute nightmare to go back to, but the lowered enemy count really is a shame.
>>
>>380697454
>except dmc is all about the combat
So is Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, Wonderful 101, etc. All these games have stupid shit slapped in them that's tolerated for the sake of the combat.
>>
>>380697320
>I'm so full of shit OMG
Sure.
>>
File: Nezumi-Otoko_movie.jpg (39KB, 255x247px) Image search: [Google]
Nezumi-Otoko_movie.jpg
39KB, 255x247px
>>380697443
It's arena isn't?

You pick up power-ups.....
>>
>>380696714

not exactly a combo fag but more of a score fag.
i'm the person that never uses items or continues and don't go into over the top combos unless i feel like it.
i barely managed a bayo pure platinum run since restarting the game at a single just platinum medal is a bigger chore than getting the pure platinum, what a fucking gay way of retrying a battle.

but to explain combofags, ego....
>>
>>380697490
Efficiency didn't mean jack shit. DMC1 has aged fucking terribly and is an awful game, Shinobi PS2 and NGB clearly did the whole 'efficiency based action' thing better.

DMC3's flashy style is the only thing that saved the series and the genre from totally vanishing into God of War garbage.
>>
>>380693946
the skill ceiling in dmc3 and 4 is so high it basically doesnt exist. Thats why people love dmc. stuff like this or doing vergil 3 without ever touching the ground are incredible feats because its damn near impossible to do
>>
>>380697490
>>380697640
t. can't into combofagging
>>380697973
>DMC3's flashy style is the only thing that saved the series and the genre from totally vanishing into God of War garbage
wat
>>
File: devil-may-cry-3.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
devil-may-cry-3.webm
2MB, 480x360px
Post webms.
>>
>>380698205

what is that?
>>
>>380697685
except all platinum games have a fetish for interrupting the combat for "muh spectacle" dmc never wastes time with that shit
>>
>>380697973
>Efficiency didn't mean jack shit.
Try Special Bonusing M3 or M22 without playing efficiently. See how far you get. DMC1 certainly wasn't about style (which barely showed up or influenced rank).

>DMC1 has aged fucking terribly and is an awful game
Incredible. Combofags are willing to shit on their own series for the sake of their arbitrary attack sequences.

>DMC3's flashy style is the only thing that saved the series
>he actually believes comboshit is the only draw of DMC3
Yeah, not like it doesn't still have one of the larger and better movesets of the genre, good difficulty that's also fair, and enemies that were fun to fight that worked in the context of the game.

>from totally vanishing into God of War garbage.
You don't know the first thing about playing GoW well. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>380698553
you press square square triangle and you block
wow god of war is so hard.
>>
>>380698552
>dmc never wastes time with that shit
"I'll take who is Nero for 500 Alex".
>>
>>380695597
I LOVE IT
>>
>>380698205
Needlessly flashy
>>
>>380698515
What is what?
>>
>>380697973
Full retard.

>>380698189
>t. can't into combofagging
If this is all you got, then the two explanations given were spot-on.
>>
>>380698760

those bars at the bottom left
>>
>>380698553
>>380698798
>thinking DMC1 has aged remotely well
incredibly muddy and dark visuals, JUMPING WITH FUCKING TRIANGLE AND ATTACKING WITH CIRCLE, no real time weapon switching, incredibly clunky gameplay.

It's as much of a fossil today as Rising Zan was 10 years ago.
>>
>>380698798
>If this is all you got, then the two explanations given were spot-on.

t. uses items and is satisfied with an A rank
dude why you even participate in these threads if you are literally just talking trash and praising muh efficiency? people having fun with a game isn't allowed or something?
if you are an efficiency fag just get a job and leave video games to people who actually have fun with them.
tho you really sound like a fag that tried and failed in being non efficient guy.
>>
>>380698552
DMC4 did this the most of every entry with shitty weapons like Pandora and Gilgamesh taking eons to perform their combos effectively, which is why they're almost never used in any kind of high-end play.

Nero as a character was made entirely for the casual player to feel like they're doing well.
>>
>>380698685
>Plume spam
As expected, you are a know nothing casual too afraid and stupid to move out of your comfort zone. Rest assured, higher level GoW2 play has many more worthwhile and interesting offensive options than DMC4.

>wow god of war is so hard.
Then by all means, give the clones a go in GoW1 without upgrades on Very Hard. I'm sure you'll make short work of them and not run into the nastiest wall you've ever come across in the genre.
>>
>>380680953
>Bayonetta and MGR are both better desu.

Newer doesn't equate to better. MGR and Bayo both have DIal-a-combos. In DMC4 you can access all your moves whenever you want DMC3 there is even more depth, especially if you use the style switcher mod.
>>
>>380699028
>grafix
Who cares.

>remapped controls
Also who cares.

>no real time weapon switching
Like Ninja Gaiden.

>incredibly clunky gameplay
Nice opinion you got there. The only mildly clunky/frustrating part of DMC1 is the life system, and that has nothing to do with core gameplay.
>>
>>380699456
>MGR and Bayo both have DIal-a-combos
So does DMC3 and 4.
>>
>>380699135
This is exactly the kind of triggered response I expected, bravo.
>>
>>380699135
>dude why you even participate in these threads if you are literally just talking trash and praising muh efficiency?
The point of weapons is to kill things. Being able to style is nice, but when weapons start to largely abandon efficiency in favor of style, something has gone very wrong.
>>
>>380694802
>It's another faggot didn't play NG3 and doesn't even know about Razor's Edge episode
>>
>>380680953
DMC4 had assy enemies and some awful levels
>dat jungle

It's such an uninspiried game
>>
>>380699846

at least you got your (you), and are still a combolet.
>>
>>380680953
Bayonetta is a poor man's DMC.
>>
File: My thighs when.jpg (265KB, 1024x1681px) Image search: [Google]
My thighs when.jpg
265KB, 1024x1681px
Where the fuck was this thread hiding for the past 3 hours?
>>
>>380680953
Because it is
>>
>>380700181
No because Bayonetta isn't a sandbag sim.
>>
>>380700079
Razor's Edge is better than both versions of 2 but it's still an awful game. NG is an awful series, Black was a FLUKE and I'm convinced cookieface has no fucking talent.
>>
>tfw no new ps2 style shinobi
>>
God hand is the peak of this genre, you may not like it but it is.
>>
>>380682770
What systems do you have?

It really fucking sucks that PS3s are no longer made, are just as fucking expensive and buying a used one feels dodgy.

But you can try buying one of those refurbished ones, if you're lucky it should last you long enough to play the 3 games.
>>
>>380700432
I'd be fine if Nightshade wasn't so much worse.
>>
>>380680953
Shitnetta is legit garbage and MGR is good for everything BUT the combat (which is passable)
>>
>>380700432
DELETE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW
>>
>>380700505
>PS3s are no longer made
Wait they totally discontinued it?

>>380700279
You're right, it's a QTE sim.
>>
>>380699719
>So does DMC3 and 4

Nope. Having to time the button presses of a single button is not a dial-a-combo system. This is the extent of memorization needed for DMC

hit hit hit
hit hit pause hit
hit hit pause hit hit
(in air) hit hit hit
(In air) hit hit pause hit

In Bayo and MGR you have two buttons so you end up with bloated movelists and half your good moves locked behind attack chains like

A B A B Pause A A A
A A A A B B B A B
A B A B A B A A A
A Pause A B B A B
>>
>>380700335
>muh Black

Gee, how did i guess that you were one of these fucking autists. Fuck off. Why do you people even pretend you like Ninja Gaiden, just fucking say muh Black so no one wastes their time engaging you.
>>
>>380700674
>Having to time the button presses of a single button is not a dial-a-combo system.
Yes it is. Dial a combo=strings. DMC has strings. And Bayonetta/MGR have directional inputs as well.
>>
>>380700656
Yeah like a couple of weeks ago they announced the end of production.

Makes me fucking terrified to turn the thing on, especially with this fucking heat.
>>
>>380700786
Not my fault Black is the only good NG.
>>
>>380699928
It's not even about efficiency, it's about stupid shit like this >>380698205. Where the player is needlessly dashing around like a retard and jump-cancelling into nothing impressive.

Then you have retards like this >>380699135 that put this style of gameplay on a pedestal, like it's some impressive feat to needlessly jump cancel around a permanently staggered enemy or group of enemies, and slowly kill them. Then these same people take it a step further and decide that if you don't play in this style or like this style of play, you're somehow doing poorly at the game, and/or unskilled at it. This is despite the fact that this style has never been needed in a single entry of the series, even on the most difficult settings.

Yet these same faggots will look down on other action games, which have less convoluted input schemes and more impressive weapons, with better enemy variety and overall improved design, because it doesn't fit into their narrow view of what takes "skill". It's like they completely lack self-awareness of their ego over fucking nothing.

They are the cancer that prevents us from having a decent action game thread on this board.
>>
File: Ninja-Gaiden-II.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja-Gaiden-II.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>380701012
t. didn't play NGII
>>
>>380691659
>>380688619
>>380680953
It's stylish-action. Action is a huge umbrella genre that encompassing everything from shmups to mario, character-action is a neogaf term and makes no sense.
>>
>>380698732
That's the point.
>>
REMINDER TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN NINJA GAIDEN TO ONLY PLAY WITH THE JAPANESE DUB.

Trust me on this, the english dub for all 3 of those games is fucking awful while the JP one is awesome and everyone feels on character.

2 minutes 38 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wBfsld5nnc
1 minute 52 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzKuNHFgg7Q

The rest of the videos can be ignored (haven't watched them). Couldn't find a decent audio comparison unfortunately. Very weird example, i know, but that line makes my penor twitch every time.
>>
character action is a stupid fucking name

fuck tbfp

they're hack and slash games
>>
>>380701012
It says fuck off right there in the post anon, just in case you missed it.
>>
>>380700335
>Razor's Edge
>better than 2
What? I thought 2 was great.
Have only heard bad things about 3.
>>
>>380701174
I did, it's fucking garbage and an insult to NGB.
>>
>>380701172
Well said.
>>
>>380701174
>all those i frames

I'd love to see someone play through NGII on Master ninja without abusing them all the time.
>>
>>380700674
At the basest levels maybe.
High level play is constantly style switching to Trickster and TPing and into another style, into another weapon and back into a Trickster TP
>>
File: Ninja abdominal exercise.webm (1MB, 1320x530px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja abdominal exercise.webm
1MB, 1320x530px
>>380701384
Then maybe you should fucking play Razor's Edge instead of being a fucking parrot. Have you considered this revolutionary corse of action?
>>
File: wrong.jpg (51KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
51KB, 670x377px
>>380700674
> Having to time the button presses of a single button is not a dial-a-combo system
wrong

it literally is

not to mention Bayo has paused inputs as well

> In Bayo you have two buttons so you end up with bloated movelists and half your good moves locked behind attack chains like
There is only one (1, uno) Bayo move from attack string that you can't do via special command input

It generally helps to actually play games you pretend to have knowledge bout
>>
>>380700825

The equiped devils arms (regular attack) and the style button function independently of one another unlike in Bayo and MGR where you have two buttons that seamlessly chain into each other. This means that DMC has fewer and shorter strings than Bayo and MGR. A regular person can easily master all of Dantes moveset whereas only a complete autist would bother to learn all of Bayo strings. Bayo is a shit game because it actively encourages mashing and simply dodging away when you're about to get hit.
>>
>>380697490
>>380697640
>>380697961
What if I'm someone who enjoys both?
>>
>>380701615
Sorry for trying to discuss videogames on /v/, cropped porn-kun
>>
File: You Died.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
You Died.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>380701531
They can't because NG2 on Master Ninja is shit. Sigma 2 is MUCH better but it has it's own different problems
>>
>>380701724
Are you new? Taking /v/'s opinions on video gamed as the fucking gospel is what got you in this situation. Don't fall for the echo chamber.
>>
>>380701715
Long as you're not shilling combos and putting them over/acting like efficiency doesn't matter you're not a combofag.
>>
>>380682538
>You'll never BTFO someone so hard you travel to a different dimension
>>
Efficiency is gay and is why Vanquish is a shitty game.
>>
File: shrug:.jpg (17KB, 204x190px) Image search: [Google]
shrug:.jpg
17KB, 204x190px
>>380701703
>Bayo is a shit game because it actively encourages mashing
And DMC doesn't? Unless you're playing on higher difficulties both games can be mashed through pretty effortlessly you would only run intro trouble with the Jeanne and Vergil fights respectively.
>>
>>380685715
Almost missed this.

IGNORE ALL XBOT AND BLACK AUTISTS

Go play Sigma 1, Sigma 2 and Razor's Edge. You won't regret it.
>>
K, I've got a ps3 and sigma 1 and 2.

Those good enough to get into the series,or..? Should I pick up black?

I love DMC and Bayo
>>
>>380700887
Fucking shit. It's crazy to think it's done and over with. I don't want mine to die. Ever.
>>
>>380701839
I dont have a clue what you're talking about. I've only played vanilla 1 and 2 and the demo for vanilla 3 on 360. None of the rereleases/special versions.

I wanted to hear why 3/RE was good because it was universally panned.
>>
>>380701748
I don't understand why people love Ninja Gaiden so much.

It has a lot of archaic problems and the game never feels like it will let me play the way I want to. It feels more like a puzzle game where I have to figure out the right i frame move to use on a specific enemy.

Like I'm not sure how someone would beat NGB without using Flying swallow.
>>
>>380701703
>This means that DMC has fewer and shorter strings than Bayo and MGR.
But still has strings, which is still dial-a-combo.

>A regular person can easily master all of Dantes moveset
Jump canceling, RG, distorting, just framing Gilgamesh charged attacks, and getting stuff like Ultimate Tempest to come out are all harder to learn and perform than Bayonetta's strings.

>Bayo is bad because I'm too lazy to try out all her attacks in practice mode
Ok.

>Bayo is a shit game because it actively encourages mashing and simply dodging away when you're about to get hit.
You can say the exact same thing about DMC. Even moreso because of shit like Spiral RG canceling.
>>
>>380702232
It's a good game but the camera is super frustrating
>>
>>380702024

>Bloated movelist of visually similar strings
>witch time dodge slows down enemies so you can mash even more safely.

Bayo is easily the mashiest game.
>>
>>380702232
DMC4 is my favorite game of all time.

That being said, I really enjoy Ninja Gaiden because it's just fast. Not a fan of the shitty puzzles tho. That's probably why I never beat Sigma 1, I got lost in some town and have no clue where to go so I stopped playing.
>>
>>380681329
MGR was my first hack and slash and I didnt get much enjoyment
>>
File: NinjaGaiden.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
NinjaGaiden.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>380702232
>I don't understand why people love Ninja Gaiden so much.
Because the games are fun.
>>
>>380701748
>boss grapple is a multihit attack
>survives the first hit
Huh. Weird.

I dont understand difficulty scaling where the damage values just go up 300%.
Seems like a chore to play at that point.
>>
>>380702368
Only certain moves activate Witch Time and the game isn't even designed around Witch Time, in fact on the highest difficulty it is disabled entirely except for certain Alfheims.
How is that a problem, are you not good enough for Infinite Climax?
>>
>>380701748
Vanilla is far better than Sigma 2 in most respects but having dumb puzzles.

>>380702232
>I don't understand why people love Ninja Gaiden so much.
2 has the best movesets in the genre and the enemies are competent.

>the game never feels like it will let me play the way I want to.
>some moves are better against some enemies than others
Imagine that.

>Like I'm not sure how someone would beat NGB without using Flying swallow.
FS is awful in Black.
>>
Character action games can be very different.

DMC and Bayonetta are fairly similar.

Ninja Gaiden is very different than both of them.

MGR is sort of an in between.

Neir automata is an action rpg, but it's close.

This isn't a contest, though. I'm just sad MGR will never get a sequel. What Platinum did in such a short time could have really become great with a sequel effort.
>>
>>380683857
Musou is boring. Sengoku Basara at least tries a little.
>>
>>380701970
Just because God Hard spanked you doesn't make it a bad game.
>>
>>380702679
>DMC and Bayonetta are fairly similar.
No they aren't.
>>
>>380683857
Boooring...
>>
File: Smug.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Smug.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>380702078
You are set.

You got the best versions of both games and don't let anyone tell you otherwise because they either have nostalgia goggles or are full of shit.
Get Razor's Edge as well, vanilla 3 is ABSOLUTELY NOT acceptable substitute.

Black is 100% redundant next to Sigma, it's the same game but with worse graphics and less content. Don't fall for the "it's harder" meme also, it only has less save points which means it actually has worse game design AND they actually buffed some enemies in Sigma

Sigma 2 has some substantial changes from regular 2 but they are for the most part for the better. It has even more content disparity this time and better graphics as well. It has less enemies on the screen at all time but that is a good thing because in 2 more enemies only means more projectile spam which means doing nothing but spamming invincible frame moves. It also cut the 2 worst filler bosses of the whole franchise and replaced them with an actual unique fun boss. The only bad things about Sigma 2 are the toned down gore and the enemy grab damage on Master Ninja mode, but i would take that over projectile spam any day.
>>
>>380702912
kek
>>
>>380702078
Never played the sigma versions but Black is god tier
Definitely give it a play
>>
>>380702228
3 is NOT good. RE IS good, they are night and day, completel mechanic overhaul and added a shit ton of content. It's not a DMC4 Special Edition situation.

I'm not about to go over all the details of the game anon. It's Ninja Gaiden, it's good.
>>
File: xZ9cJ_d.jpg (77KB, 640x444px) Image search: [Google]
xZ9cJ_d.jpg
77KB, 640x444px
>>380702679
Am I the only one who kind of hates MGR for not being the game it was planned to be originally?
>Raiden as a cyborg in failing health like Grey Fox was
>more MGS than character action
>robotic enemies were depicted as very threatening, not just a big guy to beat on
That always soured the experience for me.
>>
>>380682986

There's at least 6 different jumps which are QTEs, not counting boss fights.
>>
>>380701324
ah yes, because retards like them were smart enough to come up with that term.
>>
>>380702323
I don't think it's a bad game. I just don't think it is as good as everyone thinks. Or why even compare it to DMC/Bayo. They play completely different.

>>380702565
Ninja Gaiden to me doesn't have anything as unique or interesting to use as something like Lucifer or Nevan. Most of NG's weapons are just swords.

>>380702912
>projectile spam

This is such a serious problem and you are the first person I've ever seen mention it on this site. Why does no one else seem to recognize this as a huge problem? It's part of the reason I never feel like I can use the moves I want to. If I use anything but non stop i frame move/UT's I get shredded.
>>
>>380703116
I like the MGR we got, but I would have loved to play Metal Gear Solid Rising. Too bad they literally couldn't make a game out of it.
>>
File: 56cc98c3612065e88625659dafd811ee.jpg (146KB, 736x1051px) Image search: [Google]
56cc98c3612065e88625659dafd811ee.jpg
146KB, 736x1051px
>>380703116
>>
>>380702461
Sigma 2 on Master Ninja IS a chore to play, so was original 2 to be honest. But Master Ninja is not the whole game. It's bad game design and i don't know why they did it, it's not the same for Sigma 1 or Razor's Edge.

""""Fun"""" fact, Elizabeth can actually kill you twice in the same grab if you have Rebirth Talisman
>>
>>380702232
You just sound so awful at these games that i don't even know where to start. I mean it.
>>
>>380703116
Replace Raiden with Gray Fox and I'd like it
>>
File: e2719e23c6f7f2e4c08aed1ba161ed3a.jpg (149KB, 736x1052px) Image search: [Google]
e2719e23c6f7f2e4c08aed1ba161ed3a.jpg
149KB, 736x1052px
>>380703410
I don't buy that. I think it was just the makings of Konami being fed up with Kojima's projects being massive money sinks.

I though the writing was pretty bad too.
Turned Raiden at the end of 4's arc into a Shonen anime guy.
>>
is there a guide to getting DMC3 to run on PC without being at the shitty 1000x500 awful resolution limitation?

I tried putting the thing you're supposed to along with dinput to use a gamepad and this fucking shit doesn't work for me
>>
File: Kissu.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kissu.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>380702145
Me neither. Hold me anon :(
>>
Is it safe to say that DMC 3 and 4 are two of the best action games?
>>
>>380702323
My favorite meme
>>
>>380702078
>Should I pick up black?
Yeah you should
>>
>>380703908
Absolutely
>>
Bayonetta plays like god of war with less qtes
>>
File: 0110_005.jpg (219KB, 1000x516px) Image search: [Google]
0110_005.jpg
219KB, 1000x516px
>ywn fuck all of these MGR concepts
>>
>>380680953
>Character Action
Stop trying to forced this shitty genre label. They're called "stylish action".
>>
>>380703348
It's only a serious problem in vanilla 2 and honestly

>Most of NG's weapons are just swords

You sound like a massive lying faggot with an agenda.
>>
>>380703661
Then apparently Kojima would rather shit on his own team by saying they couldn't make a good game than just chalk it up to something vague like scheduling or budget conflicts.
>>
File: 1495190713343.jpg (23KB, 721x489px) Image search: [Google]
1495190713343.jpg
23KB, 721x489px
>>380703348
>Most of NG's weapons are just swords.
>>
File: 1497154586398.jpg (61KB, 936x920px) Image search: [Google]
1497154586398.jpg
61KB, 936x920px
>>380704090
>They're called "stylish action".
What happened to just calling them action games?
>>
I'm still working out DMC4 and does anybody have a complete comprehensive guide on everything you can do with Trickster? Help a newbie out.
>>
>>380694497
What's that? One of the Freesia games?
>>
>>380703465
>can kill you twice in the same grab
Jesus
>>
>>380696863
nice aspect ratio faggot
>>
>>380704194
Sounds like typical corporate PR, yeah.

After what happened immediately after with GZ/TPP/V and Silent Hills, I buy it.
>>
am I the only one who feels like Bayonetta's move system is too complicated to learn in a reasonable amount of time, while DMC makes perfect sense as each move is tied to a specific input?
>>
>>380703612
I enjoyed the game for the most part. But Ninja Gaiden has bad design.

The final boss if you fail him requires you to redo a platforming section with awkward cameras EVERY TIME.

Bosses on harder difficulties will spawn in adds/mobs/whatever you want to call extra enemies.

If you kill enemies next to a save point, save after they're dead, and die, they will respawn right next to the save point.

Enemies will spawn in thin air, and you can watch them do so, and if you go to far they will despawn then respawn with full health unless you kill them.

>>380703925
Explain why the camera is good. You either have to run towards an enemy making you vulnerable to getting hit so you can press L1 to make it face Ryu, or you have to take your thumb off the face buttons to use the analog. Unless you want me to claw. In fact, there's a boss in 2 where the developers realize the camera is dumb and that you should have a lock on for the fight.

>>380704131
>>380704272
Well for instance in Ninja Gaiden Sigma there are 12 weapons. 11 if you don't count the spear gun, 10 if you don't count the blonde chick's hammer, 9 if you put together the nun chunks with the flail because if memory serves they literally replace them as an upgrade. There are 7 swords. 8 if you count the dual swords twice.
>>
File: Mommyiji.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Mommyiji.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>380702078
Don't forget to use the Japanese dub!
>>
>>380704879
>I enjoyed the game for the most part. But Ninja Gaiden has bad design.

Nothing is perfect

>The final boss if you fail him requires you to redo a platforming section with awkward cameras EVERY TIME.
>Dying to the final boss

Yeah, that's what happens when you spam FS like a faggot through all of the game instead of learning anything,

>Bosses on harder difficulties will spawn in adds/mobs/whatever you want to call extra enemies

It's not my favorite thing in the game and only happens in the first one but it's not a major problem either, in fact in a lot of bosses it makes them easier.

>If you kill enemies next to a save point, save after they're dead, and die, they will respawn right next to the save point.

So sorry you can't brute force your way through it

>Enemies will spawn in thin air, and you can watch them do so, and if you go to far they will despawn then respawn with full health unless you kill them.

Legitimate complaint. Only happens in the first game.

I'll go over you weapons bullshit in a different post.
>>
>>380704081
Whoa that last thing looks like something out of Silent Hill
>>
Since we have this thread up, what did you guys think of Viewtiful Joe? The first game holds up surprisingly well but I never bothered to finish 2.
>>
>>380705783
Never played em unfortunately.
>>
>>380705283
>Yeah, that's what happens when you spam FS like a faggot through all of the game instead of learning anything,

Whether or not a player is bad does not excuse bad design on the developer's part. Making you do an unskippable platforming section if you die is not good design.

>It's not my favorite thing

It's still bad design.

>So sorry you can't brute force your way through it

This isn't about brute force. You have already killed the enemies. In the first (and second I think) ninja gaiden save points only give you health the first time you use them. Them re spawning is just tedious. If you really want to brute force you could just farm the re spawning enemies to purchase consumables. That would be brute force.
>>
>>380697117
If you havent played God Hand you are missing out.
>Unique camera perspective
>Custom movesets
>Flashy super moves
>Suplexes
>Deep combat
>Great OST
Best Shinji Mikami game, hands down.
>>
>>380705783
In my opinion VJ1 is better than 2
The second one is great anyways, and the DS one is interesting enough
>>
>>380706081
>Unique camera perspective
that makes most of the combat arena blind to you

off screen attacks are so bad -- designed was forced to put a radar instead of rethinking the perspective

off screen attacks' sound effects not working make it even worse still

>Custom movesets
with just one string to customize and nearly half of the moves just being damage ugprades over the each other

>Suplexes
literally QTE
>>
>>380693753
my nigger
>>
File: gcn joe pops [8x2munCDtMU] .webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
gcn joe pops [8x2munCDtMU] .webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>380705783
2 kinda fucked over alternate characters with cosntant Joe and Silvia tag system
>>
File: A E S T H E T I C S.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
A E S T H E T I C S.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>380704879
So let's see, it's time for some DMC vs NG weapon variety piss contest. For brevity's sake i'll use the versions of each game with the most weapons and I'll skip the ones with copy pasted movesets AND the ranged weapons. Don't blame me for this:

SPOILERS AHEAD

DMC1:

>A sword
>Gauntlets
>A different sword that looks like shit but has cool as fuck transformations but also that you won't use because it has no Devil Trigger

DMC2:

>A sword
>Two daggers
>Fuck if i Remember

DMC3:

>A sword
>Dual swords
>Gauntlets and sabatons
>A key ring you use as nunchaku
>A guitar...
>1 Kat
>1 Kat n Sord

DMC4:

>A sword
>Another sword
>Armor suit (melee stuff)
>A rocket launcher
>Roses/Spike things
>1 Kat
>1 Kat n Sword
>Transformer sword from DMC1

SIGMA 1:

>1 Kat
>2 Kat
>Chinese Quarter Staff
>Kama Nunchaku
>War Hammer
>Boomerang 1 Kat that also sometimes is 2 Kat
>Giant Sword
>Giant Wood Paddle

SIGMA 2:

>1 Kat
>2 Kat
>Claws and Talons
>Chinese Quarterstaff
>Kama Nunchaku
>Kusarigama
>Giant Scythe
>Tonfas
>Giant Sword
>Dual Kodashi
>War Hammer
>Naginata

RAZOR'S EDGE

>1 Kat
>2 Kat
>Claws and Talons
>Kusarigama
>Giant Scythe
>Chinese Quarterstaff
>Dual Kodashi
>Wakizashi
>Naginata

Supreme DMC weapon variety my dude
>>
>>380706009
>Whether or not a player is bad does not excuse bad design on the developer's part. Making you do an unskippable platforming section if you die is not good design.

It is. It was also very common design back then.

>It's still bad design.

it literally isn't
>>
>>380682538
Looks very Rain Blood Chronicles: Mirage
>>
File: Unbearable.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Unbearable.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>380682538
>2D
>>
File: 23454657657.gif (1B, 486x500px)
23454657657.gif
1B, 486x500px
>Get told DMC is just a punching bag simulator with arbitrary flashiness.
>mfw I realize I've just been having artificial fun.
>I've just been mashing buttons on a controller all this time.
>Video games are ultimately pointless.
>It's all just a giant waste of time.

What the fuck do I do bros?
>>
I know you motherfuckers didn't just let me type all that shit out for this thread die now...
>>
>>380707102
>DMC2
It has like 4 swords I actually think. But who's played DMC2?

>Sigma 1
You're missing the laser sword and Dark dragon blade. They're in the game. Even if they're a clone/mostly clone.

I can't say for the other extra weapons in 2/3 because it's late and I don't wanna look it up. Off your list there is 13 swords/sword weapons. It's like 45% of the weapons for the entire game. And it is much worse in NG1 which I remember most. It's not a majority but it still makes up most of the weapons in the games.

I'm not trying to say DMC is the godsend of weapon variety but there's nothing as unique as a guitar weapon or Lucifer in NG. Everything in NG (except for the scythes probably) is just Ryu using real weapons.

>>380707976
Viewtiful Joe is basically 2D. What's your issue friend?

>>380708118
I'm still here you cocksucker. I'm doing shit while talking to you.
>>
>>380708023
I know you are being sarcastic but DMC3 (on release) literally made me drop the action genre when a similar kind of thought, minus the hyperbole, dawned on me mid playthrough.
>>
>>380708158
>4 swords
That all have the same movelist. Even the minor overlap with Sparda/Force Edge/Alastor in DMC1 wasn't as egregious as DMC2
>>
File: 1457817205147.jpg (38KB, 297x545px) Image search: [Google]
1457817205147.jpg
38KB, 297x545px
>>380707102
>Calling Red Queen "another sword" but differentiating a katana and wakizashi
>leaving out all ranged weapons
>Devil Bringer isn't a weapon
>Vergil's Beowolf is the same as Dante's
>>
>>380708158
The laser saber and the Dark Dragon Blade have copypasted movesets minus the UTs for the DDB. I did not include them for the same reason i didn't include Force Edge.

>I can't say for the other extra weapons in 2/3 because it's late and I don't wanna look it up. Off your list there is 13 swords/sword weapons. It's like 45% of the weapons for the entire game. And it is much worse in NG1 which I remember most. It's not a majority but it still makes up most of the weapons in the games.

What the fuck does this even mean? They don't have the same moveset nor do they look the same. What is your point? That DMC has less swords because it has less weapons?

>I'm not trying to say DMC is the godsend of weapon variety but there's nothing as unique as a guitar weapon or Lucifer in NG. Everything in NG (except for the scythes probably) is just Ryu using real weapons.

That's because a guitar as a weapon is fucking RETARDED and plays RETARDED. How many games can you list where you can use things like nunchaku, kusarigama, tonfas, chinese quarterstaff, scythe, naginata, shit even the swors you seem so bummed about, and they all look like something straight of a martial arts movie?

NG is literally this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhCHw0Ovqf4

The Game.

Every weapon is good, every weapon is fun, every weapon looks amazing. There are a ton to pick and you can pick anyone or every single one. The only "ehh" are the heavy weapons in the first game because they have a smaller moveset, unless it's Rachel using her War Hammer.

>Viewtiful Joe is basically 2D. What's your issue friend?

I haven't played it, but thanks for 3 (You)s in a row
>>
>mgr
not with those shit controls
its unplayable
>>
>Shinobi is dead
>Ninja Gaiden is dead
life is suffering
>>
File: 1452917324240.jpg (44KB, 400x411px) Image search: [Google]
1452917324240.jpg
44KB, 400x411px
>>380709175
>That's because a guitar as a weapon is fucking RETARDED and plays RETARDED.
>>
>>380709546
Shinobi got a game on the 3DS
And it's good
>>
>>380709589
Not him but Nevan is fucking trash, it's not fun in the slightest.

Rebellion + Cerberus is patrician.
>>
File: forgotten heroes.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
forgotten heroes.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>every thread, there's a guy that tries to spark a DMC vs NG war
Pathetic, man. Both are equally dead.
>>
>>380708951
>Calling Red Queen "another sword" but differentiating a katana and wakizashi

Yes because one is a sword and the other is a short sword or side sword. You wouldn't call them the same thing or use them the same way, but what would you call Red Queen when you call Rebellion a sword?

>leaving out all ranged weapons

Son, i just did DMC a favor by leaving out ranged weapons. You don't want to go that way.

>Devil Bringer isn't a weapon

It's not. At the most it's a side weapon which i would put under ranged ones for a lack of a better category (i know it's melee), what it really is is just a move set expander. That would be like me listing Dragon Sword and True Dragon Sword seperately or Dragon's Claw & Tiger's Fang and Blade of the Archefiend separately.

>Vergil's Beowolf is the same as Dante's

I honestly did not know how to word it so i omitted it. But fine, you can have it that way. it still shares the same graphics and effects though...but yes yes, different moveset.
>>
File: 1457251448005.gif (40KB, 415x415px) Image search: [Google]
1457251448005.gif
40KB, 415x415px
>>380709689
Nevan is literally the best weapon in the game man.
>>
File: Nero-High-Roller.webm (1004KB, 444x300px) Image search: [Google]
Nero-High-Roller.webm
1004KB, 444x300px
>>380709787
>but what would you call Red Queen when you call Rebellion a sword?

A sharp motorcycle.
>>
File: qx59.jpg (13KB, 243x300px) Image search: [Google]
qx59.jpg
13KB, 243x300px
>>380709840
Beowulf > Cerbeus > Rebellion > Agni and Rudra > Nevan
>>
>>380709627
>shinobi3ds is good
don't lie to me, anon. I've seen the gameplay. I was hoping for something fastpaced like shinobi 3 (or super shinobi 2 for you weeaboos). I still play that and Revenge every other month.
>>
>>380709175
>What the fuck does this even mean? They don't have the same moveset nor do they look the same. What is your point? That DMC has less swords because it has less weapons?

I'm just talking about variety in the weapon types. My point is Ninja gaiden is mostly swords. If we're going off movesets DMC has a lot going for it, because then we can include ranged weapons which have their own distinct style and movesets.

>That's because a guitar as a weapon is fucking RETARDED and plays RETARDED

The guitar is a cool weapon. It is unique and interesting. It allows you to fly, charge attacks, play rock songs that hurt enemies, shoot balls of lightning, or you can use it like a scythe/guitar thing if you so choose.

I think you might have a personal bias towards this sort of theme for an action game. Being Martial arts with weapons.

>Every weapon is good, every weapon is fun, every weapon looks amazing.

Same goes for DMC.

>>380709787
>leaving out ranged weapons
>leaving out rainstorm
>leaving out backwards shotguns blasts
>or nunchuck shotguns
>All of Pandora
>The summoned swords moveset

Also you haven't played Viewtiful Joe? Next you're gonna tell me you have played Godhand.
>>
>>380690807
then play ninja gaiden if you want balance and challenge
>>
>>380709710
>War

War is SoulsShit. These are more like the Zoolander gasoline fight.
>>
>>380709963
Not him but Swap Cerberus for Rebellion and you've got yourself a deal
>>
>>380709710
>>380710572
I only argue because I hate that there seems to be a lot of NG posters who have to brag about their game.

It's not perfect, it's not great. It's good. I accept that DMC has a lot of stupid shit that I don't like. I want others to accept the same about Ninja Gaiden's bad design.
>>
File: 1494489029990.gif (147KB, 223x222px) Image search: [Google]
1494489029990.gif
147KB, 223x222px
>tfw just re-downloaded DMC4:SE the other night
>tfw really want to go back to it and finally git gud
>tfw started playing SFV as well and I want to git gud at that and other fighting games, which is going to take up a lot of my vidya time
>somewhat afraid of losing my fightan skills from playing other types of games
>tfw also started playing like two other games
>also want to get to all the other CUHRAYZEE games I have, finally 100% them and start doing some combo video shit in them too
I HAVE SO MUCH SHIT TO DO HOLY SHIT WHY ARE THERE SO MANY GOOD GAMES TO PLAY
>>
>>380680953
bayonetta is literally "PKP/PP-K and dodge the game"
>>
File: Bayonetta_PS3_CVR_SHT.jpg (1MB, 1000x1153px) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta_PS3_CVR_SHT.jpg
1MB, 1000x1153px
Is the PS3 version really bad enough to affect my enjoyment of the game?
>>
>>380710871
Yes. But if you have no other option you should still play it.
>>
>>380710815
Start by dropping SF5.
>>
>>380710795
>it's not great

And then, inevitably, someone goes for a smoke.
>>
>>380710815
>SFV

lol what?

Also don't fall into the fightan tourney fag pitfall. Plenty of fish in the sea, you don't get stuck eating nothing but tuna.
>>
>>380710998
I'm scrubby as fuck and despite SFV's negative repetition, it's probably the most scrub-friendly fighter right now aside from maybe Injustice 2, which I'd like to buy, but I'm not made out of money so that's going to have to wait for later. Besides, I'm optimistic about SSFV.

But man, that feeling of conquering stuff you couldn't get past, whatever barriers that were stopping you from improving, whether it be a boss that used to kick your shit in before everything clicked and you realized how to take him down, even looking stylish while you do so, or trying to teach yourself some advanced tech, and actually being able to do it, is so fucking rewarding. That shit is most of the reason why I play video games anymore.

>>380711282
I've been wanting to hit up my local SF and Smash tournament scenes for awhile now. Nothing can stop me.
>>
>>380682538
Seems interesting
>>
File: Don't make your uncle laugh.gif (3MB, 420x216px) Image search: [Google]
Don't make your uncle laugh.gif
3MB, 420x216px
>>380710138
>it's a pretend gunslinger is good or fun episode
>>
Is the DMC4 PC version good? I've never played one these games, is there much combo depth?
>>
>>380711585
>It's a 'nu-/v/ is too casual for Gunslinger' episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkty6R0TBs4
>>
>>380711585
>>380711674
In general, I've found that people who hate on Gunslinger tend to be scrubs who don't know shit about DMC3. It's actually probably one of the easiest and scrub-friendly Styles to use with some of the most OP moves in the game outside of Royal Guard .
>>
File: 4-Dante-Vs-Black-Dante-Crazy.webm (3MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
4-Dante-Vs-Black-Dante-Crazy.webm
3MB, 500x280px
>>380711606
PC version is very good my man.
>>
>>380695448
>Why would I want to, it is completely worthless and counterproductive.

You're playing these games for the entirely wrong reasons.
>>
File: Yosuke Hayashi & Fumihiko Yasuda.png (937KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Yosuke Hayashi & Fumihiko Yasuda.png
937KB, 1366x768px
>DmC gets a true (spiritual) before Devil May Cry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6KpJBao3Nc
>>
I just got to Bayonetta and I have to say the enemy designs are incredible, especially all the larger ones.
>>
>>380711958
>true (spiritual) sequel
>>
File: 1452809336255.png (21KB, 438x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452809336255.png
21KB, 438x500px
>>380712082
>>
>>380711353
You should try out other fighters one day.
>>
>>380711828
Is this some sort of rare condition where periods trigger split personalities?

>>380711674
>Mission 1
>Gunslinger

As if DMC3 in general wasn't enough to put me to sleep.
>>
>>380694497
Sauce on game?
>>
File: Plz.png (76KB, 286x208px) Image search: [Google]
Plz.png
76KB, 286x208px
>>380712220
>Mission 1
>>
>>380712220
That's Mission 2.
>>
>>380712292
Nigga what ever the fuck it was called in that game. The shit that happens after the cuhrayzee party ends. Or was that mission 2 already? I don't fucking remember.
>>
File: 1392743761803[1].jpg (50KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
1392743761803[1].jpg
50KB, 300x309px
>>380712510
>>
>>380712218
Oh, I will. I plan to. GGXrd is looking better and better for me, I plan on buying Pokken Tournament DX when that hits and when I eventually buy a Switch (played a bit of the original and really liked it, so), ARMs looks good, and I'm sort of interested in Tekken 7, mostly for Akuma and Eliza.

>>380712220
>Is this some sort of rare condition where periods trigger split personalities?
Literally what is this even supposed to mean?

Also,
>Mission 1
>>
File: hideki-kamiya-2.jpg (42KB, 475x275px) Image search: [Google]
hideki-kamiya-2.jpg
42KB, 475x275px
>>380712587
Post more rare Kamiyas.
>>
File: BLARGHEURGHRAWRGHBL.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
BLARGHEURGHRAWRGHBL.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Can we at least agree that DMC has absolute fucking shit tier waifus while NG is top tier?
>>
File: bunnygirl.jpg (35KB, 593x447px) Image search: [Google]
bunnygirl.jpg
35KB, 593x447px
>>380713820
Only if we agree that God Hand has the best.
>>
File: Bunny Girl (but attractive).png (198KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Bunny Girl (but attractive).png
198KB, 800x450px
>>380713937
We do not agee
>>
File: Shannon.png (118KB, 240x550px) Image search: [Google]
Shannon.png
118KB, 240x550px
>>380714112
Well that's a shame.
>>
>>380713820
NG is just your typical Dead or Alive waifu bullshit. Literally they're in DoA.

DMC has Lady.
>>
File: Delicious.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Delicious.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>380714262
>NG is just your typical ode to femininity universally recognized as sex symbols bullshit.

>DMC has allegedly gender swapped baseball guy from Rival Schools.

Alright.
>>
>>380714262
>implying her (Lady) backstory isn't typical animu shit

>>380714112
Momiji ___ a second best compared to Ayane
>>
>>380714252
Silly anon, FFX-2 is not an action game.
>>
>>380701970
Hard mode lets you do whatever the fuck you want, only parts of God Hard and Challenge 6 have high demands for efficiency. Also not really the same genre.
>>
File: IMG_1522.png (295KB, 465x687px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1522.png
295KB, 465x687px
Reminder that Nero's prototype costume is superior to his final design.
>>
File: NICE.png (25KB, 337x330px) Image search: [Google]
NICE.png
25KB, 337x330px
>>380714619
I don't care about her backstory.

But I think we can all agree that regardless of NG or DMC we're both better than the waifu fags from DoA threads.
>>
>>380714619
Momiji is literally tied with best girl >>380700190
anon.
>>
>>380714773
It really is
I wish they added something like this for Dante
>>
>>380714773
Did have a prototype personality as well? Because that's the only things that would redeem him.
>>
>>380714827
What's best girl's name?
>>
>>380714806
>see doa thread
>"oh boy can't wait to talk about one of my favorite franchises!"
>nothing but ERP shit, lewd posting, and "see this in your bedroom, what do?"
like pottery

>>380714827
>Kasumi
I'd choose Mila over her
>>
>>380704090
>trying to forced
You do realize that there is life outside of 4chan and at this point character action game is normalized and accepted genre in video game discussion.
>>
>>380715138
Am i being memed right now?
>>
File: Trish_Concept.png (537KB, 398x960px) Image search: [Google]
Trish_Concept.png
537KB, 398x960px
>>380714773
Disagree, but like, all of Trish's concepts ended up being better than her final design. Especially pic related.
>>
File: stop this.jpg (45KB, 730x405px) Image search: [Google]
stop this.jpg
45KB, 730x405px
>>380715250
>>380714563
>>380714112
Stop posting pictures of my daughter
>>
>>380715237
>I'd choose Mila over her

1- This isn't actually a DOA thread
2- You make me sick
3- At least it's not those who shall not be named
>>
>>380715250
I've never played a NG game but want to her name, is there something wrong with that?
>>
File: 1481078016333.jpg (131KB, 762x618px) Image search: [Google]
1481078016333.jpg
131KB, 762x618px
>>380682538
>2D sidescroller
>posts assman but no ass
>>
File: CUUUUUUUUUTE.jpg (216KB, 1847x1039px) Image search: [Google]
CUUUUUUUUUTE.jpg
216KB, 1847x1039px
>>380715471
I don't believe for a second that there can be anyone older then 15 that does not know who Kasumi is.

Ninja Gaiden games are pretty violent anon, make sure to consult your parents before playing.
>>
So what's the status of your franchises, anon?
I know dmcfags are happy dante is in MvC:I so there's hope for DMC5

>>380715393
what is he even doing right now? I hope he didn't bet everything on Devil's Third

>>380715410
>you make me sick
>this isn't DoA
fine. I'd choose literally any female enemy in NG over Kasumi. She's just so fucking bland
>>
>>380715393
She has your...eyes.
>>
File: 1488311148119.png (20KB, 176x158px) Image search: [Google]
1488311148119.png
20KB, 176x158px
>>380715863
>I know dmcfags are happy dante is in MvC:I
what the fuck are you on about
nobody is happy about dunte
also it was kind of to be expected for him to be in, nothing surprising

the hope for dmc5 resides in the hands of itsuno
if he's not working on it we're fucked

>tfw bubsy is getting a new game before we get dmc5
>>
>>380688619
Its called cuhrayzee action or just action you nerd
>>
>>380715863
>Bland

I'm sorry, what exactly is bland about this work of art? >>380700190

Are you sure it's not because she is the de facto mascot of the other franchise and you feel the need to be a special snow flake?

I do wish she had an activel involvement with the story in NG though. It would be the perfect way to have her be more serious and not so sweet and a bit naive.
>>
>>380716159
Nobody is defending MvC graphics
I think the fact that Dante got so much attention in the MvC trailer is a good hint towards DMC5
>>
File: Devil May Pay Alimony.jpg (104KB, 1346x749px) Image search: [Google]
Devil May Pay Alimony.jpg
104KB, 1346x749px
>>380716159
>>
>>380697973

eat shit
>>
Are all these posts bashing Bayo and MGR one guy?
>>
>>380716159
>dunte
that's pretty good

>>380716268
Momiji, Ayane, Rachel, and Elizebet are all better than Kasumi. Kasumi barely beats Momiji's dead sister in my eyes.
>>
>>380710572
>These are more like the Zoolander gasoline fight.
All to true, the person to light the cigarette though is always
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfDEAZg8G6U
>>
File: DmC.png (26KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
DmC.png
26KB, 557x605px
>>380716432
Did Capcom outsource this because is insanely awful.
>>
>>380717031
It's all in house development, they made sure they said that numerous times. They were really proud of this one. I don't know how to feel anymore.
>>
File: Let's stop.jpg (347KB, 986x553px) Image search: [Google]
Let's stop.jpg
347KB, 986x553px
>>380716432
>>
File: mfw not rape child.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mfw not rape child.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
>>380716842
>Ayane fags forever butthurt about best girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Oa3GlQP3Fo

I love Ayane too
>>
>>380715263
Holy fuck this is cool. She actually looks like a demon hunter.
>>
>>380682538
Looks alright but what's with the abysmal framerate? This genre needs to be smooth as fuck to feel good.
>>
>>380717031
at this point it would have looked BETTER if they outsourced it
>>
DMC > MGR > Bayo
As much as I love original DMC, I couldn't really make myself to like Bayo as much. MGR does hype moments way better than Bayo, even though I kept hearing that when it comes to hype, nothing comes close to Bayo.
I wish I could play NG in a proper way on PC or PS4.
>>
File: cover.jpg (151KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
151KB, 600x604px
>>380716941
The fuck did i just watch?

I don't remember ever hearing about this game. Looks a bit like Soul of the Samurai but...nonsense.
>>
File: 1497138437888.jpg (102KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497138437888.jpg
102KB, 768x1024px
>>380718447
>MGR above anything
>>
>>380718447
Wouldn't a PS3 be relatively cheap?
>>
>>380718692
I have a PS3, but I'm keep hearing that originals are better than Black, especially when it comes to 2.
>>
>>380718563
I agree with him. MGR may not have the best gameplay but Bayonetta's is infinitely worse. But what MGR does have is:

Good and memorable characters
Good and engaging story
Great boss fights
Great soundtrack

Also, she's pretty.
>>
>>380718891
How is Bayonetta's worse.

Bayonetta literally has everything in MGR except for blade mode.
>>
File: 1497298437850.jpg (168KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1497298437850.jpg
168KB, 1600x1067px
>>380718891
Aren't all Asian women?
>>
File: Big sis.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Big sis.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>380718772
Oh my God, literally what the fuck are you doing nigga?

Go buy Sigma 1, Sigma 2 and Razor's Edge this fucking moment. And here i thought you had an actual predicament in your hands. Did you even read this thread?
>>
>>380702051
>Go play Sigma 1, Sigma 2

Yes.

>and Razor's Edge.

LMAO no. Don't listen to this dude. 3 is fuck awful.
>>
>>380719087
>Razor's Edge
>Calls it 3

Every time.

Maybe you should follow my advice and fucking play it too.
>>
>>380702232
> Like I'm not sure how someone would beat NGB without using Flying swallow.

Easily? Given doing Flying Swallow spam on Master Ninja in Black and Sigma is a sure-fire way of getting your ass kicked?
>>
>>380718990
I mean according to your pic, no, no they aren't.
>>
>>380718927

Worse controls (Dodge under lock-on, WTF?). Worse characters (can't care about ANY of them, even the main character). Too much focus on dodging instead of launchers into juggles for what is supposed to be a "spiritual successor to DMC."

It feels like Kamiya's team for DMC1-3 were the ones that did the work and not him.
>>
>>380718505
>RISINGGGGG ZANNNNN JOHNNY NO MORE
>>
>>380719153
> 3: Razor's Edge

Are you happy now? It's still trash no matter how much they polished the turd.
>>
>>380719087
I think RE is pretty good. Initially I passed on it after how bad NG3 was. Then way later got it, played some and hated it, played more and thought "this is not so bad", played even more and thought "hey this is fun".

It has a good rhythm to it and the mechanics are way better than vanilla 3. Also the girls are a ton of fun in this game even though I thought they were kinda shit compared to Ryu in Sigma 2. If you try to like it the same way as NG1&2 it won't work though, it plays very differently.
>>
>>380719360
Kay, now go play it and then come back to me, Polly the Memester Parrot
>>
>>380680953
Show me a Bayonetta or MGS vid like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhP7itgBNMQ
>>
>>380719156
even on hard he'd be taken down fast by berserkers and dopplegangers if he were to spam FS
>>
File: 1497587095784.jpg (120KB, 840x630px) Image search: [Google]
1497587095784.jpg
120KB, 840x630px
>>380719295
>Kamiya
>DMC2 and 3
>>
>>380719295
Kamiya only did DMC1.
2 was unknown director, had to be quickly fixed by Itsuno, who directed DMC3 and 4.
>>
>>380719515
Let's not pretend Berserks are actually hard or interesting to fight. Though...

>That challenge where you have to defeat 120 in a row always 3 at the same time

JESUS CHRIST that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen in a video game.
>>
>>380719509
>all that pointless faggotry and he doesn't even max out the rank
lmao
>>
>>380719295
> Bayo has worse controls than MGR
> Dodge under lock-on, WTF?
Slow ass dodge move in only 4 cardinal directions with century of recovery animation put on two buttons combination

Fast dodge/cancel move put on trigger with analog control over direction

also
> caring about lock-on Bayo
game was designed to be played without it

it's only there as a courtesy for DMC players who are too old to put effort and learn new tricks
>>
>>380719509
Bayonetta anything from yoshesque
MGR and God Hand anything from MikeKob
To many videos to list, there really isn't a whole lot of talent in either kind of boils into one person that put in the ground work for everyone else to get good.
>>
>>380716432
>DMC4 Hair
>DMC3 Outfit

Not to mention the obvious of it being shit but that irks me the most.
>>
File: 1-2-hurts-just-a-little-bit.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1-2-hurts-just-a-little-bit.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
>>380719750
>You will never be as good as MikeKob at God Hand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6nbpTPESRg
>>
>>380719443
There are 2 kinds of people who talk shit about RE

>Those who never played it
>And the Flying Swallow, Izuna Drop, Guillotine Throw UT spamming shitters of yore

They try to play RE and find out they can't do anything but bait SOBs, but unlike previous games you can't mask or deny the fact that you're playing like a faggot, it's immediately evident.
>>
>>380719878
It's mostly a symptom of a problem in action games. Not a tremendous amount of people are good at them and when one person sticks their neck out just enough to show the audience how to get good, they are usually the ones to set the trends in how combos are laid out. given anything they discover and show off gets adapted by the community leading to homogeneous combo mads. Devil May Cry really shows off this issue, but it wasn't as bad, because it's nowhere as niche given it was a series carried by sequels as a staple action game. Where as God Hand is extremely niche known by few to begin with and by the time Bayonetta rolled around it was just to fresh and became niche in itself until the second game.
>>
>>380719632
>one hundred and twenty of those fucks
NOPE.jpg. I already panic like a little bitch whenever one turns black and red
>>
>>380719734
>> caring about lock-on Bayo
>game was designed to be played without it
>it's only there as a courtesy for DMC players who are too old to put effort and learn new tricks
Game was meant to have shitty camera angles?
>>
>>380719885
>And the Flying Swallow, Izuna Drop, Guillotine Throw UT spamming shitters of yore

tell me, oh wise master, how you defeat groups of alchemists without doing the very thing you're complaining
>>
File: Cuhrayzee-3.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cuhrayzee-3.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>380720284
Isn't that a staple of any action game?
>>
>>380720284
>Game was meant to have shitty camera angles?
You are meant to use holding buttons gunfire as means of lock-on

Taunting, manual shooting also replace lock-on.

Bayo lock-on system is a medium between DMC where you HAVE to clutch lock-on at nearly times (which makes the concept of it redundant, inefficient and unergonomic) and MGR which has cancerous half-baked (like the rest of the game) constant enforced auto lock-on
>>
>All these guys who think NGS2 is better than NG2

- Game is way easier except for master ninja
- Less enemies on screen at any given time
- Enemies have more HP so many enemies take ludicrous amounts of damage now like van gelfs and claw ninjas changing the game's flow from dispatching enemies swiftly and cleanly and moving onto the next target into "hit the damage sponge until it dies"
- Enemy spawn locations and types changed in many places, especially notable in one of the later chapters where in 2 it's a huge battle with enemy ninja forces and in Sigma 2 it's just a bunch of dogs, very disappointing
- They removed incendiary shurikens and the windmill shuriken
- Bow is now autoaim for the casuals
- Censored blood into purple mist (doesn't bother me that much) and censored dismembered body parts so they just disappear instead of flying off enemies (bothers me a lot)
- Mission mode is SHIT (you must play online or with braindead AI partner, can't play alone unlike NG2)
- The game's UI is very slow and unresponsive in many places, when you find scrolls that show you a little movie for example it loads a long time while in NG2 it's instant
- You can no longer use essence to freely upgrade weapons, you get one upgrade whenever you find a special blue muramasa statue, there aren't enough to upgrade all your weapons until the game is over so you must choose only some of the weapons to use.

+- There are new bosses but they are the extremely uninteresting fights and feel like padding
+- Worm boss from NG2 was removed but it was a pretty shitty boss so not really a minus

+ Chapter challenge lets you play any chapter from the main menu
+ One new melee weapon
+ No fighting enemies in water
>>
>>380720625
>half-baked (like the rest of the game) constant enforced auto lock-on
which is why Bayonetta also has egregious auto lock-on
>>
>>380720119
One at a time is basically a guaranteed free health orb to be honest. The trick is to fight them only with counter attacks, it's quite silly.

When they go Super saiyan they basically become a boss, they will counter almost everything you do, if you try to fight them like any other enemy they will bleed you dry. If you stick to them and counter attack back and forth they actually turn into the easiest enemy in the game.

Of course when there are more then one it's a different story. In Black you cheese them by putting the others outside of the camera, this makes it so they can't use any attack. Thing is they fixed this in Sigma and now fighting 3 of them is a legit nightmare.
>>
>>380720670
Tilt the stick to switch targets.

And you still can do the DMC thing and clutch lock-on button constantly if that's your thing.

> auto-lock
it's not "auto" -- you have to hold buttons to cause gunfire that makes lock-on stick manually.
>>
>>380720312
>landing any of those besides an UT on an alchemist reliably

LOL

Alchemists are special enemies and only ONE(two) kind of enemy. The whole fucking game is not alchemists, and using specialized tactics to defeat special kinds of annoying enemies has been in the series since the beginning (see berserker).
>>
File: Desert.jpg (2KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
Desert.jpg
2KB, 125x93px
>>380720760
>fighting 3 of them is a legit nightmare.
>Played against just that
>Stopped playing for a whole year
>>
>>380720656

Because there is no projectile spam, fighting enemies is actually harder because they don't melt away the minute you so much as look at them

You mean less enemies throwing shit at you at any given time

Van Gelfs lose limbs at the exact right rate they should, even Golden ones. And claw ninjas are infinitely more interesting to fight now that they actually last long enough to attack and not just annoying versions of the regular mooks that spend the whole fucking fight throwing shit at you.

That missions was bloated to shit with the same enemy type, on the same level you previously fought them in and most of them would be throwing shit at you when it's all corridors for the explosion to splat o and fuck you up to boot

Wrong, they gave the explosive shuriken to another character. But yes they removed the windmill one and added a different ranged weapon which is garbage

Muh Casual. They removed it because no one fucking used manual aim in the heat of battle, now you can, but you probably still won't because why wouldn't you just use the third person camera attack. Also it auto locks on to the central torso not the limbs which is what you want.

Shame about the gore though i don't remember body parts disappearing.

NG co-op is one of the most positive surprises i have had in gaming. You would think that it just does not work, but it does and it's amazingly fun. Yes it sucks that you can't play the hardest missions alone because the AI is so terrible.

>When it tires to revive you but throws shurikens instead

I don't even understand how this happens. It's like it was programmed to be bad at the game.

You watch tutorial cutscenes in the tutorial level and never again. Jesus Christ dude

Yeah, how bad of the game to have actual pacing and not just letting you just upgrade a weapon to max level as soon as possible.

Padding? The fucking bosses they removed are padding. But thanks i had forgotten that they actually added 3 BOSSES not 1.
>>
>>380720656
>no mention of the extra characters

Uh huh
>>
>>380721871
Whoop, forgot. But they only have one chapter, can't be used outside that chapter, just in the garbage mission mode.
>>
>>380721935
Yes it is unfortunate that they can't be used in chapter challenge like they can in Razor's Edge. But they are there, they have their chapter, they have their fully fledged moveset and abilities, though not on par with RE, and they can be used in Team Missions wether you like the mode or not.
>>
>>380721871
Ayane can suck black spider clan dicks.
Rachel and Momiji are only barely okay.
>>
File: What could have been....jpg (317KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
What could have been....jpg
317KB, 1280x720px
>>380722157
>Ayane can suck black spider clan dicks

She probably does.

She is weak in Sigma 2 only because they took her gimmick too far. They fixed her in RE

>Rachel and Momiji are only barely okay.
>Barely

Now i know you are memeing. They are both rock solid and very fun to play.

You probably think Rachel sucks in 1 as well.
>>
>>380722491
I loved Rachel in 1. I don't like her that much in 2. Her moveset feels half finished.
>>
>>380721820
I never got why people cared about the projectile attacks so much, you can dodge those. There are runs on Youtube that are nohit so clearly it's not the "it's cheap and impossible to dodge all that crap!" like some people claim. The only annoying one is the cluster rocket because you can't really dodge it that easily since it's aoe with an rng land pattern.

And no, I don't mean less enemies throwing shit at me, every enemy type is reduced in encounters

The stronger Van Gelfs are ridiculous sponges and don't get delimbed easily enough. Also if I combo into an izuna drop on a claw ninja and he just gets up something is wrong. Very unsatisfying.

I disagree completely.

Yeah forgot about the other characters, my bad. The cannon weapon is kind of a plus minus zero since it's additional content but it sucks, combined with removal of windmill it sucks more.

It still feels dumb to me that you can now auto aim to enemies and can't even charge the bow.

Co-op was fun for the five minutes you could find people online.

The tutorial scenes was just an example. Pause menu, changing a weapon, loading a level, all things take more time than in NG2.

And the weapon thing is so bad are you fucking kidding me. I might let it slide if you could at least upgrade all weapons. It also makes yellow essence worthless, you are literally drowning in it because healing items are the only thing you can buy with it.

The statue bosses are abysmal in quality. Terrible boring shitty fights. Marbus is okay.
>>
>>380722689
>The only annoying one is the cluster rocket because you can't really dodge it that easily since it's aoe with an rng land pattern.
It doesn't have an aoe. And it's piss easy to get the land pattern down since it's hardly random.
They are probably one of the easiest projectiles to dodge with some practice
>>
>>380722614
Mah nigga

I think her moveset is fine in 2 but i miss all her throws. I liked her UT better in 1 as well.

I think Sigma 1 Rachel is the moveset with the most throws until Kasumi and single katana Ryu in Razor's Edge.
>>
>>380722806
Well then I guess I just suck against the cluster missiles but it just proves my point since I can dodge or negate with i-frames any other projectile unless I screw up and you say that one is very doable too then there's nothing left that is not just an issue of practice.
>>
>>380706427
Off screen attacks are fine and you should be aware of enemies behind you. Besides, there is a button used to turn 180 degrees fast, and what's wrong with using the radar?
>with just one string to customize and nearly half of the moves just being damage ugprades over the each other
So don't use them. There are plenty of moves that aren't.
>literally QTE
And they're always optional as long as you don't press the circle button that isn't used often
>>
File: 3835903.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
3835903.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>380701172
>It's like they completely lack self-awareness of their ego over fucking nothing
>ego
You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. It's all about challenge + expressing yourself with style, games that allow for that are generally preferable among high-level players than a game that doesn't. Criticizing that is as meaningless as claiming that playing any game on the highest difficulty or aiming for the highest score possible isn't productive.

That isn't even the reason why I think DMC's combat is better than Bayonetta, though. I much prefer the weightiness DMC's actions, particularly the air combat over Bayonetta's floatiness.
>>
>>380722689
It's not that they are impossible to dodge, it's what is required of you to dodge them. Read the thread.
Also cluster rockets are basically a free dodge unless they get a point blank drop on you.

Yes you do, those are the enemies that were removed

Only the Golden Van Gelfs are even close to being durable and they still have very squishy arms and head if you know how to hit those. Izuna Drop is piss easy to land, that would make them boring.

Alright

The canon is basically used for one boss fight and that's it. It looks dumb and it plays dumb.

Charged bow was OP. It's back in RE and kind of aa bit OP but now it costs "meter" to use.

I was online like a month ago and i could still find people online periodically. I actually found a lot of new players that wouldn't accept me joining the game which was what was frustrating,

Maybe it's bad in the disk version, i have the digital version and a non stock HDD and it's fast for the most part. Never even considered a complaint.

The weapon thing was a good design choice. You could literally use a different weapon every chapter and not be able to cover them all, why would being able to upgrade one of them matter?

Holy fucking shit i had actually forgotten about the statue bosses. So it actually added 5 BOSSES lol

They are not boring and they are not worse then all the non humanoid boss fights in any of these games. Remember the first game? That fucking armadillo in 2? Marbus is Marbus, he's fun to fight. The Spider Clan witch is also alright but her grabs annoy the shit out of me. The Dragon is very fun to fight, my only complaint is that they did not give him a position reset so he doesn't get to use his long range moves a lot and the player can easily manipulate his moveset with positioning.
>>
File: no stop.jpg (58KB, 448x605px) Image search: [Google]
no stop.jpg
58KB, 448x605px
>>380723276
>Off screen attacks are fine
>>
>>380723747
>he can't into radar
>he can't practice dodging off screen attacks
>>
>>380696714
>complaining about combos
/v/ truly is le reddit now. Filled with nothing but casual faggots.
>>
>>380701172
Missed this post

Nailed it.
>>
>>380701172
>"skill"
Because it is? You mongoloid.
>>
>>380723661
>That fucking armadillo in 2
Which is still in fucking Sigma 2.
The armadillo is fine with the biggest asterisk you could find. He becomes complete bullshit when he gets triggered and spams rng fireballs everywhere, but with incendiary shurikens, vortex ninpo, or some easy combos to the head, the shitter is piss easy to kill.
Which Sigma 2 turns all of those non viable.

Even the fight where you fight two is extremely piss easy with some practice
https://youtu.be/wRGUPAqHrhE?t=4m19s
>>
>>380680953
Dante's gameplay is the peak.
Nero was just a worse Dante with the gummy hand gimmick.
>>
>>380681171
/v/ in a nutshell
>>
>>380682010
>forced QTE sections in nearly every chapter
that's factually incorrect
>>
>>380724910
I know he is in Sigma 2, that wasn't what i was getting at.

It's a garbage boss, but yes he is a lot more dangerous in Sigma 2 on MNM if only for the fact that his grab becomes massive bullshit.
>>
>>380724963
>Nero was just a worse Dante with the gummy hand gimmick.
I actually really liked the exceed system though
>>
>>380723661
>Charged bow was OP
In what universe. Bow was completely useless except for extremely select scenarios or bosses where you have no choice but to use them in vanilla 2.
Incidentally, gonna give props to Sigma 2 to making the second to final boss less of a waste of time.
>>
>>380681171
not op, but h8 is gr8 b8
>>
I thought i'd never see the day people actually defend NG3 RE on here. Like holy fuck, how much of a shit eater do you have to be.
>>
>>380682538
Sound effects are fucking horrible
>>
>>380726602
>NG3RE is bad meme
https://youtu.be/XwGAYi6-65w?list=PL3SjYj0q5L-1mR9emvxeThGrUId0lD1WI
>>
>>380683936
Diablo is a Real-time Roguelike
>>
>>380726602
>d-do i f-fit in y-yet?
>>
>>380680953

4's gameplay is alright, I finished it on Hell&Hell but it's from being anywhere in my favorites. Nero is shit, the level design is shit, backtracking out the ass and the music is mostly shit too.
>The time has come and so have I
Just what the hell is this wording?

1 and 3 were enjoyable but that's not even half the series. That failed attempt of a reboot killed it for good. It's over and should stay over.
>>
>>380726671
Love this guy. He makes the best NG videos
>>
>>380680953
>MGR
Your bait is weak
>>
What's the DMC equivalent of a no health, wooden sword only run?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEp70ce0jOQ
>>
>>380729207
Probably Hell and Hell no upgrades DMC4
Be boring as shit though
>>
>We can't get a single cuhrayzee thread to reach post limit
>Even after 11 hours
>>
>this thread

Is this why /cgg/ died?
>>
>>380731535
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>380690575
>Because they're obsessed with worthless combos over killing things efficiently and having a well designed moveset to accomplish that
But that's what the genre is about
>>
>>380690807
Talking of which, what's the trick to that electrical, teleporting Blade-like (as in the DMC1 Blade, not a sword) enemy? It just feels time consuming and not fun
>>
I really didn't like Bayonetta. I did like MGR though which got me into the genre. DMC3 and 4 are still better in my opinion in regard to combat.
>>
>>380688619
no, that sounds gay.
>>
>>380731745
Full charge shot
Knocks out its electricity and lets you approach, also prevents teleport
>>
>>380712835
Cool.

Ever thought about trying out KOF14?
>>
>>380714806
>>380715237
>>380715410
Tina = Lisa = Rachel = Christie > Nyo = Helena = Mommy-G > Ayane = Leifang = Pai > rest of DOA girls, including Kasumi
>>
>>380733540
Memetastic my fellow gamer!

At least we can agree that Tina is high tier
>>
>go to sleep
>wake up
>thread is still here
well shit I'm honestly surprised
>>
>>380734315
Just in time to see it die.
>>
>>380702912
>Sigma 2 has some substantial changes from regular 2 but they are for the most part for the better.
>no projectile UTs
>some enemy types are missing
>lycans can't toss body parts
>higher enemy health, ruining the OT flow
>many attacks were nerfed
>no Incendiary or Windmill shuriken
>fucked up the weapon upgrade system
>forcing you to play as the girls
>better
Nope.

>It also cut the 2 worst filler bosses
While making you play as the girls, breaking Elizabet and making the water dragon more annoying.
>>
>>380703348
>Ninja Gaiden to me doesn't have anything as unique or interesting
>kusari-gama
>tonfa
>flails
>claws
>Lunar
>not fun

>to use as something like Lucifer
Lucifer's garbage.

>It's part of the reason I never feel like I can use the moves I want to.
And? How is having to fight some enemies in a certain way bad? Differentiates them, and there are tons of i frame attacks in NG2.
>>
>>380709840
>Nevan
>better than Beowulf
In what universe.
>>
>>380710138
>My point is Ninja gaiden is mostly swords.
It isn't, and those swords all have larger movesets than DMC's.

>If we're going off movesets DMC has a lot going for it
Moveset of any weapon in DMC is tiny in comparison to NG, and 4's are shit balanced.

>because then we can include ranged weapons
>literally have two attacks without GS
>if that
>DMC4 ruined GS

>Same goes for DMC.
>Lucifer is style garbage
>Pandora is unwieldy as fuck and you virtually never get to use its better attacks
>Cerberus is just plain bad
>Red Queen is a Reb ripoff with a terrible gimmick
>>
>>380710474
How about a fun character? Is that NG only?
>>
>>380735726
>it's the "make me play as the girls booohooh" fag again

>Breaking Elizabet

You mean fixing Elizabeth?
>>
>>380711828
>I've found that people who hate on Gunslinger tend to be scrubs who don't know shit about DMC3
DMC3's is good, 4's is a dumpster fire.
>>
>>380711895
>You're playing these games for the entirely wrong reasons.
Learning and exploiting fun gameplay mechanics?
>>
>>380736838
fix what. Both versions are equally cheap cunts.
>>
File: 1497450096243.jpg (15KB, 188x231px) Image search: [Google]
1497450096243.jpg
15KB, 188x231px
>>380723747

Do you just suck at listening to queues and watching your radar? That's on you, not the game.
>>
File: sakura-trick-3-4.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sakura-trick-3-4.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
I like god of war the most
>>
>>380737167
>Fix what?

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEJW8u71ivo
>>
>>380736774
>Ryu, Ayane, Momiji etc, the biggest psychopaths that rival Kratos in terms of cruelty are not fun
>>
>>380703661
Same, but Kojima might be to blame as well. That whole propaganda video where they humiliated their younger team was disgusting.

Konami pussed out, threw their creative team under the bus, then went for a safe route. It's no wonder they are facing financial ruin now.
>>
>>380723304
>It's all about challenge + expressing yourself with style
How about expressing yourself by playing smart and killing things efficiently, and challenging yourself by playing above vanilla Very Hard conditions.

>games that allow for that are generally preferable among high-level players
You're full of shit.

Also, funny how donguri, who has made lots of combo videos for DMC4 and several for Nier: A Tomato, doesn't fuck around when playing A Tomato on Very Hard. Almost like that shit is worthless and doesn't work.

>Criticizing that is as meaningless as claiming that playing any game on the highest difficulty
The highest difficulty is recognized by the game, so is the score. 'Style' is not.
>>
>>380731626
Is that why the first game in the genre (DMC1) was all about efficiency?
>>
>>380736838
>it's the "make me play as the girls booohooh" fag again
>lets spend three levels of the campaign on these super gimped characters that are inferior to Ryu in every regard

>You mean fixing Elizabeth?
No, Sigma's is even more evasive and can't be stunlocked with claw FS anymore.
>>
>>380737408
I was talking about DMC4's characters sucking, not NG's.
>>
>>380738263
>"""""""""super gimped characters"""""""
>I have to learn more movesets waaaaaaaah, why can't i just use the tonfas and scythe the whole game!!!!

>Literally complaining about bugs being fixed

You're a clown.
>>
>>380702078
Did you play Bayonetta on your PS3, anon? How was it?
>>
>>380738362
Well to be fair only 4/6ths of the characters suck...cough.
>>
>>380737787
>literally No Fun Allowed: The Post
Who are you dictate how people should enjoy themselves? Hell, do you even understand the concept of self-imposed challenges?

>Nier Automata
Well, that game has questionable hitboxes and unbalanced difficulty to begin with. Dying in one hit because of a stray bullet and having to reload the game to avoid losing chips is bullshit that's best avoided by simply playing it safe. I don't know why anyone would use that game as a good reference point for character action games.

>>380738029
DMC1 was one of the first games of its kind, that's why. Not to mention it already had a Style meter.
>>
File: 1493181387742.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493181387742.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>380680953
>MGR is better
I can understand the argument behind Bayo, but fucking MGR?
>>
>>380738263
You know people beat the hardest missions in the game with double Ayane like it's nothing, right?
>>
>>380738565
>I have to learn more movesets waaaaaaaah
>implying the girls' movesets aren't simple
>implying I wasn't constantly switching weapons as Ryu

>Elizabet evading less
>bug
>>
File: Laughing ninjas.jpg (94KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing ninjas.jpg
94KB, 1024x576px
>>380739328
>Literally mad he can't stunlock a boss to death anymore
>Literally not good enough to fight Elizabeth as she was intended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Oa3GlQP3Fo
>>
File: Bayonetta in Fairly Odd Parents.jpg (114KB, 322x496px) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta in Fairly Odd Parents.jpg
114KB, 322x496px
>Character Action

First I've heard this term. I thought the genre was called "Spectacle Fighter".

Or are they different things?
>>
>>380739110
>Who are you dictate how people should enjoy themselves?
A better choice than the combofags who think faffing about is all that matters and a weapon being bad at killing things is at all acceptable.

>Hell, do you even understand the concept of self-imposed challenges?
Yes. What exactly are the conditions for 'jumping around in the air doing nothing'? The game doesn't measure it by any metric. Style points are better generated by other means. The enemies themselves aren't any harder than under vanilla conditions.

>Dying in one hit because of a stray bullet and having to reload the game to avoid losing chips is bullshit
So in other words, when things get a wee bit too hard, combofags drop their comboing for shit that actually works, got it.

>I don't know why anyone would use that game as a good reference point
Because it shows even 'good' DMC players stick to efficient, smart play when push comes to shove, instead of combo nonsense.

>DMC1 was one of the first games of its kind, that's why.
So was NGB, and it was also efficiency focused. That any games in the genre exist that don't focus on style proves it isn't about style.

>Not to mention it already had a Style meter.
That was an afterthought (at best).
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
Is it too late for Lily embargao? Can we get that and close down let it die?
>>
>>380739313
>You know people beat the hardest missions in the game with double Ayane like it's nothing, right?
>good players being able to work with trash means it isn't trash
>>
>>380740064
Keep moving those goal posts
>>
File: 1482187440791.gif (136KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482187440791.gif
136KB, 500x500px
>>380739951

Nah spectacle fighter is what you'd call SFV since all the depth has been taken out so normies can cheer about crush counters.
>>
>>380711606
If you're talking about optimization, Special Edition on PC is pretty good, vanilla on PC is god tier.
>>
>>380739789
>mad a dev nerfed a strategy because he was butthurt by it
Yes.

>not good enough to fight Elizabeth as she was intended
>Itagaki programmed her in a manner that allowed for FS spam
>Hayashi changed his original intention
>so somehow FS spam wasn't intentional
>implying I haven't bested her with every melee weapon
>>
>>380740152
>being able to win fights with gimped characters means they aren't gimps
Which goalpost was moved exactly?
>>
>>380740056
Let it die keeps on receiving pointless updates
>>
File: What's the deal with....jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
What's the deal with....jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>380739951
>It should be called Spectacle Fighter because my character wears glasses

Bayo fags everyone.
>>
>>380740518
>These characters are super gimped!
>Then how this?
>Pff that's just because they are not bad at the game...
>>
>>380740381
Being a literal Bitch Made Ninja crying about fixed bugs and boss buffs.
>>
File: 1497336671581.jpg (60KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1497336671581.jpg
60KB, 256x256px
>>380739956
not the person you're replying to
you sound like a huge faggot offended by the fact that some combofag told you to git gud
people are having fun doing something they enjoy and you come in and are like
>you see you're having fun the WRONG way
>you should have fun like I do
>just kill everything in the same most boringly efficient way possible
fuck off
>>
>>380703661
>I don't buy that. I think it was just the makings of Konami being fed up with Kojima's projects being massive money sinks.
Kojima explained it himself fairly thoroughly.

The entire plot was there, as well as the engine and the basic mechanics. The issue is, Kojima wanted KojiPro to work on it themselves while he handled other projects since he felt he wasn't going to be around forever and someone needed the competency to handle the franchise without him. They never got past the tech demos. Repeatedly. For years. It got to a point where Kojima canned the project and all the assets were put away until Kamiya of all people wanted to do a project with Kojima after they spoke at a party or some shit.

Given what's left of the original KojiPro's dev team is also working on Metal Gear Survive, it's entirely believable that they just aren't super competent on their own and need the full ensemble of themselves, Kojima, and Fukushima.
>>
>>380740741
>NGB can be beaten with the unupgraded Wooden Sword
>DMC1 can be beaten with Force Edge
>Bayonetta can be beaten with Handguns
T-t-these weapons aren't trash guys!
>>
>>380740978
>you sound like a huge faggot offended by the fact that some combofag told you to git gud
>git gud
>at pointlessly jumping around doing nothing
Ok?

>people are having fun doing something they enjoy
The problem isn't they enjoy combos, the problem is they think the genre revolves around shitty combos that serve no purpose and it's ok to ruin everything else in service of that.

>just kill everything in the same most boringly efficient
>being efficient is boring
You new to this genre or something? Not all games are so terribly executed as Dante Must Combo 4. Many give you tons of interesting efficient tools.
>>
File: 4a6.png (903KB, 994x738px) Image search: [Google]
4a6.png
903KB, 994x738px
>>380682538
>fighting busty shinobi chicks
I'm in.
>>
>>380680953

..uuh nobody in their right mind would say that
>>
>>380703661
raiden have always been a anime shit guy
>>
File: 1497544778911.png (4KB, 263x263px) Image search: [Google]
1497544778911.png
4KB, 263x263px
>>380741614
>at pointlessly jumping around doing nothing
what the fuck are you talking about
because this >>380711832 is fucking cool and is the opposite of going around doing nothing

>The problem isn't they enjoy combos, the problem is they think the genre revolves around shitty combos that serve no purpose and it's ok to ruin everything else in service of that.
dmc4 was unfinished and hat lots of bad shit in it but generally speaking people agree angelo credo was really good and the best boss fight, despite it not revolving around combos at all, given that he jumps out really soon

all in all i still don't get why you're so angry at combofags combos have always been important in dmc, and style was too
i don't get it
>>
>>380741295
Bitch
Made
Ninja
>>
All these talk about action and reaction to exploit openings in NG. Why not pick up a fighting game? It's the same concept but just 1v1.
>>
>>380694497
what game?
>>
Putting Bayonetta on PC was a mistake. Now mustards shitpost the game every time there's a thread about it.
>>
>>380698732
>needlessly
>>
>>380739956
It doesn't matter if a game doesn't measure it. Dark Souls doesn't measure a no death or SL1 run either. Why wouldn't people try to go beyond what a game requires them to do?

You really don't seem get it, probably because it doesn't fit your temperament or whatever. I speak as someone who can't do half the shit you see in high-level play videos of DMC3/4, but I do tend to fall on that camp, it just comes natural for me to attempt that playstyle.
That's what this comes down to; some people enjoy doing shit like that, and some don't. You can play all the games mentioned so far your own way. It doesn't exclude one playstyle or the other, that's the point.

>>So in other words, when things get a wee bit too hard, combofags drop their comboing for shit that actually works, got it
>implying doing combos isn't hard or skillful
Are you just shitposting now? No, it most certainly isn't because it gets too hard. I'm speaking for myself here, but Nier Automata just isn't particularly fun to experiment with, and if you're overleveled (which doesn't even require the player to go out out of their way to farm), enemies tend to die too fast before you can do anything interesting.

>So was NGB, and it was also efficiency focused. That any games in the genre exist that don't focus on style proves it isn't about style
If I only want to play NG efficiently, I'll spam instant charges and UTs for the most part, which is not fun.

>>That was an afterthought (at best)
>a mechanic that was deliberately implemented isn't indicative of the mentality the dev team wanted to take that game in
Yeah, sure.
>>
>>380742404
>because this is fucking cool and is the opposite of going around doing nothing
>missing several attacks
>throwing Sky Stars between Aerial Raves for no reason
>using piss weak attacks instead of just Real Impacting or jump canceling Full House
Come again?

>dmc4 was unfinished
Don't start with that shit again. There was a clear shift to appease combofags, if they didn't have enough resources to make it work they shouldn't have split their focus with Nero.

>but generally speaking people agree angelo credo was really good and the best boss fight
When your competition is shit like Angus wall and Sanctus that isn't saying much.

>despite it not revolving around combos at all
Credo is waiting for an opening then stunlocking his ass until he jumps out.

>combos have always been important in dmc
They didn't matter in 1 and 3 was a balance between efficiency and style. Focusing on style alone leads to a lot of useless shit and useless shit isn't fun. Combofags also tend to overlook other problems because a game lets them dance around like a ballerina.
>>
>>380680953
Bayo's pacing is awful that's why, they put way too many cutscenes in boss fights and they have way too many genre shifts or setpieces that require you to use different controls completely and more often than not they're poorly executed.
>>
>>380742675
Do you actually have a counterargument or just insults?
>>
File: Lady Vergil.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Lady Vergil.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
>>380744254
See? A mustard who can't git gud.
>>
File: 1491926409837.jpg (24KB, 247x324px) Image search: [Google]
1491926409837.jpg
24KB, 247x324px
>>380744683
>judgement cuts
Neat, what's the game?
>>
>>380744865
Senran Kagura 4
>>
>>380744748
I played bayo on wii u first. No amount of 'gitting gud' make those genre shifts enjoyable or make the boss fights less cinematic.
>>
>>380743842
>It doesn't matter if a game doesn't measure it.
If it isn't quantifiable then there's no point in making it a challenge run because there's no way to enforce the conditions.

>Dark Souls doesn't measure a no death
Yes it does.

>or SL1
Soul level is a statistic the game keeps tabs on. 'Style' in the vein of combofags isn't.

>Why wouldn't people try to go beyond what a game requires them to do?
They would. Unfortunately, comboshit is entirely arbitrary and subjective. There's no way to know if you're adhering to it or not, and it serves no tactical purpose, which other types of challenge runs help to highlight.

>You really don't seem get it
I get it fine, they want to zip around like faggy fairies and emulate fighting game players. What they don't seem to grasp is there is a point to combos in fighting games (optimizing hitstun and damage decay), unlike in Action, and that making things whose purpose is to kill things bad at killing things is a terrible idea.

>I speak as someone who can't do half the shit you see in high-level play videos
So you're speaking in ignorance.

>it just comes natural for me to attempt that playstyle.
Then try the game on conditions that aren't jokes. See how long that 'playstyle' lasts.

>That's what this comes down to
No, it comes down to people who worship this shit and thinks its all that matters, and the game's other flaws are irrelevant, and those who don't. The former are retards who've been poisoning the genre since DMC3.

>It doesn't exclude one playstyle or the other
Combofags want the genre to cater exclusively to comboing shit and believe efficiency is scrub-like. They don't care if enemies are poorly designed or nonthreatening if they can combo them, they don't care if weapons are un-fun or garbage like Lucifer, as long as they feel pretty whacking their virtual pinatas that's all that matters.

>implying doing combos isn't hard or skillful
>implying combos aren't entirely pointless
>>
>>380744192
>missing several attacks
he misses one because other dante dodged to the side

>using piss weak attacks
but what if he actually preferred to not do the most efficient thing because it looked cooler?
he clearly fucking knows his shit, he doesn't need to obliterate the enemy, he can play around and still kill him without getting hit
he probably killed them a gorillion times before he doesn't need to prove anything

>There was a clear shift to appease combofags, if they didn't have enough resources to make it work they shouldn't have split their focus with Nero.
where did you get that

>Credo is waiting for an opening then stunlocking his ass until he jumps out.
>credo is hitting him as long as he allows you to
that's every fucking boss ever
if he allows you to attack then fucking keep attacking, if he starts attacking back just dodge and/or counterattack
that's the essence of killing anything without getting killed

>They didn't matter in 1 and 3 was a balance between efficiency and style.
stunlocking the opponent IS an efficient way to kill him though
he doesn't allow him to fight back

>Focusing on style alone leads to a lot of useless shit and useless shit isn't fun.
what makes you think you're in charge of dictating what's fun and what's not
it seems like you'd enjoy a game with only one move: just do that over and over, there's no need to add a move slightly less efficient because you wouldn't use it

regardless, i don't think i'll reply anymore
just do whatever you want, i feel like i'm banging my head on a wall here
you just want other to play the way you want them to, and that sound autistic, i'm no fucking potato handler, they don't pay me for this shit
>>
>>380745774
Whatever you say, Euroshit.
>>
>>380743842
>No, it most certainly isn't because it gets too hard.
It is. There are combofags that play on GMD who will immediately resort to Real Impact as soon as the game throws an actually dangerous enemy combination at them, then go back to comboing shit once they reduce the fight back to joke status.

>I'm speaking for myself here
No shit.

>but Nier Automata just isn't particularly fun to experiment with
Yet donguri has put out many combo videos of it in the vein of his DMC stuff. Why does that comboshit disappear the second he switches the difficulty to Very Hard?

>if you're overleveled
Which doesn't apply to fresh Very Hard runs, which donguri has done, and yet doesn't combo shit. Why.

>I'll spam instant charges and UTs for the most part
>implying there isn't considerable variation between UTs
>he doesn't know how to make use of NG's long list of excellent normals
Neat.

>a mechanic that was deliberately implemented
Like combo hit count in NG.

>isn't indicative of the mentality the dev team
>style does nothing in DMC1
You might be onto something.
>>
I swear I'm the only person that likes all Character Action Games (the mainline ones) and never complains.

DMC is great
NG is great
Bayo is great
etc etc is great

I love them all for what they are while everyone else is arguing which one is the best.
>>
>>380694497
Sauce please!
>>
>>380745938
>he misses one
>misses two Stingers
>Sky Stars to the side for no reason

>but what if he actually preferred to not do the most efficient thing because it looked cooler?
Then he's a combofag. He isn't playing any of his attacks to their strengths.

>he clearly fucking knows his shit
>vanilla run of not-DMD BP
Yeah, sure.

>he doesn't need to obliterate the enemy, he can play around and still kill him without getting hit
he probably killed them a gorillion times before he doesn't need to prove anything
That is exactly the kind of shit combofags spout and why people hate them. If he wants to challenge himself then do a proper challenge run, if you think it looks neat that's fine but does not change the fact what he's doing is entirely worthless.

>where did you get that
You claimed DMC4 was unfinished, ie strapped for resources. The simple solution is to cut extraneous shit like Nero.

>that's every fucking boss ever
>Arkham
>stunlock
Anon, pls. Think before you type.

>stunlocking the opponent IS an efficient way to kill him though
And what is being used to stunlock them? Strong, easy to execute attacks that will kill quickly so you deal with dangerous situations for the least time possible and quickly move to the next enemy? Nope, piss weak finicky normals with a bunch of pointless movement thrown in to make killing the enemy take longer.

>what makes you think you're in charge of dictating what's fun
>useless weapons and abilities are fun
Combofag mentality at its finest.

>it seems like you'd enjoy a game with only one move
Then there's no variety and nothing to optimize. Nice strawman.

>i feel like i'm banging my head on a wall here
Keep poisoning the well Anon. I'm sure it'll work.

>you just want other to play the way you want them to
No, I prefer games that allow for efficiency and style, instead of sacrificing every aspect of the game for the sake of arbitrarily defined style.
>>
File: 1482961276803.jpg (19KB, 280x330px) Image search: [Google]
1482961276803.jpg
19KB, 280x330px
>>380746483
I love most action games too, these threads just seem to attract a lot of tryhards for some reason though.
>>
>>380744302
I already gave them
>>
>>380744683
Isn't that a bit too much on the nose?
>>
Can someone post a list of Crazy Games? I'm trying to get into the genre, and I want know what games to look out for.
I was also wondering if No More Heroes is certified Crazy
>>
>>380747551
>Hey anon i love these games
>Me too
>...
>Thread archived
>>
>>380748286
Devil May Cry 1,3, and 4 (Special edition versions of 3 and 4 are recommended over the vanilla versions, avoid DMC2)
Ninja Gaiden 1, 2, and 3 (Black is generally considered the best version of 1, vanilla 2 is better than Sigma, only play the Razor's edge version of 3)
Bayonetta 1 and 2
God Hand
Metal Gear Rising
Viewtiful Joe
>>
>>380748108
And they were wrong. Anything else to contribute?
Thread posts: 508
Thread images: 96

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.