[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck DON'T you have a nintendo switch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 26

File: switch.jpg (129KB, 628x352px) Image search: [Google]
switch.jpg
129KB, 628x352px
How the fuck do you not have a switch? What other current system do you know with this many great games out within 9 months of the console releasing?
2017 games:
>Zelda BOTW
>Mario Odyssey
>ARMS
>Mario Kart 8
>Splatoon 2
>Pokken Tournament DX
>Fire Emblem Warriors
>Fast RMX
>Disgaea 5
>Xenoblade 2
>>
Im not a child
>>
i'm not under the age of 18
>>
>>380679116
Where's the 3rd parties.
>>
>>380679116
>not waiting for the Mario Odyssey Black Friday bundle
>>
Because nintendo didn't fucking stock them properly. I've been trying to buy one for months but they instantly sell out in a 100 mile radius of me within 2 min of retail stores opening. I work a 9-5 and I'm not going to pay a fucking scalper.

Nintendo should've planned this shit better
>>
>buying a console before any of its good games are out
>not learning from the Wii U where after the initial year or two it had no games for the rest of its life
>>
>>380679116

There are no games on it that interest me so why waste my money on it?
>>
File: 215167.jpg (677KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
215167.jpg
677KB, 1024x768px
>>380679263
>not waiting for the Pokemon Switch XL bundle
>>
>>380679472
Pokemon has been crap since Gold and Silver, fuck off.
>>
File: 1497145611771.jpg (19KB, 527x612px) Image search: [Google]
1497145611771.jpg
19KB, 527x612px
I do.
I got over hyped and looking for weeks for one and finally found a gamestop two hours away that had one. I drove and got it with breath of the wild.
I put 40 hours in it and haven't touched it since. I also bought mario kart 8 day one and probably haven't put 4 hours in it.
It sits next to my computer collecting dust and doing nothing.

It's a fucking paper weight until next year.
>>
>>380679245
Third party games may or may not come, but I don't buy nintendo consoles for those games. I already have a ps4 and PC. It would be nice though for having the choice to play portable.
>>
I buy systems when the games I want are actually released. Also waiting for the inevitable hardware revision.
>>
File: TOtlrSN.gif (121KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
TOtlrSN.gif
121KB, 500x511px
>>380679116

None of those games interest me.

>BOTW
Multiplat on the PC. Also, too casual, too cinematic, too many problems of open world games.

>Mario Odyssey
Looks alittle too gimmicky. The hat trick doesn't seem very useful in any of the footage shown. At no point would I ever want to be a goomba, and even the bullet bill trick would wear out fast.

>Arms
>splatoon 2
>Mario Kart
>Pokken Tournament
I don't like full priced esport titles, especially ones with no singleplayer, at least that isn't a garbage quality tutorial

>Fire Emblem Warriors
Musous AND fire Emblem are known for being unchallenging hallway simulators (putting them in an open field only makes them appear more free, but it doesn't make the game better). Combining them just amplifies the problem.

>Fast RMX
Poor man's wipeout. Nothing to say.

>Disgaea
>Xenoblade
I don't like cinematic movie games.

Overall, you could've at least mentioned Metroid Prime 4, the first game from nintendo I'm actually looking forward to, even though we don't have much info on it. Let's hope it isn't Federation Force 2.
>>
>>380679613
Same thing happened with my 3DS when I bought it launch week until it was fully hackable last year
>>
File: image.gif (924KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
924KB, 500x281px
>>380679613
Are you me?
>>
>>380679116
i'm fucking poor nigga, shit's 550$ plus tip on spicland #4, i have the money but i'll wait until christmas
>>
>>380679282
This. I'll pay $300 but no more.
>>
>>380679116
I bought it from gamestop 3 days ago and it's still not even shipped
>>
>>380679867
What games DO you like then? From this post it just sounds like you hate fun
>>
>>380679867
>Wipeout
A poor man's F-Zero
>>
>>380679867
Just out of curiosity, what games do you like?
>>
>>380679867
>It's the "The only nintendo franchise I like are Metroid and F-Zero, am I cool yet?" that is in every single Nintendo thread.
>>
>>380679998
I probably wont touch it again until SMO or if monster hunter ever comes to it.

After that or maybe possibly beforehand I'll sell it. I'm grown and the portable feature of it is useless to me. If I'm not at home I'm at work and I can't play games at work.
>>
It's overpriced for how shitty the hardware is and the entire "switch" function is a complete gimmick that nobody will use.
>>
>>380679867
What's a game you DO like?
>>
>>380679867
>too cinematic
Nice bait.
>>
WiiU
Not out
Shovelware
WiiU
Not out
WiiU
Shovelware
Shovelware
PS4
Not out
>>
>>380679116
>>Zelda BOTW
It's on Wii U. It's not a Zelda game. It's a empty world of nothing.
>>Mario Odyssey
Not out
>>ARMS
Not out
>>Mario Kart 8
Wii U.
>>Splatoon 2
Same shit as the one on Wii u
>>Pokken Tournament DX
Wii u
>>Fire Emblem Warriors
Looks like hot garbage
>>Fast RMX
Shitty f zero clone
>>Disgaea 5
Been out for years. Neckbeard anime day game
>>Xenoblade 2
Looks like a ps3 game
>>
>>380679116
No games.
>Zelda
On the Wiiu.
>Mario
Not out for like 6 more months.
>Arms
77...shit sucks.
>Mario Kart
On the Wiiu and like 4 years old.
>Splatoon 2
Not out, looks mediocre. Also not a pedo.
>Pollen.
Not out.
>Fire Emblem
Not out.
>Fast RMX
Looks mediocre.
>Disegaea
Don't care about the series.

>Xenoblade
Don't care....also not out yet.
The Switch has no games as of right now. Why the fuck would anyone want one now? Smart move is to wait until the holiday season and pick up the bundles most stores will be pushing at that time.
>>
>>380679116
Nintendobabbies when it was PS4 vs. Wii U:
>MULTIPLATS DON'T COUNT, PS4 = 1 GAME, WIIU = 10 GAMES WE WON SHUT UP

Nintendobabbies now:
>QUICK, LIST EVERY SHITTY INDIE, MULTIPLAT, AND UNRELEASED GAME WE HAVE
>>
>Buying a Switch before the first hardware update
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>380679116
port
garbage
shovelware
port
shovelware
port
shovelware
shovelware
port
garbage
>>
>>380679116
Cause I can't fuckin find one you shitlord.
>>
>>380679116
I'll wait until Prime 4 probably.
>>
>>380680175
F-Zero doesn't exist anymore :)
>>
File: GOTY, 2012-2017.jpg (462KB, 648x2549px) Image search: [Google]
GOTY, 2012-2017.jpg
462KB, 648x2549px
>>380680158
>>380680179
>>380680252
>>380680387
>>380680414

If you're curious, these are some picks of games that I've thoroughly enjoyed over the past 6 years. And I even include a little synopsis of why I chose them, and it should explain why I don't like the games on the Switch at the moment.

Perhaps it will clarify my position.
>>
Alot of 3ds games coming out that interested in.

I'll buy a switch next year when hype dies down and I can find one
>>
>>380680675
You seem pretty passionate in your standards. Its strange to see you have your own chart to fling out on demand though but hey who am I to judge?
>>
>>380680818
He's just a PC player.
>>
File: 1492691578561.jpg (282KB, 1024x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1492691578561.jpg
282KB, 1024x1014px
I'm selling mine.

Have a pc and don't care for portables. Also e3 was lackluster, don't know what I was thinking...hoping for $420 for the console itself plus zelda and mk just so I don't lose on this buy.
>>
>>380679116
I actually got mine today and have it charging while I'm shit posting at work. I'm retarded and bought one just because Odyssey has my balls blue. It will be a bitch to find in the holiday season so I said fuck it and got a bundle from Target. Otherwise I use my PC for the video game games.
>>
>>380680818
He's a vain pretentious fuck seeking validation for ignoring triple A games, despite the fact that Triple A games are perfectly viable of being fantastic games.
>>
Because Nintendo will release the Switch X Pro in a year or two, so I d rather wait and play BotW at a stable framerate in a few years.
>>
>>380679116
Why would I buy one now. I'll maybe buy one later when there's more games I care about and they have been released.
>>
it's a low clock arm soc, it'll probably be well emulated within the year
>>
>>380679116

Waiting for a revision that solves the Switch's obvious problems like the cheap as fuck plastic screen. As soon as that happens I'll buy one.
>>
I'm a third world poorfag struggling to survive.

Buy one for me richanon, please.
>>
No new Monster Hunter.
>>
I got one launch weekend, whaddya want from me?
>>
>>380679116
ARMS won't be fun alone, splatoon is only popular among the dorks here because it is the first multiplayer nintendo game in ever that isn't smash/mariokart, 3 of the games are jap soap operas, the last is an uninspired racing game where the gimmick is to go fast

zelda, mario, mariokart and pokken look decent
>>
>>380679116
Stop making console war threads you idiot

>>380680158
>>380680175
>>380680179
>>380680252
>>380680387
>>380680414
>>380680818
Please do not reply to ACfag
>>
>>380681036

>despite the fact that Triple A games are perfectly viable of being fantastic games.
Yes, spending 60 dollars + DLC on a game that can't be enjoyed offline sounds like such a deal.
>>
>>380679116
The only Nintendo games I like are Pokemon and Zelda. So its not worth it for me at the moment.
>>
>>380679116
no fucking games
>>
Call me when more than one of these games are actually out.
>>
>>380680997
chance the brapper
>>
>>380681196
kys
>>
Everyone keeps saying Arms is not out but I got mine today?
>>
>>380679116
>Zelda BOTW
Never cared much for zelda, it was a cool way to pass time when i played Twilight Princess on PC, but it's nowhere near a system seller.
>Mario Odyssey
It looks interesting, but the core gameplay is it's still a platformer, if i already had a switch, i might have pirated it or something, but it's not a system seller either, i can play Mario 64 or Mario Sunshine or Galaxy or whatever and get the same experience
>ARMS
what a joke
>Mario Kart 8
it's a meh re-release of a meh kart-racing game
Diddy Kong Racing and Crash Team Racing for life
>Splatoon 2
meh shooter, it's not bad, i like how fun and colorful it is, but it'll be fun for 10 minutes and last time i played it over at a friend's place with a Wii U it got boring in 5 minutes
>Pokken Tournament DX
i'll give you that one, but i don't like multiplayer and fighting games get old pretty quick when you fight against bots, it's still not a system seller
>Fire Emblem Warriors
never even heard of it, tbqh
>Fast RMX
>Disagea 5
>Xenoblade
>>
>>380679116
Because I can't fucking find any that cost less than $550 over here
>>
>>380679116
I literally just bought a switch this morning and I'm completely satisfied with my purchase.
>>
>>380680378
This.
Switch costs $470 where I live, no singular game is worth that much.
>>
>>380681382
What kind of game is a system seller to you if not highly anticipated first-party Nintendo games?
>>
Because I hate the Joycons and dock and would really prefer it to just be a nice portable, like the Vita but with proper games.
>>
>>380679867
>>Mario Odyssey
>Looks alittle too gimmicky. The hat trick doesn't seem very useful in any of the footage shown.
come on, its literally the only way how you get across platforms in some worlds.
>>
>>380680536
what you think will be updated?
>>
Waiting for the right time. This E3 showed a lot of games I want though, i'm definitely getting one now. Can BotW hold me over until mario rabbids and splatoon 2? Any of you still playing it?
>>
>>380679116
Don't care about most Nintendo IPs. Would probably buy one if I did since I like handhelds. I'll get one when the mainline Pokémon game or SMT comes out.
>>
I'll buy it when it gets hacked
>>
It's expensive as fuck here, around 525 USD.

I'm going to the US by the end of the month, so maybe I'll be able to get one for a reasonable price there. But I've heard the stock is shit and the things are really hard to find.
>>
>>380681795
Good luck if this thread is any indication, shit is SOLD OUT
>>
>>380679116

Mario, Xenoblade, and maybe Mario Kart are the only games there worth a damn to me.

I'm not into arena shooters. If I wanted Tekken the best one yet just came out. Not into whatever ARMS is supposed to be. I don't care about FE so an FE Musou is kinda worthless. I have Wipeout so I don't need Fast RMX. If I wanted to waste my time grinding and looking at animu girls I have half a dozen Vita games I could accomplish that with.

>BotW
That's not a Zelda game.
>>
>>380679116
>Zelda BOTW
Wii U
>Mario Odyssey
OK
>ARMS
Don't care
>Mario Kart 8
Don't care
>Splatoon 2
Don't care
>Pokken Tournament DX
Don't care
>Fire Emblem Warriors
Don't care
>Fast RMX
Don't care
>Disgaea 5
Don't care
>Xenoblade 2
OK

I'll wait for the holidays.
>>
>>380681795
I would just try to find one in-store. There was a Walmart an hour away from my house that had five switches still in stock for retail price.
>>
>>380681542
Not him, but literally Monster Hunter.
Some people bought a Switch expecting it to release later down the line.
It goes to show that it's always better to wait.
>>
>>380681542
I really doubt there is a system seller for me at this point, i guess i just got better things to spend money on than vidya, so requirements for spending money on vidya have went way up for me
i bought a PS4 out of trust for Sony that they will continue their franchises from the previous gen and start many new IPs and it's been gathering dust for two years now
I guess a collection of really great games like the PS2 had would be something i might have bought. More and more games come to PC and i see less and less of an incentive for buying consoles. I don't even play on a proper desktop PC, a "gaming" laptop is all i need.
>>
>>380679116
Because Nintendo is complete shit at stocking their consoles and I can't find the damn thing.
>>
File: idort2.jpg (69KB, 714x960px) Image search: [Google]
idort2.jpg
69KB, 714x960px
>Wife managed to get one for me as an early anniversary and birthday gift
>>
>>380681872
The funny thing is, the fucking console is everywhere here. You can go pretty much everywhere and get one. Then again, the things would prabably be well stocked in the US if they were 525 fucking dollars there like they are here.
>>
>>380679116
>FE Warriors
I'm not going to comment on the others, but listing this as anything but garbage shows you know nothing about the games you shill.
>>
>>380682201
Lucky
>>
>>380679116
it's almost impossible to find a fucking unit where I live
>>
>>380682201

Whose dick did she have to suck in a stock room to pull that one off?

>That trip
Really? That's what you decided on? That was the top of the list?
>>
>>380679116
>Sword Emblem Warriors being a reason
>>
>>380679116
Getting one for Xenoblade 2, the 2017 holiday release date is perfect to grab a Switch as well. Is Disgaea 5 Complete good? I have PS4 too but would prefer the portability.
>>
>>380679116
>want one for splatoon, start looking last week
>target had 2 neons 3 days ago but want a gray one
>realizing most retailers are bundling the gray ones and I should have picked up the neon when I had the chance

I-I'll find one before splatoon, right?
>>
>>380682076
Who the fuck bought a switch for monster Hunter that was never announced and if it did. It has long ass localization time.

Sounds like a waste
>>
File: there goes the thread.jpg (35KB, 411x411px) Image search: [Google]
there goes the thread.jpg
35KB, 411x411px
>>380679116
> What other CURRENT SYSTEM do you know with this many great games out within 9 months of the console releasing?

Moving the goalposts, I see.
>>
File: 1392389323930.jpg (55KB, 461x523px) Image search: [Google]
1392389323930.jpg
55KB, 461x523px
I need money
I need a job
>>
>>380679867
>splatoon
>mariokart
>pokken
>not having single player content
nigger are you retarded? Splatoon 1 had a singleplayer story campaign that IIRC (watched a playthrough) you ger the guns for multiplayer through that and also can use it to level up.

pokken has a who story tournament thingy that you can go through to become the champ.

mariokart has ALWAYS had 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, and mirror mode that challenge you to get first. later titles also have a bit of extra fluff for getting first in every race in each cup.

You can just say you don't like them man. But don't say they don't have singleplayer content when they do.
>>
>>380679143
so then you've cast aside childish things like the desire to be grown up?
>>
As far as I'm concerned, the Switch has no games other than BotW until Mario, Kirby and Metroid are actually out. I'm not getting one until then.
>>
>>380682201
>zero cable management
>shrek green paint
>bought you a console
I hope she buys you some fucking cable ties, a bucket of paint, and some fucking games too.
>>
>>380682838

did you even read what I said?

>at least that isn't a garbage quality tutorial

Not a single one of those """singleplayers" justify the 60 dollar price tag, let alone the DLC costs.
>>
>>380679116
I like story-heavy singleplayer RPGs and adventures, the darker the better; I never play multiplayer games; I rarely play casual games (occasionally some pinball or some puzzle game); I rarely play racers, and only if they're sims (Dirt Rally).

So that's like the complete antithesis of Nintendo. BotW is literally the only thing I have even a passing interest in, and I'm playing that on PC.
>>
>>380679116
no games
>>
>>380682838
>nigger are you retarded? Splatoon 1 had a singleplayer story campaign that IIRC (watched a playthrough) you ger the guns for multiplayer through that and also can use it to level up.
splatoon 1 has like 3 different weapons tho
>>
>>380683009
Everything from the shelves up are tied. Power cables going out are too. Everything else is loose so that if something gets pushed/shoved, others won't move with it.

Also, she painted this room, was originally going to be our sons room until we decided to make it the entertainment room instead.

>bought you a console
And what's wrong with this?
>>
>>380680675

>FTL over desolate hope
>runner 2 over antichamber
>gigantic army over shovel knight

>steelstrider over axiom verge
>am2r as 2016
>having hollow knight listed at all

I don't say this often, but consider suicide.

I do appreciate your design desires, and seek them myself often, but some of your reasons are fucking retarded, and I'm very surprised you didn't mention brigador, furi, underrail, hyper light drifter, dare i say it - dark souls 3 (kekkeroni), RAINWORLD?!!??! HOLLOW KNIGHT OVER RAINWORLD ARE YOU KIDDING ME?, literally anything that was in the last few humble bundles are better than reddit knight.

I liked zangeki warp and wolflame a lot, and you have some good taste, but if you're that desperate for mecha games, maybe play some fucking heavy gear assault with me?

and why the fuck did you like runner 2 over antichamber?

and FTL is babby's first roguelite, maybe you should play a real game like angband?

I like you, add me on discord

https://discord.gg/9BxVUz mention this thread and prove your identity and I'll add you, to keep out the riffraff
>>
>>380679116
>Cemu
>The only one of the list I truly care about.
>Don't care.
>Cemu
>Don't care.
>Cemu
>Don't care/Citra.
>Don't care/Cemu.
>It'll surely come out on PC at some point/I'll decide once I played the previous games.
>I'll decide once I played the previous games.

I'm sure Mario Odyssey will be an amazing game but the only reason I see myself buying a Switch for would be a mainline Pokémon Game (and while it's confirmed that GF are working in one, it'll prolly come out in Q4 2018 or Q1 2019).
>>
>>380683318
>>380683009
>>380682201
>>380682598

Hi 3ds fag

my girlfriend bought me a 3ds also

with the new metroid game comign in 3 months, might be the first fucking game i buy for it.
>>
>>380682838
>the "singleplayer" is just the multiplayer with bots and some generic tacked-on narrative
bing bing wahoo indeed
>>
third world poorfag
>>
>>380679116

I'm unemployed and they're never in stock.
>>
File: wuts.png (55KB, 566x186px) Image search: [Google]
wuts.png
55KB, 566x186px
>>380683483
Glad the 3DS is still getting lots of love. Looking forward to getting all 3 of Atlus' upcoming releases, Metroid, Lady Layton, Ever Oasis and maybe Miitopia.
>>
>>380679116
NO GAMES! Now PS4 has games. Like... Bloodborn, and uh... Nioh! Also Uncharted 4! So fuck off nintenbro
>>
Because there are no games on it right now.
Maybe in a year I'll get one, but you'd have to be retarded to buy one just after release.
>>
>>380683319

>and I'm very surprised you didn't mention brigador, furi, underrail, hyper light drifter, dare i say it - dark souls 3
If I put too many good games on the list, the image gets clogged. This was something I had to bring down to two-three games per year.

>consider suicide
>add me on discord

lol
>>
>>380679116
I'm buying one right now faggot.
>>
>>380679116
I don't see any great games on that list
>>
>>380683909
Sick burn bro XD
>>
>>380679116
No smash no buy
>>
>>380679282
Oh shit I feel bad for you anon. 0 stock issues where I'm at. This is the second time I've just walked in a bought one.
>>
I've been trying to get one after finally having a chance to play one at E3 yesterday. None in stock at a reasonable price anywhere.
>>
>>380684070
This. I bought a WiiU for Smash, and I'll buy a Switch for smash too.
>>
Y'know I bought the bundle for $500 off of gamestop but I think I should cancel it, it came with
>Pro controller which is grossly overpriced
>BotW which I dont give a shit about because it looked terrible
>BotW season pass
>console
>20 dollars for delivery because they dont do free delivery
>taxes

I love Musou
Want odyssey
Think splatoon will be cool because I never got it on wii u

But the issue is THEY ARE MONTHS AWAY and I'm afraid I'll be able to buy the switch discounted soon..

Does nintendo ever even discount their consoles? I dont think wii u ever got one.
>>
by the time i can find one splatoon multiplayer will probably be reduced to only laggy japs
>>
>>380684220
I'm actually concerned nintendo has been quiet on the subject because the switch can't run smash for the wiiu at 60fps in portable mode
>>
I'll be reminded this thing exists again when Prime 4 is out.
>>
why can't I find one for $299? Wasn't the original price $299? Everywhere I look they go for $400 now.
>>
>>380684402
Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me. It's extremely unfortunate if that is the case -- but regardless, even if they don't port the WiiU version, there will eventually be a Smash of it's own... eventually.
>>
What's the difference between Redout and Fast RMX?
>>
>>380684486
If your looking on amazon its the scalping neckbeards your seeing because it isnt in stock with retailers.
>>
I entered some Twitter giveaway thing, so with a great deal of luck I'll have one soon.
>>
>>380684628
Maybe we can get lucky and it would transition to smash for the 3ds when it goes in portable mode. That way we get both games. But why would anything nice happen ?
>>
>>380684795
I've literally looked everywhere, asking price is $400.

Is it better to wait until the price is $299 again?
>>
>>380679867
>Disgaea 5
>Cinematic movie game

This is obviously bait
>>
>>380684926
>until the price is $299 again?
not gonna happen
>>
>>380684926
Gamestop is selling bundles that launch on jume 30th but they are pretty expensive.
>>
>>380684486
you didn't pre-order so now you're stuck with the scalper's market
thanks, capitalism
>>
Well finding one in stock is an issue Amazon isn't touching it yet other than 3rd parties and all the big box places can't keep it on the shelf
>>
>>380685119

Find me a disgaea thread that doesn't immediately devolve into posting porn of Etna, and then we'll talk about it being a video game instead of an excuse to jerk off to lolis, which is essentially masking the bad gameplay.
>>
>>380681203
>Any banter about consoles and their games is considered console wars
Can you stop? I swear you fags want to kill discussion about games
>>
File: Shattered-phone-screen.jpg (56KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Shattered-phone-screen.jpg
56KB, 1200x800px
>>380681142
>cheap as fuck plastic screen
>plastic screens don't shatter
>plastic screens are cheaper to replace
>system can be thrown like a fucking disk hit the pavement bounce twice and barely scratch
>has dropped switch twice once on hardwood and once on break room slab flooring no worse for ware
>$750 phone with glass screen falls off of table and screen is damaged beyond use even with a case
>costs $700 bucks to fix it

Fuck glass screen those mother fuckers can suck my sack
>>
>>380679116
>buying a console within 3 years of its initial release
No.
>>
>>380685939
Glass screens are part of how phones are designed to break within two years so idiots buy another one. Only now idiots are actually mistaking this as a good idea and not a scam.
>>
It cost 500 bucks and the pro cintroller around 120 bucks
>>
>>380679116
All these games are coming out in 2017? Cool, but what happens in 2018?
>>
>>380686509
nigga what?
>>
>>380679867
>multiplat

Emulators don't make something a multiplat, otherwise every game pre 2004 is a mobile multiplat
>>
>>380685938
>banter about consoles
>my kiddie toy is better than yours xd
Fuck you, you're the cancer upon this board.
>>
>>380687559
Probably more games
>>
File: 1466255906446.jpg (23KB, 335x327px) Image search: [Google]
1466255906446.jpg
23KB, 335x327px
I really want one, and even though I can afford one, I'm too much of a Jew and don't want to spend money. And also, I'm getting pissed off at the lack of western 3rd party support.

Also, if I'm being really honest, the thing I like most about the Switch is the concept of a portable home console, but it seems almost pointless if it won't get the big western 3rd party games. I'm not the biggest Ninty fan though, but I'm even less of a fan of the SJW fueled garbage that a lot of western devs are becoming so the Switch will probably become my main system come 2018.

I still need to get a PS4 also for when RDR2, TLOU2, Death Stranding and DBFighterZ are all out.
>>
>>380679116
because i can emulate botw w/ cemu @ 4k 60fps, and all those other games aren't out yet or blow dick.
>>
>>380687993
If this pans out you will be able to stream PC games to it as well
>>
>>380679116
I have like 20,000 hours of backlog. I never need to buy another console.
>>
>>380688158
Forgot image
>>
>>380679116
I'm unemployed.
I'll buy one for Kirby when I get a job.
webdev job pls
>>
>>380687559
more wiiu ports
>>
>>380688191
The only mature reply in here
>>
>>380679116
There all Sold out in Canada, still
>>
>>380688483
What if he can't beat one of the games in his backlog? Then what? And yes there are games that you are NOT meant to play
>>
>make post
>it goes into another thread
The fuck is wrong with you appchan.

Anyway, DF is right about the Switch port of Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2, it's horrible. Avoid if you can.
>>
File: 1486163489215.png (444KB, 469x468px) Image search: [Google]
1486163489215.png
444KB, 469x468px
>>380679116
Because until now I only had Splatoon 2 to look forward to, but with the announcement of pokken dx, metroid 4, and my newly acquired interest in ARMS I can justify getting another paperweight. Fucking consoles.
Either way, shit's sold out here.
>>
>>380679116
The games are old as fuck, not released, ports, and most of them suck. No thanks.

Nintendo consoles always end with below average libraries, whereas you can get a PC or PS4 and experience much more, and better games.
>>
>>380679116
>why don't you have a switch
Because Nintendo doesn't actually make any
>>
>>380689898
What about the 20 thousand a week that gets sold?
>>
Waiting for the inevitable hardware revision, also hopefully a cheaper, non-portable version.
Botw is the only released game that interests me so far and it's still getting DLCs so I'll just wait until the "definitive"/finished version is ready before playing it.
>>
File: 1475121421502.jpg (16KB, 240x432px) Image search: [Google]
1475121421502.jpg
16KB, 240x432px
no thanks, even as a nintendo fan I wouldn't get a shitch unless they are consistent with good releases. Wii U is most disappointing console I've ever owned because I decided to get it too early.
>>
>>380690186
what games came out the first year of wii u anyway? I was a mid cycle adopter.
>>
File: 1497565838015.jpg (18KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1497565838015.jpg
18KB, 500x281px
There's 100 of them out in the wild.
No stock until 2019.
>>
>>380679116

I just bought one today and I cannot believe that I can't get crunchyroll.
Not even fucking youtube.

Are you serious?
>>
>>380690462
Just watch those on your phone why would you waste battery power on That?
>>
>>380690462
Because you bought a gaming device, not a portable TV. Should have bought a cheap tablet if you wanted to not play video games.
>>
>>380690602
>>380690707

My 3ds does more than a switch. And you faggots defend it. lmao. I cannot believe how bare bones the menu and shit is.
>>
>>380690809
You're retarded, we get it.
>>
>>380690975
Nice argument.

>>380690602
>>380690707

Why would I waste battery on my phone for youtube? its a phone device not a video device!
>>
>>380690707
This

This 99 dollar piece of shit should have no problem with compressed anime and YouTube
>>380690809
Waahh why doesn't my gaming device play shit from a shitty rip off anime service and "I don't want to actually work for a living" the website?
>>
>>380679116
It'll be more intelligent to look at buying a switch around Christmas time. Right this very instant is not best time.

t. switch owner
>>
>>380679282
Check best buys every Sunday morning. We've been getting a steady shipment if them. Just this past Sunday we had some and didn't sell out until Tuesday.
We won't get them every Sunday though.
>>
File: 1478249823963.jpg (46KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
1478249823963.jpg
46KB, 620x453px
>>380679116
I bought a Switch at a midnight release and to date the only games on it I care about are Prime 4 and Splatoon 2.

Breath of the Wild bored me to tears, I'm not much for fightan so I'll skip ARMS, I already own Mario Kart 8 and Pokken, I don't think Disgaea 5 is exclusive, and I already have a couple of Musou games so there's no reason I'd buy another.

I already have a godly PC so really I don't know what I was thinking, and we haven't heard shit for news about the SMT game.
>>
>>380691420
If This is the case why doesn't the site let me pre order one for the next time it's shipped to them with the understanding they have no idea when that is
>>
>>380681250
>what is reading comprehension
>>
>>380679143
Who the fuck cares if you're a child or not, it's a video game console, what are you trying to do, protect your reputation?
>>
>>380679116
Because it's never in stock when I feel like getting it, and I lose interest after a while.
>>
>>380691486
>godly PC

Post speccy now faggot
>>
>>380690602
>>380690707
>>380690975
>>380691152
>unironically defending the lack of a feature every new console has
So this is the power of fanboyism
>>
File: Shut up Boco.gif (18KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
Shut up Boco.gif
18KB, 80x80px
>>380681196
>>
I don't want to play the games offered to me.
I have no use for a tablet that dies in 3 hours and doesn't even have a web browser/netflix

acceptable reasons?
>>
>>380679282
Amazon
>>
>>380691662
There is no use of said feature everyone had a device that can already do all of those things at a higher red than the switch my phone is in 1080p why would I want to watch videos in 720p on my gaming device
>>
>>380691646
Okay senpai.
>>
>>380691662
>everything can do it
>need one more thing that can
Again, some people are just retarded.
>>
>>380685859
Find me a thread about [Japanese game] that doesn't immediately devolve into posting porn
>>
>>380679867
>all these people not knowing they're replying to ACfag
>>
>>380691814
Is where the scalper sums bags sell it for 100 or more than it's price
>>
>>380691551
This. Pretty fucking retarded since a scalper can just walk in and buy 5+ no questions asked.
>>
File: speccyt.png (48KB, 984x589px) Image search: [Google]
speccyt.png
48KB, 984x589px
>>380691836
What in the hell is wrong with your computer that specify is ch9king so hard? When was the last time you updated speccy and as far as godly you have almost the same computer as me and I don't consider mine godly
>>
>>380690462
Where'd you buy it? UK fag.
>>
>>380679116
no gaems i want, at least thats out, MP4 won't be out on that shit console for another 2-4 years
>>
>>380691958
All my local retail chains have signs up, 1 per customer, because we live in an area full of shits that come in the moment we get anything that can be scalped.

Fun story, had to FIGHT a women out the store after she punched another associate and I for refusing to sell her the entire shipment of Tickle Me Elmos when they came back out.
>>
>>380679116
I don't buy a system until it has at least 5 games out already that I want to play. Usually by the time this happens the hardware has also undergone a revision to work out launch kinks. Currently the Switch has 2 games I'd want to play out.
>>
>>380691958
>>380691551
Because it's first come first serve. And we limited 1 per customer.
>>
No monster Hunter
>>
>>380692121
I haven't updated speccy in about ten months. And I hate to tell you this man, but we're kind of in the 1% of computers. It may not seem godly on /v/ where every other fucker has SLI'd 1080s but to the majority of people our shit is excessive.
>>
>>380679282
Have you tried not looking in big cities? I live in the countryside, every town around me has them in Stock in game stores and supermarkets, all the people in my country bitching about lack of stock are all looking in the bigger cities where demand is also highest.
>>
>nintendo finally managed to make double jump not a shitty crutch that feels pointless in later parts of the game
>gimmicky

Next time you think about killing yourself follow through.
>>
>>380691836
You should probably step up to a nice monitor, senpai. Got all sorts of performance under the hood, but the visual fidelity is ultimately held back a lot by the very bad display.
>>
File: 2.jpg (48KB, 585x399px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
48KB, 585x399px
No games on it right now.

Same reason I didn't buy a PS4 in its first year despite the "promise" of good games.

I'll do like I always do with all Nintendo consoles, pick a 2nd hand one up 3~ years down the line once it's in the bargin bin due to it being a flop.
>>
>>380692586
I will once I get some cash influx, maybe. I went with 1080/60 because fucking everything supports it by default. 1440 and 4K aren't so easy, and I can't stand TN monitors which is why I didn't go 144.
>>
Waiting for the library to grow before purchasing. I generally wait a year before purchasing any console, it's worked out for me.
>>
>>380679116
I just bought one, but I get a physical sick pain in my gut spending that much money.
>>
>>380692145
Bong here, they're everywhere here in North Yorkshire
>>
>>380692816
New? I don't want pre-owned garbage.
>>
>>380679116
why? because it's too expensive thanks to insufficient supply, and i refuse to pay extra to a scalper leech on principle. i'm not sure when the supply will meet the demand, but it'll be fine with me unless xenoblade 2 comes out and I still can't get a switch.
>>
>>380693103
yup, seen them in a bunch of Asda and Tesco superstores
>>
>>380692145

No, US. Midwest.
>>
No stock anywhere and also no point in getting one until Mario.
>>
No joke I hate getting my lazy ass off my PC chair to sit near my TV.
>>
>>380691896

Any game that doesn't have waifus in it, like oh say, Armored Core for example. Sure, you can find porn if you search hard enough, but you're given a high guarantee of a good non-porn discussion whenever a thread pops up.
>>
>>380680675
I cannot believe this. "Getting good reviews = bad game"?!?!?!?!? That is the most hipster thing I've heard all year, based solely on a retarded stereotypes of VG journalists being too casual. Are you serious? You're also taking off points from a company trying to sell their game, or MAKE A PROFIT? You'd rather a company go bankrupt from making no money from a game, because "hurr durr that translates to a better game". By that logic, the Wii U is the best console ever; universally panned, no marketing, and shitty online.
>>
whats the closest release date for any of the games announced at e3 ?
>>
>>380693897

>That is the most hipster thing I've heard all year, based solely on a retarded stereotypes of VG journalists being too casual.
It's also based on them colluding together to give certain games review scores of their choosing even if it doesn't deserve, and it being confirmed that they take bribes.Plus, why would a game journalist like a good game? They hate anything video gamey, and just want the medium to push their agendas. how many editorials have we seen where developers and journalists talk about how "gender diversity" and "political correctness" are far more important than gameplay?

>You're also taking off points from a company trying to sell their game, or MAKE A PROFIT?
No, I'm simply asking why I'm paying more than 60 dollars per game for DLC that should be in the base game, not to mention the game being 60 in the first place, which means they wasted money where it wasn't needed, or they spent too much on marketing.

>By that logic, the Wii U is the best console ever; universally panned, no marketing, and shitty online.
At the very least it was better than the Xbox and Ps4, if only because they spent less money on marketing and tried making games, instead of being cinematic movies that pandered to the Call of Duty fratbros. Granted, those were still on the WiiU, but in lesser amounts.
>>
>>380679116
The only games on that list I might care about are Zelda, Mario and Splatoon and I can't say I care that much to drop the money.
>>
File: 1496842981070.jpg (138KB, 762x987px) Image search: [Google]
1496842981070.jpg
138KB, 762x987px
>>380679116
three reasons

>I'm in between jobs and don't have the income yet to buy one
>I wanted to wait until Nintendo ironed out some of the hardware/technical problems
>I don't like the fact you can't transfer game saves.

The third reason is my biggest sticking point, but once I get a job I know I will cave and buy one anyway. I'll just have to buy a 256 gb SD card to go with it I guess.
>>
>>380680675
Holy shit dude how many fedoras do you own? All of them
>>
>buying a prototype

You nintendorks never learn. I'll wait 3 years for the superior new switch xl
>>
>>380679282
Pretty much this.
I drove all the way up to a Walmart thinking it'd be there because I just felt like it would be there and it wasn't.

Ended up spending money on different games I don't even play.

I have a 100 dollar gift card and I want to use it on the switch.
>>
>>380694543

Wouldn't I be contrarian by supporting Nintendo above all else, since their consoles have been selling the least this gen? If anything you'd have better luck accusing me of being a normie, since I play on PC which is vastly populated, although alot of people don't use them to play games sadly.
>>
>>380695007
>Ended up spending money on different games I don't even play.
Why? Do you hate money?
>>
>>380694386
do you really think ALL video game journalists have agenda's? what agenda's could they possibly have? They aren't politicians. And examples of bribery in review scores are few and far between, and have NEVER been reported to have occurred between nintendo and VG journalists. no journalists in the video game industry puts PC over gameplay, because they actually care about the industry they work in, and care about keeping a job.
>how many editorials have we seen where developers and journalists talk about how "gender diversity" and "political correctness" are far more important than gameplay?
none. fucking none. I have not seen one journalist claim that gameplay isn't as important as politics in games. and no, I'm not talking about shitheads like Anita Sarkeesian. Nobody in the VG community, let alone VG journalists, take those people seriously.
Also, the idea that a $60 game inherently wasted money is a brash assumption. I don't think you realize that a marketing team and a video game development team are two totally different entities. none of the budget used for developing the game goes into marketing. imagine developing a game like botw, and selling it for 20 dollars. how much money would they lose? the budget for that game was much more than some shitty indie game on steam. And no, the wii u and its 4 games are not as good as the ps4, which, believe it or not, isn't only movies with short times of controlling the character.
>>
I'd rather wait for New Switch.
>>
Most of those game i have on the wiiu. I also got bored of botw very quickly i guess im burned out. im just hoping for a new smash or melee hd that i get the switch
>>
File: Untitled.png (162KB, 795x628px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
162KB, 795x628px
>>380695995

>do you really think ALL video game journalists have agenda's?
Yes. They've demonstrated that years and years ago, and still do to this day.

>what agenda's could they possibly have?
Anything that fits their ego, or nets them a profit. This E3 was a perfect example, especially how they put diversity and strong black women characters into ALL of their games. That's not a problem normally, but they put more emphasis on that than actually making a good game, and their trailers didn't even contain gameplay. They were scripted cutscenes masquerading as playable segments.

>NEVER been reported to have occurred between nintendo and VG journalists.
That's because nintendo is the richest company in the industry. If they outed any corruption there, they'd be blacklisted from ever reviewing their games early again. Plus, Nintendo has a way of silencing dissent, like when a game of theirs gets low reviews or a trailer gets alot of critique, they will instantly hide the comments, the like bar, and ban anyone from saying anything negative. It's happened at least twice in the past 2 years.

>no journalists in the video game industry puts PC over gameplay, because they actually care about the industry they work in, and care about keeping a job.
Anon, please. ANON, PLEASE. Look at articles like this and say they don't favor being PC over having a good product.

>none. fucking none.
I have an article for you then.

>I don't think you realize that a marketing team and a video game development team are two totally different entities. none of the budget used for developing the game goes into marketing.
The game has an overall budget. The more they spend on marketing, the more the game has to sell to make that budget back. That marketing division isn't paid with magic play-money. Because of that, you can't have a good quality niche game that sells decently. You gotta have a massive normie appealing game that guarantees you a return investment. (cont'd)
>>
>>380679245
name 3 good third party games
>>
>>380679116
>played zelda on wii u
>mario actually looks good
>arms looks trash to me
>mario kart is a port
>splatoon doesn't look new
>pokken is a port
>muso game yawn
>actually no idea what fast rmx is. good marketing.
>disgaea 5 played it
>xenoblade 2 decent game.

2 games is not enough to buy a console anon. be a smart consumer for once in your life.
>>
>>380679116
It doesnt have MH
>>
>>380695995

>imagine developing a game like botw, and selling it for 20 dollars. how much money would they lose? the budget for that game was much more than some shitty indie game on steam
That's their fault for wasting money on voice acting, graphics, and celebrity endorsements. Nobody told Nintendo that they had to compete with the graphics whores of the modern era, but they chose to, and they chose to waste money. Imagine if this wasn't Zelda and they weren't guaranteed several million right off the bat.Infact, the brand name was the only reason it was a safe investment. Try that with Metroid, and you'd be lucky to get even a quarter of the sales, and that's all money down the drain. That's why Metroid, for example, needs to stay minimalistic in its graphics and story. You can't afford to waste money you know you're not getting back.

>And no, the wii u and its 4 games are not as good as the ps4, which, believe it or not, isn't only movies with short times of controlling the character.
The Ps4's only redeeming factor is its multiplats, which are already on other systems. Games like Uncharted and TLOU just aren't appealing unless you're a normie who likes cinematic art games. If you already have a PC, then it makes the console redundant.
>>
>>380679116

I don't play weeb games nigga
>>
>>380691420
>>380679282
Best Buy fag here and we get our shipments on Thursdays.. all stores are different depending on location end of story.

Your best bet is to reserve one in store. Check every 2 days online Anon :)
Thread posts: 231
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.