[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spider-Man PS4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: spidermanps4z.png (132KB, 1686x834px) Image search: [Google]
spidermanps4z.png
132KB, 1686x834px
Latest information on Spider-Man

>The game is singleplayer only.
>The game is mostly open world, though there are some cinematic linear segments.
>The open world is 4-6 times the size of Sunset Overdive.
>You won't be killing anyone in the game.
>There will be a lot of gameplay and story segments where you play as Peter Parker going about his day instead of Spider-Man. They say it will actually focus as much on Peter as it does on Spider-Man, but I don't know if that statement just applies to the story, or to the gameplay segments as well.
>The mission from the gameplay demo will be a bit different in the final version. For example, they mention you save a lot more people in the actual game, and there are actually failure states, but for the purposes of the demo, they changed things up a bit.
>They note that Spider-Man is 23 in the game, and has been Spider-Man for eight years, so he's pretty accomplished, though as you might have noticed in the trailer, far from 100% confident in himself.
>They confirm that Miles Morales was the guy at the end of the trailer. They won't say if he's playable, but they mentioned he's there because they want to show this is a different kind of Spider-Man story.
>They also note that Miles' role is much bigger than a cameo.
>Marvel noted that they want their games to help develop their less well known characters as well, and Insomniac mentioned that Miles' inclusion was also part of this initiative.
>There will be villains beyond Mr. Negative and Kingpin.
>They talk a bit more about the gadgets and how you can use things like tripwires on two people instead of just traditionally. They're trying to have a lot of combat options.
In case it wasn't obvious, this is not tied to any existing Spider-Man story
>For the most neurotic fans, Insomniac assures that the white Spider-Man symbol is meaningful and has a purpose that's explained in game
>They also note that the web swinging isn't QTE based, but that they use QTEs for cinematic moments
>>
So is it open world or?
>>
>>380673390
OH NO I PLAY AS A BLACK PERSON
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Sonybros getting their dream ape character.
>>
>you won't be killing anyone in the game

Dropped harder than the Enola Gay.
>>
>>380675346
Cry about it
>>
How big was Overdrive ? Also compared to lets say Witcher 3 how big was it ?
>>
File: 1496427288917.gif (2MB, 341x237px) Image search: [Google]
1496427288917.gif
2MB, 341x237px
>>380673036
man it sure is great to have a ps4
>>
>>380677431
I would say overdrive is the size of Steelport from Saints Row The Third.
>>
>>380673036
I really hope they make sunset overdrive 2 after this, I need it.
>>
>>380673036
>>They also note that Miles' role is much bigger than a cameo.
I guess Sony did show off ape escape at E3
>>
>>380677861
Same, I would love it if the Xbox One X made the first one run at 60FPS.
>>
Maybe they'll actually make Miles interesting for once.

Wait, is Bendis in any way associated with this game?
>>
>>380677112
What did you expect? It's not a X-force game.
>>
>>380675346
But Miles is Spider-man
>>
>>380673036
Here's to featuring Hunter and Vamp in the game.
>>
>>380673036
You guys do realize that the new game is going to have spiderman as a bad guy very early on yeah?
>>380673390
Then you do the ultimate cuck and make people think the lead is white when actually he is mixed race Miles. I'm okay with this tho.
>>
>>380678523
Whose name is literally Spider-man.

You disliking it doesn't make it any less true.
>>
Doesnt miles becomes spiderman because peter dies or something? So showing off miles on the trailer just a huge fucking spoiler right? Why would thwy do that?
>>
>>380673390
>playing as a jew is somehow better

Fuck off mate
>>
>>380679561
Ultimate Peter died and Miles became Spidey in the ultimate universe.

Now he's in the 616 alongside Peter.
>>
>>380673036
>Marvel noted that they want their games to help develop their less well known characters as well
>Mr. Negative is showing up
Yeah Cloak and Dagger are probably going to show up

>>380673390
>Hating on Michael Clarke Duncan
>>
>>380673036
>You won't be killing anyone in the game.
Fuck you
https://youtu.be/FhfC5B1raEo
>>
>>380678081
>Maybe they'll actually make Miles interesting for once.
As long as Bendis isn't involved, I'm fine with Miles being included. Literally everyone writes Miles better than his own creator. But on /co/ (and to an extent, /v/) hates Miles because of Bendis, and because he's shoehorned and pushed by SJW's. Miles came /somewhat/ naturally in Ultimate, since Pete died and there was no way Marvel was going to let the Ultimate universe be without a Spider-Man. Other than that, he's been pushed super hard and Bendis writes him as being OP as fuck
>>
>>380679561

Miles replaced Peter after he died in a modern line of comics.
That line was cancelled and he was recycled over to the classic line that's been around forever.

Peter doesn't really have to die here, just bring him into the Spider-family like its been done already.
We know the White Spider is gonna signal Negative Spider-man, so there's a chance of a short stint as Miles.
DLC will probably be Coop if they're smart about it. I would love to see Pete, Miles, Flash and Miguel kick ass and explore.
>>
>>380680780
>Miles and Flash take turns fanboying over Peter
>Spider-family moments
I'd love it
>>
>>380679397
Being another spiderman doesn't make him good either.
>>
>>380680129
SpOck was the best storyline Spider-Man has had in years, but of course you don't actually READ comics.
>>
>>380673036
>For the most neurotic fans, Insomniac assures that the white Spider-Man symbol is meaningful and has a purpose that's explained in game
Why does the fact the spiderman symbol is white matter?
>>
>>380673036
This makes me feel a lot better desu, I turned off the stream the second I saw press x to swing, is the combat just gonna be bamham?
>>
>>380677431
Overdrive was relatively small, but the whole ciy was designed in a way that you could travel from corner to corner purely with environmental traversal (grind rails, wall running, bouncy things, water sliding, pole swinging etc)

They're quite possibly the most qualified to design a city in a way that can be traversed funly just by movement abilities rather than vehicles
>>
>>380679397
fuck you he's Kid Arachnid
Also as long as they keep him as creepy fanboy it would be worth it.
>>
>caring about Spider-Man

You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
But what about the quips?
>>
>>380682780
Because it clearly means Mr. Negative is going to "corrupt" Spider-man and the spider being white or black will change your gameplay mechanics.

Either that or you'll go evil and then play as Miles.
>>
>>380684042
Has spiderman really never had a white symbol before, to the point that spiderman autists are freaking out at the mere thought?
I genuinely can't tell if your response is ironic or not, is that really the first thing people start assuming when they see a white spiderman symbol?
>>
>>380673036
>but that they use QTEs for cinematic moments
Didnt notice that, thanks insomniac.
>>
File: 537bcfc2204f0.jpg (172KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
537bcfc2204f0.jpg
172KB, 940x529px
I'm not like the autistic anons here and I actually want to like Miles but he wasn't given much of a chance to form his own identity.

Basically in Ultimate Miles shows up and for a few issues he's a unique character, but once he becomes spiderman officially he starts to lose that and they just have him resume Peter's life and because of this Miles isn't distinguishable on his own.

I mean can anyone in this thread who actually read Ultimate spidean tell me what they remember of Miles as a human character?
The most likely answer is no and that's not good especially for someone taking the mantle of Spider-man.

If they're gonna do Miles right in this game He needs to have his own unique personality.
Maybe make him super cocky, have him be stupid with his powers and use them for personal gain because he hasn't faced the death of a loved one like Peter, or make him Peter's apprentice.
Just do anything but "he's like Peter, but black".
And don't just force him into Peter's life.
Right now Marvel likes to do the whole "everyone is connected" thing with stories. Don't.
It lessens the scale of your world and makes the scope of your tale smaller.

Miles has potential to be an Amazing character but Marvel has no idea how to write anymore.
>>
>They confirm that Miles Morales was the guy at the end of the trailer. They won't say if he's playable, but they mentioned he's there because they want to show this is a different kind of Spider-Man story.
>They also note that Miles' role is much bigger than a cameo.
>Marvel noted that they want their games to help develop their less well known characters as well, and Insomniac mentioned that Miles' inclusion was also part of this initiative.
Oh boy, this is the gift that keeps on giving. Just waiting for Bendis to be confirmed as the writer.

>>380684218
It's essentially the black suit's emblem pasted over a tacticool take on the original, with no attempt to adapt it. Ugly as fuck and sticks out like a sore thumb. After they revealed it I kept waiting for a make-your-own-costume mechanic reveal, but it never came.
>>
Hope the villain roster is good. These games can live or die depending on which ones they include.
>>
>>380673036
>You won't be killing anyone in the game
Damn I guess I can't throw people off buildings this time.
>>
>>380684589
As someone who genuinely enjoyed the Miles era of USM you are completely right.

They started strong with him accidentally killing his uncle but shortly after that he became Peter 2.0 and eventually got overshadowed by Peter coming back.

It's not a good sign for a character when his fat Asian friend is more memorable.
>>
>>380673036
it represents white power, the nigro is the main villain
>>
File: 51ZJAR147PL.jpg (31KB, 215x290px) Image search: [Google]
51ZJAR147PL.jpg
31KB, 215x290px
Will we see the return of good Mahvel games?
>>
>>380688061
Ahahahhaahahahahhaahahahahahahahah

;_;
>>
>>380684806
You mean, Brian Michael Bendis?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.