[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MAYLAY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 18

File: Melee_HD_.jpg (88KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Melee_HD_.jpg
88KB, 640x400px
>No Melee HD announced
>Melee tournament scene is slowly dying
>Smash 4 was never good
>Project M is dead

Remind me how Nintendo won E3 this year again?

Smash is all that matters, and we got nothing.
>>
>Nintendo putting an end to the autism that is Melee

Thank you based Nintendo
>>
>Posting Twitch memes on /v/
>>
>Decide to watch E3 coverage on Twitch
>Chat is spamming 9-gag tier copypasta, and won't shut the fuck up about Skate 4, Melee HD, and Denuvolord

Man, even Youtube comments are more tolerable that than drivel.
>>
>>380672912
>Melee HD is a thing
>But wavedashing and all other mechanics which could have been considered glitches aren't here anymore
>>
File: AGCuu9p.jpg (86KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
AGCuu9p.jpg
86KB, 1024x576px
>>380672912
Hope you enjoy "smash for wiiu for nintendo switch deluxe edition"

switch is just a wiiu port machine at this rate.
>>
>>380673679
>People will still play it because it has Melee in the name
>And the game will still be faster than Smash 4 by default

Honestly, even a wavedash/l-cancel gimped melee would still be a more viable competitive game than Smash 4.

To put it in perspective.

>Melee is 3rd Strike
>Gimped Melee is Super Turbo
>Smash 4 is SFV
>>
File: Hydrangeas.jpg (30KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Hydrangeas.jpg
30KB, 320x240px
Have SMASHfags replaced Metroidfags as the worst Nintendo fanbase?
>>
>>380673987
We didn't even get that! We got fucking nothing.
R.I.P. Smash
>>
>>380674431
Smashfags have always been the worst fanbase.

>Won't give a new game a chance because it doesn't play exactly like Melee
>Are elitist as hell and get mad when any other fighting game is mentioned
>Thinks that Melee is the only competitive game Nintendo is allowed to have, and disregards others like Splatoon

And that's not even bringing up the issues that competitive Melee players have themselves.

>Refuse to use anything other than CRT monitors, which is a huge burden to TOs
>Tend to have horrible hygiene by most accounts at local and major tourneys
>Actively don't like their fanbases, requesting that they get VIP treatment in order to "not deal with fans"
>>
What's wrong with Smash 4?
>>
>>380673987
>at this rate
did you mean at this moment? because that would be closer to the truth than what you said.
>>
Nintendo has made it clear multiple times they fucking hate Melee and the esports scene it created. Why the fuck do you think they're going to remake Melee?
>>
File: goofi grin.png (571KB, 628x592px) Image search: [Google]
goofi grin.png
571KB, 628x592px
>Smash is all that matters, and we got nothing.

The level of entitlement you guys have makes me think you guys need mental help.
>>
File: ht wt.jpg (65KB, 525x437px) Image search: [Google]
ht wt.jpg
65KB, 525x437px
>Smash is all that matters
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>Nintendo releases Melee HD
>Various balance changes making top tier characters worse and lower toer characters better
>Melee pros argue about which version of the game to play ala Street Fighter II
>Melee scene dies out because the pros can't agree
>The cancer that is Melee is dead for good.
>>
>>380672912
They barely finished putting the final touches on Sm4sh last year. Let the series rest and cool off for a bit. Sakurai clearly wants to make more Kirby anyway.
>>
>>380675240
It's apparently "too slow" and I guess it's "too balanced" to be considered interesting?

I don't know. I think the Smash scene doesn't like it just because it doesn't play exactly like Melee and does have Fox/Falco in the highest tiers.

Basically, Melee babbys hate change and can't adapt.
>>
File: 1497332494088.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497332494088.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
Why do you autists have such a problem with Sm4sh?
>>
>>380672912
>Melee HD gets released
>Melee fags will complain about "m-muh CRT" and "m-muh input lag!"

Nintendo will solve nothing by making a Melee HD for the switch.
>>
>>380672912
I like smash 4, it's just that the single player was awful.

If they released Sm4sh deluxe with an ACTUAL single player adventure mode and better single player content I would be happy
>>
As someone who skipped Brawl because it was trash, I thought Smash 4 was great.
>>
>>380672912
I actually think Melee will be released for the Switch eventually.

It'll just be a direct port of the Gamecube PAL edition with nothing new to it other than Virtual Console perks (save-state support, etc.) and released alongside a bunch of other ported Nintendo 64 and Gamecube games.
>>
If you think they would port Melee while keeping mechanics and gameplay 100% intact while just making better graphics then you are literally an autistic retard.
>>
>>380675760
Of course they hate to adapt. The same top Smash Fags win every tournament. If they moved to 4 suddenly they wouldn't be the top shit.
>>
>>380676539
>The same top Smash Fags win every tournament.

I don't disagree with you on this one, but up until very recently, Sm4sh had it worse. The competitive scene for the first year and a half was dominated by one scarf-wearing faggot until the devs savaged his favorite characters one-by-one with the nerf bat.
>>
>>380672912
You autists deserve it.
>>
File: IMG_1823.jpg (29KB, 380x257px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1823.jpg
29KB, 380x257px
>mfw I read that Maylay tourney fags can only play with literally broken/malfunctioning controllers.
>>
File: kermit yells about smash.jpg (146KB, 963x721px) Image search: [Google]
kermit yells about smash.jpg
146KB, 963x721px
>>
>Been modding Brawl/Project M for years
>About to start modding Wii U
Anyone know what I'm in for? How different is Wii U's file structure compared to Brawl's?

Brawl modding is nearly dead. I need to move on.
>>
>>380672912
>Melee tournament scene is slowly dying
This makes me happy
>>
I really wanted a Melee HD, but the perfect time for it has come and passed. The scene reached it's peak and is getting maybe 95% the entrants it did 2016, which sounds good until you consider that's a decline from growth year over year since like 2013. There's no buzz and press like finally getting back into EVO, speculation over the Mango 3peat, the Leffen/Chillin grudge match at Apex, Armada finally taking an EVO, speculation over an Armada 2peat, and Hungrybox finally taking an EVO. The scene has lived out the greatest moments it'll ever have, we're not even at the Buu saga here, we're at GT. It's time to start thinking about what can come after Melee. Project Wavedash tried to fill those shoes while shedding the Nintendo shackles, but it's seeming more and more like idea guy vaporware with some really fancy League of Legends art commissions and hollow nods to Melee like Kidd the Space Goat.

At this point I'd literally have the slate wiped clean with a competitively-focused official branch-off budget title on Nintendo Network with a limited initial roster that can grow if it's profitable. Mainline SSB is way too burdened with trying to satisfy too many people at once, it may as well focus on casual appeal and content while a spinoff can soak up competitive focus without requiring the massive logistics of all the items, music, stages, extras, trophies, etc.
>>
>>380675760
Its simply not as fun. The controls are not as tight and Smash 4 feels sloppy and obtuse by compassion. Its less about adapting and more about feeling stunted in what options are available.
>>
>>380675196
How are competitive Smash 4 fans? Are they the same?
>>
As much as I hate Nintendo I'm so glad they don't give into Melee autists, they are like the bottomest spectrum of Nintendo fans
>>
>>380676147
t. someone who's never played competitive fighting games
>>
>>380676175
SM4SHSPACE EMISSARY WHEN
>>
>>380672912
>Melee HD releases
>All the abused stuff is 'possibly' fixed (wavedashing. l-cancel, etc)
You still want this?

>Project M is dead
Good.
>>
>>380674020

Competitive SF players hate 3S, though.
>>
>>380675613
>implying anyone would switch to melee HD if they changed balance

Bullshit, they're opposed to the idea of different controllers because it might give someone a slight advantage
>>
>>380678273
The melee scene is fucking dead. There isn't enough fresh blood to go toe to toe with the same five people winning whatever competition. The divide between the pros and beginners is so wide it may as well be black and white.

Even conventions that feature fighting games are straying away from it because people are done watching the same people over and over.
>>380678741
This too. They refuse to use anything other than the Gamecube controller, or if they're truly anal about it, the specific defect controllers that's required to pull off specific techs that's otherwise impossible for other people to do with regular controllers.

It's fucked and done.
>>
File: 1491104520416.png (522KB, 708x807px) Image search: [Google]
1491104520416.png
522KB, 708x807px
>Nintendo slowly choking Melee to death
Based.
>>
>>380675196
> won't give new game a chance

This is stupid.
What if Capcom released a sequel to street fighter without combos, inputs, and random tripping? You'll still give it a chance?
>>
File: 1493752298569.gif (958KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1493752298569.gif
958KB, 500x281px
>>380672912

>Complaining about "Muh Smash Bros" game not being announced at E3.

Nintendo views Smash as a product that has come and passed and nothing else. Nintendo is also NOT interested in E-sports as that's a trend that will die off soon enough. They like competitive games though, but not Smash. They also view Smash as a more casual game, and it's probably Sakurai who said no to this.

Also, if you got a "melee HD" it'd be a port onto the switch via virtual console. Nintendo isn't going to remake an 11 year old game to a franchise that is still living and beating.

Smash kids are spoiled children. OP just proved it.
>>
>>380681062
>Nintendo isn't going to remake an 11 year old game to a franchise that is still living and beating
>>
File: genesis.jpg (780KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
genesis.jpg
780KB, 2048x1365px
>>380680013
Nintendo hasn't really done anything to spite Melee since the 2013 EVO fiasco, they're sponsoring and advertising during supermajors and covering the costs of the theater venue for top 8 Sunday at Genesis, which just makes Hungrybox look even more like a whiny bitch for trying to call out Nintendo.

They're just in a tough situation where anything short of a Melee HD or new dedicated competitive game won't do much to help the community. Most people don't appreciate the fact that we're talking about a couple million dollar budget at least for HD and several million for a new game, and would probably require the expertise of a first/second party developer like HAL whose endless Kirby rehashes still manage to sell a couple million copies each. It's a hard sell trying to convince old fuddy-duddy Japanese businessmen to greenlight that. I'd argue that there are people within Nintendo who've tried their hardest to make it happen and can't, I mean look at Capcom and Darkstalkers.
>>
>>380681443
The series got a game in 2015. Its only been 2 years. Try again.
>>
>>380672912
>Smash is all that matters
That's miserable bro, and I love Smash
>>
>>380675196
So basically Meleefags are 90s kids who never grow up?
>>
Melee HD already exists.It's called using Dolphin and texture packs.
>>
You can already play melee HD any time you want. Dolphin, nigga.
>>
We won't get smash for a while because they know it will mess with arms sale. And yes I know the 5 minutes it was out in Japan it didn't sell well I am well aware
>>
File: icant.jpg (399KB, 644x925px) Image search: [Google]
icant.jpg
399KB, 644x925px
>>380675196
They can be little autists but

>Won't give a new game a chance because it doesn't play exactly like Melee

Is unfair. Smash games after Melee purposefully removed all of the advanced movement and technique meta from the game on purpose because Sakurai didn't want smash to be a game with a large skill celing.It'd be like removing strafe and circle jumping from Quake and slowing the game down, or removing combos/mixups etc. from a fighting game.
>>
>>380673462
Denuvolord?
>>
>>380672912
I don't even want Melee HD, just give us Switch virtual console with online play.
>>
File: 1448237467488.png (39KB, 156x129px) Image search: [Google]
1448237467488.png
39KB, 156x129px
>>380672912
>Smash is dying

Thank fuck for that.
>>
>>380673462
This is why I always block chats.
>>
>>380678136
They're the same with the added bonus that they deflect any criticism to their game as you wanting it to be melee.
>>
>>380683150
Then the same logic applies to Smash Bros you stupid fuck. How did you counter your own argument in ONE response? I'm not even the same guy either but wow you're an idiot.
>>
>>380683150
His point was that both Smash and Mario & Luigi are living, on-going series that see periodic releases, and that claims that they wouldn't remake Melee because they still make new Smash games are silly because they're remaking Superstar Saga even though they still make new Mario & Luigi games.

On the other hand, Smash is a long-term multiplayer game, whereas Mario & Luigi games are single-playthrough RPGs. The new Superstar Saga would only steal sales from the next new Mario & Luigi if they were coming out within like a year of one another, maybe half a year. People play Smash Bros. for longer.
>>
>>380672912
>Wanting Melee HD
You realize Nintendo would "fix" it if they made one, right? Meleefags would still bitch about it.
>>
>>380685089
Fast-cancelling aerials and momentum on movement/jumps are the most important parts that I would worry about them 'fixing'.
>>
File: 1464311270650.png (208KB, 426x360px) Image search: [Google]
1464311270650.png
208KB, 426x360px
>>380672912
>meleefag scene slowly dying
Thank god.
>>
>>380677923
This. And while I was a heavy melee player in older days, Brawl and Sm4sh's lukewarm releases have captured less and less of my attention with each release. I bought and never even opened Sm4sh for 3DS.

But yeah, I'd rather a 2.5d game maker spinoff breathes some life into a competitive Nintendo fighter and keep Smash as the big casual party game. In the same way Arcsys is (looking like it's) finally making a good DBZ fighter (DBFZ) since Budokai 3.
>>
>>380675196
>Refuse to use anything other than CRT monitors, which is a huge burden to TOs
Input lag is a thing, so that's fair, and most events are either small enough that people can just bring their own crts, or big enough that providing crts isn't a big deal.

>Tend to have horrible hygiene by most accounts at local and major tourneys
Stereotyping and generalizations, nice nice.

>Actively don't like their fanbases, requesting that they get VIP treatment in order to "not deal with fans"
Can't blame them for not wanting to deal with fans.
>>
>>380675627
>Sakurai clearly wants to make more Kirby anyway.
Sakurai hasn't been involved with Kirby since Air Ride
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.