[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>showing off DLC before the game even releases Jesus Christ,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

>showing off DLC before the game even releases
Jesus Christ, Even nintendo's doing it. then again, splatoon 1.
>>
He is the final boss in the grand prix too, so you would think implementing him as a playable character wouldn't require a download.
>>
free dlc tho, same with splatoon 1 and 2
>>
And splatoon 1 was amazing op ;)
>>
It's free, OP.
>>
>>380668075

If it's free DLC why tf does it matter? It's not like they are locking content behind a paywall.
>>
>>380668273
>>380668273
>>380668314

Its the *Illusion* of free DLC. Max Brass is clearly ready, and was ready for launch, why not just put him on the base copy of the game? same with spectator mode. This isn't free DLC, its content ripped from the game. They did the same thing with splatoon 1.
>>
>>380669679
He is in the base copy retard. He is the fucking champ in single player.
>>
>>380669679
>This isn't free DLC
It's content that is downloadable for free. How is that not free DLC?
>>
>>380670893
He's whining that it isn't in the game in the first place but it's literally free so there's nothing to whine about
>>
>>380669679
How's it an illusion, it's literally free. There's probably shit they need to add, like his single player campaign. I'm more concerned by how fucking OP he looks
>>
>>380669679
The game went gold months ago, anon. It's not unreasonable to believe that rebalancing Max Brass as a non-boss character and adding the spectator mode took time past the completion of development, but are complete enough to show and use on their devkits for the treehouse. I'd argue spectator mode should've been in the final game, I do agree, but considering that it's confirmed to be in the game within the month, I'm not terribly bothered by it.
This is literally worse than Splatoon 1, in which the content was on the game disc, but locked by their matchmaking. This is them continuing to develop content, and adding it later because the game was done before that content was, since this launch window has been locked down for ages.
>>
>>380668075
Pretty sure they're gonna pad out content through the year and so on to keep the game alive. If they want this to be a hit with the eSports crowd they gotta hype up new content and shit, throwing out the game just like that and hoping for the best isn't a good idea compared to gradually releasing content.

At least it is "free". Worst case scenario they start charging for newer DLC like Smash.
>>
>10 years ago
>release a fighting game around 20 characters or more if one of those "VS" 3 vs 3 fighting games
>now
>get game
>install game
>download update day 1
>download patch a week later
>release arcade or story mode later, paid or not
>release some character related "story"
>release packs of characters, costumes, colors or more soundtrack
>download another update or patch
>release dlc of boss
>"BUT THIS ONE IS THEEEE"

No, fuck you. Shit is wrong and is a cancer, even if it's free I shouldn't have to download shit, I should buy the game and play it on the go

Thanks to this joke of business, companies are alllowed to released unfinished games like a normal thing
>>
>>380672498
>I should buy the game and play it on the go
But you can do that. Arms has no day 1 patch, and the game will work fine without being patched unless you feel like playing online, considering there's literally a "stop update and launch game" option.
>>
>Updates, free maps and patches are bad!
Ebin
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.